Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

*****The OFFICIAL July 29th Mint "Cover Me, I'm Going In" Type 2 Gold Eagle Purchase Thread*****

Comments

• Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,962 ✭✭✭✭✭

USPS Out for delivery today.

4pc. gold set :smiley:

• Options
    VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭✭✭

@liefgold said:
    Got a 4 coin set and a 1 ounce in the same order in the first 3 minutes. Showed processing until today, now it's BACKORDERED!!!
    Anybody else in this boat?

No but I bought the same coins with two orders at 12:03 et. Now both show shipped. It's a relief even though it'll probably be a week before they arrive.

• Options
    GoldminersGoldminers Posts: 3,649 ✭✭✭✭✭

Gold is $1,760 an ounce right now. These cost $2,700. Ouch.

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,746 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Goldminers said:

Well, gold was over $1800 when they priced these. They will drop in price if gold stays down.

• Options
    HoneyMarketHoneyMarket Posts: 805 ✭✭✭✭

@HoneyMarket said:

@HoneyMarket said:

@jwitten said:
    Anyone else have one of these or a gold proof that shows as shipped from the mint last week, and still not scanned into the USPS system? There's usually a day or so delay, but mine is going on about a 5 day delay.

Same here...
    I had two different orders of the Gold proofs.
    One is still listed as processing...The other has a USPS tracking number that only shows that a USPS tracking number was generated but it's still not in the USPS system for shipment!

...and my orders are still the same as yesterday!

...and on the 6th day of August - (wait for it) ---> There's been NO change!!

BST references available on request

• Options
    kevinstangkevinstang Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭

Got mine (well the one I ordered for my brother) today- August 6th- 1/10oz type2.Nice looking little coin, cheap packaging.

• Options
    JimTylerJimTyler Posts: 3,166 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

@Goldminers said:

Well, gold was over $1800 when they priced these. They will drop in price if gold stays down.

You expecting a refund ?

• Options

@JimTyler said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@Goldminers said:

You expecting a refund ?

No. But, if you buy another one it'll only be $2670

• Options
    edited August 6, 2021 1:43PM

@HoneyMarket said:

@HoneyMarket said:

@HoneyMarket said:

@jwitten said:
    Anyone else have one of these or a gold proof that shows as shipped from the mint last week, and still not scanned into the USPS system? There's usually a day or so delay, but mine is going on about a 5 day delay.

Same here...
    One is still listed as processing...The other has a USPS tracking number that only shows that a USPS tracking number was generated but it's still not in the USPS system for shipment!

I guess I spoke too soon on the 6th day of August...this afternoon, we have movement on one order...and the other is still listed as processing.

Arrival expected Tuesday - I guess they don't move much on the weekends!

Tracking History

August 6, 2021, 2:51 pm
    Arrived at USPS Origin Facility
    LA VERGNE, TN 37086
    Your item arrived at our LA VERGNE, TN 37086 origin facility on August 6, 2021 at 2:51 pm. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

August 6, 2021, 1:36 pm
    Accepted at USPS Regional Origin Facility
    MEMPHIS TN DISTRIBUTION CENTER ANNEX

August 2, 2021
    Pre-Shipment Info Sent to USPS, USPS Awaiting Item

• Options
    Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,650 ✭✭✭✭✭

Someone mentioned it looks like a chicken head and ever since that’s all I see😂. Sorry it went along with a joke (that can’t be posted). They really are nice

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• Options

In the same early first day order I have received the 1/10, 1/4, and 1 oz., but the half remains backordered.

I am surprised the Mint did not have these on shelves in Memphis ahead of time. Did they really think these would not sell out? The extra mintage of the half was only 2,000 over the 4 coin set. Was it really a risk to strike these ahead of time?

On a positive note, I think the quality of the Mint coins I have received has improved in the last year or two.

• Options

@Goldminers said:

I am surprised the Mint did not have these on shelves in Memphis ahead of time.

I am curious, and uneducated on these things, but how does Memphis play into the mints distribution of coins?

Is that because it is FedEx’s hub location?

• Options

Memphis is the Mint's Fulfillment center for shipping coins and also the location of where you send things back for refunds.

Nothing to do with FedEx hub.

• Options

@Goldminers said:
    Memphis is the Mint's Fulfillment center for shipping coins and also the location of where you send things back for refunds.

Nothing to do with FedEx hub.

Thanks...
    Your answer led me to look into it a bit more and I found this additional info that ties it together for me...

Shipping of numismatic products from the U.S. Mint is executed by a contracted outside vendor, PFSWeb, which sends out the products from its order fulfillment center in Memphis, Tennessee.

PSFWeb also is contracted to accept orders placed online through the Mint’s website and by telephone at the toll-free 800-USA-MINT ordering number.

Products released from the PSFWeb order fulfillment center arrive at the Memphis facility from the U.S. Mint production plants — Philadelphia Mint, West Point Mint, San Francisco Mint and Denver Mint — where the numismatic items are produced and packaged.

• Options
    goldbuffalogoldbuffalo Posts: 618 ✭✭✭

4 coin 9848xxx got super fast, like 7/29 , 4 coin 9888xxx - backordered....
    1 oz 9906xxx will get tomorrow, 1/10 9908xxx processing still

not sure what the deal is on the 4-coin set

• Options
    kimber45ACPkimber45ACP Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭

1/4 Tomorrow. 1oz still processing.

• Options

Typical Mint failure.
    Did they think they were not going to sell 10,000 4 coin set ?

• Options

@goldbuffalo said:
    Typical Mint failure.

There's any number of possible reasons. They could be behind on production. Their packaging supplier could be behind on production. They could have made a business decision to satisfy single coin orders first.

• Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 8, 2021 4:29PM

@jmlanzaf said:

@goldbuffalo said:
    Typical Mint failure.

There's any number of possible reasons. They could be behind on production. Their packaging supplier could be behind on production. They could have made a business decision to satisfy single coin orders first.

Not one of the Mint's better presentation boxes, as basic as they come. The type 1 four coin set at least had the furry box with satin cloth interior..

• Options

@jmlanzaf said:

@goldbuffalo said:
    Typical Mint failure.

Yes, that's called failure, not success.

• Options

@goldbuffalo said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@goldbuffalo said:
    Typical Mint failure.

Yes, that's called failure, not success.

I didn't call it success or failure. I simply pointed out that it might have nothing to do with their sales expectation.

• Options
    pointfivezeropointfivezero Posts: 1,669 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice - that quarter ounce image looks great to me. Thanks for sharing.

• Options
    edited August 9, 2021 2:14PM

@HoneyMarket said:

@HoneyMarket said:

@HoneyMarket said:

@HoneyMarket said:

@jwitten said:

Same here...

I guess I spoke too soon on the 6th day of August...this afternoon, we have movement on one order...and the other is still listed as processing.

Tracking History

LA VERGNE, TN 37086
    Your item arrived at our LA VERGNE, TN 37086 origin facility on August 6, 2021 at 2:51 pm. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

August 2, 2021

I finally received my 1st order today.
    My other order is still listed as "Processing"

It's amazing to think that $5k is just sitting out in my mailbox...with only a tracking number!

• Options
    edited August 9, 2021 2:16PM

@kimber45ACP said:
    Just came in. Hopefully, the 1oz will image a little better.

Well they're def. not as dusty/linty as the ASE's are, showing in another thread!

• Options

@HoneyMarket said:

@HoneyMarket said:

@HoneyMarket said:

@HoneyMarket said:

@HoneyMarket said:

@jwitten said:

Same here...

Tracking History

LA VERGNE, TN 37086

August 2, 2021

I finally received my 1st order today.
    My other order is still listed as "Processing"

It's amazing to think that $5k is just sitting out in my mailbox...with only a tracking number!

My second order today was finally changed from Processing to Shipped...

(of course, checking the tracking number provided only indicated that someone reserved a tracking label in my name - "The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on August 10, 2021 to expect your package for mailing. ")

Hopefully I'll have it...a bit quicker this time - my 1st order took 12 days from ordering to arrive.

• Options
    kimber45ACPkimber45ACP Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭

@HoneyMarket said:

@kimber45ACP said:
    Just came in. Hopefully, the 1oz will image a little better.

Well they're def. not as dusty/linty as the ASE's are, showing in another thread!

I do pop the capsule to take the image, but the coin is never touched and is always in the bottom half of the capsule, so in essence, it never leaves the capsule. When done, I snap the capsule back together and chunk it in the safe. :smile:

• Options
    92vette92vette Posts: 528 ✭✭✭

Just got the dreaded "An important message about your order USM....." telling me they cant fulfill several of my orders placed after order day for type II gold and silver ASE's. I need to contact them within 48 hours or they will be cancelled. THe problem is they wont chat and wont pickup the phone.

• Options
    jskillz95jskillz95 Posts: 86 ✭✭✭

I received the same emails as well for the same products of AGE and ASE. Guess I'll be on the phone with the mint this morning....fun times.

• Options
    jwittenjwitten Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭✭✭

I just had a late first day order for a 1/2 gold proof switch from backorder to processing. Hopefully that means it ships soon. I already received my two other 1/2 ounce first day ordered golds.

• Options
    edited August 11, 2021 5:58AM

@92vette said:
    Just got the dreaded "An important message about your order USM....." telling me they cant fulfill several of my orders placed after order day for type II gold and silver ASE's. I need to contact them within 48 hours or they will be cancelled. THe problem is they wont chat and wont pickup the phone.

I just got the same thing but my order was within the first 10 minutes the first day!!!!!!!, This implies that orders are not fulfilled in order of receiving and confirming them. There were 3 coins all in that same order , one of each ounce, half, and quarter gold. The half did not ship yet, but the other two did.

PRODUCT UPDATE: CONTACT CUSTOMER SERVICE CENTER  

Dear xxx:
    Thank you for your recent order. Unfortunately, we are not able to fulfill it at this time. Please call our Customer Service Center at your earliest convenience at 1-800-872-6468.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. If we do not hear from you within 48 hours, we will automatically cancel your order. This is to protect you against any fraudulent activity on your account.
    Order Number: USM0988xxxx

Your call did not go through, please try again.

• Options
    tahbb143tahbb143 Posts: 91 ✭✭✭

@Goldminers said:
    PRODUCT UPDATE: CONTACT CUSTOMER SERVICE CENTER

Dear xxx:
    Thank you for your recent order. Unfortunately, we are not able to fulfill it at this time. Please call our Customer Service Center at your earliest convenience at 1-800-872-6468.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. If we do not hear from you within 48 hours, we will automatically cancel your order. This is to protect you against any fraudulent activity on your account.
    Order Number: USM0988xxxx

I got this email in regards to my 3 × 2021-w t2 proofs this am ...

• Options
    CoinMeisterCoinMeister Posts: 642 ✭✭✭✭

@92vette said:

I too got 3 emails. 2 ASE proof coins and the 4 coin gold set. Had an agent call me back. She took down my information and put me on hold. I waited for about 7 minutes only to be hung up on. I’ve never had a problem with any orders in the past. All of my information is good and I didn’t violate any HHL.
    Since so many seem to have the same issue, my gut tells me this is a glitch.

"What we are never changes, but who we are ... never stops changing."
  • Options
    92vette92vette Posts: 528 ✭✭✭

All these 'troublesome' orders are still listed as processing for me, in my order history.

• Options
    CoinMeisterCoinMeister Posts: 642 ✭✭✭✭

@92vette said:
    All these 'troublesome' orders are still listed as processing for me, in my order history.

Same here

"What we are never changes, but who we are ... never stops changing."
  • Options
    pointfivezeropointfivezero Posts: 1,669 ✭✭✭✭✭

Count me in for the Mint email this morning - been trying to contact them for the past hour but just busy signals.

• Options
    djmdjm Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CoinMeister said:

@92vette said:

Same here

Same for me. They did call me back and said the credit cards were declined. She resubmitted the orders for me and they should be OK now. I don't know why they would have been declined some of them showed the pending charges from the original order date.

• Options

how do you get the mint to call you back, I keep getting busy signals once I get past the menu screen.

• Options

Smart, never thought about that go around. I pressed 2 (order status side) and was on hold for 70+ mins and gave up. Will try the purchasing side (press 1) and have them call me back. Thanks for the guidance.

• Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

I got the same e-mail as well. I will wait to call after someone else gets through. Thought it was a Pfishing attempt at first.

• Options

Do you guys think the set will appreciate in price over the years? The premiums on it are really crazy

• Options
    djmdjm Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 11, 2021 1:59PM

@elberta said:
    Do you guys think the set will appreciate in price over the years? The premiums on it are really crazy

Only if gold doubles in price

• Options

@elberta said:

No. Very low probability. 95% of mint issued products are less than the issue price within 2 years.

• Options
    edited August 11, 2021 2:15PM

So at 4:53 AM my time I get the email unable to fill your order call customer service. Later this morning I finally had the Mint call after several hours of effort and they re-submitted my same credit card. At 12:22PM I received the email that my order in question has shipped! Wow, the Mint's customer service is truly unbelievable. :#

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,475 ✭✭✭✭✭

wow

unreal

anyone else with a ship notice? or is that one a fluke?

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

@MsMorrisine said:
    wow

unreal

anyone else with a ship notice? or is that one a fluke?

It was the half ounce type 2 gold proof showing "backorder" yesterday that I was complaining about earlier in this thread. It was the one missing from the same order with 2 other coins that had already shipped last week UPS next day air.

So I bet a lot of orders people have in processing will move to ship tonight after you call and get the credit cards resubmitted. Good luck.

It is really a shame that they can't just re-submit cc's without all this stress. I still have a headache from 5AM.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file