Home U.S. Coin Forum

Comments

• Options
    HoneyMarketHoneyMarket Posts: 804 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 20, 2021 3:05PM

Subscribing!!!

Any guesses on pricing yet? Similar to the earlier sale this year?

I'm assuming "flippability" will be high with this one?

BST references available on request

• Options
    TomthemailcarrierTomthemailcarrier Posts: 636 ✭✭✭✭✭

Can you subscribe to this gold release?

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 20, 2021 3:14PM

pricing won't be set until the Wed. Afternoon before.

if gold stays between $1800 and $1849.99
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    4 Coin - $5,055.00
    1 Oz - $2,700.00
    1/2 Oz - $1,375.00
    1/4 Oz - $ 715.00
    1/10 Oz - $ 315.00

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    MetroDMetroD Posts: 1,943 ✭✭✭✭✭

@HoneyMarket said:
    [...]
    [...]

Pricing range table

• Options

@Tomthemailcarrier said:

I don't know if your comment was directed at my post...but I wrote subscribing in my first response...Just so I would get follow-up notifications of this thread.

• Options
    cagcrispcagcrisp Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Tomthemailcarrier said:

No

• Options

they don't do subscriptions for the AGE.

I was thinking they should, but they mst have a reason not. perhaps declining sales? rising prices knocking out buyers? dunno.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    edited July 20, 2021 3:28PM

I would not ask a flipper if it is a good flip.

I'd ask the people that bought the Type 1 from the flippers if they made money and if they might be buying again.

• Options
    DimeDorkDimeDork Posts: 33 ✭✭✭

FWIW there isnt a lot of presale activity on Fleabay.

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,017 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MsMorrisine said:
    I would not ask a flipper if it is a good flip.

I'd ask the people that bought the Type 1 from the flippers if they made money and if they might be buying again.

It was a tough flip except the 4 coin. Right now, the price of the Type 1s on ebay are lower than the release price for the singles.

• Options

@HoneyMarket said:
    Subscribing!!!

Tough flip. Mintages are too high for the premium. You can buy most of the Type 1s on ebay now for less than the Mint sold them.

• Options
    OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭✭✭

I do like the packaging better than the previous one. I just seems like it should be in a fancier box.
    Come to think of it, this year we have two sets of boxes! Black highlights the gold better than that murky maroon.

• Options
    Dug13Dug13 Posts: 234 ✭✭✭

Not on this round, saving funds for the August 5th release American Eagle 2021 One-Tenth Ounce Gold Two-Coin Set .

Wall of HONOR transaction list:WonderCoin, CoinFlip, Masscrew, Travintiques, lordmarcovan, Jinx86, Gerard, ElKevvo

• Options
    JimTylerJimTyler Posts: 3,060 ✭✭✭✭✭

Only if I have someone to sell it too

• Options

I guess we’ll find out soon what prices will be offered by the buyers - PFS should be sending out their solicitation email soon - then again, I believe they (PFS) are usually the lower paying buyers based upon what I’ve seen them offer over the past few years

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Buy the dips, not the flips.... ;) Cheers, RickO

• Options
    HalfpenceHalfpence Posts: 442 ✭✭✭✭

I like the title of this thread. I’m in!

• Options

2 days

• Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,311 ✭✭✭✭✭

You are covered, keep low, avoid eye contact, wear your big boy cargo pants.

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options

I think diapers are in order.

• Options

wah

• Options
    edited July 28, 2021 1:50PM

initial prices posted in the OP

carry your big boy wallets, too.

• Options

These are the Type 1 AGE initial prices

@cagcrisp said:
    Officially at approximately 200PM ET the United States Mint will post these prices:

1 oz. $2,375.00
    1/2 oz. $1,205.00
    1/4 oz. $615.00
    1/10 oz. $260.00
    4- coin set $4,410.00

• Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,866 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 28, 2021 2:08PM

@MsMorrisine said:

@cagcrisp said:
    Officially at approximately 200PM ET the United States Mint will post these prices:

1 oz. $2,375.00
    1/2 oz. $1,205.00
    1/4 oz. $615.00
    1/10 oz. $260.00
    4- coin set $4,410.00

Just checked the Type 2

1 oz. $2,700.00
    1/2 oz. $1,375.00
    1/4 oz. $715.00
    1/10 oz. $315.00
    4- coin set $5,055.00

• Options

buying one of everything - $10,160.00

• Options

@Goldbully said:

@MsMorrisine said:

@cagcrisp said:

1 oz. $2,375.00
    1/2 oz. $1,205.00
    1/4 oz. $615.00
    1/10 oz. $260.00
    4- coin set $4,410.00

Just checked the Type 2

1 oz. $2,700.00
    1/2 oz. $1,375.00
    1/4 oz. $715.00
    1/10 oz. $315.00
    4- coin set $5,055.00

I doubt they are flippable at that number. MAYBE the 4 pc. The other prices are about what the peak buy price was for the Type 1s

• Options

These prices are ridiculous.

• Options

FWIW PFS is offering +$200 on the set.

Big loss risk for $200.

• Options

Ouch. That is a lot of effort and worry and shipping time issues for a little bit of extra cash.

• Options

It ain't worth $5k on the line.

• Options
    GoldminersGoldminers Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Halfpence said:
    These prices are ridiculous.

If you think these prices are high, wait until you see the Pinehurst sell prices, if their buy prices are $500 more as shown above.

• Options

Agreed, that is less than 10% “profit” for a load of worry, waiting, shipping issues and hope things don’t go south.
    Good for them for at least putting an offer out and I’m sure some people will grab a hold of this but it would not be worth MY time.
    And if I was in the mood to have a set or some singles I would do it because I wanted to keep them and if I want to keep them I will just hold my horses and buy a graded version later.

• Options

PFS really does seem to shaft their sellers with their low(er) offer prices. Then again, PFS markets mostly to the credit card blogger community & those hoping to generate extra spend on their credit cards for free airline & hotel points.

I prefer the buyers here - they pay twice(+) what PFS pays…and I still get hotel & airline points! 😊

• Options

@HoneyMarket said:
    PFS really does seem to shaft their sellers with their low(er) offer prices. Then again, PFS markets mostly to the credit card blogger community & those hoping to generate extra spend on their credit cards for free airline & hotel points.

This window is closing; Amex and Chase have stated that bullion purchases won't get points, and in Amex's case, will be treated as a cash advance.

I forgot and used my Amex for the 2021 Type2 Proof; a $240 purchase didn't flag, but pretty sure a $5K purchase would hahah

• Options

@DimeDork said:

@HoneyMarket said:

This window is closing; Amex and Chase have stated that bullion purchases won't get points, and in Amex's case, will be treated as a cash advance.

I forgot and used my Amex for the 2021 Type2 Proof; a $240 purchase didn't flag, but pretty sure a $5K purchase would hahah

I don't understand the prohibition. The banks still earn their 3% and give you 1%. What's the problem?

• Options

@Halfpence said:

@DimeDork said:

@HoneyMarket said:

I don't understand the prohibition. The banks still earn their 3% and give you 1%. What's the problem?

Probably higher rates of fraud.

• Options

@DimeDork said:

@HoneyMarket said:

You're right...I forgot about that. Do you recall when that was supposed to go in effect? August?
    BRB...I have some research to do

• Options

@HoneyMarket said:

@DimeDork said:

@HoneyMarket said:

You're right...I forgot about that. Do you recall when that was supposed to go in effect? August?

I just did a quick search and really couldn't find an exact date when it's supposed to go in effect...all I found was lots of the bloggers talking about - In AMEX's case, this has been discussed since last fall.

I just did check my last Mint purchase using Amex last week and there was no cash advance fee...would really suck if it was to show up tomorrow. So, looks like AMEX won't be getting a transaction fee tomorrow - time to pull out another card to play with!

• Options

Yeah for anything more than a couple hundred am going to use my Chase

• Options
    smuglrsmuglr Posts: 407 ✭✭✭

For AMEX and Chase... "bullion purchases".

• Options
    blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

@HoneyMarket said:
    Subscribing!!!

Tough flip. Mintages are too high for the premium. You can buy most of the Type 1s on ebay now for less than the Mint sold them.

That's almost always the case with any coin offering from the US Mint.

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• Options

@blitzdude said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@HoneyMarket said:
    Subscribing!!!

That's almost always the case with any coin offering from the US Mint.

But it's the rapidity of the drop. Usually it takes 6 months to 2 years to lose the premium. It only took a couple months with these.

• Options
    MetroDMetroD Posts: 1,943 ✭✭✭✭✭

@HoneyMarket said:

At AmEx, it appears that the changes on the 'Gold Card' were supposed to become effective on 01/15/21.
    Screenshot:

Source

Notwithstanding, it is included in the current "cardmember agreement".
    Screenshot:

Source

• Options

Smart move by AMEX. Remember the days of ordering dollar coins from the Mint for face!

• Options

Y’all go get after it now!

• Options

@MetroD said:

@HoneyMarket said:

At AmEx, it appears that the changes on the 'Gold Card' were supposed to become effective on 01/15/21.
    Screenshot:

Source

Notwithstanding, it is included in the current "cardmember agreement".
    Screenshot:

Source

My Mint order from last week was not charged a fee.
    I'm using a Business Platinum card...maybe that is why.
    We'll soon see...as I'm using it again today!

• Options
    SeatedTonersSeatedToners Posts: 392 ✭✭✭✭

website frozen

• Options
    ButteredfatkidButteredfatkid Posts: 173 ✭✭✭

None have even started to show as available to me yet

• Options
    JimTylerJimTyler Posts: 3,060 ✭✭✭✭✭

Got a half oz at 11:03.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list