Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

*****The OFFICIAL July 29th Mint "Cover Me, I'm Going In" Type 2 Gold Eagle Purchase Thread*****

Comments

• Options
    don129don129 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭

Snagged another 1oz gold this morning. Went super fast

Successful BSTs with adriana, barrytrot, Bochiman, Dabigkahuna, Modern Coin Mart, oilstates2003, terburn88, THEGENERAL
  • Options

@mpbuck82 said:
    I had a 1/4 oz in bag and it was gone before I could get through the check out process.

USE PAYPAL! It's the fastest way to check out

Successful BSTs with adriana, barrytrot, Bochiman, Dabigkahuna, Modern Coin Mart, oilstates2003, terburn88, THEGENERAL
  • Options
    SeatedTonersSeatedToners Posts: 392 ✭✭✭✭

I added to the bag but then it was goneeeeeee

• Options
    Dirt94Dirt94 Posts: 230 ✭✭✭

@jwitten said:
    Anyone else have one of these or a gold proof that shows as shipped from the mint last week, and still not scanned into the USPS system? There's usually a day or so delay, but mine is going on about a 5 day delay.

Mine is exactly the same right now. Been like that for days.

• Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,962 ✭✭✭✭✭

In case you are wondering about the First Strike cutoff dates for these proof Type 2 AGE's.

https://www.pcgs.com/firststrike

• Options
    HoneyMarketHoneyMarket Posts: 805 ✭✭✭✭

@jwitten said:
    Anyone else have one of these or a gold proof that shows as shipped from the mint last week, and still not scanned into the USPS system? There's usually a day or so delay, but mine is going on about a 5 day delay.

Same here...
    I had two different orders of the Gold proofs.
    One is still listed as processing...The other has a USPS tracking number that only shows that a USPS tracking number was generated but it's still not in the USPS system for shipment!

BST references available on request

• Options
    CoinnmoreCoinnmore Posts: 161 ✭✭✭

My 4 gold set shows delivered to my lock box hopefully its still there when I get home. :(

• Options
    HATTRICKHATTRICK Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 3, 2021 6:37PM

my 1oz label was printed Friday. Finally live at USPS this afternoon.

" If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
  • Options
    pointfivezeropointfivezero Posts: 1,669 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Dirt94 said:

@jwitten said:

Mine is exactly the same right now. Been like that for days.

Add me to the list. Both my orders:

• Options
    jwittenjwitten Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, one of my silver proof orders that marked as shipped 7/29 finally got scanned in today 8/3, so hopefully some of these golds will start scanning in soon.

• Options
    kimber45ACPkimber45ACP Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭

My AGE orders are still "processing"

• Options
    JimTylerJimTyler Posts: 3,166 ✭✭✭✭✭

Done at 11:03 ct still processing. I wish I was complaining about a shipped order not yet scanned.

• Options

This is getting a bit tiresome.

Anyone else?

• Options
    GoldminersGoldminers Posts: 3,649 ✭✭✭✭✭

Precious Metal Products 21EB 2021 AM EAGLE GOLD PROOF 1 OZ 4407 8/1/2021
    Precious Metal Products 21EBN 2021 AM EAGLE GOLD PROOF 1 OZ NEW 5569 8/1/2021
    Precious Metal Products 21EC 2021 AM EAGLE GOLD PROOF 1/2 OZ 1586 8/1/2021
    Precious Metal Products 21ECN 2021 AM EAGLE GOLD PROOF 1/2 OZ NEW 1980 8/1/2021
    Precious Metal Products 21ED 2021 AM EAGLE GOLD PROOF 1/4 OZ 2682 8/1/2021
    Precious Metal Products 21EDN 2021 AM EAGLE GOLD PROOF 1/4 OZ NEW 3336 8/1/2021
    Precious Metal Products 21EE 2021 AM EAGLE GOLD PROOF 1/10 OZ 7951 8/1/2021
    Precious Metal Products 21EEN 2021 AM EAGLE GOLD PROOF 1/10 OZ NEW 9916 8/1/2021
    Precious Metal Products 21EF 2021 AM EAGLE GOLD PROOF 4-COIN SET 8155 8/1/2021
    Precious Metal Products 21EFN 2021 AM EAGLE GOLD PROOF 4-COIN SET NEW 10156 8/1/2021

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,475 ✭✭✭✭✭

Type 1

Precious Metal Products 21EB 2021 AM EAGLE GOLD PROOF 1 OZ 4407 8/1/2021
    Precious Metal Products 21EC 2021 AM EAGLE GOLD PROOF 1/2 OZ 1586 8/1/2021
    Precious Metal Products 21ED 2021 AM EAGLE GOLD PROOF 1/4 OZ 2682 8/1/2021
    Precious Metal Products 21EE 2021 AM EAGLE GOLD PROOF 1/10 OZ 7951 8/1/2021
    Precious Metal Products 21EF 2021 AM EAGLE GOLD PROOF 4-COIN SET 8155 8/1/2021

Type 2

Precious Metal Products 21EFN 2021 AM EAGLE GOLD PROOF 4-COIN SET NEW 10156 8/1/2021
    Precious Metal Products 21EBN 2021 AM EAGLE GOLD PROOF 1 OZ NEW 5569 8/1/2021
    Precious Metal Products 21ECN 2021 AM EAGLE GOLD PROOF 1/2 OZ NEW 1980 8/1/2021
    Precious Metal Products 21EDN 2021 AM EAGLE GOLD PROOF 1/4 OZ NEW 3336 8/1/2021
    Precious Metal Products 21EEN 2021 AM EAGLE GOLD PROOF 1/10 OZ NEW 9916 8/1/2021

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    pointfivezeropointfivezero Posts: 1,669 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Goldbully said:

Anyone else?

Day 6 and mine are finally on the move:

• Options

One ounce and quarter ounce in hand and look nice, 1/2 ounce backordered, 1/10 ounce made it from Memphis to Nashville so far.

• Options
    CoinnmoreCoinnmore Posts: 161 ✭✭✭

I got my 4 gold set just sent off to our host for grading! I wonder if they have any special labels they might come out with to really catapult my value of the set hoping for ALL 70's!!!! :D
    I wonder how long it will take for them to grade and send back to me? :(:(:(:(:(

• Options

@Goldminers said:
    One ounce and quarter ounce in hand and look nice, 1/2 ounce backordered, 1/10 ounce made it from Memphis to Nashville so far.

Do you have any photos?

• Options

@kimber45ACP said:

@Goldminers said:

Do you have any photos?

Your silver eagle photo looked so good, I wouldn't be able to do these justice.

I carefully put them into flips for grading and and the less I handle them the better. I think regular service also has less handling risk than gold shield with photos. Not sure if others agree.

• Options

@Coinnmore said:
    I got my 4 gold set just sent off to our host for grading! I wonder if they have any special labels they might come out with to really catapult my value of the set hoping for ALL 70's!!!! :D
    I wonder how long it will take for them to grade and send back to me? :(:(:(:(:(

Did you do all 4 at one submission, and did you use express, regular service, or modern service? It does affect timing usually.
    Curious, what do others do when submitting these 4 coin gold sets?

• Options
    jshaulisjshaulis Posts: 801 ✭✭✭✭

I actually did NOT get a shipping notice from the mint. I got a notice from UPS that something from the usmint is being delivered tomorrow. I logged into my mint account and the order is marked as shipped. Never had that happen before so a little weird but not complaining.

Successful transactions with forum members commoncents05, dmarks, Coinscratch, Bullsitter, DCW, TwoSides2aCoin, Namvet69 (facilitated for 3rd party), Tetromibi, ProfLizMay, MASSU2, MWallace, Bruce7789, Twobitcollector, 78saen, U1chicago

• Options

@HoneyMarket said:

@jwitten said:

Same here...
    One is still listed as processing...The other has a USPS tracking number that only shows that a USPS tracking number was generated but it's still not in the USPS system for shipment!

...and my orders are still the same as yesterday!

• Options

@pointfivezero said:

@Goldbully said:

Anyone else?

Day 6 and mine are finally on the move:

Just got the same tracking as you, only it arrived at 2:30pm. :D

• Options
    VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭✭✭

@HoneyMarket said:

@jwitten said:

Same here...

Exactly the same here. Got my "shipment" notification on the 4 coin set last Saturday pm and it still isn't in the USPS system after 4+ days.

Other order for 1 oz proof still shows processing after 6+ days. :(

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 4, 2021 8:00PM

@VanHalen said:

@HoneyMarket said:

@jwitten said:

Same here...

Exactly the same here. Got my "shipment" notification on the 4 coin set last Saturday pm and it still isn't in the USPS system after 4+ days.

All of these things went on backorder at some point. The ones that had labels created are not backordered. But anything processing might be. Could be October for those.

I ordered 35 ASEs. 6 shipped. The other 29 are processing

• Options

@jmlanzaf said:

@VanHalen said:

@HoneyMarket said:

@jwitten said:

Same here...

All of these things went on backorder at some point. The ones that had labels created are not backordered. But anything processing might be, it should say if you click on the status. Could be October for those.

I ordered 35 ASEs. 6 shipped. The other 29 are on backorder

These were the golds.

• Options
    edited August 4, 2021 8:02PM

@VanHalen said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@VanHalen said:

@HoneyMarket said:

@jwitten said:

Same here...

All of these things went on backorder at some point. The ones that had labels created are not backordered. But anything processing might be, it should say if you click on the status. Could be October for those.

These were the golds.

As I said, "all of these things..." the gold also flipped to backorder before they went unavailable.

I also only got 2 out of 4 gold. The other 2 are processing and possibly backordered.

• Options

@jmlanzaf said:

@VanHalen said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@VanHalen said:

@HoneyMarket said:

@jwitten said:

Same here...

These were the golds.

As I said, "all of these things..." the gold also flipped to backorder before they went unavailable.

I also only got 2 out of 4 gold. The other 2 are processing and possibly backordered.

With a total mintage of 15,875 and a 12:03 order I'd be shocked by a backorder but I guess with the U.S. Mint anything is possible.

• Options
    Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,650 ✭✭✭✭✭

Pictures please 🤓

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• Options

@VanHalen said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@VanHalen said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@VanHalen said:

@HoneyMarket said:

@jwitten said:

Same here...

These were the golds.

With a total mintage of 15,875 and a 12:03 order I'd be shocked by a backorder but I guess with the U.S. Mint anything is possible.

I was shocked to see it. It was very odd that things flipped.

• Options
    edited August 5, 2021 3:34AM

1/4 changed from processing to shipped late afternoon on 8/4, but 1oz is still processing.

• Options
    fox9487fox9487 Posts: 285 ✭✭✭

@kimber45ACP said:
    1/4 changed from processing to shipped late afternoon on 8/4, but 1oz is still processing.

Same here

Successful Transactions: Coinflip, bp777, firstspousecoins, Akbeez, jmlanzaf, JWP
  • Options
    SeatedTonersSeatedToners Posts: 392 ✭✭✭✭

The 1/10 oz were available again this morning

• Options
    edited August 5, 2021 8:11AM

Grabbed two more gold sets this morning. Pickins are easy this summer! So far it's

• Five (5) sets
    • Three (3) 1-ounce
    • Two (2) 1/4 ounce

Going to focus on Morgans next as profit margins are higher there. Was able to get 10 D mints in my cart this morning

• Options

@don129 said:
    Grabbed two more gold sets this morning. Pickins are easy this summer! So far it's

• Five (5) sets
    • Three (3) 1-ounce
    • Two (2) 1/4 ounce

Going to focus on Morgans next as profit margins are higher there. Was able to get 10 D mints in my cart this morning

That's a whole lot of money for very little profit.

• Options
    edited August 5, 2021 8:46AM

Perhaps, but it's "free money" regardless. Who am I to turn it down? Not all of us may be as rich as you (sarcasm, but with a :) )

• Options
    edited August 5, 2021 9:02AM

Depends on how you flip. Risk versus reward. Every time you ship something your risk goes up and if there is an issue or damage Time is money. Things take time to resolve. How long before payment. Factors to consider when considering “profit “. If you sell on eBay customers bring their own unique set of problems. If going in for grading no guarantee there. So how much $ is involved is relevant.
    Not a lot of free money out there and the time you put in not free. Unless you don’t charge for your time and if that’s the case the north forty is getting ready for some work 🙀😂

• Options
    liefgoldliefgold Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭✭✭

Got a 4 coin set and a 1 ounce in the same order in the first 3 minutes. Showed processing until today, now it's BACKORDERED!!!
    Anybody else in this boat?

liefgold
  • Options
    JimTylerJimTyler Posts: 3,166 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 5, 2021 4:50PM

@liefgold said:
    Got a 4 coin set and a 1 ounce in the same order in the first 3 minutes. Showed processing until today, now it's BACKORDERED!!!
    Anybody else in this boat?

I guess I just squeaked by. My half ounce processing until late yesterday now shipped. I was also 3 minutes in.

• Options
    OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've got one shipped and one processing. I wouldn't even mind a backordered, just don't want to see the dreaded cancelled.

• Options
    edited August 5, 2021 5:30PM

@don129 said:

Perhaps, but it's "free money" regardless. Who am I to turn it down? Not all of us may be as rich as you (sarcasm, but with a :) )

Well, it's not exactly free money. Don't get me wrong, the entire coin business is a stupid business with really low margins. And I do, do it.

The Post office is great, but they still lose 1 in 1000 or 1 in 2000 packages. If it's your $5000 package... They are also prone to fight you on "bullion" value - see other threads.

If you retail it, you have the usually small but real customer risk. If you wholesale it, your margin is even lower and you still have the possibility of issues at the "customer" end. Not all dealers are equally honorable. Without naming names, there are a number of large outfits notorious for renegotiating terms after shipment.

And the backorders and shipping delays really complicate issues as the price at delivery will not be the same as the price at purchase.

Some flips are irresistible. When someone is offering +$50 or +$100 on an $100 coin, that's almost "free money". When someone is offering +$50 or +$100 on a $1000 coin, that's far from "free". And those stupid 4-coin sets are pretty much +$250 on a $5000 coin set.

• Options

@jmlanzaf said:
    Not all dealers are equally honorable.
    Without naming names, there are a number of large outfits notorious for renegotiating terms after shipment.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ This Deserves its own Thread & Writeup with experiences ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

• Options

@HoneyMarket said:

@jmlanzaf said:
    Without naming names, there are a number of large outfits notorious for renegotiating terms after shipment.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ This Deserves its own Thread & Writeup with experiences ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Such a thread will get immediately shut down.

• Options

@jmlanzaf said:

@HoneyMarket said:

@jmlanzaf said:

What is this place? Facebook, Twitter?? Don't answer that...I think I'm seeing a pattern since I've been around these parts!

• Options

@HoneyMarket said:

@jmlanzaf said:

I think that is against the rules 🙀

• Options
    edited August 5, 2021 6:19PM

@HoneyMarket said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@HoneyMarket said:

@jmlanzaf said:

What is this place? Facebook, Twitter?? Don't answer that...I think I'm seeing a pattern since I've been around these parts!

This is a private forum. No company in their right mind would let someone post something actionable on their site. Facebook et al actually have a 230 exemption that PCGS does not have.

I will say this much, you would know some of the names. Most of the time it isn't Mint issues like this, but there are many notorious, for example, for reclassifying silver dollars in a lower category or outright rejecting coins for minor issues. For Mint issues, I don't imagine they reject much. Even if the package were damaged, if they submit for grading they probably have replacement packaging.

But until the check clears the bank, there is always risk. And that risk should be figured in any assessment of profit potential. If you do 10,000 transactions you will have 5 or 10 problems. You have to be making enough on the other transactions to cover the 5 or 10 problems. If you are only doing 50 transactions and you manage to have a problem, then the other 49 need to cover the loss. And that's why $5000 buys for $250 profits can be problematic. If you lost a significant portion of that $5000 [mail loss, insurance refusal or outright theft] how many $100 flips do you need to do to make up for it?

I do enough volume that I don't get bent if a package gets lost. I don't even insure anything under $500. I sometimes don't insure things up to $1000. It is part of the cost of doing business. You aren't going to make money on everything and so you have to include the cost of those losses in the pricing of everything.

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,475 ✭✭✭✭✭

Any forum should have an exemption

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

@MsMorrisine said:
    Any forum should have an exemption

Maybe. I'm not sure what the parameters are.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file