Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

The Official TYPE 2 American Eagle 2021 One Ounce Silver Proof Coin

Comments

• Options
    MgarmyMgarmy Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just came back up bro

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

• Options

Kimber- I had the enrollment for years

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

• Options
    WQuarterFreddieWQuarterFreddie Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭✭✭

What a joke. Tried 10 times...each time I would get to final step and then instead of a confirmation I got this:
    Web server is returning an unknown error
    There is an unknown connection issue between Cloudflare and the origin web server. As a result, the web page can not be displayed.

🙄

• Options
    Samuel8Samuel8 Posts: 378 ✭✭✭

The difference this time is, the credit card is not charged immediately?

• Options

I hit that wall a couple times

• Options
    Dirt94Dirt94 Posts: 230 ✭✭✭

I was able to order at 11:01 with no errors at all. Easiest transaction I’ve had with an issue like this!

• Options
    RMLTM79RMLTM79 Posts: 549 ✭✭✭

Got 3, I think. Order history says processing but no confirmation email.

• Options

Got confirm email for the enrollment one at 2:35am this morning but nothing yet on the 12pm purchase

• Options
    BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,357 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good to go... B)

• Options
    ifthevamzarockinifthevamzarockin Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭✭✭

I didn't care that much about this coin but wanted to try the "new system" to see if it was any better so I would be ready for the 2021 Morgan & Peace. It looks like I won't be getting them either. :'(

The US Mint website SUCKS! :/

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,336 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Kdennison said:
    I got two, did not get the prove you're human button, and I have a confirmation email. But, now, they're not available. 300,000 gone in less than 20 minutes? Morgans in August are going to be another s___ show.

There are subscriptions. There were not 300,000 available

• Options
    TheRavenTheRaven Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭✭

@MsMorrisine said:
    there won't be confirmation email until the mint gets over the shock that most orders went through without trouble

Certainly would not say without trouble.

Collection under construction: VG Barber Quarters & Halves
  • Options
    originalsandmanoriginalsandman Posts: 155 ✭✭✭

it was a bit slow at every step but didnt get any error messages and order went thru fine.

• Options
    RichRRichR Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭✭✭

That was WAY better than in the past...unbelievably better!

Yes...I needed to refresh 2 or 3 times, but it also "felt" like the order was going to go through...unlike past nightmare experiences.

• Options
    edited July 20, 2021 10:06AM

Raufus...sorry you hit a wall...literally.

So did I, but only on Google Chrome. Fortunately I had logged in early, got hit by the "human check" and was able to overcome it...and I also don't run any funny programs.

For the next time, I would recommend trying to order using Firefox or Microsoft Edge. For some reason, only Google Chrome seems to have disturbed the website.

Anyone else experience that?

PS...I was running 2 laptops and an iPad...and only Google Chrome on the laptops triggered the human verification challenge.

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,888 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 20, 2021 10:11AM

A friend got shut out due to the "unexpected error" nonsense.

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,378 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JBK said:
    A friend got shot out due to the "unexpected error" nonsense.

there's always tomorrow morning.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,888 ✭✭✭✭✭

On a separate note, I finally got around today to opening my two proof T1s, and they were spectacular.

• Options

[A friend got shot out due to the "unexpected error" nonsense.]

I also got that near the end of checkout.

So the second time, I manually input my credit card data...and it worked. Buggy.

• Options
    kimber45ACPkimber45ACP Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭
    edited July 20, 2021 10:18AM

@Mgarmy said:
    Kimber- I had the enrollment for years

I did too, but cancelled a couple of years ago, then thought I would get back in and it must be full.

• Options
    DimeDorkDimeDork Posts: 33 ✭✭✭

Got my 3.

Took about 10 minutes, with multiple tries to check out (kept going to a "page not found error".

• Options
    TomthemailcarrierTomthemailcarrier Posts: 638 ✭✭✭✭✭

My wife was shut out. She couldn’t get past the Prove that you are Human.

• Options
    telephoto1telephoto1 Posts: 4,775 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

@Kdennison said:
    I got two, did not get the prove you're human button, and I have a confirmation email. But, now, they're not available. 300,000 gone in less than 20 minutes? Morgans in August are going to be another s___ show.

There are subscriptions. There were not 300,000 available

Bingo! Anyone with a standing enrollment for PSEs got their same enrollment amount for both issues. You weren't allowed to increase your enrollment amount though, at least not on these hot issues. So in case you were wondering how the flipper crowd often gets bigger quantities of certain things, this is one way. Speaking of which, these are going $120-$150 on ebay last I checked.

RIP Mom- 1932-2012
  • Options

[My wife was shut out. She couldn’t get past the Prove that you are Human.]

Tell her not to hold down the button with her tail the next time!

:)

• Options
    MJDMJD Posts: 87 ✭✭✭

I got the confirmation e-mail for my enrollment this morning. I wish everything with the Mint was this easy!

• Options
    CoinnmoreCoinnmore Posts: 161 ✭✭✭
    edited July 20, 2021 11:27AM

@RichR said:

So the second time, I manually input my credit card data...and it worked. Buggy.

I also Manually input my CC info. Seems when you put the card on file it went into proving you were human and that did not work. But when it entered the card number manually flew right through. Strange

• Options

@Coinnmore said:

@RichR said:

I also Manually input my CC info. Seems when you put the card on file it went into proving you were human and that did not work. But when it entered the card number manually flew right through. Strange

That happens sometimes when it fails to populate the field or is delayed populating the field. It does not, however, always fly through. It is an alternative to the auto-populate, but I've had that hang up just as many times as the auto-populate.

• Options

Where I also hung up was in filling the bag and then hitting the red checkout button...it just sat there for the longest time.

And I know from others that the red button can also be a source of frustration.

• Options
    unspendableunspendable Posts: 127 ✭✭✭

after a while my cc info loaded just have to be patient...

• Options
    JeffMJeffM Posts: 578 ✭✭✭✭

@ClosedLoop said:
    I think I got lucky, was able to order one from the road with my cellphone!!!

I used to be able to order on my cellphone from Mexico. Now, I can't even get any orders through on my computer in the U.S.

• Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,619 ✭✭✭✭✭

This is the first time I ordered from the Mint since the gold Kennedys in 2014. I made sure my credit card info was current in my account, and started refreshing the Silver Eagle page at 11:58. Sure enough, the "Add to Cart" button appeared right at 12:00, got my 3-coin order in at 12:01. I guess being "locked and loaded" paid off.

• Options

...despite the glitches...and there were a few...it really was like "That's it...did it just work? Is that possible? No...something's got to be wrong! No way did that work!"

• Options
    Samuel8Samuel8 Posts: 378 ✭✭✭

Anyone sees pending charge on your credit card?

• Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,619 ✭✭✭✭✭

@RichR said:
    ...despite the glitches...and there were a few...it really was like "That's it...did it just work? Is that possible? No...something's got to be wrong! No way did that work!"

I know, I will believe it worked when I receive my coins :D

• Options
    MetroDMetroD Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭✭✭

@telephoto1 said:
    Bingo! Anyone with a standing enrollment for PSEs got their same enrollment amount for both issues. You weren't allowed to increase your enrollment amount though, at least not on these hot issues. So in case you were wondering how the flipper crowd often gets bigger quantities of certain things, this is one way. Speaking of which, these are going $120-$150 on ebay last I checked.

The Mint limited enrollment orders for the remaining 2021ASE to 25 coins on ~ 05/14/21.
    IIRC, the original limit was 99.

Reference

• Options
    MrBearMrBear Posts: 378 ✭✭✭

My experience was...strange...

I forgot about the ASE, but got the text message a little before noon. I logged in, dropped three into my cart. Then realized that I wanted to make two orders so that I could send two off to PCGS for first strike (and then flip them for a million bucks each ;) ). My credit card had expired, so I pulled out another one. The info kept disappearing from the checkout page, but then reappearing when I clicked on this or that. I ordered (excuse me "ordered") the two, and got an error page when it went to confirm. Went back through to order the one, and when I completed the order, it said "Your order for two has been processed!" Then I went back and ordered the one a second time.

So apparently, the first time I ordered, the system glitched, but kept the shopping cart quantity and overrid what I'd entered. I got the two emails confirming that I'd placed the orders. Still waiting on the emails confirming that my orders had been accepted. Before I got the emails, I tried to go to my order history, but that was "unavailable."

Occasionally successful coin collector.
  • Options
    HoneyMarketHoneyMarket Posts: 804 ✭✭✭✭

@Tomthemailcarrier said:
    My wife was shut out. She couldn’t get past the Prove that you are Human.

...you just might want to check yourself! j/k

I'll bet, if nothing else, the Mint did give you a memory to remember your wife by today...that will last a lifetime!

BST references available on request

• Options
    HoneyMarketHoneyMarket Posts: 804 ✭✭✭✭

@Samuel8 said:
    Anyone sees pending charge on your credit card?

Nope, I'm not seeing any pending charges on my credit card - Nor have I rcvd a confirmation e-mail.
    I only have the screen print of my order and an order number...

BST references available on request

• Options
    VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,832 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ordered mine on my Android phone (5G) at work and got 3 pretty easily. Surprisingly easy.

• Options
    edgaredgar Posts: 886 ✭✭✭✭

my subscription order was charged, my real-time order won't populate, but. Log out of mint website, enter order number and email addy, the order page populates there.

subscription order says, "processing" , ship "USPS first class or USPS ground"

real-ime order says "being processed" ship "budget shipping"

both orders are for 1 coin ea.

(l8-)>>

• Options
    santinidollarsantinidollar Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was enrolled for one. Confirmation email came in the middle of the night. Doing the same thing with the SF mint type 2.

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,294 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ifthevamzarockin said:
    I didn't care that much about this coin but wanted to try the "new system" to see if it was any better so I would be ready for the 2021 Morgan & Peace. It looks like I won't be getting them either. :'(

The US Mint website SUCKS! :/

As much as ebay does?

The things I don’t always agree with are always worth considering.

• Options
    smuglrsmuglr Posts: 407 ✭✭✭
    edited July 20, 2021 4:25PM

Okay so what drives the interest in these? Obviously the new design but the limited number available for the high demand right? There were 300k of these today (and yes I know between the enrollments and the advanced purchase about 60k of those were already gone) and an additional est 50k in the LE silver proof set to come (for anyone really wanting one at a premium) est 350k total. What will happen with the S mint? and the W unc? The product limit is just 200k for the S and likely around 150k for the burnished (as the USM seems to be basing the numbers on last years sales) with enrollments set to take part of those numbers. Those should be real feeding frenzies. Good luck if you don't have an enrollment for these next ones.

• Options

@smuglr said:
    Okay so what drives the interest in these? Obviously the new design but the limited number available for the high demand right? There were 300k of these today (and yes I know between the enrollments and the advanced purchase about 60k of those were already gone) and an additional est 50k in the LE silver proof set to come (for anyone really wanting one at a premium) est 350k total. What will happen with the S mint? and the W unc? The product limit is just 200k for the S and likely around 150k for the burnished (as the USM seems to be basing the numbers on last years sales with enrollments set to take part of those numbers.(less enrollments). Those should be real feeding frenzies. Good luck if you don't have an enrollment) with enrollments set to take part of that)

1st year of issue.

ASEs are the most popular modern US Coin collectible. 350K is not terribly excessive given the number sold every year.

I don't expect these to be more than $100 longer term. However, the $73 issue price is actually the current wholesale price for ANY proof ASE.

• Options
    OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭✭✭

The website seemed to work a little smoother...but if it thinks a human is a bot and then shuts you out...that's not cool. I put three in my bag and when I hit the button, everything froze. It finally unfroze and the status immediately changed to unavailable. That was 12:18. I've still got 3 in my bag though and there's always the morning coffee club.

• Options
    Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,650 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would normally never disagree with JM but these will always be $100 over the $73 cost. We added a 10-15 percent collector base of what I call GameStop investors who have diversified into ase’s,silver and such

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file