Home U.S. Coin Forum

Dan Carrs latest

Comments

• GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,461 ✭✭✭✭✭

I had 2 that just had very slight yellow just around the rays and the outline of the portrait,,,,,,,,, didn't like it so I dipped it off. If the whole coin had the same overall tone it would have been OK but as is I didn't care for it.

They are now WHITE!!!!!

GrandAm :)
  • ZoinsZoins Posts: 34,113 ✭✭✭✭✭

@GRANDAM said:
    I had 2 that just had very slight yellow just around the rays and the outline of the portrait,,,,,,,,, didn't like it so I dipped it off. If the whole coin had the same overall tone it would have been OK but as is I didn't care for it.

They are now WHITE!!!!!

We need some pics!

• TheReverendTheReverend Posts: 21 ✭✭✭

Hard Times Token idea for Daniel Carr.
    International Monetary Fund SDR currency.
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-03-23/imf-considers-plan-to-issue-as-much-as-650-billion-in-reserves
    The IMF wants to create 650 Billion dollars of world currencies out of thin air.
    I think this should be commemorated.

edited April 2, 2021 7:48AM

@TheReverend said:
    Hard Times Token idea for Daniel Carr.
    International Monetary Fund SDR currency.
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-03-23/imf-considers-plan-to-issue-as-much-as-650-billion-in-reserves
    The IMF wants to create 650 Billion dollars of world currencies out of thin air.
    I think this should be commemorated.

That’s still much less than the $3 trillion requested. It’s $650 billion because that’s the limit without getting Congressional approval. If so, will we see $650 billion per year?

I wonder if any other countries will contribute?

edited April 2, 2021 8:39AM

@Akbeez said:
    Wow - you got the Full Monte there @zoins !! Nice flock!!

Thanks! I love them, but I’m still missing a lot, like the non-double struck blue and other double struck years. I have multiples of all the regular issues I believe.

• AkbeezAkbeez Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Zoins said:

@Akbeez said:
    Wow - you got the Full Monte there @zoins !! Nice flock!!

Ah sorry - thought that yellow antiqued was a 1921 -- but it's all good!

So the 2021 Centennials are drying up now, Octagons soon. Get 'em while you can!

Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS
  • BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 6, 2021 6:00PM

@ZoidMeister said:
    One of my favorite KOTCT medals, primarily for it's design simplicity and elegance.

I finally captured one in silver. This example has some nice beginning toning.

Z

Nice piece, like the toning, be careful and don't scratch that one..... ;)

• coinsarefuncoinsarefun Posts: 21,709 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Bullsitter said:

@SPalladino said:

@SPalladino said:
    I just got my ANACS grade for my MXMXXI counter-stamped, blue antiqued Peace Dollar O/S.
    MS65

Curiously, in an earlier submission, I submitted two MXMXXI counter-stamped, gold antiqued Peace Dollar O/S, and received ANACS grades of AU55 on both.

I'm happy with the MS65, but now scratching my head a bit on the two AU55s. Maybe because they were submitted so early after DC released them. Certainly not the difference in the antiquing? Not a big deal to me - they are all great pieces, IMO.

I checked the ANACS pop report for DC 1921 tokens:
    AU55 - 3, MS 63 - 1, MS65- 1, and MS70 - 4.

I am assuming that the 70s are from the 100 non-antiqued/non-counter-stamped issues, and the others are from the antiqued/counter-stamped issues. I know that 2 of the 55s, the 65, and one of the 70s are coins that I own.

I have the 63.... B)

.I'm so glad I saw this and you guy's pointed me to the right direction...I'm very happy with Mr @dcarr work. Its extremely
    eye appealing and pretty!

Now I can't decide which image looks better? Give me some feedback please.
    This one, my original

Then I thought it was too dark, so I did this one...which do you like better?....mybe neither.....lol

@coinsarefun said:

What does it look like more in hand?

@Zoins said:

@coinsarefun said:

The last one. The first one I did darker to show off the toning

• 7Jaguars7Jaguars Posts: 7,404 ✭✭✭✭✭

Second - bright and cheery & makes me wish I'd waited for the gold-toned over the blue.

Love that Milled British (1830-1960)
    Well, just Love coins, period.
    edited April 11, 2021 10:09PM

@coinsarefun said:

@Zoins said:

@coinsarefun said:

I prefer the one that's more representative of the coin.

If you like the yellow one, they are still available. I'm also sure someone would be more than happy to trade or buy your darker one off of you.

• GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,461 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 12, 2021 11:31AM

@Zoins said:

@GRANDAM said:

They are now WHITE!!!!!

We need some pics!

Here are mine,,,,, the 1st one is WHITE that I dipped before grading,,,,,, the second one as I received.

Both look much better in hand,,,,,,, I can't get color right on silver coins.

GrandAm :)
  • dcarrdcarr Posts: 8,338 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Zoins said:

@coinsarefun said:

@Zoins said:

@coinsarefun said:

If you like the yellow one, they are still available. I'm also sure someone would be more than happy to trade or buy your darker one off of you.

Every batch comes out unpredictably different. So I can't be sure if there will be any more yellow ones.

@dcarr said:

@Zoins said:

@coinsarefun said:

@Zoins said:

@coinsarefun said:

Every batch comes out unpredictably different. So I can't be sure if there will be any more yellow ones.

Good reminder. I was under the assumption more of the yellow batch were available but perhaps not.

The variability is part of what makes collecting these so fun.

@coinsarefun said:
    This one, my original

Then I thought it was too dark, so I did this one...which do you like better?....mybe neither.....lol

Both look good, but I like the lighter one the best.

• darth_morgandarth_morgan Posts: 192 ✭✭✭✭

@coinsarefun said:
    This one, my original

Go with the one that looks closest to its in-hand appearance.

My Eisenhower Dollar Complete Variety Set, Circulation Strikes and Proof (PCGS Registry):
    https://www.PCGS.com/SetRegistry/dollars/eisenhower-dollars-specialty-sets/eisenhower-dollars-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-proof-1971-1978/publishedset/119137

Darth Morgan - "The Other Ike Dollars" Showcase: https://www.PCGS.com/setregistry/showcase/3354

The Eisenhower Dollar Meeting Room: https://www.facebook.com/groups/933585237044733

Danny seems to have the timing down fairly well - try to keep interest and not diluting the market too much.
    Personally I like the overstrikes better than the medal issues (OK, I like the Clark Gruber gold pieces).
    I hate when releases are near tax time though - LOL.

edited April 25, 2021 10:09PM

@jwitten said:
    Just got my circulated in hand. I was hoping for a blue and got one! Awesome piece.

Congrats! I just got a blue and gold. I'll say that the blue & gold is super hard to photograph for me but looks gorgeous in hand! I took a few photos but I'm not very happy with them yet.

I have the following now:

• white
    • blue
    • gold
    • blue & gold
  • SPalladinoSPalladino Posts: 865 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Centennial Morgan and the Centennial Peace 2oz 0.999 rounds are listed as "out of stock" when I checked today.
    (as are the Buffalo OSs and the Clark Gruber octagonal and round issues)

Mintage of the Centennial Morgan listed as 73, and of the Peace Centennial as 151.

Beautiful! I'm happy that I purchased the ones that I did (2x Peace Centennial and 1x Morgan Centennial).

Steve Palladino
    - Ike Group member
    - DIVa (Designated Ike Varieties) Project co-lead and attributor
  • dcarrdcarr Posts: 8,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 26, 2021 7:32PM

@SPalladino said:
    The Centennial Morgan and the Centennial Peace 2oz 0.999 rounds are listed as "out of stock" when I checked today.

Mintage of the Centennial Morgan listed as 73, and of the Peace Centennial as 151.

Beautiful! I'm happy that I purchased the ones that I did (2x Peace Centennial and 1x Morgan Centennial).

There was a pause in availability while I caught up on production and shipping of various products.
    They are now available again but only for another month or so, and then that will be the end of those.

I am planning a similar piece with the theme being the centennial of the first (1921-D) Denver Mint silver dollars.

• SPalladinoSPalladino Posts: 865 ✭✭✭✭✭

@dcarr said:

@SPalladino said:

There was a pause in availability while I caught up on production and shipping of various products.
    They are now available again but only for another month or so, and then that will be the end of those.

My apology for the misleading information. And, thank you for the correction!
    I was regretting not picking up another of each.

@dcarr said:
    I am planning a similar piece with the theme being the centennial of the first (1921-D) Denver Mint silver dollars.

Count me in when it comes out!
    (and I'm in for a Semicentennial Ike ;) - should you choose to issue them)

Steve Palladino
    - Ike Group member
    - DIVa (Designated Ike Varieties) Project co-lead and attributor
  • ZoidMeisterZoidMeister Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭✭✭

@dcarr . . . . . .

Does anybody know if and when there will be a "2021 Moonlight Mint Open House" , how you get on the invite list, and if anyone is willing to get something overstruck for ole Zoid (figuring I won't be able to go anyway) . . . . . ?

I'll send the "sacrificial items" and pay postage back . . . . . . .

Z

Busy chasing Carr's . . . . . woof!

Successful BST transactions with: Bullsitter, Downtown1974, P0CKETCHANGE, Twobitcollector, AKbeez, DCW, Illini420, ProofCollection, DCarr, Cazkaboom, RichieURich, LukeMarshall, carew4me, BustDMs, coinsarefun, PreTurb, felinfoal, jwitten, GoldenEgg, pruebas, lazybones, COCollector, CuKevin, MWallace, USMC_6115, NamVet69, zippcity, . . . . who'd I forget?

@ZoidMeister said:
    @dcarr . . . . . .

Does anybody know if and when there will be a "2021 Moonlight Mint Open House" , how you get on the invite list, and if anyone is willing to get something overstruck for ole Zoid (figuring I won't be able to go anyway) . . . . . ?

I'll send the "sacrificial items" and pay postage back . . . . . . .

Z

Me 2, me 2!

Gluggo and Zoins had some nice pieces made.

Gluggo had a 1918 BS Peace Dollar that looked pretty cool.

That one is not my cup of tea, but like the other.....Shhhhhhhhhh! Thanks for the notify.

• ɹoʇɔǝlloɔɹoʇɔǝlloɔ Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭✭✭

@felinfoel said:
    New coins on Dan's site

http://www.dc-coin.com/

wow - those are incredibly cool - love the backstory

• KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

@felinfoel
    Thanks for the heads up. You are a champ.

• JazzmanJABJazzmanJAB Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭✭

New 1/10 & 1/4 oz. Gold Available NOW !!!!

• renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭

2021 Clark Gruber $500 in the bag.

• dcstuffdcstuff Posts: 41 ✭✭✭

kind of surprised not more comments about dans new Morgan I bought one ! i mean really most of you want to kiss up

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file