Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Dan Carrs latest

Comments

• Options
    ɹoʇɔǝlloɔɹoʇɔǝlloɔ Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭✭✭

yeah, I think I transposed in my mind someone else mentioning that theirs shipped that mine did too 😅 I don't think mine has left Daniel's yet - anxious to see what people are receiving tho - waiting on a 2021 hard times token 👀

• Options
    ZoidMeisterZoidMeister Posts: 3,045 ✭✭✭✭✭

Package received from Loveland, CO!

No pretty stamps however . . .

Z

Busy chasing Carr's . . . . . woof!

Successful BST transactions with: Bullsitter, Downtown1974, P0CKETCHANGE, Twobitcollector, AKbeez, DCW, Illini420, ProofCollection, DCarr, Cazkaboom, RichieURich, LukeMarshall, carew4me, BustDMs, coinsarefun, PreTurb, felinfoal, jwitten, GoldenEgg, pruebas, lazybones, COCollector, CuKevin, MWallace, USMC_6115, NamVet69, zippcity, . . . . who'd I forget?

• Options

Successful BST transactions with: Bullsitter, Downtown1974, P0CKETCHANGE, Twobitcollector, AKbeez, DCW, Illini420, ProofCollection, DCarr, Cazkaboom, RichieURich, LukeMarshall, carew4me, BustDMs, coinsarefun, PreTurb, felinfoal, jwitten, GoldenEgg, pruebas, lazybones, COCollector, CuKevin, MWallace, USMC_6115, NamVet69, zippcity, . . . . who'd I forget?

• Options

@COCollector said:

@ZoidMeister said:

>

I wanna be @COCollector when I grow up . . . . . . . . .

(as if . . . . . )

Z

• Options
    jshaulisjshaulis Posts: 801 ✭✭✭✭

USPS strikes again - got home from work, nothing in the mailbox. I checked the tracking status, it says it will be delivered by 8PM tonight, however its in Chicago (which is not a good thing since its hours away).

TLDR: I won't be getting it today :(

Successful transactions with forum members commoncents05, dmarks, Coinscratch, Bullsitter, DCW, TwoSides2aCoin, Namvet69 (facilitated for 3rd party), Tetromibi, ProfLizMay, MASSU2, MWallace, Bruce7789, Twobitcollector, 78saen, U1chicago

• Options
    KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jshaulis said:
    USPS strikes again - got home from work, nothing in the mailbox. I checked the tracking status, it says it will be delivered by 8PM tonight, however its in Chicago (which is not a good thing since its hours away).

Where do you see this tracking status? I never see any package from Dan on Informed Delivery.

• Options

@Kudbegud said:

@jshaulis said:

Where do you see this tracking status? I never see any package from Dan on Informed Delivery.

If you get the emails, click on the go to your dashboard at the bottom of the email. From there you login, switch from mailpieces to packages. Then you can click on the individual packages. Once on that page it shows the scan history.

Successful transactions with forum members commoncents05, dmarks, Coinscratch, Bullsitter, DCW, TwoSides2aCoin, Namvet69 (facilitated for 3rd party), Tetromibi, ProfLizMay, MASSU2, MWallace, Bruce7789, Twobitcollector, 78saen, U1chicago

• Options

@COCollector said:

@ZoidMeister said:
    ...Here is the 2021 Covid piece. I'm liking the eagle on the reverse. It is reminiscent of some of Dan's early designs . . . . .

...Z

Love that eagle! Yes, it appears in some of Dan's earlier Trade Unit Concepts, like this...

...which was part of a 9-coin set I was lucky enough to buy from Dan.

http://www.moonlightmint.com/dc-coin_alt_currency_list.htm

Okay, you convinced me . . . . . . . .

• Options
    darth_morgandarth_morgan Posts: 192 ✭✭✭✭

@jshaulis said:

Same thing happened to me today, but I figured as much. Informed delivery has only been half right for quite a while now. If it says “out for delivery” there’s basically a 50/50 chance of getting it.

My Eisenhower Dollar Complete Variety Set, Circulation Strikes and Proof (PCGS Registry):
    https://www.PCGS.com/SetRegistry/dollars/eisenhower-dollars-specialty-sets/eisenhower-dollars-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-proof-1971-1978/publishedset/119137

Darth Morgan - "The Other Ike Dollars" Showcase: https://www.PCGS.com/setregistry/showcase/3354

The Eisenhower Dollar Meeting Room: https://www.facebook.com/groups/933585237044733

• Options

I go to the bottom of an Informed Delivery email and click on Visit USPS Tracking which takes me to that page and I sign in as usual. I see tabs for Mail Pieces and Packages I see nothing from Dan or Loveland, CO. in either tab.

Mail Pieces seems to be only what is delivered for today which I have none. There is a photo of the envelope for previous days letters but that's all. I'll check tomorrow to see if any routing details are shown and if Dan's is there. Maybe nothing showing in Mail Pieces indicates no letter type mail is out for delivery today. Dan usually sends orders in a larger stiffer type envelope so maybe it's considered as a Mail Piece.

Packages shows more info for each item which you can click on the > to expand the details to show tracking progress. I go there almost every day to track the progress of expected packages.

Thanks for your help.

• Options

I'm not posting ANYTHING pre-arrival any longer.

It just seems to be bad juju and jinxes the delivery.

Z

• Options

@darth_morgan said:

@jshaulis said:

Same thing happened to me today, but I figured as much. Informed delivery has only been half right for quite a while now. If it says “out for delivery” there’s basically a 50/50 chance of getting it.

Could be worse. It could show as "DELIVERED" and not be in the box.

Happened to me twice in the past two weeks.

Z

• Options
    spirityoda1spirityoda1 Posts: 272 ✭✭✭✭

@JohnnyCache Tell us more about the** Indian chief coin or medal ?** That is very cool looking.

Coin Junky...

• Options
    coinsarefuncoinsarefun Posts: 21,683 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options

@jshaulis said:

And now its in Detroit and changed to delivery date unknown. I won't be getting today either.

• Options

@jshaulis said:

@jshaulis said:

And now its in Detroit and changed to delivery date unknown. I won't be getting today either.

We need a "REGRETS" button . . . .

Z

• Options
    ZoinsZoins Posts: 34,110 ✭✭✭✭✭

@SPalladino said:
    My Moonlight Mint / @dcarr wish list - two new issues to go along with these.
    1) 1971-2021 50th anniversary commemorative silver
    2) a clad 1979

(with apologies for the photo quality)

3) 1977 seven-sided Ike
    4) 1979 small dollar clad Ike
    5) 2000 small dollar golden Ike

:)

• Options
    SPalladinoSPalladino Posts: 851 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Zoins said:
    3) 1977 seven-sided Ike
    4) 1979 small dollar clad Ike
    5) 2000 small dollar golden Ike

:)

I like your thinking!

Steve Palladino
    - Ike Group member
    - DIVa (Designated Ike Varieties) Project co-lead and attributor
  • Options

My order arrived today. There is a tracking number on the shipping label but not shown on Informed Delivery in either Mailpieces or Packages
    The coins are excelent as usual. Thanks Dan.

• Options
    AkbeezAkbeez Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭✭✭

Tracking numbers would be a nice thing to provide in orders. Just add an email address when purchased, shouldn't be too much extra. Mine is on way, but no idea when - we don't get Informed Delivery in the AlaskaLand - at least my address in an igloo.

Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS
  • Options

@Akbeez said:
    Tracking numbers would be a nice thing to provide in orders. Just add an email address when purchased, shouldn't be too much extra. Mine is on way, but no idea when - we don't get Informed Delivery in the AlaskaLand - at least my address in an igloo.

One way to provide a tracking number to an order with the least cost to Dan, I think, would be to add it to the Order Detail page. I really don't know what it would take to do this. A customer could check for it if they wanted to. Maybe hard maybe easy. I'd like to see it with the least head ache to Dan.

• Options
    AkbeezAkbeez Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭✭✭

Anyone notice the 1918 Broken Sword Double Struck "Error" on ebay sold for $2k? Jan 30.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1918-Dan-Carr-Moonlight-Mint-Broken-Sword-Peace-Dollar-Error-/254840703434?hash=item3b55b089ca:g:B2MAAOSwz9xgCbit&LH_BIN=1&nma=true&si=nfnHL5l35Ns4XpA6FN%2BxwBa7Qbg%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

"FOR SALE: DAN CARR 1918 BROKEN SWORD PEACE DOLLAR ERROR. THIS IS A GENUINE ERROR AND WAS NOT MADE TO ORDER. BUYER WILL GET CORRESPONDENCE BETWEEN ME AND DAN CARR ABOUT THIS ITEM."

Of course, we know that is not a true statement. I'd like to see that correspondence with Mr. Daniel...

Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS
  • Options

@jshaulis that's awesome!!

• Options
    ZoinsZoins Posts: 34,110 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Akbeez said:
    Anyone notice the 1918 Broken Sword Double Struck "Error" on ebay sold for $2k? Jan 30.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1918-Dan-Carr-Moonlight-Mint-Broken-Sword-Peace-Dollar-Error-/254840703434?hash=item3b55b089ca:g:B2MAAOSwz9xgCbit&LH_BIN=1&nma=true&si=nfnHL5l35Ns4XpA6FN%2BxwBa7Qbg%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

"FOR SALE: DAN CARR 1918 BROKEN SWORD PEACE DOLLAR ERROR. THIS IS A GENUINE ERROR AND WAS NOT MADE TO ORDER. BUYER WILL GET CORRESPONDENCE BETWEEN ME AND DAN CARR ABOUT THIS ITEM."

Of course, we know that is not a true statement. I'd like to see that correspondence with Mr. Daniel...

I didn't see it but wow! It was purchased for the full $2000 too!

• Options
    COCollectorCOCollector Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 30, 2021 2:52PM

Whoo-hoo!

Regardless of monetary value, for my Carr pieces I think Dan's signature is a VERY nice bonus.

Successful BST transactions with forum members thebigeng, SPalladino, Zoidmeister, coin22lover, coinsarefun, jwitten, CommemKing.

• Options
    edited March 31, 2021 9:54AM

I just got my ANACS grade for my MXMXXI counter-stamped, blue antiqued Peace Dollar O/S.
    MS65

Curiously, in an earlier submission, I submitted two MXMXXI counter-stamped, gold antiqued Peace Dollar O/S, and received ANACS grades of AU55 on both.

I'm happy with the MS65, but now scratching my head a bit on the two AU55s. Maybe because they were submitted so early after DC released them. Certainly not the difference in the antiquing? Not a big deal to me - they are all great pieces, IMO.

Steve Palladino
    - Ike Group member
  • Options

@SPalladino said:
    I just got my ANACS grade for my MXMXXI counter-stamped, blue antiqued Peace Dollar O/S.
    MS65

Curiously, in an earlier submission, I submitted two MXMXXI counter-stamped, gold antiqued Peace Dollar O/S, and received ANACS grades of AU55 on both.

I'm happy with the MS65, but now scratching my head a bit on the two AU55s. Maybe because they were submitted so early after DC released them. Certainly not the difference in the antiquing? Not a big deal to me - they are all great pieces, IMO.

I checked the ANACS pop report for DC 1921 tokens:
    AU55 - 3, MS 63 - 1, MS65- 1, and MS70 - 4.

I am assuming that the 70s are from the 100 non-antiqued/non-counter-stamped issues, and the others are from the antiqued/counter-stamped issues. I know that 2 of the 55s, the 65, and one of the 70s are coins that I own.

Steve Palladino
    - Ike Group member
  • Options

qq @SPalladino - can you send the 55s to CAC, or does CAC not CAC these?

• Options
    Bruce7789Bruce7789 Posts: 397 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 31, 2021 11:19AM

@dcarr said:
    This is because at one of the club meetings, in the auction, there were two 5-coin sets of ordinary 2001 state quarters (which I designed two of - NY and RI). One set had my signature on it. The set without signature sold for $1.25 (face value). The same type of set, with signature, sold for $2.50 .

Well from here on out, will add $1.25 to all my orders. :* Actually, most of the coins I had to buy on-line from 3rd parties, since they weren't available at the Mint, were already signed. Seems like the only ones not signed are the ones I get from the Moonlight mint directly, and the one I wish was signed is the 100 Gram Winged Liberty. Beautiful, Beautiful coin.

I've got 3 AU 50's - nickels, a MS 69 1964-D Morgan, A blue over stamped Peace Dollar in MS69, (I think, I can't find it right now) a MS 67 Atocha antiqued, and several that haven't been graded like the 1911-S buffalo and a 1917 Peace dollar and of course, the 100 gram Winged Liberty..

One of my favorite authors, David Weber, charges a service fee for signing his books so maybe?

Bruce

• Options

@ɹoʇɔǝlloɔ said:

IIRC, CAC does not accept from any TPG other than PCGS and NGC. That said, I just checked their site and could not find where this TPG constraint was specifically stated. The specify which coins they accept, but not TPG (that I could find).

Steve Palladino
    - Ike Group member
  • Options
    COCollectorCOCollector Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ɹoʇɔǝlloɔ said:

CAC only accepts certain coins: https://caccoin.com/#coins-accepted

And according to Wikipedia, only NGC- or PCGS-graded coins are accepted by CAC. That's not surprising because "CAC's founder, John Albanese, is a co-founder of PCGS, started in 1986, and founder of NGC, which began in 1987."
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Certified_Acceptance_Corporation

But I also could not find the NGC/PCGS limitation mentioned on the CAC website.

Successful BST transactions with forum members thebigeng, SPalladino, Zoidmeister, coin22lover, coinsarefun, jwitten, CommemKing.

• Options
    BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,385 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 31, 2021 3:00PM

@coinsarefun said:

These are really pretty now I wish I would have ordered one or two

Thank you and Dan still has them available if you want some.... :)

• Options
    coinsarefuncoinsarefun Posts: 21,683 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Bullsitter said:

@coinsarefun said:

Thank you and Dan still has them available if you some.... :)

Thanks, I wrote him to see if I can get the type of antiqued look you have.......not being picky but......I guess I am ;)

• Options

@coinsarefun said:

Thanks, I wrote him to see if I can get the type of antiqued look you have.......not being picky but......I guess I am ;)

Here you go! dc-coin.com/1grabenercoinpressmedallionsaleprice-1-6-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1.aspx

Steve Palladino
    - Ike Group member
  • Options

@coinsarefun said:

@Bullsitter said:

@coinsarefun said:

Thank you and Dan still has them available if you some.... :)

See if he'll do two . . . . .

I would be in for a blue . . . . .

Z

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file