Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Dan Carrs latest

Comments

• Options
    ZoinsZoins Posts: 34,110 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 15, 2021 10:10PM

This is an impressive offer price for one of my favorite Dan Carr pieces, the 2010 Jefferson Hard Times Overstruck Nickel.

I bought a couple of these when they came out.

Excited to see what it sells for!

Dan's photos are the bottom two:

• Options
    coinsarefuncoinsarefun Posts: 21,675 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Zoins said:
    This is an impressive offer price for one of my favorite Dan Carr pieces, the 2010 Jefferson Hard Times Overstruck Nickel.

I bought a couple of these when they came out.

Excited to see what it sells for!

Yes, me too. But I have a feeling it will sit there for quite some time

• Options
    BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Zoins said:
    I have a few of these, but this is the first toned one I've seen.

Great piece @Bullsitter!

Thanks, it sat on some yellow post-it notes on my desk and got buried for a few weeks. Toning looked ok so I left it on the post-it notes a few more weeks. It's been in a mylar flip for apx 2 years.

• Options
    darth_morgandarth_morgan Posts: 191 ✭✭✭✭

Thanks again, @Bullsitter! :)

My Eisenhower Dollar Complete Variety Set, Circulation Strikes and Proof (PCGS Registry):
    https://www.PCGS.com/SetRegistry/dollars/eisenhower-dollars-specialty-sets/eisenhower-dollars-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-proof-1971-1978/publishedset/119137

Darth Morgan - "The Other Ike Dollars" Showcase: https://www.PCGS.com/setregistry/showcase/3354

The Eisenhower Dollar Meeting Room: https://www.facebook.com/groups/933585237044733

• Options
    KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

My 2/27 order shipped !! :D

• Options
    ZoidMeisterZoidMeister Posts: 3,022 ✭✭✭✭✭

Got a 12:18am shipping notice.

Z

Busy chasing Carr's . . . . . woof!

Successful BST transactions with: Bullsitter, Downtown1974, P0CKETCHANGE, Twobitcollector, AKbeez, DCW, Illini420, ProofCollection, DCarr, Cazkaboom, RichieURich, LukeMarshall, carew4me, BustDMs, coinsarefun, PreTurb, felinfoal, jwitten, GoldenEgg, pruebas, lazybones, COCollector, CuKevin, MWallace, USMC_6115, NamVet69, zippcity, . . . . who'd I forget?

• Options
    jshaulisjshaulis Posts: 801 ✭✭✭✭

@Kudbegud said:
    My 2/27 order shipped !! :D

@ZoidMeister said:
    Got a 12:18am shipping notice.

Z

I got a 12:18 shipping notice on my 2/27 order as well!

Successful transactions with forum members commoncents05, dmarks, Coinscratch, Bullsitter, DCW, TwoSides2aCoin, Namvet69 (facilitated for 3rd party), Tetromibi, ProfLizMay, MASSU2, MWallace, Bruce7789, Twobitcollector, 78saen, U1chicago

• Options
    AkbeezAkbeez Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭✭✭

WooHoo -- love those Peso overstrikes!!

Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS
  • Options
    jwittenjwitten Posts: 5,077 ✭✭✭✭✭

Man, those are amazing! If any forum members have something similar to sell, shoot me a message, I'd love one!

• Options
    TwobitcollectorTwobitcollector Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭✭✭

NO also the seller doesn't offer any returns. I would only consider a low grade 1916-D mercury dime if were certified by one of the top 4 TPG.

Positive BST Transactions with:
    INYNWHWeTrust-TexasNationals,ajaan,blu62vette
    coinJP, Outhaul ,illini420,MICHAELDIXON, Fade to Black,epcjimi1,19Lyds,SNMAN,JerseyJoe, bigjpst, DMWJR , lordmarcovan, Weiss,Mfriday4962,UtahCoin,Downtown1974,pitboss,RichieURich,Bullsitter,JDsCoins,toyz4geo,jshaulis, mustanggt, SNMAN
  • Options
    edited March 21, 2021 2:50AM

@Tony_Lassitter That affiliate link doesn't work for me, but the following does:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/124643832199

• Options

@Bullsitter said:
    Got these from a forum member, cool o/s pieces..... B)

Those look really nice! Congrats!

• Options

First out of stock . . . . . .

Z

Successful BST transactions with: Bullsitter, Downtown1974, P0CKETCHANGE, Twobitcollector, AKbeez, DCW, Illini420, ProofCollection, DCarr, Cazkaboom, RichieURich, LukeMarshall, carew4me, BustDMs, coinsarefun, PreTurb, felinfoal, jwitten, GoldenEgg, pruebas, lazybones, COCollector, CuKevin, MWallace, USMC_6115, NamVet69, zippcity, . . . . who'd I forget?

• Options
    Will1960Will1960 Posts: 76 ✭✭✭
    edited March 23, 2021 7:24PM

@Bullsitter said:
    ANACS order came in last night, last photo is all the owls 2015-2021.

The Parliament.... :)

Too bad about the 2016 and 2018, you almost had a complete MS 70 set.
    Very nice.
    I also have a collection of every year, and one or two extras of the following years.
    The current release is the only one that I have purchased an antiqued version of, as well as the regular issue.
    I Love Them.
    Daniel does the most amazing work.
    I still need to take a complete inventory of all of my purchases.
    Some are Very Low mintage items, including silver bars.

• Options
    ɹoʇɔǝlloɔɹoʇɔǝlloɔ Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Will1960 said:

>

as a relatively new dcarr collector, hoping he makes more bars in the future - have really liked what others have shared as far as those go; past releases

• Options
    MrweaseluvMrweaseluv Posts: 215 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice :D sweet to be able to talk about D. Carr without getting my head taken off.
    So far I have 1 D. Carr piece but hope to get more in the future...
    Being a LC fanatic... I couldn't resist...

You may soar with the eagles, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines!.
    https://www.cointalk.com/media/albums/the-2020-20-large-cent-set.1855/

• Options

@ɹoʇɔǝlloɔ said:

@Will1960 said:

>

as a relatively new dcarr collector, hoping he makes more bars in the future - have really liked what others have shared as far as those go; past releases
    >

Leaks indicate you will be rewarded sometime soon...might wanna save up for a big release... B)

Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS
  • Options

@Mrweaseluv said:
    Nice :D sweet to be able to talk about D. Carr without getting my head taken off.

>

WOW - that is a very nice piece. I missed that one, thanks for posting. Who took your head off? AND ---
    WELCOME - please continue to post your Carr pieces! :)

• Options

@dcarr said:

That is an interesting piece, although it is not one that I produced. I do not know who made it. I only made one die pair for my over-strikes, and my version has a different size date and different positioning of the date and letters than the one shown above:

Thanks for the clarification Mr. Daniel -- I thought it may have been a special MM strike. Food for fodder...

• Options
    crazyhounddogcrazyhounddog Posts: 13,876 ✭✭✭✭✭

Dan Carr is a true modern day artist. I’ve said that before and it still holds true today. I’m always impressed with his work👌

The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
  • Options

@ZoidMeister said:
    It would be really cool if he did a few more holographic pieces.

Z - another new but obsessed Carr chaser

I agree Zoid - these holograms are pretty dang cool. Hard to come by!

• Options
    MrweaseluvMrweaseluv Posts: 215 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 23, 2021 11:03PM

Ahhh... How very embarising... Was told it was one of yours Mr Carr.. I appoligize for the mistaken ID... but now I can look forward to getting my hands on your version. Is beautiful!

You may soar with the eagles, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines!.
    https://www.cointalk.com/media/albums/the-2020-20-large-cent-set.1855/

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,710 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Bullsitter that is one good looking piece. I've got to check the stats on that one. Thanks. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall, coinsarefun

• Options
    COCollectorCOCollector Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Bullsitter said:

@Mrweaseluv said:

Here's the 1815 that Dan made, one of my favorites.

Mrweaseluv, compare the "5" in 1815 on your cent with the D. Carr cent. They are noticeably different.

And if you look closely with a magnifier, you might be able to see the underlying date on your cent.

Successful BST transactions with forum members thebigeng, SPalladino, Zoidmeister, coin22lover, coinsarefun, jwitten, CommemKing.

• Options

Has anybody had their 2/27 Moonlight Mint shipments come in, or am I the only one the Post Office has a vendetta against . . . . ?

• Options
    BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ZoidMeister said:
    Has anybody had their 2/27 Moonlight Mint shipments come in, or am I the only one the Post Office has a vendetta against . . . . ?

Mine is delivering tomorrow.

• Options

@Bullsitter said:

@ZoidMeister said:

Do you get a tracking number? If yes, how? I never get one.

• Options

@Kudbegud said:

@Bullsitter said:

@ZoidMeister said:

Tracking number? We don't get no stinking tracking numbers . . . . . . .

Just exotic stamps . . . . . .

Z

• Options
    jshaulisjshaulis Posts: 801 ✭✭✭✭

@Bullsitter said:

@ZoidMeister said:

I have a random package that is showing up as being delivered tomorrow (via usps tracking). I assume it is from moonlight since its from CO.

Successful transactions with forum members commoncents05, dmarks, Coinscratch, Bullsitter, DCW, TwoSides2aCoin, Namvet69 (facilitated for 3rd party), Tetromibi, ProfLizMay, MASSU2, MWallace, Bruce7789, Twobitcollector, 78saen, U1chicago

• Options
    TheReverendTheReverend Posts: 21 ✭✭✭

@Kudbegud said:

@Bullsitter said:

@ZoidMeister said:

https://informeddelivery.usps.com/box/pages/intro/start.action

• Options

@TheReverend said:

@Kudbegud said:

@Bullsitter said:

@ZoidMeister said:

https://informeddelivery.usps.com/box/pages/intro/start.action

Story of my life . . .

Z

• Options
    ɹoʇɔǝlloɔɹoʇɔǝlloɔ Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ZoidMeister said:

glad you brought this up - no - I dont even see it in my informed delivery 😬🥺

• Options

Z -- nothing here either. Would be nice to get tracking info, especially larger orders (hint hint). I can't get Informed Delivery either.

• Options
    GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,396 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ZoidMeister said:

My order arrived today,,,,,,,, from 2/27/21

GrandAm :)
  • Options
    edited March 26, 2021 12:19AM

jshaulis
    It could be but Dan doesn't provide USPS Tracking Numbers. Good Luck !

TheReverend:
    Thanks, I know. But as I said to jshaulis above: "Dan doesn't provide USPS Tracking Numbers"

ɹoʇɔǝlloɔ
    You won't see it there. "Dan doesn't provide USPS Tracking Numbers". I have not seen any package from Dan on Informed Delivery.

GRANDAM:
    A good sign that you got yours today. I'll keep my eye open for tomorrow or Saturday delivery.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file