Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Please post your Seated Liberty images.

Comments

• Options
    seduloussedulous Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭✭✭

@The_Dinosaur_Man wow, WoW, WOWWW! Very Pleasant!

A Barber Quartet is made up of Nickels, Dimes, Quarters, and Halves.

• Options
    DelawareDoonsDelawareDoons Posts: 3,388 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 6, 2021 8:52PM

@LanceNewmanOCC said:

@divecchia said:
    Some nice and some rare Seated Liberty coins.

Thanks for sharing them.

Donato

i really did try. i did. BUT, i just CAN"T leave this thread without posting the TV of your beauty!!

what a weird url for the image? direct link from the cert verify page.

They changed the URL's for the images on cert pages for some reason. They broke the TV of my rattler this way since the new way drops the leading zero, but the TV's of coins with a leading zero have that 0 in the url.

Professional Numismatist. "It's like God, Family, Country, except Sticker, Plastic, Coin."

• Options
    divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,572 ✭✭✭✭✭

@LanceNewmanOCC Thanks, I appreciate your kind words and posting the TV.

Donato

Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)
  • Options

@rec78 said:

tough date and mint combination. Congratulations!

• Options
    yosclimberyosclimber Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 13, 2021 7:10PM

FYI, 1849-O is a low mintage year with only one die pair but 3 major die states.
    Yours is the late die state V-2b, with reverse cracks at T1 and M,
    plus a vertical die line on the right edge of the 1 in the date.
    At first your coin might look like it doesn't make EF due to the flat leaf and star details,
    but a comparison with MS examples show they have flat leaves and stars, too!

• Options
    edited March 13, 2021 5:28PM

@Thrindal said:
    Working on a Seated Liberty collection, it is fairly modest in terms of condition and value. I also have a Trade Dollar on the way, I only need a Dollar for a basic type set.

A really nice job! a very representative type set!

• Options
    barberkeysbarberkeys Posts: 4,154 ✭✭✭✭✭

Zoid - Variety is the spice of life.

Vern
    l
    It's not having what you want, it's wanting what you've got.
  • Options
    WAYNEASWAYNEAS Posts: 6,434 ✭✭✭✭✭

All I can say is wow! Great coins.
    Wayne :)

Kennedys are my quest...

• Options
    ThrindalThrindal Posts: 36 ✭✭✭

@rhedden said:
    This piece (PCGS XF45) is on its way from GFRC. While it has some reverse hairlines, it's the best 1855-S 50c I have owned by a mile.

I think thats a great XF45, I think 45 has turned into my favorite grade. They usually have great detail but definitely some wear marks. I really don't know much about CAC other than I know GFRC really likes to push it. He makes good arguments for it but my budget usually can't take the premium it brings.

Great coin, congrats.

• Options
    rheddenrhedden Posts: 6,621 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Thrindal - your "quest for an 1853 mint set" would benefit from adding the No Arrows coins, assuming they fit into your budget in the grades you like. Acquiring the 1853 NA half dime, 1853-O NA half dime, 1853 NA dime, and 1853/3 NA quarter would make an impressive set. These coins are all scarce to rare, and as Seated collectors, chasing these rarities is a major part of our game. Now about that 1853-O NA half dollar....

• Options
    ThrindalThrindal Posts: 36 ✭✭✭
    edited March 21, 2021 6:55PM

@rhedden said:
    @Thrindal - your "quest for an 1853 mint set" would benefit from adding the No Arrows coins, assuming they fit into your budget in the grades you like. Acquiring the 1853 NA half dime, 1853-O NA half dime, 1853 NA dime, and 1853/3 NA quarter would make an impressive set. These coins are all scarce to rare, and as Seated collectors, chasing these rarities is a major part of our game. Now about that 1853-O NA half dollar....

OK, I just about spat out my drink on the 1853-O NA Half comment. Yeah, that ain't happening. I have actually seen a couple NA coins, primarily Dimes and Half Dimes that are not far off my budget so I think one or two may happen eventually. The Quarter is gonna be tough.

If I settle for details coins options open up but at this point I am not ready to come off my "No Details Grades" rule when looking. If I can find VF - XF coins to fill holes they will all be considered.

• Options
    WAYNEASWAYNEAS Posts: 6,434 ✭✭✭✭✭

@fastfreddie said:
    Speaking of GFRC...here's my latest ANACS58 OWH
    GFRC photo credit.

Beautiful. Wouldn't it look great on a coin dated 2030 or so. Would so like to see a re-birth of these old designs.

Kennedys are my quest...

• Options
    fastfreddiefastfreddie Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭✭✭

@WAYNEAS said:
    Beautiful. Wouldn't it look great on a coin dated 2030 or so. Would so like to see a re-birth of these old designs.

If they were done right! I'd bet the quality and attention to detail of Christian Gobrecht or Charles Barber is superior to what we have today IMO. Some modern designs...well let's just say I don' care for their look overall.

It is not that life is short, but that you are dead for so very long.
  • Options
    rheddenrhedden Posts: 6,621 ✭✭✭✭✭

That might be the least problematic circ. 1855-S that I've ever seen. Congrats on finding it. The best example of the date with CAC approval is a lone MS-61. How nice can it be with a 61 grade on it? It gets a sticker after CAC agrees that it's a solidly butt-ugly Unc. ? :D

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file