Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Dan Carrs latest

Comments

• Options
    AkbeezAkbeez Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭✭✭

Your antique octagon has a really nice look. High points shined a bit -- like it was pocket-carried. :)

My flock is still out there somewhere...

Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS
  • Options
    KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

Probably tomorrow !

• Options
    Will1960Will1960 Posts: 76 ✭✭✭

@Justacommeman said:
    These came today. The antique finish is fun

Nice.
    Your 'Owl' looks quite similar to mine.
    Perhaps they are from the same 'batch'.
    I ordered mine 24-JAN-2021, 9:56 PM, EST.
    Will be interesting to see photos as they continue to be released.
    However, the variable is how many are minted, how many are antiqued per 'batch'.
    I use that term for lack of a better one.
    Maybe I'll give it a 'quick dip' and see what happens?
    KIDDING!!!!

• Options
    robecrobec Posts: 6,670 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Bullsitter said:
    Quick shots on all but the MCMXII, got to take my time and get the lights right for it.
    Super happy with the quality on all the pieces.... B)

Wow, your 2021 counter stamp is the furtherest left of any I've seen yet. Mine was centered between the I of IN and G of GOD. Most I've seen are between the two of our two.

• Options
    ɹoʇɔǝlloɔɹoʇɔǝlloɔ Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭✭✭

wow, @ZoidMeister 13 stamps! 😂😂 that's incredible

• Options
    ZoidMeisterZoidMeister Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭✭✭

@robec said:
    Dan, was good to me as well.

I see your shipment spent a LOT of time in Wisconsin . . . . . . .

Must be the beer . . . . .

Z

Busy chasing Carr's . . . . . woof!

Successful BST transactions with: Bullsitter, Downtown1974, P0CKETCHANGE, Twobitcollector, AKbeez, DCW, Illini420, ProofCollection, DCarr, Cazkaboom, RichieURich, LukeMarshall, carew4me, BustDMs, coinsarefun, PreTurb, felinfoal, jwitten, GoldenEgg, pruebas, lazybones, COCollector, CuKevin, MWallace, USMC_6115, NamVet69, zippcity, . . . . who'd I forget?

• Options
    edited February 11, 2021 6:27PM

Delivered !

By my favorite uniformed employee of a quasi Government Agency right to my door.

Came in the small USPS Flat Rate Box so no cavalcade of stamps. But the contents are specular ! That $100 Union is massive. They are all perfect.
    Thank You Dan !

• Options

@Kudbegud said:
    But the contents are specular ! That $100 Union is massive. They are all perfect.
    Thank You Dan !

pictures? 👉👈🥺

• Options

@robec said:
    Dan, was good to me as well.

niiiiice 😎🔥

• Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 12,027 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 12, 2021 9:39AM

I have not noticed the postmark before, Valentine Station 80537. Dan also put the NOT VALID "stamp" on the above mailer.

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options
    ZoinsZoins Posts: 34,110 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Bullsitter said:
    Here's the rare Double-Stamped Mailer... B)

You should turn that into a cardboard holder for a double struck coin.

Cut out a circle to left and insert a double struck coin :)

• Options

@ZoidMeister said:
    Okay guys, just HOW COOL is this . . . . . ?

Z

With one of my favorite hobo nickels in the business end . . . . .

incredible - have wondered for some time now, after seeing this type of thing posted before, what IS that long bar thing in the middle?

• Options

🤯 ... wow!

thanks for the info, Daniel

• Options

@robec said:

Love the medal and love the pics!

• Options

@dcarr said:

@Zoins said:
    Would you buy a 2021 version of this? I would buy these annually until we are clear from the virus.

It could say The World Shut Down... Again... And Again

Here is the one that I am going to do:

Nice, I see the figures have gone up from $5 to $8 trillion and $25 to $28 trillion. What's a few trillion here and there?

• Options
    coinsarefuncoinsarefun Posts: 21,682 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Bullsitter said:
    Mine has a nice satin finish.

>

Interesting, I wonder what the mix is? Maybe people can chime in and let us know what they have.

• Options

My 21 HG is just like Chief's. There are some degrees of satin depending on die wear that I've seen across the broken sword medals. But none were PL in my opinion -- based on reflectivity/mirroring.

Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS
  • Options

@Bullsitter said:
    Mine has a nice satin finish.

Mine too.

• Options
    ZoidMeisterZoidMeister Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭✭✭

Dang, just dang ^^^

Busy chasing Carr's . . . . . woof!

Successful BST transactions with: Bullsitter, Downtown1974, P0CKETCHANGE, Twobitcollector, AKbeez, DCW, Illini420, ProofCollection, DCarr, Cazkaboom, RichieURich, LukeMarshall, carew4me, BustDMs, coinsarefun, PreTurb, felinfoal, jwitten, GoldenEgg, pruebas, lazybones, COCollector, CuKevin, MWallace, USMC_6115, NamVet69, zippcity, . . . . who'd I forget?

• Options
    edited February 19, 2021 8:41PM

@Akbeez said:
    My 21 HG is just like Chief's. There are some degrees of satin depending on die wear that I've seen across the broken sword medals. But none were PL in my opinion -- based on reflectivity/mirroring.

Edit to add.........looks like @Justacommeman has one similar to mine where others are satin.
    I tried one last time to capture it. Maybe it’s not pl but definitely not satin.

• Options

@dcarr said:
    All 100 of the MCMXXI Peace over-strikes (brilliant finish on 1921 Peace Dollars and without "2021" counter-stamp) were done with the same die pair. The first strikes (right after the dies were bead-blasted) are more matte-like. As more over-strikes are made the dies become more shiny. The dies were bead-blasted at the beginning and one other time about half way through the production.

Thank you very much for the explanation. Makes sense to me now.

• Options

@coinsarefun said:

@Akbeez said:

Edit to add.........looks like @Justacommeman has one similar to mine where others are satin.
    I tried one last time to capture it. Maybe it’s not pl but definitely not satin.

AND there you have it from Mr. Dan -- Your pics (very nice!) seem to show grainy surfaces vs reflective. Sometimes that happens and I'm not sure why. And matte vs satin is sometimes tough to ascertain. I think of a matte as a heavy satin, coarser grain. ???

• Options
    heavymetalheavymetal Posts: 573 ✭✭✭✭

“Discovering Daniel Carr: The next generation.”

https://share.icloud.com/photos/0QUVWEA7nI-ZbXPs3J10OSRXA

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file