Home Precious Metals
Options

The coming election and metals. Thoughts?

What is going to happen? I'd love to see your opinions.

Comments

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,200 ✭✭✭✭✭

years ago I started the same thread and it was poofed.

I suggest everyone forget this thread exists.

(Although I think the subject can be apolitical.)

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    bennybravobennybravo Posts: 1,866 ✭✭✭

Do prices skyrocket? Sorry you got poofed. It's an interesting idea though. We all know there's a certain amount of control that keeps the prices at bay obviously.

• Options

I'm also apolitical. Assuming that the powers that be can be overwhelmed regarding pricing, will it happen? That's the point of my thread.

• Options
    edited October 12, 2020 12:45PM

Good info. Thanks MsMorrisine. Completely apolitical thread.

• Options

Keep in mind that this is a small forum. Please speak freely. I'm surprised that there are not more opinions.

• Options
    edited October 12, 2020 1:08PM
  • Options
    edited October 12, 2020 1:19PM

That about sums it up i guess. I was really hopeful there was some enthusiasm either way, but here we are. I guess that's why the prices are so easily controlled and kept low. People just have no interest.

• Options

chirp, chirp, chirp.........

• Options

Please! Tell me that metal prices aren't controlled. I'm looking for a debate and there's nothing here! Anyone.......

• Options

Sorry, keep stacking friends. This thread will disappear soon. Not meant for you to see.

• Options
    edited October 12, 2020 2:08PM
  • Options
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,193 ✭✭✭✭✭

more money (stimulus, bailouts, QE, MMT i.e.) will boost precious metals. It's a matter of tightening or loosening the money spigots. Impact on metals will also depend on how peaceful the public reacts regardless of the outcome.

Your topic involves politics, a violation of forum rules once the opinions are released.

Keep an open mind, or get financially repressed -Zoltan Pozsar

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,200 ✭✭✭✭✭

I warn against posting but....

it's been really slow around here for at least 1 week if not 2.(check the very few new replies to existing threads) perhaps someone will take interest in a few days.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,443 ✭✭✭✭✭

Doesn't really matter, they all love to create debt, some more than others.....Over $7T within the last 4 years. I expect eventual higher prices either way. Rgds!

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,310 ✭✭✭✭✭

Chum in the forum waters.

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 12, 2020 5:22PM

As soon as anyone posts a comment that isn’t totally related to pure economics of the market discussion and chimes in on anything else with a shred of politics this will poof.

That said, the bar chatter I hear is folks are expecting a big market crash no matter what happens. I’d expect the fed to keep things status quo no matter what....so, up/down/in/out you do the hokey pokey and that’s what it’s all about.

Metals up a bit is my wag

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I see metals rising in 2021.... the economy may do well, but the dollar is weak at this time and likely remain so.... Do not place any wagers on my opinion.... I think I have been right only once.... :D Cheers, RickO

• Options
    edited October 14, 2020 1:51PM

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@derryb.... Thanks for the link, interesting analysis. Cheers, RickO

• Options

Thank you for the replies! Glad there was no poof here. I highly regard the info and opinions from you folks as people who actually own real metals.

• Options
    s4nys4ny Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭

Likely blue wave leads to slowly rising inflation. Gold, silver (and copper).
    Plus the one "can't lose" investment: US 5c coins. You have 5c and/or metal value.

• Options
    meluaufeetmeluaufeet Posts: 749 ✭✭✭

We're gonna be facing some easy comp's in the 2nd qtr '21. Why would that be good for gold?

• Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,014 ✭✭✭✭✭

It probably will go up in price right after I sell mine. :)

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options

• Options

My theory and I have no horse in the race. The bad guy loses and contests, or the good guy wins and it's contested. Metals go way up and the powers that be can't control it for a change because there's an onslaught of people buying metals. Please give your opinion.

• Options

Plug in whichever candidate in my theory. I think metals go up regardless.

• Options
    morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 29, 2020 5:39PM

If Trump gets elected and the virus is nearly eliminated, confidence in the market will return and pm's will significantly fall from there lofty levels. Sleepy Joe gets in and the 100 trillion dollar plan is implemented along with mandary masks, and gun buy backs, pm's, ammo and weapons will become a medium of exchange. Go out and try to find small pistol ammo, primers and heads. I called Midway the other day and asked what they had for 9mm ammo salesman laughed, we have no 9mm ammo. The Republic is preparing for something are you?

https://www.midwayusa.com/9mm-luger/br?cid=21659&targetLocation=/_/N-21659?No=0&Np=2&Nr=AND%28p_visible%3A1%2Ccustomertypeid%3A1%29&Nrpp=24&Ns=p_metric_sales_velocity%7C1&Ntpc=1&Ntpr=1

World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO
  • Options
    jclovescoinsjclovescoins Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭

Silver is plunging today. Just can't see why this can't gold gains. USD has to be going down and stimulus is going...silver should be 30+ easy right now

• Options
    bidaskbidask Posts: 13,860 ✭✭✭✭✭

Risk off today

Everything

Cash is king

I manage money. I earn money. I save money .
    I give away money. I collect money.
    I don’t love money . I do love the Lord God.

• Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cash > @bidask said:

Risk off today

Everything

Cash is king

Cash has always been in King in this Country and will continue to be.

"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    TPGSTPGS Posts: 207 ✭✭✭

@OPA said:
    Cash > @bidask said:

Risk off today

Everything

Cash is king

After the upcoming stimulus, cash could be Queen or maybe Just a jack.

• Options
    hchcoinhchcoin Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭✭✭

@morgansforever said:
    If Trump gets elected and the virus is nearly eliminated, confidence in the market will return and pm's will significantly fall from there lofty levels. Sleepy Joe gets in and the 100 trillion dollar plan is implemented along with mandary masks, and gun buy backs, pm's, ammo and weapons will become a medium of exchange. Go out and try to find small pistol ammo, primers and heads. I called Midway the other day and asked what they had for 9mm ammo salesman laughed, we have no 9mm ammo. The Republic is preparing for something are you?

https://www.midwayusa.com/9mm-luger/br?cid=21659&targetLocation=/_/N-21659?No=0&Np=2&Nr=AND%28p_visible%3A1%2Ccustomertypeid%3A1%29&Nrpp=24&Ns=p_metric_sales_velocity%7C1&Ntpc=1&Ntpr=1

There is definitely a primer shortage. Only place I can find anything is at small town out of the way gun shops in person. Picked up a bag of 7.5 shot and 90 large pistol magnum primers last week. The store owner had an opened sleeve and asked if I wanted them. Glad I bought most of what I needed a few years ago. I live in a very rural backwoods area and am lucky our gun shops still have limited inventory of mostly off brand ammo and a little bit of reloading supplies. My extended family that lives in the city can't find anything. My son went duck and goose hunting in North Dakota last week and was complaining the local gun shop only had off brand steel shot and I told him to stop complaining. He is lucky they had anything on the shelf :smile:

As far as the OP's question, I can't believe metal prices haven't skyrocketed even more with all that is going on.

• Options
    edited October 30, 2020 8:10PM

"As far as the OP's question, I can't believe metal prices haven't skyrocketed even more with all that is going on."

Did you mean plummet? Silver has dropped over $5.00 in the last 3 month and apparently has not found a bottom.

• Options
    LongarmLongarm Posts: 89 ✭✭

• Options

Poofing time. ;)

• Options

@OPA said:
    "As far as the OP's question, I can't believe metal prices haven't skyrocketed even more with all that is going on."

Did you mean plummet? Silver has dropped over $5.00 in the last 3 month and apparently has not found a bottom.

I totally agree. That is the point I was trying to make. I can't believe that silver went up as little as it did and then started to drop.

• Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,014 ✭✭✭✭✭

@OPA said:
    Cash > @bidask said:

Risk off today

Everything

Cash is king

It must be. It's being printed like it is King.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    metalmeistermetalmeister Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭✭✭

If I do the opposite maybe I will be right. ;)

email: ccacollectibles@yahoo.com

100% Positive BST transactions
  • Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

@hchcoin said:

@OPA said:

I totally agree. That is the point I was trying to make. I can't believe that silver went up as little as it did and then started to drop.

as little as it did? it doubled ! then it pulled back were you looking for a dot.com move? cuz that crap went to zero :D

• Options

I was looking for $50 silver ;)

• Options
    tommy44tommy44 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭✭✭

@hchcoin said:

I think you'll see it if and when the next stimulus gets passed.

it's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

• Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,835 ✭✭✭✭✭

I told people to buy it before the Hunt brothers In the 70's. I told people they could have gotten 70 ounces of silver with their $1200 stimulus check, a few months ago , and They'd have $1800 worth today.
    Despite politics or religion, the blind won't see and the deaf won't hear.

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

Silver never seems to respond to people's expectations, so the best approach is simply to accumulate and not to worry too much. Sometimes you will feel like a genius, other times you will have to ignore it as a sunk cost - but one thing about physical silver - it's always nice and real.

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options

A quick shout out and thanks to pcgs. No POOF!!!!

• Options

@bennybravo said:
    A quick shout out and thanks to pcgs. No POOF!!!!

They just gave me my first warning, oops.

• Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,310 ✭✭✭✭✭

And yet you didn’t delete the post.

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options

Will this get me another one?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYWY4U0wbe4