Home Precious Metals
Options

The coming election and metals. Thoughts?

2»

Comments

• Options
    bennybravobennybravo Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭
    edited November 4, 2020 12:03PM

It seems we're in a holding pattern, slightly down. Exciting times! Watching like everyone else.

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cash has always been in King in this Country and will continue to be.

It must be. It's being printed like it is King.

It's not being printed. It's being keyboarded and handed to banks of dubious integrity, with zero accountability. What could possibly go wrong?

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,822 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 5, 2020 6:02AM

It's like Musky fishing.

• Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,858 ✭✭✭✭✭

What did I say ?

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,216 ✭✭✭✭✭

No outcome is certain until states certify their results. Most have not even finished counting. Everything up to this point is a "projection" based on percentage counted and how big of a lead.

Regardless of outcome, US dollar will remain abused, PMs will continue to respond.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

@derryb said:
    No outcome is certain until states certify their results. Most have not even finished counting. Everything up to this point is a "projection" based on percentage counted and how big of a lead.

Regardless of outcome, US dollar will remain abused, PMs will continue to respond.

Responding strong as I type.

"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

@derryb said:

Its amusing that electoral votes are awarded now by tv talking heads . I mean they are doing their best to steer the election to the preferred candidate based on 3% of the returns in but I don't think its going to work

• Options

@OPA said:

@derryb said:

Responding strong as I type.

I was speaking of long term, but short term works as well!

• Options

@bronco2078 said:

@derryb said:

Its amusing that electoral votes are awarded now by tv talking heads . I mean they are doing their best to steer the election to the preferred candidate based on 3% of the returns in but I don't think its going to work

The press used to be concerned about two things:

First, being correct. Second, being first.

Things changed. Being first is all that now matters.

• Options

The press has an enter button and an exit hole.

• Options
    metalmeistermetalmeister Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cash maybe King but Bitcoin is up $1000 today. Thinking back a decade ago. My brother saying "You heard of this thing Bitcoin? No , never heard of it. It's trading at $10 a coin. hmmm Not interested.

email: ccacollectibles@yahoo.com

100% Positive BST transactions
  • Options

Silver is up a buck twenty six. Gold 45 bucks, and still we wait n watch.

• Options

I'm wading and swimming. Not waiting and watching.

• Options
    AzurescensAzurescens Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 7, 2020 7:03PM

Would you look at that. Gold and silver prices have been climbing steadily the last few weeks, regardless of spot. Almost like how I said it would months ago. Huh.

Bitcoin is up $5,000 and usually gold shoots up a week or two after BTC does. Things are gonna get interesting.

A whole bunch of stuff disappeared off my watch list on Ebay. Sold some coins and don't really have anything left to buy now. All my overpriced coins sold, even stuff just meant to be placeholders in some categories.

I've spent the last year here wasting my breath trying to help explain the virus, or masks, or sanitizer; wasted time warning about stuff in other countries. Wasted my time warning everyone of disinformation campaigns. Got gaslit by the Boomers and shills.

That being said, gold is going up right now and it's not the election. Look to Oregon, Denmark, Utah, ND and be wary of mink farms. If you were lucky enough to survive this last covid variant, don't assume you have immunity to the new one. The UK is locking down, Italy, Spain, Europe in general. Denmark isn't gassing 15 million mink (>1% GDP) on a hunch.

I'm sure you're tired of me being right over and over again. Like on almost everything from this past year. So I suggest keeping your eyes open, staying alert, and hold all your gold and silver. You will either thank me or wish you listened. The biggest lie ever sold is the US gold/silver market not having an effect on spot, or being some drop in a bucket situation, or any other number of defeatist propaganda from the disinformation campaigns launched by the banks.

But what do I know right.

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,225 ✭✭✭✭✭

I must be a shill. when do I get good with the bad guys?

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

I'm sure you're tired of me being right over and over again. Like on almost everything from this past year. So I suggest keeping your eyes open, staying alert, and hold all your gold and silver.

Lol, don't ever assume that nobody agrees with you. In many cases it's advisable to "lay it between the lines" rather than getting into a never-ending, time-wasting verbal wrestling match. Unless it's with cohodk, because that's always a bit of a challenge, and everyone loves a good challenge. B)

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks like gold went up $7, not much of a change. The market already priced in the election and knew the results apparently before the rest of us. Lifes good! LG baby!!

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• Options

Choose your poison.

• Options

Impressive drops in gold & silver today. The pandemic must be over. Yep, sounds good.

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    edited November 9, 2020 6:39AM

Pfizer just threw everything out the window. New game in town. Not good for PMs. Buying opportunity dead ahead.

• Options

Is a good mining stock or a good mining fund better than a precious metals ETF?

I knew it would happen.
  • Options

@jmski52 said:
    Is a good mining stock or a good mining fund better than a precious metals ETF?

two good mining ETFS: GDX and for the junior miners GDXJ. There are other miner "index" ETFs, just search the ETF database.

• Options
    GoldenageGoldenage Posts: 3,278 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’m probably wrong, but outside of one election, I don’t remember an election ever having a significant impact on the POG.

• Options

I vote for the loser: gold goes up. I vote for the winner : gold goes up. Draw your own conclusion. I voted for the loser in 1976, initially... and voted for the loser in 2020.

• Options

if only there was some way we could find out who won :#

• Options
    TPGSTPGS Posts: 207 ✭✭✭
    edited November 13, 2020 7:26AM

@bronco2078 said:
    if only there was some way we could find out who won :#

Could be a while.

• Options

maria is a sellout , everyone associated with the old CNBC from the 90's has become garbage .

I used to day trade and I tuned in to listen to certain people when they were on (looking at you jimmy rodgers! )

• Options
    TPGSTPGS Posts: 207 ✭✭✭

Well, bless your heart Bronco.

• Options

I should say Jim Rodgers , not Jimmy thats a whole other guy. This was pre-dot.com days.

I was the first kid on my block to day trade on the compuserve at 2400bps! With old school CNBC on the TV (hot box cable!) Investors business daily on my door step every morning !

And I did the end of the day worden brothers data dump after 5pm too :D

It was a good system until everyone got greedy

• Options

Looks like it didn't matter! Gold and silver are still very well in control through paper. No big ups or downs.

• Options
    edited November 26, 2020 9:00AM

Election mess far from over, likely to get worse. PMs will respond accordingly.

Has anyone besides the media (and the candidates themselves) actually awarded the election to either of the candidates

• Options

A Biden win will push silver higher for two reasons:

A "green environment" requires silver laden solar panels and the money giveaways will explode higher.

• Options

You have to wonder how many people out of this week's 700,000+ layoffs worked in farming, toilet paper production, and distribution. Money supply dramatically increasing and production & employment decreasing - doesn't sound like a good recipe' for low prices and good availability.

I knew it would happen.