Home U.S. Coin Forum

Dan Carrs latest

Comments

• AkbeezAkbeez Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭✭✭

@7Jaguars said:

I still can not get over that wonderful matte 1927 Oregon Trail, or the Confederate overstrikes of $20 gold Federal pieces...

Speaking of which, anyone have an extra 1927 Oregon Trail? Scarce as hens teeth...

Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS
  • renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭

@1940coupe said:
    worth nothing cause you can make anything you want

It's called speculation. It wasn't guaranteed. Kinda like a company issuing more stock and diluting your initial investment or acres of track-housing built next door to your oasis. "Life sucks, then you die"- 1940 or "Surf more, think less"-r95.

@1940coupe said:

@dcarr said:

@1940coupe said:

@dcarr said:
    Out of curiosity, I just checked eBay for completed listings of "Carr 1964-D Peace".
    It shows that all listings for the 2010 issue (Die Pair 5 and Die Pair 6) have sold for $300 minimum and some for a little more.
    None of the completed listings remained unsold, apparently.

So that is not much different than what they were routinely selling for before I made some Die Pair 9 over-strikes.

bs

How so ?
    Maybe post some evidence to prove your point ?

I hope with all my heart you go to jail

Wow, this is deeper than the subject at hand. This poster needs smoe serious Aloha. I feel bad for him cuz this appears to be something heavy. More than an additional 1964 Peace dollar; should not bring so much hate.

• LukeMarshallLukeMarshall Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Akbeez said:

@7Jaguars said:

I still can not get over that wonderful matte 1927 Oregon Trail, or the Confederate overstrikes of $20 gold Federal pieces...

Speaking of which, anyone have an extra 1927 Oregon Trail? Scarce as hens teeth...

I would love a Confederate Overstrike one of these days...

It's all about what the people want...

• Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,887 ✭✭✭✭✭

Glad we pre-ordered our CV 2020 and it's on it's way! It's a great way to mark this weird period in humankind. Thanks @dcarr we appreciate your creativity and business accumen. Have a good day. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall, coinsarefun, MichaelDixon, NickPatton, ProfLiz, Twobitcollector,Jesbroken

• GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,464 ✭✭✭✭✭

My order has shipped as well.

GrandAm :)
  • BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 20, 2020 4:53AM

1964-D Peace Dollar, DP 9 is OUT OF STOCK

and my CV19 order shipped as well... B)

• COCollectorCOCollector Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 20, 2020 5:12AM

?> @dcarr said:

A while back I asked if you would like me to send you a FREE double-over-struck "1964-D" Peace Die Pair 9. You said yes. So I did. NOBODY else got a deal even close to that. If you thought it was illegal, then why did you want it ?

And I'd still like to see your evidence supporting the "bs" claim.

@renman95 said:

@1940coupe said:

@dcarr said:

@1940coupe said:

@dcarr said:
    Out of curiosity, I just checked eBay for completed listings of "Carr 1964-D Peace".
    It shows that all listings for the 2010 issue (Die Pair 5 and Die Pair 6) have sold for $300 minimum and some for a little more.

So that is not much different than what they were routinely selling for before I made some Die Pair 9 over-strikes.

bs

How so ?

Wow, this is deeper than the subject at hand. This poster needs smoe serious Aloha. I feel bad for him cuz this appears to be something heavy. More than an additional 1964 Peace dollar; should not bring so much hate.

Agreed.

I believe it started with 1940coupe's March 20th post.

Also, as of March 20th the Dow had fallen 10,000 points (29,000 to 19,000) in just one month.

Understandably, so much fear. And that can lead to mis-directed anger & hate that's blown way out of proportion.

Successful BST transactions with forum members thebigeng, SPalladino, Zoidmeister, coin22lover, coinsarefun, jwitten, CommemKing.

• cheezhedcheezhed Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭✭✭

I really need a Confederate piece. I missed out when they first were offered.

Many happy BST transactions
  • TwobitcollectorTwobitcollector Posts: 3,281 ✭✭✭✭✭

I a
    m also happy I purchased a 1964-D Circulated Peace Dollar to add to my circulated set

Positive BST Transactions with:
    INYNWHWeTrust-TexasNationals,ajaan,blu62vette
    coinJP, Outhaul ,illini420,MICHAELDIXON, Fade to Black,epcjimi1,19Lyds,SNMAN,JerseyJoe, bigjpst, DMWJR , lordmarcovan, Weiss,Mfriday4962,UtahCoin,Downtown1974,pitboss,RichieURich,Bullsitter,JDsCoins,toyz4geo,jshaulis, mustanggt, SNMAN
    edited April 20, 2020 10:57AM

@7Jaguars said:
    All be calm, please. DC makes coins and medals. Get them if you like or not. I really like some and others not as much. He has some that I really don't care what they resell for - they are among the favorites of my collection..

Yes,,,,, I would like to get one of these as well,,,,,,,, @dcarr maybe you could strike a different date of this one for those of us who didn't get one the first time around. I PROMISE 99.999999% of us won't get mad at you. ;)

edited April 20, 2020 8:56PM

@1940coupe said:
    -Please come see me

@1940coupe said:

@dcarr said:

@1940coupe said:

@dcarr said:

bs

How so ?

Such a horrible thing to say,,,,,,, wishing for someone to go to jail,,,,, you also threatened to come to my house and visit me in a PM,,,,,,,,, what exactly do you have in mind?

• 7Jaguars7Jaguars Posts: 7,406 ✭✭✭✭✭

Uh, why, party like it's 1999.

Maybe the funk will pass and all is well. In the meanwhile, he could have a mini auction of his Danny items and I am sure many of us would pay good money for them....

Love that Milled British (1830-1960)
    Well, just Love coins, period.

Especially with bidding starting at .99 Watcha think? Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall, coinsarefun, MichaelDixon, NickPatton, ProfLiz, Twobitcollector,Jesbroken

• SlipKidSlipKid Posts: 51 ✭✭✭

The fact that the reverse on die pair 9 is so different from 7 and earlier makes me feel that there won't be a loss of any value to the earlier issues. Even a novice can tell the two apart.

Maybe I missed it: Any news on upcoming MM releases?

Successful BST transactions with forum members thebigeng, SPalladino, Zoidmeister, coin22lover, coinsarefun, jwitten, CommemKing.

• Mr Lindy Mr Lindy Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭✭✭

Happy Thursday 40Coupe,
    Depending on how the 64D double strike looks, I could be a buyer.
    Since 1979 I focused on collecting coin errors, so it could be a good item for me if you decide to sell it,
    Please send me a message.
    Lindy

He's still in jail -- there's peace in the kingdom :)

Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS

@COCollector said:
    Maybe I missed it: Any news on upcoming MM releases?

Just the Covid 19 medal. The MM cupboard is looking mighty bare...the master must be hunkered down and cranking up the engines...

• ashelandasheland Posts: 23,075 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've got a COVID-19 hard times token on the way.

• BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 24, 2020 3:13AM

Not having a clue to what is next is fun to me....ain't no telling what it'll be.

@dcarr his design imagination keeps me wondering what's up next. I'd like it to be Victorian in theme. IMO. Peace Roy

• U1chicagoU1chicago Posts: 5,957 ✭✭✭✭✭

Fun eBay pickup that didn't break the bank. :)

• TheRegulatorTheRegulator Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭

I was kinda hoping for a return of the CCP P*ssing Panda. Taking a giant Wuhan dump on the world.

Also wondering if Civil War Tokens might be around the corner.

The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. -Thomas Jefferson

@Akbeez said:

I did not know that was a thing here. No ban, just jail?

Yup, cwt with a current states rights theme sounds interesting too. Patience! Peace Roy

• Will1960Will1960 Posts: 76 ✭✭✭

Received my order today, very nice work on the Covid.
    Also, some more stamps, not so many varied designs as the last oder, however my 8 year old G-Daughter is becoming a stamp collector now!
    And the other poster who went off, Oh My!!!
    I can't see my Matte Finish 1964 Peace Dollar losing any value, and, even it did, I don't care.
    That's not why I purchased it.
    I enjoy looking at my ever increasing collection on a 'rainy day'.
    I really do need to perform a complete inventory and photograph them all, lots of ingots and bars as well.

@renman95 said:

@Akbeez said:

'Someone' I know who was a long time member was banned several years .
    Remember the thread where a member had a large collection stolen and the perps were captured on a pawn shops security system, two African American men and a young African American girl?
    A picture of a gallows was posted, BANNED.
    That same pic was used when other Races mug shots were posted and received accolades of thumbs up, hang 'em high and such.
    No intention of causing problems.
    Stay Well, enjoy your Daniel Carr treasures and "Have A Great Weekend"!

• burfle23burfle23 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭✭✭

OK, received a "black box" of counterfeits and told this is a Dan Carr- any help appreciated!

So what are we looking at? Broad struck rev? Somebody doodles on the obv with a stylus? Inquiring minds want to know. Peace Roy

It appears to be a damaged US Mint coin - doesn't look counterfeit. Not a D Carr issue.

@burfle23 said:
    OK, received a "black box" of counterfeits and told this is a Dan Carr- any help appreciated!

That's not one of the many Washington Quarter Fantasy Overstrikes produced by Dan Carr: http://www.moonlightmint.com/blog_11.htm

• dcarrdcarr Posts: 8,340 ✭✭✭✭✭

@burfle23 said:

That is not one that I produced in any way.

It is a genuine US Mint 1964 silver Washington quarter with some sort of striking error.
    Possibly struck on a type-1 (un-rimmed) blank.

• JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

@GRANDAM said:

@1940coupe said:
    -Please come see me

@1940coupe said:

@dcarr said:

@1940coupe said:

@dcarr said:

bs

How so ?

Such a horrible thing to say,,,,,,, wishing for someone to go to jail,,,,, you also threatened to come to my house and visit me in a PM,,,,,,,,, what exactly do you have in mind?

That’s seriously messed up. I’m guessing it’s not for a pillow fight

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

@renman95 said:

@Akbeez said:

When you are in the clink you can’t start threads but you can still comment. It’s like house arrest

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • burfle23burfle23 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 25, 2020 11:03AM

@dcarr said:

It is a genuine US Mint 1964 silver Washington quarter with some sort of striking error.

Thanks Dan; just a note. this example weighs 4.9 grams versus a standard of 6.25.

@Bullsitter said:
    2020 Clark Gruber items are sold out.
    Mintages on the 1.5 oz Octagons are the lowest to date, 87 minted and 3 of those were antiqued.

I wonder if all six exist antiqued

coinJP, Outhaul ,illini420,MICHAELDIXON, Fade to Black,epcjimi1,19Lyds,SNMAN,JerseyJoe, bigjpst, DMWJR , lordmarcovan, Weiss,Mfriday4962,UtahCoin,Downtown1974,pitboss,RichieURich,Bullsitter,JDsCoins,toyz4geo,jshaulis, mustanggt, SNMAN

@Justacommeman said:
    When you are in the clink you can’t start threads but you can still comment. It’s like house arrest

m

That doesn't seem right,,,,,,, commenting is what gets you in trouble most of the time. ;)

@Twobitcollector said:

They do make a nice collection

Wow, that was a fast six years!
    Already thinking about what next years will look like.

Also, is hard to pick a Favorite!

@GRANDAM said:
    My order arrive today,,,, a nice way to commemorate the worst health crisis to hit the USA in my lifetime,,,,,

I checked Informed Delivery® on my shipment it went from LOVELAND,CO 80537 to SEATTLE WA DISTRIBUTION CENTER
    By the way I live in PA.
    It's now In Transit to Next Facility, were ever that is .
    With any luck it could show up Monday

• GluggoGluggo Posts: 3,566 ✭✭✭✭✭

Twobit I take it that is not the usual route of mail
    For you? Looks like my route on the way to Alaska! ;) I should get mine any day now.

• JBKJBK Posts: 15,335 ✭✭✭✭✭

@burfle23 said:

@dcarr said:

Thanks Dan; just a note. this example weighs 4.9 grams versus a standard of 6.25.

Maybe struck on a quarter planchet punched from dime strip? (Or, quarter strip rolled too thin?).

• KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

I wish mine would show up in Informed Delivery but they never do. From the ship date I'm guessing it will show up on Monday.
    @GRANDAM - That's a nice group you got there.

• dcarrdcarr Posts: 8,340 ✭✭✭✭✭

@burfle23 said:

@dcarr said:

Hmm...

Well, 4.9 grams weight would be consistent with a quarter-dollar size blank that was punched from rolled stock of dime thickness.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file