Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Jordan mania

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,524 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 16, 2020 10:07AM in Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

It's just unbelievable how many cards Jordan has, and they're on fire right now. I'm using this thread to show some of his cards and memorbilia, the whole Jordan scene right now is just fascinating. I do not own the cards that I am showing, it is strictly to show how many awesome cards of Jordan exist. If you want to show cards that you may or may not own, feel free to add on.

Comments

• doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,524 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 16, 2020 7:19AM

1990 Sybox is one of my favorite designs, and right now a PSA 10 is going for $300 +. I remember busting a box of 1990 Skybox when they first came out, and finding these.

There's also the prototype.

• erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,096 ✭✭✭✭✭

@stwainfan said:
    I had bought these a couple of years ago.

Depending on what you paid, those two are selling three to four times more than they were selling in early March. I had both in PSA 9 that I sold awhile back and planned on replacing with the best centered 8's I could find but after this recent run in prices I'll just wait to see if they come back down before buying. Nice 8's are now selling close to double what 9's were pre-spike.

• remedylaneremedylane Posts: 330 ✭✭✭

I hope the frenzy continues another couple of weeks. I just sent out an E motion N tense insert that has a shot at a 10. A PSA 10 just sold for like $900. Raw ones are even $150. I'll gladly take $700 for my hopeful SGC 10.

• dan89dan89 Posts: 484 ✭✭✭✭✭

86 PSA 9 hit the 10K last night with a BIN

edited April 16, 2020 10:05AM

Just look at the lightning bolts in this Jordan card. Bad to the bone.

• remedylaneremedylane Posts: 330 ✭✭✭

Yeah man. 90s inserts are over the top. Look up the emotion n tense that I'm hoping to get a 10 on.

• stwainfanstwainfan Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭✭✭

@erikthredd said:

@stwainfan said:
    I had bought these a couple of years ago.

Depending on what you paid, those two are selling three to four times more than they were selling in early March. I had both in PSA 9 that I sold awhile back and planned on replacing with the best centered 8's I could find but after this recent run in prices I'll just wait to see if they come back down before buying. Nice 8's are now selling close to double what 9's were pre-spike.

I paid around $100 each. I'm glad I got them then.

I collect hall of fame rookie cards, https://www.instagram.com/stwainfan/

1996 Collectors choice game face. I love this card, and it shows you how serious Jordan was about winning.

• UFFDAHUFFDAH Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 16, 2020 10:54AM

Been building a Jordan run over the past few years. This is one of my favorites in my collection.

• rtimmerrtimmer Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭✭

@erikthredd said:
    The one cool thing about this MJ frenzy is I'm seeing a lot of his rarer cards pop up for sale that usually don't,here's one below. Disclaimer: I don't own this card or know the owner, I just know that it's arguably one of MJ's rarest cards ever.

An interesting 89 card because that’s a 1985 picture from the all star game.

Follow me at LinkedIn & Instagram: @ryanscard
    Join the Rookie stars on top PSA registry today:
    1980-1989 Cello Packs - Rookies
  • rtimmerrtimmer Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭✭

I think these have gone up a bunch too might be time to pull the rip cord during the last dance but who knows how much more they will increase.

Follow me at LinkedIn & Instagram: @ryanscard
    Join the Rookie stars on top PSA registry today:
    1980-1989 Cello Packs - Rookies

@rtimmer said:

@erikthredd said:
    The one cool thing about this MJ frenzy is I'm seeing a lot of his rarer cards pop up for sale that usually don't,here's one below. Disclaimer: I don't own this card or know the owner, I just know that it's arguably one of MJ's rarest cards ever.

Here's the story from the auction listing behind this Yugoslavian sticker set and why the Jordan's are so rare:
    Back when the card industry was getting started and basketball was becoming hot overseas with guys like Vlade Divac, Arvydas Sabonis, Kukoc etc. The NBA partnered with a company in Yugoslvia to produce a line of sticker cards to build the interest in Yugoslavia. The set was called C'ao Muflon. It featured 73 total stickers, and a wall poster to sticker them to. Sticker #71 was blank for a "create your own". So really 72 players. However, the factory was basically an old unused warehouse were these were being printed and stored. It was a 3rd world country with about as low tech as you can imagine. Shortly after the designs were approved and started to print, the factory burned down. All the inventory was burned in the process. A few years later...1993, 94 the same people made another product that made it to market, but never commanded the interest of the first set from 1989 because the 93-94 cards were available everywhere and mass produced. An interview with a former worker at the warehouse stated that less than 10% of the print run made it out of the warehouse before the day of the fire. The boxes were not full sets, but rather individual players. Almost no MJ made it out. They are all low grade with centering and surface issues. They were hand cut so bad centering and the paper stock was low grade and creases easily. In the Beckett pop, the highest of the handful is a 8, and according to PSA only 2 have been graded (1-PSA 9 OC) and 1-Auth.

• Kep13Kep13 Posts: 515 ✭✭✭

That's a nice run of wax...congrats

@erikthredd said:

@rtimmer said:

@erikthredd said:

Here's the story from the auction listing behind this Yugoslavian sticker set and why the Jordan's are so rare:
    Back when the card industry was getting started and basketball was becoming hot overseas with guys like Vlade Divac, Arvydas Sabonis, Kukoc etc. The NBA partnered with a company in Yugoslvia to produce a line of sticker cards to build the interest in Yugoslavia. The set was called C'ao Muflon. It featured 73 total stickers, and a wall poster to sticker them to. Sticker #71 was blank for a "create your own". So really 72 players. However, the factory was basically an old unused warehouse were these were being printed and stored. It was a 3rd world country with about as low tech as you can imagine. Shortly after the designs were approved and started to print, the factory burned down. All the inventory was burned in the process. A few years later...1993, 94 the same people made another product that made it to market, but never commanded the interest of the first set from 1989 because the 93-94 cards were available everywhere and mass produced. An interview with a former worker at the warehouse stated that less than 10% of the print run made it out of the warehouse before the day of the fire. The boxes were not full sets, but rather individual players. Almost no MJ made it out. They are all low grade with centering and surface issues. They were hand cut so bad centering and the paper stock was low grade and creases easily. In the Beckett pop, the highest of the handful is a 8, and according to PSA only 2 have been graded (1-PSA 9 OC) and 1-Auth.

That's one heck of a story. I got curious and checked Ebay and that cao muflon Jordan is going for $19,999 or best offer + shipping. That's a cool $20k for that puppy. You weren't kidding about the rarity, and the price tag shows it.

Up next, 1996 Fleer metal

• countdouglascountdouglas Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭✭✭

Off the Expressway, over the River, off the billboard, through the window, off the wall...nothing but net!

1998 Fleer Tradition Playmakers Theatre. I love the theatre design on this card.

@doubledragon said:
    That's one heck of a story. I got curious and checked Ebay and that cao muflon Jordan is going for $19,999 or best offer + shipping. That's a cool $20k for that puppy. You weren't kidding about the rarity, and the price tag shows it.

From the few past sales I've seen of this sticker he's likely looking at a 3rd of that but it rarely pops up for sale so who knows. The top of my whale list consists of MJ's Star #101,his 85 Jewel Prizm sticker and this sticker,a guy can only wish lol.

• dan89dan89 Posts: 484 ✭✭✭✭✭

Think I like it too much to dish now even in this market. Not many graded legit 86 packs out there now other than regular Jordan on front which is big $$. No comps on sticker on back lately so no idea what this would do for?

edited April 16, 2020 1:43PM

@erikthredd said:

@doubledragon said:

From the few past sales I've seen of this sticker he's likely looking at a 3rd of that but it rarely pops up for sale so who knows. The top of my whale list consists of MJ's Star #101,his 85 Jewel Prizm sticker and this sticker,a guy can only wish lol.

Yeah, I was just about to post a picture of that Jewel Prizm Michael Jordan, that is one of my favorites.

1985 Jewel/Prizm

• chaz43chaz43 Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭

In my opinion, as a Jordan Fanatic, here is one of his best. Insert 1992 Topps Stadium Club Series 2 BEAM TEAM Card.

chaz

1994 Finest Refractor. The colors just jump right out and slap you right in the mouth!

1998 SP Authentic Sample

• BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 7,939 ✭✭✭✭✭

@UFFDAH said:
    Been building a Jordan run over the past few years. This is one of my favorites in my collection.

Nice. Too bad it wasn't #23 of 100.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • stwainfanstwainfan Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭✭✭

now over $1,000.

I collect hall of fame rookie cards, https://www.instagram.com/stwainfan/

• KccoinKccoin Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭✭✭

I always liked the Scoring Kings

Up next, 1992 Panini Foil

edited April 16, 2020 11:04PM

1985 Interlake Bulls.

Let's get day two of the Jordan museum rolling.

• UFFDAHUFFDAH Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭✭✭

To enter the world of Michael Jordan cards is like stepping foot on another planet. The amount of awesome cards that Jordan has is just staggering. I don't believe I've ever seen a player with so many cool looking cards as Jordan.

These are two of my favorites.

The Green sold for $350,100, and the Red sold for $63,100 in past auctions. You're looking at over $400,000 with these two.

1996 Bowman Best shots. I love how this card is clear like glass and you can see right through it. Sweet!

• BPorter26BPorter26 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭✭✭

These are amazing Michael Jordan cards you guys are showing.

Here's a few of my unopen packs with MJ on front or on the back.

I've shown these two cards recently on another thread, but here's my 1986 Sports Illustrated Test Sticker and same pic used a 1986 Super Canasta Spanish sticker. PSA does not grade this, but just found out BGS does. I will be transferring this over probably at next years national.

"EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY IT SAYS IT RIGHT THERE ON THE WALL" - JACKIE MOON

Die cut.

• HorseHorse Posts: 675 ✭✭✭✭

I own the lamest Jordan card that was ever made. Got any worse ?

• LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Horse said:

Just this one ;)

Thanks again!

• HorseHorse Posts: 675 ✭✭✭✭

DANG YOU !!!!!

Those are pretty bad, but I think this takes the cake.

@doubledragon said:
    Die cut.

That 1997-98 Finest set is definitely my favorite,I opened so much chasing the Tim Duncan rookies & parallels and was lucky enough to pull a couple of his base rookies at least. Also pulled a Tracy McGrady gold rookie that PSA eventually graded a 10.

• countdouglascountdouglas Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Horse said:

Challenge accepted!

edited April 17, 2020 1:21PM

@erikthredd said:

@doubledragon said:
    Die cut.

That 1997-98 Finest set is definitely my favorite,I opened so much chasing the Tim Duncan rookies & parallels and was lucky enough to pull a couple of his base rookies at least. Also pulled a Tracy McGrady gold rookie that PSA eventually graded a 10.

I love that set as well, it is a very high quality product. That set has some of the coolest looking cards I've seen.

@countdouglas said:

@Horse said:

Challenge accepted!

😂😂 That's horrible!