Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Post Your Favorite Autograph

Kid4hof03Kid4hof03 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭✭✭

I really enjoyed the favorite card thread, thought it would be fun to see everyone's favorite autograph. I grew up a huge fan of Kareem Abdul Jabbar, as a teenager I thought there would be nothing greater than owning a Lew Alcindor autograph. A few years ago at the National I found one that I just couldn't pass up. It's a 7x9 photo of Big Lew and one of his UCLA classmates, personalized and signed in black grease pencil. It's as bold and clear an Alcindor autograph as I've found. The photo is faded from years of sunlight, but I love it.

Collecting anything and everything relating to Roger Staubach

Comments

• MikeyPMikeyP Posts: 986 ✭✭✭

"Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood."
  • magicpapamagicpapa Posts: 634 ✭✭✭✭

a couple from my other hobby

• frankhardyfrankhardy Posts: 8,044 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have 2 that is tied for my favorite. I can post this 2001 Topps Traded Albert Pujols now. I will have to wait until I get home to post my 1986 Sports Illustrated cover signed by Michael Jordan. It is authenticated and witnessed by Upper Deck.

005-2001-Topps-Trade-Pujols-Signed-JSA

Shane

• Kid4hof03Kid4hof03 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JakeR2234 said:
    Of course... I love the black on this card

Love it! That's as good as a Payton autograph gets! Awesome

• JakeR2234JakeR2234 Posts: 236 ✭✭✭

@Kid4hof03 said:

@JakeR2234 said:
    Of course... I love the black on this card

Love it! That's as good as a Payton autograph gets! Awesome

Thanks! Now I need that cello pack in a 10 ;)

PC Walter Payton - Bear Down!

@KNAPP said:

Wow! Those are impressive, I love that Jordan photo

• remedylaneremedylane Posts: 330 ✭✭✭

Wish I could post mine. It's a proset tom Landry card from the super bowl sets they did. I got it autoed in person back in the 90s. I sent it off on the last group sub to PSA to get authenticated and slabbed. I was Leary of sending it off anyways because it's very special to me. With everything going on, reality has set in that I may not see it again for a year.

Some beautiful heavy hitters in the last few posts!

• dan89dan89 Posts: 484 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not heavy hitters, however really like the duel graded

• dad2cl3dad2cl3 Posts: 331 ✭✭✭✭

Always one for mixing it up! This was purchased while I was in college shortly after the comic was released. Bought of an old bulletin board system that required me to mail a money order before receiving the signed comic.

• 1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,226 ✭✭✭✭✭

This is another item that I am proud to have in my collection. One cool thing about the 1961 Manny’s photo is it is actually a shot of Mickey in early 1951 as evidenced by the 6 on his back. The signature is clean and beautiful and while I don’t know that it will last forever it is at the moment the highest graded example of the select few 1961 Manny’s that have been submitted since they were made eligible for grading through the Jumbo holder. While it looks like it is a 6 or possibly a 7, the grade is 100% accurate; the squiggle above the bat center is a small crease.

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• 1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,226 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jay0791 said:
    My favorite Auto

I also love Ron Lewis artistry

And this guy

Just Flying Around

And not to forget the umpires

GREAT stuff, @jay0791

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭

Great stuff so far

Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• clarke442clarke442 Posts: 604 ✭✭✭✭✭

No picture of my most favorite
    But...this will do
    Pulled from a pack myself back in 1995, just slabbed recently

Great Thomas autographs.

• VagabondVagabond Posts: 551 ✭✭✭✭

So much goodness in this thread.

This one, I got in person and its probably one of the cleanest Jeter autographs I have seen. I sent it to PSA shortly after.

• AANVAANV Posts: 326 ✭✭✭

I'm not really much of a collector of modern players, but I was fortunate enough to meet Travis Kelce last year. He signed numerous items for me and specifically asked where on the card to sign and with what color sharpie. It was an awesome experience and he is one of the coolest people I've ever met.

This one is my favorite of the lot. It is a 1/1 Flawless with a diamond in the card. He also signed 5 other 1/1 cards for me that I was surprised to be able to purchase on eBay for such reasonable prices prior to getting them signed. I grew up as a Bills fan, but I was for sure cheering for the Chiefs to win it all last season.

• dad2cl3dad2cl3 Posts: 331 ✭✭✭✭

I’m bored so here’s another of my favorites

• DBesse27DBesse27 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 4, 2020 4:17PM

@AANV awesome story and awesome card!

Yaz Master Set
    #1 Gino Cappelletti master set
    #1 John Hannah master set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox

• CoarsegoldCoarsegold Posts: 132 ✭✭✭

One of my favorites from an old Tower Records signing

• PiggsPiggs Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭✭

O'Brien twins and 50's SPORT magazine photos signed Mantle and Snider

• maddux69maddux69 Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭✭✭

Here is my 2fer. Both signed at the same time circa 1983, yet one has had a little more experience. Long story behind them, definitely pc for life

• AANVAANV Posts: 326 ✭✭✭

Since others are posting multiples, here's 3 1 of 1 patches that he signed for me as well.