Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

I get it now, why some people comment on almost every thread.

Comments

• Options
    CoinscratchCoinscratch Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭✭✭

the

• Options

hell

• Options

are

• Options

• Options

worth anyway. I'm not here for points. I'm here for pointers from the pointers!

You have posted 5 times within 60 seconds. A spam block is now in effect on your account. You must wait at least 120 seconds before attempting to post again.

• Options
    crazyhounddogcrazyhounddog Posts: 13,840 ✭✭✭✭✭

Something about getting their post count up. At least that’s what I read somewhere.
    Other times it’s to show off some coins from their collections. If you can’t show them off, then, what can you do with them ?

The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
  • Options
    blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,487 ✭✭✭✭✭

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• Options
    TexastTexast Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭✭

@CoinscratchFever said:
    worth anyway. I'm not here for points. I'm here for pointers from the pointers!

You have posted 5 times within 60 seconds. A spam block is now in effect on your account. You must wait at least 120 seconds before attempting to post again.

I'm not here for ponts either, just putzin around tonight...

On BS&T Now: Nothing.
    Fighting the Fight for 11 Years with the big "C" - Never Ever Give Up!
    Member PCGS Open Forum board 2002 - 2006 (closed end of 2006) Current board since 2006 Successful trades with many members, over the past two decades, never a bad deal.
  • Options

@crazyhounddog . Your nicks rock and it never gets old seeing them...Points are pointless and buffalo burgers are tasty.
    A door closes right before the next one opens. Glad you and yours are okay!

• Options
    CuKevinCuKevin Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭✭

Oh, there’s a leader board? Now I have some real incentive to post,

Choice Numismatics www.ChoiceCoin.com

CN eBay

All of my collection is in a safe deposit box!
  • Options

post,

CN eBay

• Options

and post some more

CN eBay

• Options

@WinLoseWin said:
    Never noticed before but I doubt it is a factor in anyone's posting.

I see you are now on the leaderboard @Texast .

Better keep posting to maintain your position.

And here is a coin that I understand is viewed by some as an unloved common problem widget that nobody here collects and is also without historic interest and is more valuable being re-struck into a modern silver round:

OMG, Beautiful Coin, 220 years old, it's amazing any of these survived.

Just wondering what this coin bought or paid for when it was put in circulation.

Member PCGS Open Forum board 2002 - 2006 (closed end of 2006) Current board since 2006 Successful trades with many members, over the past two decades, never a bad deal.
  • Options

@WinLoseWin said:

I see you are now on the >leaderboard

That was never my intention, the thread for me is just a place for me to park myself for a while. It's always nice to see your thread take off,

I'm having fun tonight, I needed a diversion, and this works for me...

• Options
    cameonut2011cameonut2011 Posts: 10,063 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Texast said:
    I guess I really never knew why some members here comment on a lot of threads, and then I clicked on the "Recent Activity" link at the bottom portion of threads. It's all about (for the most part) being at the top of the Weekly and All Time leader boards.

I thought some were trying to show there knowledge on a lot of issues, now I see it's just a competition.

I certainly hope not. That borders on pathological.

I posted someone's picture, hope they don't mind.

If you comment please include a Coin Picture and let's see how many coins we can get here. (I think you get points for pictures also, not sure)

Is that Skyman's? That's a new (to me) angle shot. Of all the nice coins that are owned and posted by others on this board, this is one of my favorites.

• Options

@crazyhounddog said:
    Something about getting their post count up. At least that’s what I read somewhere.
    Other times it’s to show off some coins from their collections. If you can’t show them off, then, what can you do with them ?

When I see beautiful coins like this, and the true Artwork they are then look at what's in circulation and it may as well be a metal slug.

There is no depth to so many coin designs that really need to change. I would love to see classic designs on the cent through half dollar.

JMHO

• Options
    marcmoishmarcmoish Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Texast said:
    @WinLoseWin said:

That was never my intention, the thread for me is just a place for me to park myself for a while. It's always nice to see your thread take off,

just hope the mods don't decide this thread has got to go poof.

• Options
    marcmoishmarcmoish Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭✭✭

@crazyhounddog said:

love em but what a showoff! :D

• Options
    edited January 26, 2020 8:27PM

@marcmoish said:

@Texast said:
    @WinLoseWin said:

just hope the mods don't decide this thread has got to go poof.

Why, there are pictures of coins, comments about them are tame. The only thing that really hurts the threads is someone post multiple times in a row posting 5+ and saying nothing.

I asked for pictures and got them, if they worry about the leader boards then why have them, all the badges and everything that decorates the other side of the Forum that some never see, but it is there for a reason.

They want you to enjoy your time here and there is nothing wrong with that.

• Options
    bearcavebearcave Posts: 3,993 ✭✭✭✭✭

I came back to this thread expecting 2 or 3 comments. Boy did get a surprise.....

Ken
  • Options

I forgot...

Ken
  • Options
    MrSliderMrSlider Posts: 142 ✭✭✭

Just cause

https://tinyurl.com/wbuh7ba (Search PCGS on ebay)

• Options

@MrSlider said:

Just cause

Awesome, what is the grade on this?

I had an 1883 grade out at MS 65 from PCGS about ten years ago. A clear strong strike let's you see the texture on the surface that is not used anymore. Both the liberty nickels and buffalo nickels had the textured fields and devices.

• Options

It is my experience in life that some people are more talkative than others.

Successful BST deals with mustangt and jesbroken. Now EVERYTHING is for sale.

• Options
    oldUScoinsoldUScoins Posts: 237 ✭✭✭✭

@Icollecteverything said:
    It is my experience in life that some people are more talkative than others.

Yup

• Options
    fcfc Posts: 12,789 ✭✭✭
    edited January 26, 2020 8:57PM

When you make a post and are a newbie to the forum those people who keep this place active are doing a good deed. A lot of us cannot afford rarities so have a few people say cool or nice when you get a new ase or a common 65 morgan.. it is nice feeling to get some replies. Some action on our posts.

Without them this place can become a ghost town real quick

• Options
    ZoinsZoins Posts: 34,079 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Texast said:
    I guess I really never knew why some members here comment on a lot of threads, and then I clicked on the "Recent Activity" link at the bottom portion of threads. It's all about (for the most part) being at the top of the Weekly and All Time leader boards.

I still have no idea what this is. I cannot find "Recent Activity" anywhere :(

• Options
    CoinJunkieCoinJunkie Posts: 8,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Zoins said:

@Texast said:

Just click on "Activity" at the very top of the page. The stats will show up along the right side of the screen. I'm not sure I did you a favor by pointing this out. B)

• Options
    ZoinsZoins Posts: 34,079 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 27, 2020 12:33AM

@CoinJunkie said:

@Zoins said:

@Texast said:

Just click on "Activity" at the very top of the page. The stats will show up along the right side of the screen. I'm not sure I did you a favor by pointing this out. B)

OMG. I wish I could unsee that! :D

• Options
    CoinJunkieCoinJunkie Posts: 8,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Zoins said:

@CoinJunkie said:

@Zoins said:

@Texast said:

OMG. I wish I could unsee that! :D

+1 (in the spirit of this thread) ;)

• Options
    HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options

This coin is so reflective I imagine it's not easy to photograph. The fields look like liquid Mercury.

Would you call the surface Super Proof, Ultimate Proof,. It has to have a better designation than Proof.

• Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,505 ✭✭✭✭✭

@savitale said:
    Not sure there is really any value to being at the top of the post leader boards.

You get bragging rights. Also, a great pickup line. :D

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    OldhoopsterOldhoopster Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭✭✭

If you make 100,000 posts, they send you a 10% off coupon ;)

Member of the ANA since 1982
  • Options
    OuthaulOuthaul Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭✭✭

@blitzdude said:

Washington quarter - carbuncle variety.

• Options
    BoosibriBoosibri Posts: 11,901 ✭✭✭✭✭

90 posts already

• Options
    messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,723 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm all about quality, not quantity, which is why you'll never see me posting to threads like this.

• Options
    messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,723 ✭✭✭✭✭

... over and over again just to run up my post count.

• Options

True that - Good morning :)

• Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,505 ✭✭✭✭✭

@messydesk said:

I'm guessing Heather or Brett will being closing this thread after they get to work this morning. :/

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    OldhoopsterOldhoopster Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭✭✭

@PerryHall said:

@messydesk said:

I'm guessing Heather or Brett will being closing this thread after they get to work this morning. :/

We need to hurry up and work that post count. It's almost starting time on the west coast. >:)

Member of the ANA since 1982
  • Options

Good Morning!

Ken
  • Options
    OuthaulOuthaul Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭✭✭

A gross of gross grouse is one hundred and forty-four foul fowl.

• Options
    YQQYQQ Posts: 3,281 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just a little info on Copyright infractions. I.e. stealing, copying, lifting, downloading or whatever you call it, is a serious issue and can cost the offender considerable $$$. the copyright to a product is usually owned by the Creator, not by the owner of the equipment used to create or by the distributor of the subject.
    There are acceptable and recognized exceptions. this is very often for educational purposes.
    But re-posting without permission is not one. even when you credit the source.
    it is easier and much safer to ask for permission than for forgiveness when it concerns copyright issues.
    such permission is usually granted unless the intended use is for commercial purposes.

Today is the first day of the rest of my life
  • Options
    ctf_error_coinsctf_error_coins Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭✭

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file