Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

2019W Palladium Reverse Proof (19EK), On sale now, $2,437.50 .

Comments

• Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree. I purchased the same black label in the first of the Pd series.
    And it for a wee bit less than that price you paid and it still felt high given that my first Palladium Maples were purchased at $400.
    I really do prefer the black label. I prefer the look of prestige. APMEX tends to sell them for more. Probably because they have a bit of a monopoly on them.
    Which is fine with me, I like the unique label.
    I wish I would’ve bought a lot more Maples! But that was a very dead metal that hung out at that price for quite a while.
    Surprisingly, palladium has now reached Heights that Gold didn’t. And I bought my first gold ounces ($300) around the same price as my first Palladium.
    Great nostalgia!

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options
    2bucks2bucks Posts: 636 ✭✭✭
    edited January 17, 2020 8:13AM

Pd is up huge this morning. Currently + $184 ($2567 Ask). +8.24% Largest 1 day rise ever?

• Options
    cagcrispcagcrisp Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Bid/Ask range has Now been changed to $150.00

Current Bid = $2,408.00
    Current Ask = $2,558.00

• Options
    Schmitz7Schmitz7 Posts: 752 ✭✭✭

The mint is now selling the palladium eagles for under the current spot price. :)

• Options

The mint is now selling the palladium eagles for under the current spot price. :)

• Options

Go fer it!

• Options

The Bid/Ask range has Now been changed to $200.00

The Bid/Ask spread was $25.00 on Monday...

• Options

Oh Boy, Pd:

Palladium soared over 9% to power above the key $2,500 an ounce level for the first time on Friday, boosted by a chronic shortage of the metal in the market and hopes the global economy might be turning the corner.
    Spot palladium was 7% higher at $2,475.60 per ounce, having surged past the $2,500 an ounce level to hit a record peak of $2,537.06.
    The auto-catalyst metal was also pacing for its best week since December 2001, surging more than 16%.

"This is a structural deficit market that has been brewing for years and we don't really see an increase in supply on the horizon to quell that," said Ryan McKay, a commodity strategist at TD Securities.
    Palladium has constantly been breaking records, rising more than 50% last year, on a sustained supply squeeze and expectations for stricter emission laws across the globe.
    Also helping boost prices, China and the United States signed a preliminary trade deal on Wednesday that could spur economic growth, and a Chinese auto industry group said vehicle sales would slow their decline.
    Palladium is primarily used by automakers for catalytic converter manufacturing to clean car exhaust fumes.
    "In an already tight market, we also have supply risks in South Africa due to the power outages," McKay added.
    South Africa, which produces two-fifths of the world's mined palladium, released data on Thursday showing its output of platinum group metals including palladium fell 13.5% in November compared to the same month in 2018.
    Platinum climbed 1.6% at $1,019.78 per ounce, having hit a peak since February 2017 at $1,041.05 in the last session. Prices were up 4% for the week.

• Options

@Schmitz7 said:

Don't confuse Ask price for Spot...The Mint doesn't use Bid/Ask pricing for Palladium. The Mint uses London Fix prices..

• Options
    KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 17, 2020 3:22PM

I'll be back at noon my time to post the closing prices on the HUGH day. To quote the famous Paul Harvey "Stand By For Newwws"

OMG ! Crazy Town !

As you all know the Palladium market exploded today. Up an unbelievable $138 ! BID / ASK spread as noted by @cagcrisp took a massive leap to $200. CRAZY !

edit to add
    Checked Kitco for daily High / Low

@cagcrisp - All I find for the London price is for yesterday. Would you post the link you use please?

• Options

@Kudbegud said:
    I'll be back at noon my time to post the closing prices on the HUGH day. To quote the famous Paul Harvey "Stand By For Newwws"

OMG ! Crazy Town !

As you all know the Palladium market exploded today. Up an unbelievable $138 ! BID / ASK spread as noted by @cagcrisp took a massive leap to $200. CRAZY !

edit to add
    Checked Kitco for daily High / Low

@cagcrisp - All I find for the London price is for yesterday. Would you post the link you use please?

http://www.lbma.org.uk/precious-metal-prices-mobile

• Options

Thanks @cagcrisp. That's a good site.

• Options

Currently we have a $400 spread between Bid and Ask.

One week ago the spread was $25.00

• Options
    edited January 20, 2020 5:40AM

Once you get a spread like that you are getting a LOT of scared money trying to eliminate volatility...

• Options

It Still Keeps Going

Up today by $119 !

Bid / Ask spread now at $200

BTW
    Rhodium up $700

• Options

Might be time to liquidate one more ounce.

• Options

Or any Rhodium you may be holding. Near a record high. $10,000 is the high I believe.

• Options
    morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,441 ✭✭✭✭✭

Anyone know what will be the design for the Pd. eagle in the fall? Enhanced unc? Enhanced proof?

World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO
  • Options

For the First time in History of the United States Mint pricing matrix…

An LBMA Fix has Exceeded the Current pricing for a United States Mint Gold, Platinum or Palladium Product.

Current Mint pricing for the 2019 Reverse Proof Palladium is $2,537.50.

Today’s LBMA AM Fix was $2,573.00…

• Options

I like to see the spot pricing overwhelming the Mint pricing.
    Wish I had a few 1 ounce rhodium’s but no Got.
    Anybody have an idea what is driving up the price of that metal besides speculation?

• Options

Palladium stepped back by $128

BUT...

Rhodium did the opposite going up $500

• Options

My Guess is that the 2019 Reverse Proof Palladium has been Re-priced to $2,837.50 this afternoon…

That's a guess on Today's fixes.

That would be a $300.00 Increase from current pricing...

• Options

“This product is currently unavailable.”

It was still available yesterday at $2537.50

• Options

So, anybody willing to buy at the upcoming Mint pricing?!

• Options
    shorecollshorecoll Posts: 5,445 ✭✭✭✭✭

Must be speculation, if it was the global pandemic it would hit all metals.

ANA-LM, NBS, EAC
  • Options

The Mint May have dropped their lease at this time. I assume the CU will be lifted at some point in time with a Higher price attached...

• Options

I've changed my mind. I Now think the 2019 Reverse Proof Palladium in Gone dot com.

I don't think the Mint wants to sell this coin for $2,837.50...

• Options

I was WRONG about the 2019 Reverse Proof Palladium being Gone dot com. The Mint went from CU at a price of $2,537.50...

...To $2,837.50.

Capitalism at it's best...

• Options

It will be interesting to see how many 2020 of the uncirculated versions they decide to make and even more interesting to see how many get sold...assuming the prices remain this high or higher. Some say that Palladium will be going to $3,000 per ounce in 2020 so the mint price will probably be at least $3,400 for the coin. My guess is that this will be the highest price offering ever listed by the mint.

• Options

American Eagle 2019 One Ounce Palladium Reverse Proof Coin
    Add to Bag!!!! NOW!!!!! Hurry!!
    19EK
    https://catalog.usmint.gov/american-eagle-2019-one-ounce-palladium-reverse-proof-coin-19EK.html
    WEST POINT (W)
    $2,837.50

• Options
    HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MilesWaits said:
    Add to Bag!!!! NOW!!!!! Hurry!!
    19EK
    https://catalog.usmint.gov/american-eagle-2019-one-ounce-palladium-reverse-proof-coin-19EK.html
    WEST POINT (W)
    $2,837.50

That price tag is... :o

• Options

My question will be how many get sold at this price. Fingers crossed the weekly sales report is actually back and will will report next Tuesday.

• Options

Yes these constant price adjustments could keep the mintage number down overall.
    Does anybody have the previous number?

• Options

@MilesWaits said:
    Yes these constant price adjustments could keep the mintage number down overall.
    Does anybody have the previous number?

15,711 through 01/12/2020

• Options
    edited January 29, 2020 12:37AM

New PM Pricing Grid

Top price per ounce is now $2,999.99

Current Mint price for the 2019

They may need to make a new grid sooner than they thing if Palladium recovers from the recent profit taking.

• Options
    HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks @Kudbegud. That price is a bit steep. :o

• Options

The 2019 Reverse Proof Palladium will be re-priced this afternoon between 1 and 3 PM ET to $2,787.50...

• Options
    privatecoinprivatecoin Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭✭✭

This is priced for those who bought Bitcoin at 20K.

Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value. Zero. Voltaire. Ebay coinbowlllc

• Options
    edited January 29, 2020 4:57PM

In FY 2019 the Mint paid $1.5 million in leasing fees for Palladium.

In FY2018 the Mint paid $890.0k in leasing fees for Palladium…

• Options
    privatecoinprivatecoin Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭✭✭

Has palladium hit its ceiling?

Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value. Zero. Voltaire. Ebay coinbowlllc

• Options

It's up $53 so far today to bid $2,316. While not a record it seems to be recovering from profit taking the last couple weeks. It may make it's way back to a new record over it's $2,414 record.

• Options

@Kudbegud said:
    It's up $53 so far today to bid $2,316. While not a record it seems to be recovering from profit taking the last couple weeks. It may make it's way back to a new record over it's $2,414 record.

Palladium was under considerable pressure as long as China had problems with the coronavirus. The day/day cases reported are declining...Thus Palladium prices have increased...

• Options
    edited February 18, 2020 8:48AM

Pd be a rising! $2630 and the Eagle is “currently unavailable” for more price increase.
    Next stop for the Pd Eagle?

• Options

This is the same thing the Mint did the last time Palladium was going to Jump $100. They went CU vs. BO and then raised the prices. IF current prices hold, the Mint will be raising prices $100.00/oz. tomorrow afternoon...

• Options

And I see people are still buying the graded NGC 69, lowest pricing, versions on eBay at these elevated prices. I love the hope.
    Other than the recent pull back when the virus info dropped, Palladium is back to its old tricks.
    I would guess the current buyers from the Mint would be those that are supplying on the secondary market.

• Options

NEW RECORD CLOSE

Palladium

Rhodium

• Options

This issue is going to be a bear to reprice for the Mint given that it is moving quickly and now at $2740 in the aftermarket.

• Options

The 2019 Reverse Proof Palladium will be re-priced this afternoon at Either $2,887.50 or $2,937.50

To close to call on Wednesday’s fixes…

• Options

Thanks for the update; seems though, the pricing might not make a lot of difference given that if you are in the market for a RP, you are oh so late to the game.

• Options

As of right now (10:45 am EST) Palladium is up $77. The crazy continues.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file