Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

2019W Palladium Reverse Proof (19EK), On sale now, $2,437.50 .

Comments

• Options
    cagcrispcagcrisp Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Mint lost $1.3 Million on the 2017 Palladium bullion in 2017 with a mintage of 15,000.

No way you will see another Palladium bullion coin from the Mint as long as Spot prices are this high...

• Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭✭✭

Love this continually rising spot price, even though it did go down a bit, as it will stop me from spending money this year on another palladium issue.

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options
    KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

If one was issued this year I would get one. It's not always the profit motive that I buy toward. I remember when the possibility of a Palladium Eagle was being discussed here that many who poo-poo'd the idea became buyers.

• Options
    GoldminersGoldminers Posts: 3,652 ✭✭✭✭✭

That was discussing the bullion, which wasn't here this year either I think?

So doesn't there still exist the special new finish (or at least not last year's finish) palladium from the Mint option still out there for Ryder to play with in 2020?

• Options
    edited December 21, 2019 4:32PM

The 2019 is still available from the mint. So you are calling the first year from the mint as bullion if I read you right. Right?
    It is shown on the mint page for bullion
    https://catalog.usmint.gov/coin-programs/bullion-coin-programs.html?cm_sp=LP4--bullion-coins--051318
    I'm gonna have to check the post. I will be back.

I'm back.
    I checked the posted link from @BackroadJunkie and it's right there near the top of the article.

Back again. This is today's Coin World article below.

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,776 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Kudbegud said:
    @BackroadJunkie, I'm thinking the decision had a lot to do with the high spot price. A big hit Friday of -$73 couldn't overcome the steady rise over the past months. The annual Palladium Bullion Coin could be over for good.

Honestly, I don't think they make any money on these with the small sales number.

• Options

The 2019 Reverse Proof Palladium has been Re-priced to $2,337.50…

• Options

A BANNER YEAR FOR PALLADIUM

The year closes out with a nice gain for the day of +$36 Didn't set a new record but it's back over $1,900.

• Options
    ZoinsZoins Posts: 34,110 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 31, 2019 3:40PM

@Gluggo said:
    You could always go for one of these Special Signature Autographed version from the Capitol Mint for $4995.00. Not a bad deal if your Rich!

2019-W $25 Palladium Reverse Proof PR70 PCGS FDOI
    Signed by T. Cleveland US Mint Master Deginer!

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/303281838189

Just noticed this post. The funny thing about this is that Adolph Weinman is the designer of both the obverse and the reverse.

It would be something if PCGS could get original Weinman signatures and place them inside the slab ;)

• Options

New Record

Unsettling news brings PM upticks. Up $26

• Options

Palladium Breaks $2,000 An Ounce

A significant plus day as Palladium goes over $2,000 for the first time. I went above $1,800 on November 27th and the $1,900 barrier on December 12th. +$200 in 40 days.
    The Mint price Reverse Proof should go up on Wednesday.

• Options

AND AGAIN
    Another record close. + $25

• Options

so what will happen first:
    The Reverse Proof reaches Mint pricing of near $2600 or they pull it?

• Options

I don't think they will pull it while stock remains. Next year is already confused by contradictory mint statements. The mint is covered by their buying plan. If this rising price of Palladium continues the mint will have a decision to make. Make fewer but at a higher price..... or...... ????

• Options

@Kudbegud said:
    I don't think they will pull it while stock remains. Next year is already confused by contradictory mint statements. The mint is covered by their buying plan. If this rising price of Palladium continues the mint will have a decision to make. Make fewer but at a higher price..... or...... ????

What contradictory mint statements?

• Options

There Will be Either a 1 level or 2 level Price Increase this Afternoon. Too close to call...

• Options

In the article I sniped from Coin World above it says no Palladium in 2020. However, it still shows in the 2020 product schedule for the fall.

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,377 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 8, 2020 9:12AM
  • Options

@Kudbegud said:
    In the article I sniped from Coin World above it says no Palladium in 2020. However, it still shows in the 2020 product schedule for the fall.

The CW article referenced Bullion Only, not numismatic products...

• Options

The 2019 Reverse Proof Palladium has been repriced to $2,437.50

That's a Record High price...

• Options

A hundred dollar jump is significant. The mint still hasn't posted current weekly sales so tracking how price effects sales will be hard to ascertain.

A big jump today for Palladium. I'll be back in an hour and 10 minutes with the final numbres.

• Options
    edited January 8, 2020 3:12PM

Big Plus Jump Today

Precious metals, Gold Silver and Platinum, were all down today. Palladium and Rhodium said "Not Me" and made monster plus moves. Pd +$59 and Rh +$300. I think the Palladium jump is the largest single day advance I've seen.

• Options

@Kudbegud ...

If prices stay where they closed at Today...

...You will get Another $100 Mint price Increase next Wednesday...

• Options

$2145. And I thought when it was matching the price of gold that was crazy.

• Options
    CXDCXD Posts: 141 ✭✭✭

You are a "crazy" Pd genius! ;) And I am just a "2" post wanna-be....
    MilesWaits said a few months back > **"Hey, there is a dude (or not) over on the BST trying to sell his sealed 2018 Palladium proof with a post count of 2! Spend a little bit more than the 2019 Reverse and really roll the dice."
    Don't tell anyone but an unsuspecting buyer paid $2180 for a sealed corrugated box just days after it was listed, obviuosly from this risky seller.

I'm sure you will get your mojo back,... as I and others here will wait with bated breath for your next "nugget" of wisdom. B)

• Options
    edited January 9, 2020 9:57PM

I blinked and missed the close at noon my time.. Drat !
    But I got the current price:

So today's close was $2,099 Bid and $2,124 Ask.
    It's almost certain to go over $2,100 later today or tomorrow.

• Options

Profit takers prevented going over $2,100 on Friday. There is always next week.

From today's Coin World article that checked the accuracy of 2019 predictions was this:

• Options

Back on the record setting train

After a short vacation Palladium set a new record close today. Both Bid and Ask are over $2,100.

• Options

Killin it softly

• Options
    BackroadJunkieBackroadJunkie Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭✭✭

I really wish we'd get some sales numbers to see if any of these puppies are selling. (Weren't they supposed to have fixed this by now? The page is essentially an XML file. It isn't rocket science.)

Single digit weekly sales? Less than that? I've seen sales numbers drop off, but never to zero...

• Options

I agree it would be nice to have some numbers but I would imagine most of the value of these Pd Eagles is being dictated now by spot price, constantly rising.
    I would be surprised to see them sell out before they pull them.
    I see from most dealers these are the lowest price in the series. Which I imagine is the advertised higher mintage numbers.

• Options

Palladium is up $7 as of right now. 6 hours before the close. This seeming continuous clime is making me dizzy. I can't stop watching it's rise though.

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,377 ✭✭✭✭✭

Rampant currency debasement will be the most important investment trend of this decade, and it will devastate most people.
    - Nick Giambruno
    Buy dollar insurance now, because the policy will cost more as the dollar becomes worth less.

• Options

$2172!,
    How many of you were still holding?

• Options
    2bucks2bucks Posts: 636 ✭✭✭

@MilesWaits said:
    $2172!,
    How many of you were still holding?

I am. Bought 28 oz around the $400 level. Supply is going to be really tight over the next couple of years, so I'm being really risky and thinking we still have a ways to go.

• Options

28! You may be one of the most well prepared Pd people on the forum.

• Options
    edited January 14, 2020 11:58AM

I only have one left to sell. I am surprised catalytic converter's are not being targeted again by thieves. Some of those have more than 1/4 ounce in them.

• Options

Ok, note to self, new nighttime hobby.

• Options

A Nice Bump Today

Up $45.00. Half way to $2,200.

• Options

More reason for a Mint price bump and a lessening of supply at APMEX:

Palladium hit a record high of $2,191.60 an ounce, and was on track for a ninth straight session of gains.
    The auto-catalyst was up 2.7% at $2,189.77. For 2020/21, "we forecast heavy structural supply/demand deficits for palladium," James Steel, chief precious metals analyst at HSBC, wrote in a note. "Likely robust automotive demand will help keep the market tight. Tighter emissions regulations globally imply heavier palladium auto catalyst loadings."

• Options

The 2019 Reverse Proof Palladium will be re-priced this afternoon between 1 and 3 PM ET to $2,537.50...

• Options

More news:
    Bolstered by a prolonged supply deficit, auto-catalyst palladium notched a record high of $2,235 an ounce earlier in the session, and was last up 1.6% at $2,230.38.
    "We don't believe that the all-time high level (for palladium) will be a deterrent for fresh buying!" MKS traders wrote in a note.
    "Any correction should be met with aggressive buying and remain short-lived. We expect palladium to remain in the spotlight again this year."
    Platinum climbed 2.9% to $1,012.13, having risen to its highest since February 2018 at $1,013.57 an ounce.
    "People are just taking positions because of platinum's discount to palladium in terms of the spread. People are coming in and doing some bargain hunting," INTL FCStone analyst Rhona OConnell said.

• Options

Platinum broke its technical trendline at $1,000+. If there is enough speculative momentum with it, it seems to have some more upside.

I consider it a major hydrogen fuel cell metal for the next decade as future green tech that is likely better than electric hybrids and electric car battery mining issues.

• Options
    edited January 15, 2020 3:22PM

WOW !

Up an amazing $66 ! Busting through the $2,200 barrier. The ASK price is only $30 from $2,300.

The Mint sales price IS going up next week.

BTW - Rhodium is also on a tear reaching $7.400 / $7,900

• Options

WOW and the Mint is doing well with profit if they bought early and are ACTUALLY selling their Pd Eagles. APMEX is doing just fine....
    More news:
    Platinum climbed 3.7% to $1,019.20, having risen to its highest since January 2018 at $1,024.80 an ounce.
    "Platinum is being largely driven by technical moves as we broke through the highs established in September 2019, forcing some shorts to cover," said Daniel Ghali, commodity strategist at TD Securities.
    The market may be driven into a deficit this year after a long time; and power outages in South Africa might translate into a lower supply growth, which could help platinum prices to rally, Ghali added.
    The auto-catalyst palladium notched a record high of $2,261.45 an ounce earlier in the session, and was last up 2.8% at $2,256.13, bolstered by a prolonged supply deficit.

• Options

@MilesWaits said:
    WOW and the Mint is doing well with profit if they bought early and are ACTUALLY selling their Pd Eagles.

The Mint doesn’t own any palladium coins. They lease the coins. +/- on the pricing grid has no effect on the Mint. The pricing grid spread is constant. The Mint has same spread at $1,987.50 as it does at $2,537.50...

• Options
    Schmitz7Schmitz7 Posts: 752 ✭✭✭

May jump to $2737.50 next week if current palladium prices continue to rise. Over $2300 an ounce this morning.

• Options

CNBC
    Elsewhere, palladium gained 4.8% to $2,371.50 an ounce after hitting a record peak of $2,393.38 earlier in the session.
    "Palladium's price rally is supported by its strong fundamentals, as we expect the metal to enter its ninth straight year of market deficit this year," UBS analysts said in a note.
    "While higher prices should bolster scrap supply growth in 2020, we think mine supply growth is likely to remain constrained due to a lack of new projects."
    Platinum was up 0.9% to $1,028.86, having hit its highest since February 2017 at $1,035 earlier, while silver shed 0.3% to $17.94 per ounce.

• Options
    edited January 16, 2020 3:12PM

A Nice Little Bump

Not as eye opening as yesterdays but up better than down. A new record once again.

The Bid / Ask spread has grown to $100 +, up from $50 yesterday.

And FYI
    Rhodium is up $300 to $7,700 / $8,200

• Options
    morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,441 ✭✭✭✭✭

Bought my first Pd. Eagle from at APMEX in Oct. of 17. It was the PCGS Black label MS70 1 of 500 for $1700, actually bought a pair. APMEX now has them for $3600, wish I had bought more, I think they had something like 17 available at the time. I can remember saying to myself, " what the heck am I doing".

World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file