Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

2019W Palladium Reverse Proof (19EK), On sale now, $2,437.50 .

Comments

• Options
    VpdVpd Posts: 47 ✭✭

So MilesWaits,

Will this news hasten your purchase plans? Are will you still be very patient?

• Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am always tempted by the Palladium Eagles but I will remain patient and if the PCGS 70 is out of my reach, so be it.

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options
    VpdVpd Posts: 47 ✭✭

You’re the man. I’m trying to follow in your foot steps.

• Options
    KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 23, 2019 2:06PM

Palladium UP $28 at the close. New All Time High

• Options

Slabbed 2019 Palladium are becoming available in stock.

• Options
    morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,441 ✭✭✭✭✭

@rip_f said:
    @morgansforever - Your photos are spectacular.

As you can see from my photos, I'm not a TPG person. (don't tell our host)
    Actually, I just learned what Trueview is.
    Why are you so anxious to see this coin in one?

Dude thanks a bunch! Learned all my skills right here, from the many coin photographers that have been here forever. Messydesk, Robec, Todd, Broadstruck and so many more. I just wanna see a pro level image and see how it stacks up to their image of the RP Pd. eagle.

World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO
  • Options
    GoldminersGoldminers Posts: 3,652 ✭✭✭✭✭

IF the next Mint palladium coin I open in the mail tomorrow is worthy, it will come back with a TrueView, but it will probably take a couple weeks.

• Options
    cagcrispcagcrisp Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭✭✭

I said I did Not believe last weeks sales numbers...

19EK 2019 AM EAGLE PALLADIUM PROOF 1 OZ 13,319 (3,371)

• Options

@cagcrisp said:
    I said I did Not believe last weeks sales numbers...

19EK 2019 AM EAGLE PALLADIUM PROOF 1 OZ 13,319 (3,371)

That is very interesting. The returns and cancellations are extreme. I still can't even get a return label because they are "too busy". I doubt we will se a RP of this one again any time soon. The regular proof still looks the best to me, but an enhanced finish or S-mint version might be nice next year.

• Options

@Goldminers...
    These are cancellations. The Mint has Not had time to process/account for returns yet. Returns usually show up a few weeks down the line...

• Options
    edited September 24, 2019 7:36AM

This is what my order says:
    "Approved Returns
    American Eagle 2019 One Ounce Palladium Reverse Proof Coin
    West Point (W)
    $1,987.50

RMA: 1292xxxx
    Return Request: 9/19/2019

Qty: 1
    An email will be sent to you within one business day containing a prepaid shipping label for 1ZA5983W900528xxxx."

Of course I have not received this label in email yet, but it has been in their electronic system for last week's numbers. Maybe they are counting it??? Either way it is proof that high prices do reduce demand.

• Options

That is amazing to me that they are “so busy” they can’t send out a return label.
    Sad and evidence that there is a very high return rate on this issue and probably the silver liberty.

• Options
    HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

Depends on how many are dedicated (if any) to the returns dept at PFSWeb.

Perhaps it’s just one (1) person or whoever isn’t busy taking calls or boxing/packing.

Never know how govt contracted companies (lowest bid annual/long-term contracts) operate unless you own or hired by one.

• Options
    jwittenjwitten Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭✭✭

It would be interesting if this one ended up being a smaller mintage than the others, which still have a big premium on them.

• Options

That is a good question about the mintage although we have seen in other issues and that it is the perception that drives the pricing and an initial 15,000 mintage that twice sells out is more impressive than a languishing and low demand RP Pd Eagle.
    And oh boy, the spot price just keeps climbing.

• Options
    FullStrikeFullStrike Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭

From KITCO

Buy 1 oz Palladium Canadian Maple Leaf Coins

$ 1,689.50 ea. Reduced

For those that like plain old Palladium, without the added expense.

• Options
    bigolebigole Posts: 385 ✭✭✭

When does the price change on this product? Is it tomorrow?

• Options

@bigole said:
    When does the price change on this product? Is it tomorrow?

Yes. Tomorrow Afternoon ET...

• Options

I would recommend NOT buying/chasing Palladium with this coin...

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,776 ✭✭✭✭✭

@cagcrisp said:
    I would recommend NOT buying/chasing Palladium with this coin...

I would recommend not investing in PMs using any U.S. Mint collector coin. Even stacking bullion silver eagles is a questionable strategy.

• Options

@Goldminers said:
    This is what my order says:
    "Approved Returns
    American Eagle 2019 One Ounce Palladium Reverse Proof Coin
    West Point (W)
    $1,987.50

RMA: 1292xxxx
    Return Request: 9/19/2019

Qty: 1
    An email will be sent to you within one business day containing a prepaid shipping label for 1ZA5983W900528xxxx."

Of course I have not received this label in email yet, but it has been in their electronic system for last week's numbers. Maybe they are counting it??? Either way it is proof that high prices do reduce demand.

I doubt they would count it until it is in house and approved.

• Options

Well I received my second one just now and it had finning on one rim area and two small, but visible metal ding hits on the wing tip areas, so I paid to send it back, as at this point, it is all a waste of money and I don't have any more horizontal surface room in my house to set all these crappy coins, medals, and return boxes on.

Someday when I get a free return label emailed to me, the other one will be returned, So you can subtract two more from the Mint numbers...

• Options
    edited September 24, 2019 1:57PM

So sorry to hear, goldminer. The same issues were found with the 2018 proof.
    Arghhh. I sent one PCGS 70 Proof back to MCM. Got a refund, though.

• Options
    edited September 24, 2019 3:57PM

New All Time High Again
    Closed today UP $19.00

I think the price will go up tomorrow to $2,037.50 Please correct me.

edit to correct the price - D'oh

• Options
    stevostevo Posts: 6
    edited September 24, 2019 3:04PM

just got my certification back from ngc on the palladium rp eagle first releases rp 70

• Options
    stevostevo Posts: 6
    edited September 24, 2019 5:12PM

see if this pic works file:///C:/Users/lindy/OneDrive/Pictures/Verify%20NGC%20Certification%20%20%20NGC.htm

yup copy and paste it in search bar works i hope..

• Options

@stevo said:
    see if this pic works file:///C:/Users/lindy/OneDrive/Pictures/Verify%20NGC%20Certification%20%20%20NGC.htm

Welcome to the forum. You can just simply drag a picture into the comment and it will auto load most the time. The links like yours usually don't work as well. Cheers.

• Options

I am going to get a graded 70 now instead of waiting much more, because I think the 2019- PR70 numbers will be lowest of the 3-coin series. True 70 quality will require several coins to find one.

Consider these PCGS 70 pops so far, and of course the 2019 pop will go up a lot in the next few months, but how much more is the real question for me. I wonder if they will ever get to 1,000 graded considering all the coin flaws I see, the high price, slow eBay sales, and apparent lack of major player interest. The 3,000 to 4,000 cancellations and future returns are telling.

2017 - 3,764
    2018 - 5,728
    2019 - 221

• Options

thx for the pic help kudbegud appreciate it

• Options

and goldmners thx much...waiting to see the pop reports on it from ngc nothing there yet

• Options
    HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

@stevo said:

That is a link to your personal hard drive’s location of an html file.

Note: After, “file:///C:/Users/......” would be the username on whatever device (laptop, desktop, etc.) you logged into.

• Options

yep it works fine but just dragged in in like goldminers suggested and that worked fine..waiting to see the pop report on ngc nothing there yet..

• Options
    batumibatumi Posts: 806 ✭✭✭✭

@Kudbegud said:
    Slabbed 2019 Palladium are becoming available in stock.

The $2750 price for a '70' appears reasonable in light of the problems many on this board have mention. Who knows, it may be a bargain. Very tempting, as I have the first two along with the other reverse proofs.

• Options
    batumibatumi Posts: 806 ✭✭✭✭

@Goldminers said:
    I am going to get a graded 70 now instead of waiting much more, because I think the 2019- PR70 numbers will be lowest of the 3-coin series. True 70 quality will require several coins to find one.

Consider these PCGS 70 pops so far, and of course the 2019 pop will go up a lot in the next few months, but how much more is the real question for me. I wonder if they will ever get to 1,000 graded considering all the coin flaws I see, the high price, slow eBay sales, and apparent lack of major player interest. The 3,000 to 4,000 cancellations and future returns are telling.

2017 - 3,764
    2018 - 5,728
    2019 - 221

@Goldminers said:

2017 - 3,764
    2018 - 5,728
    2019 - 221

Goldminers: I agree, and intend to do the same. I like bullion coins slabbed for protection, storage space, as well as easy sale if needed. Last and not least, waiting a while on like precious coins in '70' has saved me a lot of money.

• Options

The 2019 Reverse Proof Palladium will be repriced by the Mint to $2,037.50 sometime between 1 and 3 PM ET today...

Do Not chase the price Increase...

• Options

As predicted by @cagcrisp

And....
    Palladium took a downward hit of $26.00 today.

• Options
    OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,826 ✭✭✭✭✭

I just checked. You're spot on @cagcrisp ... $2037.50 . Whooo boy. Where will it go next, higher or lower? When it creeps over that $2000 line, it makes it sound soooo much more expensive, and that could really slow sales down if they haven't slowed to a stop already.

• Options
    7over87over8 Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭

You can pickup a PCGS 70 on the bay at 2400 level.
    A 400 dollar markup over issue.
    I usually like to see at 250 markup, but consider as a single submission with postage both ways you’ll pay about 100 bucks to “make” a 70

• Options

If you have the right credit card linked to PayPal you can get 3% or even more back on online charges, then you get $24 eBay bucks, My net was $2,300, and yes it costs $2,100 to do a one coin submission with FS. So really only net $200 markup for a 70. But the big reason to buy a 70, is that due to quality issues, you have a good chance of a 69 and those are selling for a loss.

I tried twice to get a coin from the Mint that was not scratched and failed. So I chose buy the 70, and since those are already sold and part of the mintage, it might stay below 15,000 which is a plus, vs buying another one from the Mint. Plus the Mint might not like 3 returns and could block me from them in the future.

• Options
    edited September 26, 2019 9:11AM

There are currently 10 of these available at $1789 NGC 69 on eBay through Pinehurst with credit card.!
    That is a little over $100 over spot!

• Options

@Onastone said:
    I just checked. You're spot on @cagcrisp ... $2037.50 . Whooo boy. Where will it go next, higher or lower? When it creeps over that $2000 line, it makes it sound soooo much more expensive, and that could really slow sales down if they haven't slowed to a stop already.

Oh, I think they have slowed to a stop. That's why they've been running negative. Few new sales and some returns/cancellations.

I think 99% of the people who want these bought them at release. There may be some people debating the cost. But I think the vast majority have already bought.

• Options

@MilesWaits said:
    There are currently 10 of these available at $1789 NGC 69 on eBay through Pinehurst with credit card.!
    That is a little over $100 over spot!

That seems about right.

The premium on the 2017 and 2018 have shrunk over time. They will probably all eventually get to $100 -$150 over spot, if not lower.

If final sales on the 2019 don't get well over 15,000 I think we know how many (few?) collectors there really are and, as they said in 1920, the blush is off the rose.

• Options
    edited September 26, 2019 1:18PM

I am pleased to report that the PCGS PR70 I bought has arrived and nothing is wrong with it. Should have followed some advice from above and just waited to get a 70 instead of ordering from the Mint. I was just hoping for an easy TrueView and to save $200. It works for me about half the time, so I keep trying. Is that insanity to expect a different result next time? ;)

• Options
    CoinPhysicistCoinPhysicist Posts: 597 ✭✭✭✭

Can't believe the price pinehurst is trying to unload 69's at. It is almost tempting me. I wonder what price these are actually moving at...

Successful transactions with: wondercoin, Tetromibi, PerryHall, PlatinumDuck, JohnMaben/Pegasus Coin & Jewelry, CoinFlip, and coinlieutenant.

• Options

I agree. That is way below issue Price from the Mint. I don’t recall seeing this kind of discount so quickly on any high dollar Mint product in the past?!
    IF, IF you are considering buying Palladium bullion versus this RP price, why bother.

• Options

@MilesWaits said:
    I agree. That is way below issue Price from the Mint. I don’t recall seeing this kind of discount so quickly on any high dollar Mint product in the past?!
    IF, IF you are considering buying Palladium bullion versus this RP price, why bother.

Well, most Mint products have a smaller premium to begin with. There certainly are plenty of examples of gold and silver commemoratives with no secondary market.

• Options

New record high close today

• Options

And the Pinehurst NGC 69 special is over. They sold 75.
    The other metals drop, palladium stays where it’s at.

• Options

$8 and change away from $1700 in the afterburner market....

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file