Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

"Official" I got the "Golden Ticket" enhanced reverse proof silver eagle COA thread

Comments

• Options
    edgaredgar Posts: 886 ✭✭✭✭

458 watchers :o

Well Played

(l8-)>>

• Options
    OnedollarnohollarOnedollarnohollar Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭

$14,001 ... a princely sum

I'm still in limbo as to how my coin is doing at PCGS headquarters. Will I get a 70 and a signed COA?
    Let me dream, if only for a minute, a daring dream of glory.

• Options
    JimTylerJimTyler Posts: 3,060 ✭✭✭✭✭

High feedback buyer bought it and an extra grand to boot.

• Options
    MgarmyMgarmy Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

Simply awesome

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

• Options

Wow, nice one!

• Options
    TetromibiTetromibi Posts: 944 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'll add some more details now that this is done.

A LOT of people messaged to know if the coin came from the large or small box. The coin was sourced from the smaller box.

A lot of people were confused about the difference between this one and the Baltimore coins. Several people wanted to know why this one didn't have the Baltimore label. Well, it wasn't a Baltimore coin. It was straight from the mint.

Once your grades post, each item will have a pcgs cert# attached...including the COA's. The cert numbers are not printed on the COA slabs when you receive them. I think they should have been. Sometime that night or into the next morning, the pcgs cert#'s will turn blue and let you click on them. At that point, you can see what COA number was attached to the coin under "pedigree".

I had two coins. I opted to pay for walk-through grading. I wanted to get in and out and be done with the process quickly, even if it meant sacrificing a portion of the profit. I thought prices would crash faster than they have.

I was originally mortified to find out that I had misread the submission directions. I read it as they would charge $15 to just slab the certificate. There was no coin being graded, so it made sense to me that it would be cheap. After rereading the submission directions, I could see how they meant it would be the submission tier plus $15. $702 to have two graded with certs with walkthrough. Yikes.

Obviously it worked out, but keep the fees in mind when you submit.

• Options
    Jinx86Jinx86 Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Tetromibi said:

@Goldminers said:
    Did the certificate #00016 with PR70 sell for what amount? I did not see the listing.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/362834927700?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Congrats on the killer sale!
    You were part of the discussion at the coin club meeting last night by the way.

• Options
    GluggoGluggo Posts: 3,566 ✭✭✭✭✭

702 Buck wow well you got some iron blood! Very Impressive.

• Options
    markelman1125markelman1125 Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 4, 2019 8:39PM

Darn, I looked at the U.s mint website and the enhanced proof is unavailable

• Options

@markelman1125 said:
    Darn, I looked at the U.s mint website and the enhanced proof is unavailable

But NOT SOLD OUT there is hope yet!

• Options

I found another looks like #95 signed certificate.

Over $9000.00 a few day left! Ohhhh Boy! :p

• Options
    KliaoKliao Posts: 5,475 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Gluggo said:
    I found another looks like #95 signed certificate.

Over $9000.00 a few day left! Ohhhh Boy! :p

Umm I’m seeing 75 not 95......

Young Numismatist/collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

• Options
    edited December 5, 2019 7:19AM

Sorry 3/4 of a hundred. :p Did not have my eyes on Moe Moe keeps eating my reading glasses along with everything else.

I have never had a dog so Fluffy and Cuddly before. He is a Maltese mix from the pound.

• Options
    engmticengmtic Posts: 107 ✭✭

@Tetromibi said:

A LOT of people messaged to know if the coin came from the large or small box. The coin was sourced from the smaller box.

A lot of people were confused about the difference between this one and the Baltimore coins. Several people wanted to know why this one didn't have the Baltimore label. Well, it wasn't a Baltimore coin. It was straight from the mint.

Once your grades post, each item will have a pcgs cert# attached...including the COA's. The cert numbers are not printed on the COA slabs when you receive them. I think they should have been. Sometime that night or into the next morning, the pcgs cert#'s will turn blue and let you click on them. At that point, you can see what COA number was attached to the coin under "pedigree".

I had two coins. I opted to pay for walk-through grading. I wanted to get in and out and be done with the process quickly, even if it meant sacrificing a portion of the profit. I thought prices would crash faster than they have.

I was originally mortified to find out that I had misread the submission directions. I read it as they would charge $15 to just slab the certificate. There was no coin being graded, so it made sense to me that it would be cheap. After rereading the submission directions, I could see how they meant it would be the submission tier plus $15. $702 to have two graded with certs with walkthrough. Yikes.

Are you saying we need to pay the submission tier (for exampe express $60) x 2 for each of the coin and COA?

I'll be really annoyed if that's the case, I submitted 15 and thats an extra 900$.

Why the heck would there be an extra charge for the COA - its just encapsulated, not graded!

• Options
    blu62vetteblu62vette Posts: 11,901 ✭✭✭✭✭

They do charge to authenticate the COA, but I thought it was only 15.

@engmtic said:

@Tetromibi said:

Are you saying we need to pay the submission tier (for exampe express $60) x 2 for each of the coin and COA?

I'll be really annoyed if that's the case, I submitted 15 and thats an extra 900$.

Why the heck would there be an extra charge for the COA - its just encapsulated, not graded!

http://www.bluccphotos.com" target="new">BluCC Photos Shows for onsite imaging: Nov Baltimore, FUN, Long Beach http://www.facebook.com/bluccphotos" target="new">BluCC on Facebook
  • Options
    engmticengmtic Posts: 107 ✭✭

@blu62vette said:
    They do charge to authenticate the COA, but I thought it was only 15.

@engmtic said:

@Tetromibi said:

I just double checked my CC bill, I think it is only $15 for the COA total.

• Options

yes, $15 to encapsulate the COA.

• Options

Enigmatic
    If I were you I would call in and go over your submission PAPERWORK you sent in. That way you know EXACTLY from the Horses mouth. You did keep a copy right?
    I think in the past PCGS would call me if I might of forgotten to include certain charges. I myself have to call them to know without a doubt, and they are very nice. Good luck

• Options

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2019-S-Silver-Eagle-Enhanced-Reverse-Proof-PCGS-PR70-Baltimore-Coin-13-Signed/352865416724?hash=item52286af614:g:2pkAAOSwZEdd3xaw

This was posted on another thread. Will this get the premium, must have, treatment that the top 100 signed COA's in the Mint ordered boxes are pulling in? It would have been nice if the rest of the country had the same opportunity they had in Baltimore if it does add that much value...and I think it might.

• Options
    ChrisH821ChrisH821 Posts: 6,341 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Onedollarnohollar said:
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/2019-S-Silver-Eagle-Enhanced-Reverse-Proof-PCGS-PR70-Baltimore-Coin-13-Signed/352865416724?hash=item52286af614:g:2pkAAOSwZEdd3xaw

This was posted on another thread. Will this get the premium, must have, treatment that the top 100 signed COA's in the Mint ordered boxes are pulling in? It would have been nice if the rest of the country had the same opportunity they had in Baltimore if it does add that much value...and I think it might.

$24k asking price... unrealistic
    Conveniently no mention of COA# 06694, just "Coin #13". This is IMO intentionally misleading. Also, no returns, but "5%-15% restocking fee"? Is that even allowed?
    "A Very Limited Number were Hand Signed by the Director of the US Mint, David J. Ryder." My understanding is that anyone who got one at Baltimore could get it signed. That's what, 600 or so of them?

Collector, occasional seller

• Options

He was there signing for 1 hour. By the time he was done less than 150 coins been sold as the line was horrid. So at absolute best 150 and many people did not take them down to be signed.

@ChrisH821 said:

@Onedollarnohollar said:

$24k asking price... unrealistic
    Conveniently no mention of COA# 06694, just "Coin #13". This is IMO intentionally misleading. Also, no returns, but "5%-15% restocking fee"? Is that even allowed?
    "A Very Limited Number were Hand Signed by the Director of the US Mint, David J. Ryder." My understanding is that anyone who got one at Baltimore could get it signed. That's what, 600 or so of them?

http://www.bluccphotos.com" target="new">BluCC Photos Shows for onsite imaging: Nov Baltimore, FUN, Long Beach http://www.facebook.com/bluccphotos" target="new">BluCC on Facebook
  • Options

Thank you Jim Tyler. Seems sort of Phony that it’s signed by Mercanti?

• Options

Double signature

• Options

I just saw that on Ebay. $149k ? Ok, let's see what happens. #1 is still in play ... (and my coin hasn't been graded yet)

could it be????

• Options
    ifthevamzarockinifthevamzarockin Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭✭✭

Coin #2 has been posted for sale $ :o

• Options

Mercanti sig plus #2 Ryder sig plus proof 70 = I'm sorry, not $149k ... maybe he'll get the last laugh on this, I don't know, but I'll be following and watching for the fun of it.

• Options
    DrizztDrizzt Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭

Just wait for #8888 to sell...🐲

• Options

@Drizzt said:
    Just wait for #8888 to sell...🐲

Or 666

• Options

I'm waiting for #1 and #100

• Options

They posted the grades of my two PR69 and PR70. Shipped today. I should have them Monday. No pictures yet so I can not tell what number COA I have.

• Options

Doesn't the cert lookup show it in the pedigree line?

@Wolfman77 said:
    They posted the grades of my two PR69 and PR70. Shipped today. I should have them Monday. No pictures yet so I can not tell what number COA I have.

• Options

https://pcgs.com/cert/38718512

@blu62vette said:
    Doesn't the cert lookup show it in the pedigree line?

@Wolfman77 said:

• Options

It did not show up earlier but it is now. I got 16xxx and 20xxx.

Here is a snap shot when it did not show up and one after.

• Options
    Coin FinderCoin Finder Posts: 6,958 ✭✭✭✭✭

Packaging for $195?

Come on now, that's just ridiculous...

• Options

Congrats on your results Wolfman. I'm still waiting on my one submission. It's in the "encapsulation" mode right now. Not sure where that puts me in actual time until completion, but it's fun to watch the progression through their system. hoping of course for a 70 with one of those elusive signed COA's

• Options
    BigABigA Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭✭

@thebigeng said:
    Packaging for $195?

Same dealer that has the $149,995 PF70 and #2 COA for sale....

• Options
    BigABigA Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭✭

Is anyone keeping track of the #1-100 certs that we know of? I just want to know who to inform when I get my #1 cert ;)

• Options

Is anyone keeping track of the #1-100 certs that we know of? I just want to know who to inform when I get my #1 cert ;)

this is as good a place as any. congrats in advance.

• Options
    Bigbuck1975Bigbuck1975 Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BigA said:

@thebigeng said:
    Packaging for $195?

And the one who bought the #16 coin

• Options

And the one who bought the #16 coin

oh, I did not know that. #75 ends today...will Jesse James ride in on that one too?

• Options

"First one graded, got a 70 on the coin
    and a 70 on the COA !!!"

NIce!

• Options
    mas3387mas3387 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭

@Flackthat said:
    Congrats on the 70!

@Onedollarnohollar said:
    "First one graded, got a 70 on the coin
    and a 70 on the COA !!!"

NIce!

Thank you!! Hard work but got it done :)

• Options

Wow! speechless...

• Options
    fox9487fox9487 Posts: 282 ✭✭✭

@segoja said:
    "Who gets #01 Mr RYDER?"

Who gets #100? ME

I got lucky.....2 signed certs

11 and #100

Still have about 150 more to see the results.

Now I need the bookend #1

That is really awesome!! Another 150 to go? Of course, how dare you?! The whiners, the another name for a cat and the I didn't get any's folks are really gonna fandango. All they had to do is pony up the money and buy on the secondary market.

Successful Transactions: Coinflip, bp777, firstspousecoins, Akbeez, jmlanzaf, JWP

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file