Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

"Official" I got the "Golden Ticket" enhanced reverse proof silver eagle COA thread

Comments

• Options
    GluggoGluggo Posts: 3,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 12, 2019 9:09PM

@Onedollarnohollar said:
    https://ebay.com/itm/-/392582322846?hash=item5b67bada9e:g:lr8aaoswactd8rw9/

interesting and perhaps overly optimistic on this one. It is #00003 so obviously will get a premium in the end., but 90k?

Looks like the seller of the COA 003 has a few negative sales. 75%. Positive rating. The type that almost EVERBODY here HATES! Makes you wonder.

• Options
    jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,065 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Onedollarnohollar said:

interesting and perhaps overly optimistic on this one. It is #00003 so obviously will get a premium in the end., but 90k?

looks like he sold two coins at lower prices and did not ship, received 2 negative feedbacks. I wonder if those buyers have any action here...

• Options
    OnedollarnohollarOnedollarnohollar Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 13, 2019 12:08PM

Just got my grade posted ... Proof 70... no COA number yet... hopefully one of the ultimate prizes...a golden ticket. will they post the COA number or do I just wait to receive it in the mail? very happy with a 70 ! can't wait to have it in hand!

• Options
    edited December 13, 2019 12:01PM

@jessewvu said:

@Onedollarnohollar said:

looks like he sold two coins at lower prices and did not ship, received 2 negative feedbacks. I wonder if those buyers have any action here...

If your across state line and it’s more than $10,000.00 you can file in Federal Court for damages but how would you be able to prove the box you won or bid on is the box indeed? Unless it’s the ONLY box he sold or purchased. If it is yep. B)

Does not mean you will win might as well bring Ebay in it. Co conspirators! :o

• Options
    edited December 13, 2019 12:41PM

#5 and #23 now selling on ebay. edited to add...just saw #36 in an NGC slab

look how this guy has his coin listed. does this seem a little bit of a stretch?
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/2019-S-1-NGC-PF70-CERT-001-ENHANCED-REVERSE-PROOF-AMERICAN-SILVER-EAGLE-W-COA/372874976271?hash=item56d1149c0f:g:oJ8AAOSwRfNd8-Ee&LH_BIN=1

• Options
    logger7logger7 Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭✭✭

I spoke to a dealer who said that he wasn't able to get one as he used his mint stored credit card number vs. a raw number entered, and that made the difference/delay. He said a friend got 4 with accounts in relative's names and made a quick $2700 per 70, 3/4. Is this common in results?

• Options
    BigABigA Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 13, 2019 12:52PM

Ok...so I decided to make a chart that keeps track of numbers 1-100 that have surfaced...so far, using Ebay, I see only 17 of 100 sold or for sale...includes 2/3/5/8 of the top ten.....my three-fer en-route will add to that I'm sure ;)

• Options

when the grade is posted why isn't the coa number as well? is there just a delay on their website or do I just have to wait to see it when it comes in the mail ? the grade posted today (70) but doesn't show shipped yet.

• Options
    TetromibiTetromibi Posts: 947 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Onedollarnohollar said:
    when the grade is posted why isn't the coa number as well? is there just a delay on their website or do I just have to wait to see it when it comes in the mail ? the grade posted today (70) but doesn't show shipped yet.

check late tonight. the cert numbers can be clicked at that point and you can see.

• Options

Ohhh BOY came home Early!!!! Me Izzy and Moe Moe are waiting!!!! :p

@Onedollarnohollar said:

Mine posted about the time they shipped. I know what your going through. I must of refreshed 500 times a day. :(
    Hang in there it won’t be long

• Options
    edited December 13, 2019 5:49PM

thanks for your responses...good to have a support group... haha...

...and I hope to get as lucky as you did Tetromibi!

• Options
    jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,065 ✭✭✭✭✭

I wonder if the #1 cert will be sold in a major upcoming auction... I imagine everyone would love that publicity.

• Options
    edited December 14, 2019 5:41AM

#36 in an NGC slab sold tonight for 14k ....nice payday!

my COA number finally posted and I DID NOT get a top 100 signed one. oh well, the odds were long and I was just lucky to beat a bot in getting one. I did get a 70 grade which made my day. the search for #00001 continues....

• Options

I guess nobody has found coa #0001 yet...still some "sealed mint? " boxes showing up on ebay. could be in one of those???

• Options
    MgarmyMgarmy Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

Could be or holding for a grand unveil at major show or auction

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

• Options
    WWWWWW Posts: 2,609 ✭✭✭

Grades posted on a Sunday! In all my PCGS days, I don't ever recall getting grades on a weekend. What a pleasant surprise.

• Options

@Onedollarnohollar said:
    I guess nobody has found coa #0001 yet...still some "sealed mint? " boxes showing up on ebay. could be in one of those???

Pretty sure it is in a mint sealed box. In my safe.

Wishful thinking, I know. Will be interesting when it surfaces for sure!

Excellent transaction with: ffcoins, Proofmorgan, fivecents, MorganMan94

• Options
    BigABigA Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭✭

@Onedollarnohollar said:

It will be arriving tomorrow afternoon at my residence....I'l post a pic...gonna get 1,4 and 6 ;)

• Options

Limited Time 1.5 hours left currently a 70 @ $3,400.00.

• Options
    GoldminersGoldminers Posts: 3,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 16, 2019 1:50PM

Please stop posting all the eBay auction pictures of selective people over paying for various labels, or of those with low feedback. There are hundreds of these examples out there.

These silly round silver things are actually really common in 70, and almost every one of the people paying more than around $3,000 for these will probably regret it.

As for those buying low number COA's it may be the dumbest waste of tens of thousands of dollars for nothing, except a piece of modern paper, I have ever seen or heard of.

If you are a lucky seller, it is probably the best single deal you will ever make in a lifetime. Even Trump would be jealous.

• Options

silly round silver things.... :p as Trump would say.."It was a PERFECT 70, it was BEAUTIFUL, it couldn't have been more PERFECT"

the COA's 1-100 added value is an interesting phenomenon to see, but it is what the public perceives it to be. I wish I'd gotten one.....

• Options
    ɹoʇɔǝlloɔɹoʇɔǝlloɔ Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 16, 2019 1:18PM

<edited because I'm in rome>

hi all 👋 relatively new collector and this is my first post to these boards [v excited]

just sent in my 2 sealed boxes to anonymous coin grader on Thursday [getting coins graded also a first for me], got there Friday 233p [wish they would've landed after 3p so i could've gotten my next day $ back; yikes that was expensive]

anyone know about how long it takes for data to start showing up in anonymous coin grader acct, related to intake, grading, etc? I'm so flippin anxious to see results from the grading

good luck everyone still waiting to see how your mystery boxes stack up - FWIW, I'm keeping mine no matter the results

• Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome newbie but also pay attention that you are on the PCGS website and asking a question about a competitor.

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options

Once they are accepted if you selected two day or walk through it will move quick. However if you did not pay for expedited return shipping then that will slow you down and with Christmas clogging up the mail system. You get the drift.

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

• Options

This is a PCGS forum paid for by PCGS and provided for PCGS customers to exchange information regarding US coins. Rules say nothing about not being able to ask members about turnaround times for NGC. Good way for the hobby to die is be a bung

• Options
    edited December 16, 2019 1:31PM

@Goldminers said:
    Please stop posting all the eBay auction pictures of selective people over paying for various labels, or of those with low feedback. There are hundreds of these examples out there.

>

Okay I WONT POST ANOTHER ONE! NOT!

I believe that as long as your posting a picture of a coin your following the rules. If a admin wants me to stop they can remove them. Thats only fair unless the whole board votes for me to stop I will NOT! Sorry Gold miner.

This one ends at in 4 hours sitting at $1475.00 if you want to get it!

• Options
    GoldminersGoldminers Posts: 3,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 16, 2019 1:43PM

Gluggo,

Of course you have the right to post whatever you want (and I enjoy many of yours), it is just why are all of these eBay auction pictures that take up my entire computer screen scrolling to look for other information so important? They all look the same to me at this point. Do you get kickbacks from eBay for providing extra third party advertising? o:)

• Options

@Mgarmy said:
    Once they are accepted if you selected two day or walk through it will move quick. However if you did not pay for expedited return shipping then that will slow you down and with Christmas clogging up the mail system. You get the drift.

Thanks, Mgarmy - figured I might be waiting until 2020 with my standard grading at anonymous coin grader

🙃

• Options
    PRIZ430PRIZ430 Posts: 306 ✭✭✭

I agree...enough with the HUGE pictures Gluggo

• Options

COA #14 in an NGC slab now on Ebay for $15,500 ... can't help but be a little jealous I didn't get one. guess I'll just be glad I got any at all.

• Options

Is consensus that the sleeves traditionally used for bank notes are preferred over the slabbed COAs?

Have been seeing a lot more of these sleeved COAs lately

Thoughts?

• Options

I haven't seen anyone stating a preference myself but I personally like the slabbed look because it gives it more of a "set" look next to the coin. To each his own. Of course it would be more important / desirable if it were a numbered and signed COA.

• Options
    CoinNoviceCoinNovice Posts: 151 ✭✭✭

Im part of the PR70 Club!
    Very Excited!

• Options
    CoinNoviceCoinNovice Posts: 151 ✭✭✭

• Options
    KliaoKliao Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CoinNovice said:

Congrats 🎉🎉

Collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

• Options

@Onedollarnohollar said:
    I haven't seen anyone stating a preference myself but I personally like the slabbed look because it gives it more of a "set" look next to the coin. To each his own. Of course it would be more important / desirable if it were a numbered and signed COA.

I prefer the slabbed look, too - seeing more and more of the sleeves makes me wonder what will be best for these as a long-term investment --- will future collectors prefer one over the other? Will one or the other maintain 'freshness' of the certificate better than the other in the long term? Anyone's guess I suppose

• Options

@CoinNovice said:

Noice 🤙💥

• Options
    edited December 17, 2019 8:58PM

Okay I will cut back on the pics started posting links instead. After this Friday I won’t be following these that much as I have one on EBay for sale that’s the only motive for posting pics. o:)
    And I don’t know how to copy a link and paste on my IPhone and IPad. Let me see if ai can do it now.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/401997080904

Ohhhh look I just did it now I figured it out thank you for forcing me to learn! B)

• Options
    amwldcoinamwldcoin Posts: 11,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hmmmm, So you stood in line in Baltimore? This part of your listing really gave me a chuckle! :smile:
    You will be able to brag to your friends how your stood in line in Baltimore to get this coin!

• Options

The sales for the signed COA's aren't moving right now. Is anyone tracking these?

• Options
    GiveMeProofGiveMeProof Posts: 569 ✭✭✭✭

I was absolutely heartbroken when I couldn't get an ERP from the mint, so after brooding for a couple of days I turned to E-bay on Dec.18. Prices for sealed boxes were going up as I watched so I figured I'd better act. This is my experience.

Bought sealed box from reputable seller: 779.99
    CT sales tax: 49.53
    My shipping cost, 2 day insured 35.70
    My estimated PCGS cost with regular service, first strike and a silver membership 175.00

Grand Total: 1040.22

I never intend to flip this coin I just wanted one so bad. Sent to them on 12/5 and it was just received into the system yesterday, 12/20 just like customer service told me it would about 8 days ago. So I figure worst case scenario I get a 69 with an unremarkable COA# which leaves me with about or a little better than a break-even situation, unless of course I get a 68 or 67 but let's not go there. I'd be happy with this.

So if a 70 pops or a low COA# happens I'd be ecstatic. So in the end not being able to get an ERP from the mint will work out OK. So what do all you veterans think. Feedback appreciated.

• Options

I think you did well to jump on it as early as you did. Now the price of a sealed box is prohibitive (unless, and only unless, you happen to get a golden ticket. If you get a 70 grade with a regular coa, it would be a wash after all costs (grading fees, ebay and paypal fees) and a loss altogether (at this juncture---current pricing) if you got a 69 or less. Most of the sealed boxes I've seen recently have been opened and re-sealed anyway (at least that's how they appear to me) so PCGS wouldn't give it a first strike designation. good luck on your grade and coa...hope you get the best of everything! keep us informed.

• Options

@GiveMeProof said:
    I never intend to flip this coin ... So I figure worst case scenario I get a 69 with an unremarkable COA# which leaves me with about or a little better than a break-even situation

If you never intend to flip, then why are you concerned with value of what you have at this moment in time? 🤔

• Options
    ChrisH821ChrisH821 Posts: 6,399 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congrats on the strong sale @gluggo!

Collector, occasional seller

• Options
    blu62vetteblu62vette Posts: 11,902 ✭✭✭✭✭

The buyer of mine seemed really excited and happy. At some point there are just not enough buyers of signed ones at current prices.

@Onedollarnohollar said:
    The sales for the signed COA's aren't moving right now. Is anyone tracking these?

http://www.bluccphotos.com" target="new">BluCC Photos Shows for onsite imaging: Nov Baltimore, FUN, Long Beach http://www.facebook.com/bluccphotos" target="new">BluCC on Facebook
  • Options

@ChrisH821 said:
    Congrats on the strong sale @gluggo!

Thank you much I was a bit taken back as high as it went but I was not going to complain. It’s on its way to DC. Hopefully it will have a safe delivery to the new owners. I hope they enjoy it and brings them as much happiness as it did me! ;)

• Options
    tander123tander123 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭

So is it too late to submit sealed boxes for first strike.

Excellent BST board members who complete their deals: WONDERCOIN, DABIGKAHUNA, GEMSTATECOINS, FIVECENTS, SILVEREAGLES92, NEWMISMATIST, GTOster, SCHMITZ7,
  • Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 24, 2019 4:13PM

No.
    Some may say in the end it doesn’t matter, but I wonder if PCGS has refused any “re-sealed” boxes that are out of the initial 30 day first strike designation?

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options
    GiveMeProofGiveMeProof Posts: 569 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 24, 2019 12:24AM

@ɹoʇɔǝlloɔ said:

@GiveMeProof said:
    I never intend to flip this coin ... So I figure worst case scenario I get a 69 with an unremarkable COA# which leaves me with about or a little better than a break-even situation

If you never intend to flip, then why are you concerned with value of what you have at this moment in time? 🤔

I guess I'm just trying to rationalize the money I spent on a $69 coin. With a signed COA it would be pretty cool to say I own a $10,000 coin.

I'm in the QA stage. Probably have to wait till after Christmas for results. Tried to post the actual image with no success. Any tips?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file