Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

"Official" I got the "Golden Ticket" enhanced reverse proof silver eagle COA thread

12345679»

Comments

• Options
    GluggoGluggo Posts: 3,566 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good luck Givemeproof maybe you get #0000001 since I don’t think anybody claimed it yet.👌

• Options
    GiveMeProofGiveMeProof Posts: 569 ✭✭✭✭

@Gluggo said:
    Good luck Givemeproof maybe you get #0000001 since I don’t think anybody claimed it yet.👌

Anything is possible, thanks Gluggo.

• Options
    ɹoʇɔǝlloɔɹoʇɔǝlloɔ Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭✭✭

@GiveMeProof said:
    I guess I'm just trying to rationalize the money I spent on a $69 coin. With a signed COA it would be pretty cool to say I own a $10,000 coin.

I'm in the QA stage. Probably have to wait till after Christmas for results.

Righton - it would be fun to have one of those - good luck - I'm also in QA limbo atm 😬

• Options
    OnedollarnohollarOnedollarnohollar Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭

good luck with your submission. we all were once at that stage of uncertainty, will it be a 70 and will I get THE golden ticket??? I did get a 70 but not the COA of dreams.

now, my son just surprised me with another one of these silver eagles for Christmas that he got on release day (he lied and said he got shut out). we opened the box to check the coa but no luck with getting a signed one. the coin, through my loupe, looks like it could go 70 but I'm unsure of how to submit it. will PCGS give it a first strike with coa numbered label or will they just grade the coin without any special label available? I'll be calling them soon to see what they advise.

• Options

You opened the box and its past the 16th so i don't think you can get first strike nor the COA number on the coin slab.

• Options

WTF man? My first ever submission and I get this? The odds of getting a 68 are so low. First I couldn't get one from the mint now this? Only hope now is a low COA# and I'm not holding my breath. Man, big disappointment. As someone else here likes to say "I'll stop whining now".

• Options
    MgarmyMgarmy Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

@GiveMeProof said:
    WTF man? My first ever submission and I get this? The odds of getting a 68 are so low. First I couldn't get one from the mint now this? Only hope now is a low COA# and I'm not holding my breath. Man, big disappointment. As someone else here likes to say "I'll stop whining now".

Oh man that sucks. Carefully crack and resend? Tough to believe with the number of 70’s that any are popping 68. Would love for them to include some reasons why on the submission response just so it does not seem AS subjective

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

• Options

Getting a 68 on one of these is an appropriate reason to whine especially if you had to pay the premium to get one. I would be ticked.

• Options

I jokingly made a comment about a 67 or 68 in my OP, never EVER thinking I would get one. Guess I put the "whammy" on it. Well there's still the COA. Maybe I'll get 12345 or 06969 or 0u812. Well I really wanted one of these coins and I got one, at a serious premium. That's ok, my 68 is rarer than your 70, na na na na na. I'll let you all know when I get my COA#.

• Options
    GoldminersGoldminers Posts: 3,649 ✭✭✭✭✭

If you crack it out and in the process you get another tiny mark on it, it will come back a PR67 and you will have the rarest population 1 of them all ;)

• Options

I'm looking forward to hearing about your COA. Hopefully a signed one. Good luck!
    t

• Options
    edited December 28, 2019 2:22AM

Thank you Dollar, can't get much worse. They now say it shipped. Left CA on it's way to CT.

• Options
    jwittenjwitten Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭✭✭

I sold all 16 of mine without grading... should have graded, darn it. My cousin got one and opened his, not knowing it needed to be sealed to get the COA number on the holder, etc. I sent his in, and the grade just popped... 70! I thought I saw a small speck, so was expecting a 69. I tried to have the COA slabbed/number on the holder.. lets see what they do!

• Options

@jwitten said:
    I sold all 16 of mine without grading... should have graded, darn it. My cousin got one and opened his, not knowing it needed to be sealed to get the COA number on the holder, etc. I sent his in, and the grade just popped... 70! I thought I saw a small speck, so was expecting a 69. I tried to have the COA slabbed/number on the holder.. lets see what they do!

Interesting COA# or just want them paired up?

• Options
    edited December 28, 2019 1:47AM

Well I certainly didn't get the golden ticket:

• Options

Why did it say it had to approve my screenshot?

• Options
    edited December 28, 2019 2:20AM

Two schmucks on E-bay trying to sell 68's, good luck. The NGC guy is claiming undergraded.

• Options

25877 guess the dies were worn out.

• Options

COA #'s were not matched with time of strike. My COA 275xx got a PR70.

• Options
    jwittenjwitten Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭✭✭

@GiveMeProof said:

@jwitten said:

Interesting COA# or just want them paired up?

Just a normal COA, but I think it will be worth having them matched up in the long run.

• Options
    ZoinsZoins Posts: 34,110 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jwitten said:
    It's funny, he calls it coin "#6" in his ebay post. But really, it's number 7,070. (he was 6th in line)

I still think it would be great for PCGS to slab these. Anyone hear of any info on this?

• Options

@coinnoob782 said:
    COA #'s were not matched with time of strike. My COA 275xx got a PR70.

I know man, I was just venting. Coin should arrive Monday by 8PM EST. Can't wait to visually inspect. I know they say "weak strike" could cause a 68, what else, scratches? I have a PF70 Pride I will compare it to.

• Options

@GiveMeProof said:

Can't wait to visually inspect. I know they say "weak strike" could cause a 68, what else, scratches? I have a PF70 Pride I will compare it to.

Go to Coin Facts, enter PCGS #807000. It will show close-ups of 3- 70's, but below it says view more images. You will see a bunch of 69-s. Look at the proof parts of the flag draped over Liberty in the leg areas and on the reverse shiny shield for any kind of visible marks, white specks or haze when you zoom in close. That will give you a better idea of what to look for on the 68 you received.

Also, there is a graded 67 now, so look on the bright side, it could have been worse.

• Options
    edited December 29, 2019 7:33PM

Thanks Gold, I will.

The large PF70 on that first page looks like it has speckles and a scratch on the stripe just over the 19 on the date. And the stripe to the right has a scratch, no? My 68 is gonna look like crap.

• Options

I'll bet by the naked eye you won't see any major difference between your 68 and a 70. the ticks will be so minor, only noticed under magnification. I might have missed it but did you get this coin at the time of release 11/14 or did you buy it at a premium after the release?

• Options
    edited December 30, 2019 12:59PM

@Onedollarnohollar said:
    I'll bet by the naked eye you won't see any major difference between your 68 and a 70. the ticks will be so minor, only noticed under magnification.

I have looked at thousands of modern silver coins. And I agree with you a 68 is almost always a very nice looking coin in hand. I tend to collect mostly 70's in modern issues, but I always look in different light, natural, fluorescent, even black light sometimes and with 4 or 6 magnification to try to see what the graders saw when I get a 69 or 68 back.

It is a very rare day that I can't see the flaw or two when I really look for them. It helps me learn from my many mistakes. Insider2 on this forum has put out a lot of exceptional information on grading and what to look for that has been very helpful to me and many others.

The economic mind plays tricks, if you don't want to see the flaw, then sometimes you just might not see it the first time.

• Options

I might have missed it but did you get this coin at the time of release 11/14 or did you buy it at a premium after the release?

I bought it 11/18, a sealed box for $779.99. It was a reputable dealer and it WAS a sealed box as they slabbed the COA.

• Options
    KkathylKkathyl Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 31, 2019 3:05AM

Mine had number COA but number

Best place to buy !
    Bronze Associate member

• Options

"I bought it 11/18, a sealed box for $779.99. It was a reputable dealer and it WAS a sealed box as they slabbed the COA."

well, then, you're not upside down on the value of your coin if you sell it on the bst.

and still coa #00001 evades us. where, oh where fore art thou?

• Options

my 2 finally got results posted --- 70 w/ #29XXX & a 69 w/ #18XXX ... was hoping for 2 × 70s and maybe, just maybe, #00001, but no cigar --- happy to have a couple of these to hold onto tho 🙌

• Options
    MgarmyMgarmy Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congrats on one 70 at least. I will be submitting two in original box next week plus I have a 69 already so hoping for at least one 70

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

• Options

@Mgarmy said:
    Congrats on one 70 at least. I will be submitting two in original box next week plus I have a 69 already so hoping for at least one 70

Good luck ✨

• Options

@Goldminers said:

@Onedollarnohollar said:
    I'll bet by the naked eye you won't see any major difference between your 68 and a 70. the ticks will be so minor, only noticed under magnification.

I have looked at thousands of modern silver coins. And I agree with you a 68 is almost always a very nice looking coin in hand. I tend to collect mostly 70's in modern issues, but I always look in different light, natural, fluorescent, even black light sometimes and with 4 or 6 magnification to try to see what the graders saw when I get a 69 or 68 back.

I picked up my 68 at the PO today and with the naked eye it is a beautiful coin. Under a pretty strong magnifier with LED light, I can see that all of the fields are perfectly clear. But under the strong magnification I can see several very small scratches, one right on the breast plate of Lady Liberty. I guess it's a 68, but what do I know.

• Options

glad you can enjoy the coin in spite of its minor flaws.

• Options

@Onedollarnohollar said:
    glad you can enjoy the coin in spite of its minor flaws.

Yes I can, thank you Dollar.

• Options
    JimTylerJimTyler Posts: 3,166 ✭✭✭✭✭

OGP is doing better on ebay than PCGS 69. Crack out your 68 put it back in OGP.

• Options

crack it out is a dangerous operation. you could cause more harm than good. it's up to you if you think you have the expertise to pull it off but it would scare me enough not to do it. I'm sure there are other collectors here that have more qualified opinions than mine so I'll leave it to them for further advice.

• Options
    JimTylerJimTyler Posts: 3,166 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wire cutters at the edge catch the raised rim and it will crack across the holder comes apart in 2 pieces slide the coin out. Bobs your uncle.

• Options

_"Wire cutters at the edge catch the raised rim and it will crack across the holder comes apart in 2 pieces slide the coin out." _

sounds simple enough. good luck givemeproof if you crack and re-submit.

• Options

I think I'll leave well enough alone. Like you said Dollar, might do more harm than good. I've come to terms with what I got and at this point I'm just happy to have one.

• Options
    privatecoinprivatecoin Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yep prices are starting to drop a lot especially on 69's.

Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value. Zero. Voltaire. Ebay coinbowlllc

• Options
    edited January 7, 2020 1:19PM

COA #98 surfaced today on Ebay, housed in an NGC pf70 slab. Wants just under $17k for it. I don't know if people are still paying this large a premium anymore for the signed coa's. I have it on my watch list though. Too much for me to spend but still think they're special. Sales on the coins themselves have held steady with an uptick in asking prices. We'll see within a month or so, now that the holidays have passed and spending money will be more available, where these go and how they trend one way or the other.

• Options

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2019-S-ENHANCED-REVERSE-PROOF-SILVER-EAGLE-PCGS-PR70-SIGNED-COA-00003/392648238683?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Ok, #00003 has now surfaced. still waiting for #1 .. these signed coa's are not such a hot commodity lately, have been following/watching several of them. Maybe the excitement is wearing off ?

• Options
    Insider2Insider2 Posts: 14,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 21, 2020 1:37PM

EDIT: o:)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file