Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

"Official" I got the "Golden Ticket" enhanced reverse proof silver eagle COA thread

Comments

• Options
    amwldcoinamwldcoin Posts: 11,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

Damn!

@Onedollarnohollar said:
    well, that raw coin and signed coa sold on ebay for 10k! coincidentally, my package just arrived about 10 minutes ago. I'm so tempted to open it up...I will think about it overnight, but wow, what a decision

• Options
    GluggoGluggo Posts: 3,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 23, 2019 6:24PM

21 EBAY sales going from $60,000.00 down to $9000.00!!!!! We’re RICH!!!!!!!
    And there just normal ones in hand!!!!!! :p:p:p

I am going down To my local car dealership and get me a New Dodge Charger with the BIGGEST V8 Engine!!!!!

• Options
    TetromibiTetromibi Posts: 947 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 23, 2019 6:51PM

@Onedollarnohollar said:
    well, that raw coin and signed coa sold on ebay for 10k! coincidentally, my package just arrived about 10 minutes ago. I'm so tempted to open it up...I will think about it overnight, but wow, what a decision

No, the coin sold for $4500....still a nice profit.

I wonder what the number would have been if it was a pcgs slabbed signed COA set.

• Options
    OnedollarnohollarOnedollarnohollar Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 24, 2019 5:46AM

"I wonder what the number would have been if it was a pcgs slabbed signed COA set"

we shall soon see. two listed now on Ebay , Baltimore slabbed PCGS pf70 with a Baltimore signed COA. for 22k and 19.5k respectively. of course the COA isn't one of the 100 randomly inserted "golden tickets" but it will give us a little glimpse into what these will do at auction. I decided to send mine in (received yesterday) so I'll know in a few weeks if I got lucky.

• Options
    edited November 24, 2019 2:28PM

@PRIZ430 said:

32 just appeared on Ebay...asking 22,000.00...Funny thing is...if you check the sellers completed auctions, you can see they sold twice into the price rise...I am sure they canceled both sales and now when their coin arrived, they opened it and found a signed COA

getting exciting!

• Options
    SweetpieSweetpie Posts: 466 ✭✭✭

@Onedollarnohollar said:
    @PRIZ430 said:

32 just appeared on Ebay...asking 22,000.00...Funny thing is...if you check the sellers completed auctions, you can see they sold twice into the price rise...I am sure they canceled both sales and now when their coin arrived, they opened it and found a signed COA

getting exciting!

I wondered if the previous 2 cancelled buyers have any legs in a potential lawsuit.

• Options
    edited November 24, 2019 10:00PM

2019 RPASE Baltimores Signed Certificate

I was not able to copy the link I only have pictures. Talk about insanity!

Here is one the bid is up to $6,100.00 with 46 people watching. Must be dealer who must of had a good connection of at least 8 people in line. I see there were 46 graded not sure if he graded all of them bulk grading. This is where the Criminal Act takes place.

I imagine he paid them good. But then who lives close to Baltimore. But he is doing well, maybe have the FBI pay him a visit for a interview probably well connected. Maybe give him Immunity right off the bat if talks. Go for the big fish! Mr Ryder??????

Population 46 how many did it take to get 46?
    300? Did he get 300 of them to bulk grading? Let’s call the Crime Hot Line!,,,

RARE COLLECTABLES OUT OF IRONIA, NEW JERSEY. Anybody know him here? Don’t lie now?

• Options

Gadzooks! I'm moving to Baltimore!

• Options

seeing very few of the signed COA's being reported. where are they? I'm hoping my coin comes back from PCGS graded with a proof 70, has the signed COA, and is serial #00001. how's that for a dream scenario?

• Options
    ifthevamzarockinifthevamzarockin Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭✭✭

#50 on ebay $15,000 obo

• Options

@ifthevamzarockin said:
    #50 on ebay $15,000 obo

Here is the picture I was just going to post and I see you wer here! :D

• Options

did it sell for 15K?

• Options
    jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,065 ✭✭✭✭✭

How can any grading company guarantee the COAs don’t get swapped out in house? Seems like an easy task with a huge upside...

• Options

How can any grading company guarantee the COAs don’t get swapped out in house? Seems like an easy task with a huge upside...

I've never seen the inner workings of PCGS' grading center but I have to believe the security systems would help prevent theft or switching coa's. I also believe that PCGS hires people of integrity, after all their very reputation depends on it. I just joined and submitted my ERP for grading. I trust that all will be on the up and up. Perhaps someone else here has a deeper knowledge of their inner workings and can speak to the precautions they take and who handles the product as it goes through their offices.

• Options
    edited November 26, 2019 8:43PM

I am going out on a limb here to say that I bet every station of handlers is working under some sort of Surveillance Camera’s just like they are in Las Vegas. I am sure many of them the coins they handle are worth much more that the Artificiality Inflated COA Prices.
    Tomorrow I am going to call into Customer Service providing I have FREE TIME DURING WORK HOURS and find out!!!! There is NO Surveillance where I work. That’s what locks are for and I keep my tools under lock and key. B)

• Options
    philographerphilographer Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sigh. Now we have to deal with the conspiracy theorists on COAs being switched. I swear.

He who knows he has enough is rich.

• Options

#40 Just popped up for $17,500 obo.

• Options
    jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,065 ✭✭✭✭✭

@philographer said:
    Sigh. Now we have to deal with the conspiracy theorists on COAs being switched. I swear.

I could have started a new thread about it.

I have no idea how any of the grading companies work. I imagine all the grading companies hire extremely reputable people and have sufficient security given the items that come through.

I’m just wondering. Sorry if it wasn’t a sensible question.

• Options

PCGS would not ruin their reputation over a silly little piece of paper.
    Safety & security measures are in place.

• Options
    edited November 26, 2019 11:15PM

@jessewvu said:

@philographer said:

I’m just wondering. Sorry if it wasn’t a sensible question.

Where I come from there is NO dumb question. Unless your of the mind set to just shut up and don’t ask questions . If we were all Comrads yes then maybe we need to grab those people asking questions and send them to the Re-Education Camp where we might be able to make them whole again. After all we don’t want to embarrass those up high and in Command.
    It’s clear no one has come forward and given us CONCRETE FACTUAL ANSWERS. Maybe we can find some tomorrow fellow COMRADS!

Ohhhh sorry watch Chernobyl on HBO. The EXPLOSION of a RBMK-type nuclear Reactor in Ukraine. From this Accident there were safety upgrades to the other Soviet designed RBMK reactors of which 10 of those reactors continue to be operational in 3019. Of which there were fewer than 100 deaths, with over 500,000 personnel involved in the decontamination efforts of the surroundings. An estimated cost of over 68 Billion US dollars. By the way that never really happened.

• Options

Just got graded back from NGC, one of them graded a 69 but is COA number 340. Is there any premium to this due to the lower COA number? How much would I expect for it?

• Options

I'm not sure if there's any premium for a plain coa no matter the number. if you're going to sell it make sure you take a pic of the coa to see what buyers will think. good luck

• Options

@Onedollarnohollar said:
    I'm not sure if there's any premium for a plain coa no matter the number. if you're going to sell it make sure you take a pic of the coa to see what buyers will think. good luck

I got the addition of the COA number being added to the slab as well as having the COA slabbed along with the coin. Not sure if that changes it

• Options

@Butteredfatkid said:
    Just got graded back from NGC, one of them graded a 69 but is COA number 340. Is there any premium to this due to the lower COA number? How much would I expect for it?

That is a nice low number though. Make sure to post a picture of both if you get a chance. I have not seen a real final picture from NGC. TYIA

• Options
    3stars3stars Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭✭✭

Be glad it's not number 101 - so close yet so far. Still probably has a premium though...

Previous transactions: Wondercoin, goldman86, dmarks, Type2
  • Options
    SONOMOSCASONOMOSCA Posts: 405 ✭✭✭

Coa #101 might not be so bad. Maybe PCGS could make a special "On the bubble" label for it?

@3stars said:
    Be glad it's not number 101 - so close yet so far. Still probably has a premium though...

BST transactions - Wondercoin, SNMAN , Mb423, Timbuk3
  • Options

Who gets #01 Mr RYDER?

• Options
    jwittenjwitten Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would pay a slight premium for 340. Just because I am a MOPAR fan and that is one of the engines :D I would imagine certain numbers may bring a slight premium, but nothing like 1-100. Number 30,000 might be kind of cool.

• Options

"Who gets #01 Mr RYDER?"

Who gets #100?

• Options
    engmticengmtic Posts: 107 ✭✭

Just got back my grades :'(

2/5 70
    3/5 69

Was expecting the inverse.
    Are the images visible online before I get them in the mail?

• Options

I've only got one in for grading (won't know the results for about two weeks) my guess is 50/50 chance at a 70 so your percentage isn't bad. Certainly looking at a monster payday when you sell them.

• Options

@Onedollarnohollar said:
    I've only got one in for grading (won't know the results for about two weeks) my guess is 50/50 chance at a 70 so your percentage isn't bad. Certainly looking at a monster payday when you sell them.

Yes, If only I hadnt cheaply presold :'(

• Options

@engmtic said:

@Onedollarnohollar said:

Yes, If only I hadnt cheaply presold :'(

Congrats on the 2 two 70’s!!!!!
    Well the rest are for free if you got them on the mint prices. The 69s are getting 1100.00 on Efay
    Make sure to share a picture when you get yours. TYIA

• Options

"Yes, If only I hadnt cheaply presold :'("

hopefully you still make a sweet profit. There are so many re-listed on ebay that were sold and cancelled. I refuse to buy from anyone who did that and applaud you for honoring you pre-sale deals.

• Options
    edited November 27, 2019 3:15PM

@Butteredfatkid said:

Hey look L&C sold one as a low COA got an extra $300.00 for $1400.00. And it sold!

Yours is even lower nice job!

• Options
    jwittenjwitten Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭✭✭

I did not send any in for grading because I thought it would take forever. What kind of turnaround are yall seeing, and what service did you pick? Last time I sent a coin in, it took well over a week just for it to get scanned in.

• Options

I sent mine in and paid the standard fee (about a two week turnaround and more insurance value) . It just arrived at their facility yesterday but hasn't moved forward yet toward grading. There doesn't seem to be a rush to get it to Ebay because every day they move upwards in value. I don't think the bubble will burst any time soon and especially for graded coins. Of course the super return would be if it came back as a 70 and had a signed COA. Not holding my breath, but one can dream can't they?

• Options
    edited November 27, 2019 4:30PM

He sold his for $1306.00 not bad for raw. How much do you think it’s worth? We know if he bought it from the mint he only paid $70.00. 3 bids only. But 2 of them were experienced bidders feedback rate of over 6,627 and 12,849.

• Options
    edited November 27, 2019 4:41PM

@jwitten said:
    I did not send any in for grading because I thought it would take forever. What kind of turnaround are yall seeing, and what service did you pick? Last time I sent a coin in, it took well over a week just for it to get scanned in.

I sent mine in a 2 day delivery. Got there in 1.5 days and they notified me same day. Took about 2 days and they moved it to grading status. Been about 2 or 3 days now. I think I went modern service 15 to 20 days but seems like there getting them open. Maybe it’s fun for them to see if there is a signed COA. But now that it’s Thanksgiving I imagine it’s going to slow till Monday. Just a guess. I was excited that they are slabing the piece of paper and linking the coin number to it. That’s the only reason I sent mine in. Not really expecting a 70 I never really get them.

But I ordered all the Bells and Whistles, GOLD SHIELD, FIRST STRIKE. If only they let us get the First Day of Issue but that is RESERVED for only the BIG BOYS. This time I could not look at it, probably got a big carbon spot on it ! ☺️ Just kidding but that happened to one member here.

• Options

Mine was processed Friday and Grades released today. Express Service.
    But I have another 2 submissions - one is moving at same pace, one was received Monday but not in system yet.

• Options

@Gluggo said:

He sold his for $1306.00 not bad for raw. How much do you think it’s worth? We know if he bought it from the mint he only paid $70.00. 3 bids only. But 2 of them were experienced bidders feedback rate of over 6,627 and 12,849.

There were 7+ that sold for 1400+ today
    Recently an auction ended @ $1453. So Id say no premium for him

• Options

every day another $100 increment upwards. where's the ceiling?

• Options

@Tetromibi said:

Does this mean I think it means?

Thanks for posting. I wasnt aware I could check already.
    I got # 123
    I wonder if that will get any interest. :#

• Options

@Tetromibi said:

Does this mean I think it means?

So your wondering if yours is #016? If true that I very low number. Congrats😉

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file