Home U.S. Coin Forum

2019 American Eagle One Ounce Silver Enhanced Reverse Proof Coin (19XE) Currently unavailable

Comments

• GluggoGluggo Posts: 3,566 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just think until the first 10 SIGNED COA’s are not accounted for this crazyiness will continue in my opinion. Now if I can just get one of the top ten! o:)

• jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 33,503 ✭✭✭✭✭

@7Jaguars said:
    Amen, I really DO NOT GET THIS COA MADNESS. The COAs are not tied to order of strike, and have NO correlation whatever. Also, the Mint Director (God Bless Him) is nobody special - certainly not a celebrity, and so NO value should be attributed to it.

I really don't get this at all, it seems to be a case of PERCEIVED importance with no REAL value.

Well, to be fair, there are collectors of all kinds of signed slabs. If someone wants to spend $10k on one, it is worth $10k. If you want to believe there is NO value, go ahead. Market says your wrong.

Do you think a JFK autograph has value? What about Sylvester Stallone? Gordon Sundland?

I'm not saying I would pay anything for it. But I wouldn't argue it has no value since the market has freely assigned it a value.

• GoldminersGoldminers Posts: 3,794 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Gluggo said:
    Just think until the first 10 SIGNED COA’s are not accounted for this crazyiness will continue in my opinion. Now if I can just get one of the top ten! o:)

Just one chance of 3,000 to be in the top ten. That would be a very lucky day for sure.

• BigABigA Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 4, 2019 10:25AM

@7Jaguars said:
    Amen, I really DO NOT GET THIS COA MADNESS. The COAs are not tied to order of strike, and have NO correlation whatever. Also, the Mint Director (God Bless Him) is nobody special - certainly not a celebrity, and so NO value should be attributed to it.

I really don't get this at all, it seems to be a case of PERCEIVED importance with no REAL value.

All value is "perceived" by the buyer.... for the ERP the above would also apply to First Strike and FDI and Baltimore Show etc....

It is valued at whatever someone will pay....

• MorganMan94MorganMan94 Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Goldminers said:

@Gluggo said:

Just one chance of 3,000 to be in the top ten. That would be a very lucky day for sure.

One in 300.

• TetromibiTetromibi Posts: 947 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MorganMan94 said:

@Goldminers said:

@Gluggo said:

One in 300.

One in 3000 for the first ten signed that he mentioned.

• EggerEgger Posts: 418 ✭✭

@MorganMan94 said:

@Goldminers said:

@Gluggo said:

One in 300.

more like 1 in 255 for a signature (500 at Baltimore ) 1 in 2550 for sigs 1-10

• OPAOPA Posts: 17,118 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Hemispherical said:

@Gluggo said:

@Hemispherical said:
    Where’s the one sold for 10k+? Low SN and signed COA with FS.

Bid is still going till tonight.

Up to $12,501.00

All the works done (slabbed, FS, 70) with this one. The signed low # COA is a plus. Now to see what the market really wants to pay.

It's over $13k with about 6 hrs to go.

"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • cameonut2011cameonut2011 Posts: 10,112 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

@7Jaguars said:

Well, to be fair, there are collectors of all kinds of signed slabs. If someone wants to spend $10k on one, it is worth $10k. If you want to believe there is NO value, go ahead. Market says your wrong.

Do you think a JFK autograph has value? What about Sylvester Stallone? Gordon Sundland?

I'm not saying I would pay anything for it. But I wouldn't argue it has no value since the market has freely assigned it a value.

I think the market spoke loudly regarding the 2013 gold Kennedy half dollar coins. This is merely a reprise at least when it comes to convention labels and "COA rarity" (I can't believe I'm even saying this).

@cameonut2011 said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@7Jaguars said:

I think the market spoke loudly regarding the 2013 gold Kennedy half dollar coins. This is merely a reprise at least when it comes to convention labels and "COA rarity" (I can't believe I'm even saying this).

Maybe. There are a lot of labels including some of the signature labels that do continue to carry a premium. For me, personally, they are uninteresting. But people buy what they buy.

• RichRRichR Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 4, 2019 3:05PM

RE the gold Kennedy price action...the gold Kennedy was a gimmick that wasn't a smooth fit into the larger silver/clad Kennedy series...in fact, it was an extraneous, non essential part that tens (or hundreds?) of thousands of collectors felt was non essential to keeping their sets complete.

However, with only 30k of these Eagles in the wild...there are definitely many more collectors chasing too few coins...so that should provide significant price support going forward. They may cool and decline somewhat over time (or not)...but only time will tell.

• VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭✭✭

@RichR said:
    RE the gold Kennedy price action...the gold Kennedy was a gimmick that wasn't a smooth fit into the larger silver/clad Kennedy series...in fact, it was an extraneous, non essential part that tens (or hundreds?) of thousands of collectors felt was non essential to keeping their sets complete.

However, with only 30k of these Eagles in the wild...there are definitely many more collectors chasing too few coins...so that should provide significant price support going forward. They may cool and decline somewhat over time (or not)...but only time will tell.

It would be interesting to know how many people have complete sets of ASEs and need this coin for that reason. My guess is it's way under 30k and probably not even 15k.

A (relative) handful of people have driven the price of far above what long term "real demand" could ever sustain.

It won't take that long to see a crash. 6 months tops.

Auction closed at: US $14,001.00 ( For label # 16)
    Label #1 might might just sell for? $000,000. ;)

• MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,323 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ok, How many of you are keeping one aside, sealed, just for the hell of it?
    Rather than grading or selling, for instance.

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • DeloreanDelorean Posts: 470 ✭✭✭

@MilesWaits said:

I am. Keeping it sealed and see where these go, many peeps out there might want to take a chance at getting that golden ticket.

Chuck,

Ever Onward

@VanHalen said:

@RichR said:

It would be interesting to know how many people have complete sets of ASEs and need this coin for that reason. My guess is it's way under 30k and probably not even 15k.

A (relative) handful of people have driven the price of far above what long term "real demand" could ever sustain.

I think you are grossly underestimating the number ASE collectors. Who do you think buys the 400,000 regular proofs every year? Non-collectors?

@MasonG said:

@jmlanzaf said:
    Who do you think buys the 400,000 regular proofs every year? Non-collectors?

Bots. Lots and lots of bots.

oh, yes. I forgot.

Until this issue, I never realized how many coin collectors also collected tin foil hats.

• RodebaughRodebaugh Posts: 304 ✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

@VanHalen said:

@RichR said:

I think you are grossly underestimating the number ASE collectors. Who do you think buys the 400,000 regular proofs every year? Non-collectors?

IRA eligible ;)

Now that the sale is over WHAT DO WE DO NOW? :(

• BackroadJunkieBackroadJunkie Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Egger said:

@MorganMan94 said:

@Goldminers said:

@Gluggo said:

One in 300.

Seems to me in the strictest terms, the Baltimore signatures are PMD. (Are Baltimore sigs getting a premium? I haven't followed the... folly. :)) 1 though 100 are legit, they were signed and packaged with the coin before they left San Francisco (or at least the assembly facility, which may be in Memphis...)

The Baltimore signatures shouldn't be counted in the number of "officially" signed CoA's.

IIRC, autographed sports cards are generally worth less than an undamaged one, but if it came from the factory that way, they were worth a premium...

@Rodebaugh said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@VanHalen said:

@RichR said:

IRA eligible ;)

Worst... Investment... Ever...

(Okay, maybe tulips would be worse than proof ASE's in an IRA. :D )

• ParadisefoundParadisefound Posts: 8,588 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wished I could fast forward a decade or so and see where and how this ends :/ the '95s is so out of reach :#
    Should've Would've get a set and ended up with free gold and then some :|

@Gluggo said:

The Pennsylvania Reverse Proof Innobuck goes on sale today!

Can't you just feel the excitement in the air?

BWAhahahahaha....

• blu62vetteblu62vette Posts: 11,905 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Egger said:

@MorganMan94 said:

@Goldminers said:

@Gluggo said:

One in 300.

There were not 500 signature in baltimore, max of maybe 150 possible, who know how many of those had it done.

http://www.bluccphotos.com" target="new">BluCC Photos Shows for onsite imaging: Nov Baltimore, FUN, Long Beach http://www.facebook.com/bluccphotos" target="new">BluCC on Facebook

@BackroadJunkie said:

@Rodebaugh said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@VanHalen said:

@RichR said:

IRA eligible ;)

Worst... Investment... Ever...

(Okay, maybe tulips would be worse than proof ASE's in an IRA. :D )

LOL. Depends on when you bought the tulip bulbs. ;)

I imagine at least 99.9999% of ASE's in IRAs are UNCs not Proofs.

@BackroadJunkie said:

@Gluggo said:

The Pennsylvania Reverse Proof Innobuck goes on sale today!

Can't you just feel the excitement in the air?

BWAhahahahaha....

In for at least one. I like the designs, themes & somewhat lower mintage.

• JimTylerJimTyler Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 5, 2019 5:17AM

I'm surprised by all the single digit post count here and single digit ( very many zero) feedback on eBay have these for sale. How did all these people who had no previous history in coins ( or eBay selling) find out about this ?

• 7Jaguars7Jaguars Posts: 7,406 ✭✭✭✭✭

I also doubt the total number of collectors of complete sets as above. I do not know of ANY, including me - even though I have all of the scarcer types/varietals.
    If we see the 95W as the real "choke point", which IMO it certainly is, then just how many are stuck in the 5 coin sets that are NOT held by SAE collectors? How many are held by people with just a few SAEs.

Love that Milled British (1830-1960)
    Well, just Love coins, period.
  • ECHOESECHOES Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭✭✭

Missed the last two days checking the USM in the morning.
    Anyone still checking?

~HABE FIDUCIAM IN DOMINO III V VI / III XVI~
    POST NUBILA PHOEBUS / AFTER CLOUDS, SUN
    Love for Music / Collector of Dreck

An even more relevant question in regards to the early morning RP potential scores, what is the last day someone remembers getting one? Other than Friday the 15th, after the opening day.

• RichRRichR Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭✭✭

I believe they were last available for a millisecond on Saturday 11/16

Fargin bots. I think they may have not been set up for the Friday. Hence, my score and a few others were able to also win that day.

• MasonGMasonG Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭✭✭

What's the problem with bots?

• HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ECHOES said:
    Missed the last two days checking the USM in the morning.
    Anyone still checking?

Yes. Checking other items, too. Habit.

@RichR said:
    I believe they were last available for a millisecond on Saturday 11/16

Agree.

• fox9487fox9487 Posts: 296 ✭✭✭

@MilesWaits said:
    Fargin bots. I think they may have not been set up for the Friday. Hence, my score and a few others were able to also win that day.

:smile:

Successful Transactions: Coinflip, bp777, firstspousecoins, Akbeez, jmlanzaf, JWP
  • mgkmgk Posts: 34 ✭✭

00075 PCGS 70

• @JimTyler said:
    I'm surprised by all the single digit post count here and single digit ( very many zero) feedback on eBay have these for sale. How did all these people who had no previous history in coins ( or eBay selling) find out about this ?

Well I play credit card tricks to get airline miles and points. Lots of cards give you bonuses when you sign up after spending $1k,$3k, $5k, etc. If you sign up for multiple cards it can then be hard to hit this required spending on your own. The mint is a nice venue because they frequently have releases you can flip and resell coins at a small profit to a reseller while racking up credit card spend to hit your bonus. PFS was then offering a ~$100 profit for this a week out, which was pretty substantial, especially as a % of the total spend. That put it on my radar. As it got closer, other buyers' groups increased their offers more and more.

@tymothy said:

@JimTyler said:

Well I play credit card tricks to get airline miles and points. Lots of cards give you bonuses when you sign up after spending $1k,$3k, $5k, etc. If you sign up for multiple cards it can then be hard to hit this required spending on your own. The mint is a nice venue because they frequently have releases you can flip and resell coins at a small profit to a reseller while racking up credit card spend to hit your bonus. PFS was then offering a ~$100 profit for this a week out, which was pretty substantial, especially as a % of the total spend. That put it on my radar. As it got closer, other buyers' groups increased their offers more and more.

I love those credit card games. I also hate myself for loving those credit card games. ;)

• @MilesWaits said:

Me, mainly out of lack of experience with grading. Also a bit of morbid curiosity as to where this goes. As things progress, sealed boxes become rarer and rarer. Until (COA # 1 primarily) all 100 signed COA's show up, I see the price continuing to rise. As soon as all 100 are accounted for I think the price will crash hard.

Just my inexperienced two cents.

Excellent transaction with: ffcoins, Proofmorgan, fivecents, MorganMan94

edited December 8, 2019 11:28AM

@MilesWaits said:

Okay so I only have 1 and it’s in grading.

As for the rest of my Silver Dollars I am going to slowly start selling them since spotting issues may arise . Mostly 2016 and 1027 PCGS and NGC. Rough guess over 200 of them. Stupid me I guess

Ohhh I wanted to tell you I seen a Black Label one for $4995.00 cant remember which dealer must of been APMEX but not positive.

• edgaredgar Posts: 886 ✭✭✭✭

@ballistic_kennedy said:

I see the price continuing to rise. As soon as all 100 are accounted for I think the price will crash hard.

I was kind of thinking the same..... but, I wonder if the mint will reveal COA numbers on unsalvageable returns or other spoilage. Then there are the lost/stolen items, never to be reported. I wonder which high value COAs will remain unreported.

not a conspiracy theory, I just doubt a report of 30,000 sold

(l8-)>>

@ballistic_kennedy said:

@MilesWaits said:

Me, mainly out of lack of experience with grading. Also a bit of morbid curiosity as to where this goes. As things progress, sealed boxes become rarer and rarer. Until (COA # 1 primarily) all 100 signed COA's show up, I see the price continuing to rise. As soon as all 100 are accounted for I think the price will crash hard.

Well the prices of raw and unopened boxes seem to be equalizing with a decent jump in both yesterday. They both are now around $1800 so those buying the Raw opened are buying the coin not the COA.....the low COA #'s will be worth more but the coin is the coin and I don't see any imminent "crashing"...leveling off definitely but I wouldn't call $1400-1500 a crash

L & C Coins has an interesting spin on certs. They are selling PF70 FS ERP's for $2700.....they have one with a "low" cert number of 645 for a grand more ...$3700.

At what point do certs become a non-factor? 700? 1000? 5000?

edited December 9, 2019 12:43PM

So "low" maybe is below 1000? Somehow I really don't see that as low.....maybe below 250-ish

Nice get on the $2701

edited December 9, 2019 1:29PM

Under $1600.00

69 or 70 what?

Doesn't show on any of my searches...what do you use for search criteria...and maybe that's why the low price

• OnedollarnohollarOnedollarnohollar Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭

I think I saw that and he had a proof 69 in the header and description of his auction with a proof 70 pictured..thought it was a little deceiving but no big deal. I'm pretty sure it is actually a proof 69 if it's the same listing I'm referring to.

Clarifying the low price now makes sense...but I still want to know the search criteria for future reference

• OnedollarnohollarOnedollarnohollar Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭

sometimes the simplest search is the best i.e. 2019 silver eagle proof, it will then list all categories including auctions for you to scroll through. just be aware that there are enhanced reverse eagles out there from the two coin set, pride of two nations, put out earlier in the year. I almost jumped on a couple of them at first because I thought I found a hidden deal. good luck in finding anything cheap nowadays.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file