Home U.S. Coin Forum

2019 s Silver Eagle Enhanced Reverse Proof - Post your guess for ebay prices 11/14

The 1995 W has similar mintage and it looks like the value is 2k plus... So even if you factor in silver eagle fatigue due to the mints
constant churning of new issues, I think it should still be around 1k... What do you guys think? Any reason this would not do that well?

I know there are a bunch of threads on this coin but this is price specific...

Comments

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I will try to get one out of the gate...though likely will not succeed....If not successful, I will wait until the flipping fever dies down.....Cheers, RickO

• Looks like current auctions sold are in the $500 range

• JimTylerJimTyler Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭✭✭

You giving something away ? 😁

• bragging rights B)

• trying to use crowd wisdom to see if i should lock in one of these offers to pre sell to or take the risk and hold on to it

@Hemispherical said:
    $65.95

You win

• 7over87over8 Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭

there will be a race to the bottom - starting at 500 and will land around 300. always happens.

• jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 31,614 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm guessing $500-$750 out of the gate dropping to $250-$500. I don't think it ever gets under $250.

Pre-selling today on eBay at $450 which is a net $400.

@engmtic said:
    trying to use crowd wisdom to see if i should lock in one of these offers to pre sell to or take the risk and hold on to it

It will likely never be worth more than the first couple months after issue.

Even the 1995-W has come down a LOT in the last couple of years. And the distribution fiasco around that issue cannot be compared to this issue.

• engmticengmtic Posts: 107 ✭✭
    edited November 10, 2019 10:26PM

@Hemispherical said:
    $65.95

@jmlanzaf said:

@engmtic said:
    trying to use crowd wisdom to see if i should lock in one of these offers to pre sell to or take the risk and hold on to it

Even the 1995-W has come down a LOT in the last couple of years. And the distribution fiasco around that issue cannot be compared to this issue.

The 1995 W has come down, granted, but still commands 2k I think, so why should this one only be worth less than 25% of that? Just curious as to your reasoning.. Is it because many of the 1995 w are stuck in the gold sets while these will be flipped more so more supply?

• davewesendavewesen Posts: 5,759 ✭✭✭✭✭

many raw presales for $900 and NGC 70s for $3500 have already sold

• HalfStrikeHalfStrike Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭

I wouldn't sell one at $500 or even $700.

• HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

@HalfStrike said:
    I wouldn't sell one at $500 or even $700.

What if you had two? :D:)

@davewesen said:
    many raw presales for $900 and NGC 70s for $3500 have already sold

Yesterday, all the presales raw I saw have been for under $500

@engmtic said:

@Hemispherical said:
    $65.95

@jmlanzaf said:

@engmtic said:

The 1995 W has come down, granted, but still commands 2k I think, so why should this one only be worth less than 25% of that? Just curious as to your reasoning.. Is it because many of the 1995 w are stuck in the gold sets while these will be flipped more so more supply?

The 95-W didn't come out of the gate at that price. Then it surged in price, up near $10k for 70s at one point. It has been trending down for a while. I actually turned down a 69 at $2700 just this weekend. They aren't the easy sell they once were.

Don't get me wrong, this could be a 1k+coin, but attitudes are a little different this time around. People are mad about the "artificial rarity". There will be an instant surge in flipping at elevated prices. 69s and 70s will probably be far more plentiful as Mint production quality has improved.

I don't have a crystal ball. This could be good for the market. It also could kill ASE's if people decide to turn up their nose at it and decide a complete set of ASEs is no longer achievable or desirable. It is likely going to be disruptive one way or the other.

Personally, I put out my bid on these. I'll get as many as I get. But if I have any left by Christmas, it's only because the market tanked.

• HalfStrikeHalfStrike Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭

The desperate ones sell now, then the real price will be established over time. Look at the prices for this coin after 10 years.

2008 w silver eagle reverse 2007

That had 47,000 coins released, and it is where this one is starting out already. 30,000 is much less. This coin is also selling 30,000 not due to low demand, but due to low supply. The 70 coins will be over $1500 so dealers will pay to get those.

edited November 11, 2019 10:13AM

@HalfStrike said:
    The desperate ones sell now, then the real price will be established over time. Look at the prices for this coin after 10 years.

That had 47,000 coins released, and it is where this one is starting out already. 30,000 is much less. This coin is also selling 30,000 not due to low demand, but due to low supply. The 70 coins will be over $1500 so dealers will pay to get those.

You would now be the first person expecting appreciation of a U.S. Mint product over 10 years. ;)

You are forgetting the "desperate" ones who need it for their registry set NOW, who won't wait 6 months or 10 years.

There is a tendency to get panicked buying more than panicked selling. If anything, people tend to hold too long, in my experience. I refer you to the Block Island quarters

• @HalfStrike said:

Good basis for comparison. I'm not so knowledgeable but there might be a difference (aside from mintage) in that the 2019 - s issue is an official part of the series as opposed to a variety. I assume (might be totally wrong here) completionists will need this issue but not necessarily want/need a variety/error.

• HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

“...who need it for their registry set NOW, who won't wait 6 months or 10 years.”

This.

Driving factor for many of the early sales, IMO... and those who have to have a complete collection NOW.

Additionally, with the registry and with all the ties, getting that certificate number in before others will solidify their placement on the registry by the time entered.

edited November 11, 2019 10:46AM

With offers to buy at $500 ( and I consider that a good offer) I know these guys ( on the dealer network) know more than me so they see the price going well over $500. With that said we ain't got coins yet.

• Coin FinderCoin Finder Posts: 6,944 ✭✭✭✭✭

The 95W used to be valued at a lot higher than it is now. It was the King for years.. I remember seeing them for 5K. Well, now that this new coin is going to be out in the world, the 95W prices have dropped. the 95W was only available in the 4 coin gold set for 1995 as I recall. So you had to pony up for the whole (5 coin) set to get it. Very speedy, thus the lower mintage.. Many sets were broken up, so the original unbroken set will still be a good one. This coin, I'm not sure about long term. It may be the first of many with similar mintages. It will be a flippers dream sort term. So good luck to all who try.

As a long time US mint subscriber, I will offer this advice.. Set up an account and go buy something cheap before the sale date. Make sure all your address and phone numbers and credit cards are spot on they way they want them. This will increase the speed at check out. The less time going through the screens the more likely you are to get one of these coins in the bag and order placed..

I sold a 95W for $400 and thought the guy was nuts ( it was a free coin).

edited November 11, 2019 3:00PM

TMI

• 7Jaguars7Jaguars Posts: 7,228 ✭✭✭✭✭

When I look at all the S and W coins in proof and "specimen", etc. out this year I think this one becomes a member of the whole clan. I agree with the 500 level however & hope as a COLLECTOR, non-flipper to get a single example.

Love that Milled British (1830-1960)
    Well, just Love coins, period.
    edited November 12, 2019 5:32AM

Prices trending downwards on ebay.. about 400-450 now for sold listings.
    And a TON of available listings! I dont remember **ever **this many "pre sales" 3 days before

@engmtic said:
    Prices trending downwards on ebay.. about 400-450 now for sold listings.
    And a TON of available listings! I dont remember **ever **this many "pre sales" 3 days before

It happens for big issues.

The interesting thing here is that, for the first time, the pre-sellers who get locked out of buying the coin will have to eat the PayPal fees on the cancellation of the order.

I'm surprised the people have dropped the price so much. It's one thing to be in a hurry to lock in a sale of an item you have. It's another to be desperate to lock in the price of an item you may have to cancel and eat the fees on.

Those are the real gamblers. There is no way to know how easy or hard it will be to get a 70. Remember the Block Island quarter fiasco.

• JBKJBK Posts: 14,640 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

For what it's worth, if you sold the 95W in 1995 for $400 and put the money in the stock market, the $400 is worth $3200 today and the 95W is only about $2k....

This is very sobering.

Between a friend and I we will try to get three, likely to keep only one. For me, a fast 300% profit is a better bet than waiting long term to see what happens.

Prices dropping until many presales go unfilled then prices rise to get live coins. Amounts are a variable. IMO

• 3stars3stars Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭✭✭

or artificial price manipulation - it pays for dealers to sell some low to set the new price level low so they can buy low. Or weak hands.

Previous transactions: Wondercoin, goldman86, dmarks, Type2

@3stars said:
    or artificial price manipulation - it pays for dealers to sell some low to set the new price level low so they can buy low. Or weak hands.

Those listings aren't dealers

• VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

Those are the real gamblers. There is no way to know how easy or hard it will be to get a 70. Remember the Block Island quarter fiasco.

If 70s turn out to be a high percentage of submissions do you think the price will be much lower?

@VanHalen said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@VanHalen said:

>

If 70s turn out to be a high percentage of submissions do you think the price will be much lower?

Probably

• 7over87over8 Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭

From NEW USM Press Release -

"The 2019 American Eagle Once Ounce Silver Enhanced Reverse Proof Coin WILL NOT be available at the Mint’s sales centers in Washington, D.C.; Philadelphia; and Denver."

The presales on ebay are absolutely insane, almost 1 sold every 2-3 minutes last hour or so.
    All the guesses here are FAR too conservative IMO. I think this 750+ easy tomorrow

@engmtic said:
    The presales on ebay are absolutely insane, almost 1 sold every 2-3 minutes last hour or so.
    All the guesses here are FAR too conservative IMO. I think this 750+ easy tomorrow

Except all those sales are at $450 or less. It is really hard to get a read on this from what are largely imaginary pre-sales.

Obviously, I NEED it to be $700 plus since I'm paying $500 now. But I don't think it is guaranteed.

edited November 13, 2019 7:35PM

@jmlanzaf said:

@engmtic said:

Except all those sales are at $450 or less. It is really hard to get a read on this from what are largely imaginary pre-sales.

Obviously, I NEED it to be $700 plus since I'm paying $500 now. But I don't think it is guaranteed.

presales are always less. and 90% of the sellers are <50 feedback. The few established sellers >500 feedback that I noticed went for 500-600.
    When it sells out in 4-5 minutes tomorrow as it surely will, prices will spike nicely. Just my fun guess/prediction. We'll see...almost there now

• TennesseeDaveTennesseeDave Posts: 4,737 ✭✭✭✭✭

5.....hours and counting until showtime.

Trade $'s

I'm buying some Depends, I refuse to take a chance having to leave my computer for ANYTHING!!!

• jclovescoinsjclovescoins Posts: 1,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 14, 2019 11:29AM

I think 70s will end up netting 1500 and 69s maybe 700. Worth the grading cost.

• OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

976 sets and counting, have been sold on ebay as of 1:20 EST.

"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."

@OPA said:
    976 sets and counting, have been sold on ebay as of 1:20 EST.

All of which could be canceled

• meluaufeetmeluaufeet Posts: 746 ✭✭✭

Isn't there a ebucks promo ending today? Surprised so many listings are under bullion.

• BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,284 ✭✭✭✭✭

@meluaufeet said:
    Isn't there a ebucks promo ending today? Surprised so many listings are under bullion.

Why? Aren't the return rules different for items under bullion than under just coins (non-bullion)?

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm surprised at the latest auction related closing prices. All the way up to over $700+ These are not BIN'S.

"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."

@Bochiman said:

@meluaufeet said:

Why? Aren't the return rules different for items under bullion than under just coins (non-bullion)?

You don't get eBay bucks on bullion

• BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 15, 2019 12:05PM

Ebay seller that had his delivered this morning just sold for $800 after listing.
    He probably could have got $999.99

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file