Homeβ€Ί Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

September card purchases. Show 'em off!

123457Β»

Comments

• Options
    jeffv96mastersjeffv96masters Posts: 595 ✭✭✭✭

@UFFDAH said:
    A pickup from earlier this year. Back from re-holdering.

>

The difficulty of that in 10 is off the charts great pickup there 🐧🐧🐧🐧🐧🐧🐧🐧😝😝😝

• Options
    1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,246 ✭✭✭✭✭

@artee said:

@jeffv96masters said:

@UFFDAH said:
    A pickup from earlier this year. Back from re-holdering.

>

The difficulty of that in 10 is off the charts great pickup there 🐧🐧🐧🐧🐧🐧🐧🐧😝😝😝

I doubt psa will ever designate and even if they did the pop report would never be correct, but your Luke is actually a #57a vs 57b. All β€˜52 Mantle-esque like.

Very easy to distinguish by the asterisk at the beginning of the copyright stamp on the front.

β€œ * β€œ denotes the A side

β€œ ** β€œ denotes the B side

Adding: If you are a variant collector or a completionist, there is currently a B side 10 listed on ebay. And no, it is not my card. πŸ˜‰

At the very least you may just want to screen grab and keep a file to see which one truly has the lower pop. I own a few and the B side seems to be just a tad bit lower within the grade. I’ve found you can never have too much information or too big of a comparable picture database on such items. Over time little nuances can emerge that can result in much larger premiums being paid. The β€˜79 OPC Gretzky first run skate lines come to mind.

Apologies in advance for rambling.

Quite the contrary - what an excellent and informative post!

Why we log in, for some.

What’s your name, Artee?

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• Options
    stwainfanstwainfan Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks PaulMaul.

I collect hall of fame rookie cards, https://www.instagram.com/stwainfan/

• Options
    arteeartee Posts: 757 ✭✭✭

Real name is Robert. Go by RT and on a few occasions, been called a lot worse.

@1951WheatiesPremium said:
    Why we log in, for some.

What’s your name, Artee?

• Options

@artee said:

Why we log in, for some.

What’s your name, Artee?

@Stone193 - new name for the list

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

@artee said:

Why we log in, for some.

What’s your name, Artee?

Thanx Tim.

Mike
  • Options

List? Did I do something wrong?

@Stone193 said:

@artee said:

Why we log in, for some.

What’s your name, Artee?

Thanx Tim.

• Options

@artee said:
    List? Did I do something wrong?

@Stone193 said:

@artee said:

Why we log in, for some.

What’s your name, Artee?

Thanx Tim.

We keep a β€˜first name’ list, like they did in Jerry Seinfeld’s lobby, to make this a friendlier place.

Welcome, R.T.!

• Options

@artee said:

Hmmmm,,, another Robert who's into Star Wars,,, very interesting :o . UFFDAH I'm sure will have noted said variation πŸ˜’πŸ˜’

• Options
    steel75steel75 Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭✭

Still picking up vintage Tribe....

1970's Steelers, Vintage Indians
  • Options

^ Classy card!

• Options

If you note the rest of the post, I also mentioned the β€˜52 Mantle and β€˜79 Gretzky. I do like the franchise, but more in to variants of any classic card or line and yes, Star Wars cards fit that bill too. πŸ˜’πŸ˜’

@jeffv96masters said:

@artee said:

Hmmmm,,, another Robert who's into Star Wars,,, very interesting :o . UFFDAH I'm sure will have noted said variation πŸ˜’πŸ˜’

• Options

Understood RT (artee) the Star Wars guys know who Robert Fisher was ( RIP). While I don't like the Star Wars series of movies myself, I dealt with enough guys who followed that franchise to learn the big dogs in case I needed some hard to locate card.
    So when you said your name was Robert this old mans mind immediately flashed to the "Fish" as he was affectionately called :'( I used to call him "Moby" as he was a whale buyer of anything Star Wars. Just a bunch of old man musings of the past going here you can ignore me.

• Options

I apologize, jeffv. I misread it as some cryptic pass or knock to my name and what I collect.

• Options
    edited September 28, 2019 1:15PM

@artee said:
    I apologize, jeffv. I misread it as some cryptic pass or knock to my name and what I collect.

I’ve been here less than five years but in that time I’ve seen nothing but love from fellow collectors for posted stuff from vintage to modern and with all kinds of β€˜stuff’.

Half the problem becomes you start falling in love (and wanting) it ALL!

@Stone193 - I want to show off his Exhibit machine as my own and play with like 6 of his board games!

@grote15 - I want to open his unopened collection!

@Dpeck100 - I am in love with his Hulk Hogan stuff. IN LOVE! Saying my prayers and eating my vitamins!

@LarkinCollector - I want to build a golf card collection ON PAR with his.

@bishop - I would like to have a cup of coffee and a 15 month conversation with.

@JoeBanzai - if Kill a brew (or two) with him.

@DBesse27 - sometimes I feel the hand of God was involved in our meeting; you know? Like divine Providence or something... ;)

@ReggieCleveland - Me, him, Hasselhoff and a cheeseburger

• Options
    daltexdaltex Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭✭✭

@steel75 said:

Never seen Olson called Ivan before, always Ivy. What does the back of the card say?

• Options
    pab1969pab1969 Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hello again Mr. Berra! I originally posted this in the wrong thread.

• Options
    steel75steel75 Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭✭

@daltex said:

@steel75 said:

Never seen Olson called Ivan before, always Ivy. What does the back of the card say?

It says Ivan.

1970's Steelers, Vintage Indians
  • Options
    DBesse27DBesse27 Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow, James! I especially love league leaders cards with 3 or 4 players and 100% HOFers. Those are 2 amazing ones!

Yaz Master Set
    #1 Gino Cappelletti master set
    #1 John Hannah master set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox

• Options

@1951WheatiesPremium
    Thanks Tim. I’m trying my hardest not to get addicted to Prop Montiels.... go Friars!

Yaz Master Set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 29, 2019 6:21AM

1998 Futera Platinum Joe Louis/Ezzard Charles centerpiece card. You can see it in the middle. Finally found it. Hey Joe, buddy, I'll sneak to the mailbox and pick you up when you get here. I've got your room ready for you, with a little mint on the your pillow, just the way you like it. If you need extra soap or towels, just let me know.

• Options
    ReggieClevelandReggieCleveland Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭✭✭

Intolerance will not be tolerated here.

Arthur

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,134 ✭✭✭✭✭

My wife would probably call the Cops on me if she knew how many Joe Louis cards I bought the past couple of months.

Bad husband, bad husband
    Whatcha gonna do?
    Whatcha gonna do when she catches you?

• Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

@artee said:

I’ve been here less than five years but in that time I’ve seen nothing but love from fellow collectors for posted stuff from vintage to modern and with all kinds of β€˜stuff’.

Half the problem becomes you start falling in love (and wanting) it ALL!
    @LarkinCollector - I want to build a golf card collection ON PAR with his.

Thanks, Tim! Now I'm curious if @artee was perhaps named after a famous golfer, given some of his Braves posts and the Atlanta connection with R.T. Jones (more commonly known as Bobby), founder and designer of Augusta.

• Options
    edited September 29, 2019 5:21PM

You could be on the right β€œTrail”. Only thing messing it up though is the last initial. RTE versus RTJ.

I do have a few golf cards and only live about an hour from Augusta, but in SC.

• Options
    slimiesslimies Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭✭✭

picked up these in our local value village.. was mixed up in a sports card grab bag

• Options
    edited September 29, 2019 5:24PM

That Busta Rhymes #1 card is cool!

• Options
    slimiesslimies Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭✭✭

thanks. hoping to go back and see if the rest of the set is there

• Options

Forgot to post these Patriots pickups:

Yaz Master Set

• Options
    pab1969pab1969 Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭✭✭

A nice grouping of ex-Yankees

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,254 ✭✭✭✭✭

That Home Run Leaders card is SWEET!

This came today, only 7 graded that are above authentic. Been chasing this for 30 years.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    jfkheatjfkheat Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DBesse27 said:
    Wow, James! I especially love league leaders cards with 3 or 4 players and 100% HOFers. Those are 2 amazing ones!

Thanks Dan, I thought you might like those two.
    James