Options

Awesome Avatars!

Comments

• Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 31,000 ✭✭✭✭✭

@mach1ne said:

@BAJJERFAN said:

Is that an old Teletrade image?

It is and surprisingly good for a scanner. I've never been able to do anywhere close to that..

• Options
    Eric_BabulaEric_Babula Posts: 413 ✭✭✭✭

@3stars said:
    Alaska's friendly rivalry with Texas makes up mine. We are 2.6x bigger than them...

Like I said, "Some are non-coin related, and are interesting or funny!"

Rocking my "shiny-object-syndrome"!!!

• Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,938 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's been said before, but I can normally associate the avatar with the poster quicker than their "handle"

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options
    amwldcoinamwldcoin Posts: 11,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

Of course I love mine! o:)

• Options
    joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 14,930 ✭✭✭✭✭

@gonzer said:
    Old timers'll remember 'blown away'.

Pioneer speakers, right? LOL I have an newer Pioneer Tuner. Awesome sound!

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options
    messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,718 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Justacommeman said:
    I prefer ones that actually picture the poster

m

I don't always prefer ones that actually picture the poster, but when I do, I've been drinking Dos Equis.

• Options
    LanLordLanLord Posts: 11,684 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just me holding up a sapling

• Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,560 ✭✭✭✭✭

Although I was born in CA, I grew up in my avatar....Carson City, NV. Carson High class of '64...

bob

Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    ifthevamzarockinifthevamzarockin Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭✭✭

@joeykoins said:

@gonzer said:
    Old timers'll remember 'blown away'.

Pioneer speakers, right? LOL I have an newer Pioneer Tuner. Awesome sound!

IIRC I think it was Maxell :)
    That is the problem with being old enough to remember......you can't remember any more. :D

• Options

@neildrobertson said:

It's one of my German Empire 1 Mark coins. It's the earlier smaller eagle type. I like the type a little more, but they are much rarer and harder to find in nice condition. I only have a handful that are uncirculated. I tend to gravitate towards ones like this with a more 'natural' patina.

I was thinking either Germany or Poland - but, I don't know foreign currency at all, so I dared not guess!

• Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,764 ✭✭✭✭✭

My vurrent Avatar is one of my favorite coins.

My prior Avatar was the helmet of the Denver Bronvos, my favorite team.

• Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

@neildrobertson said:

@Eric_Babula said:

@neildrobertson said:
    I finally made my photo one of my coins. Not my best coin, but one I like that is representative of what I collect.

Can you tell us more about that coin? And, maybe show the other side?

It's one of my German Empire 1 Mark coins. It's the earlier smaller eagle type. I like the type a little more than the larger eagle type, but they are much rarer and harder to find in nice condition. I only have a handful that are uncirculated. I tend to gravitate towards ones like this with a more 'natural' patina.

Prussia no longer exists, but not forgotten.

"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,721 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like mine, I'll likely never change it. It's a 1902 Great Britain Shilling.

• Options
    GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,381 ✭✭✭✭✭

My avatar is an emoji likeness of me. :o

GrandAm :)
  • Options
    morgandollar1878morgandollar1878 Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 14, 2019 4:44PM

This gave me inspiration to change mine since it has been the same for the last three or four years.

Instagram: nomad_numismatics
  • Options
    spacehaydukespacehayduke Posts: 5,504 ✭✭✭✭✭

Successful transactions with-Boosibri,lkeigwin,TomB,Broadstruck,coinsarefun,Type2,jom,ProfLiz, UltraHighRelief,Barndog,EXOJUNKIE,ldhair,fivecents,paesan,Crusty...
  • Options

@snizzle said:
    I picked up 900 Morgan dollars in rolls and took a couple of pictures

Where do you pick up 900 Morgan dollars in rolls???
    I like the two you kept!!

• Options

@morgandollar1878 said:
    This gave me inspiration to change mine since it has been the same for the last three or four years.

Love those colors!

• Options
    WillieBoyd2WillieBoyd2 Posts: 5,044 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 25, 2024 9:50PM

Maximinus or "Big Max" was the Emperor of Rome from AD 235 to AD 238. He was supposedly over eight feet tall and was a former wrestler.

His reign ended the usual way for a Roman Emperor, he was murdered.

Rome Maximinus Denarius Victory
    Silver, 20mm, 2.98gm struck Rome mint AD 235-236

:)

https://www.brianrxm.com
    The Mysterious Egyptian Magic Coin
    Coins in Movies
    Coins on Television

• Options
    joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 14,930 ✭✭✭✭✭

Those 900 Morgans. WOW! I have NEVER seen any thing like that. Those are so-o-o cool. Beauuutiful coins dude. B)

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options
    ParadisefoundParadisefound Posts: 8,588 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 14, 2019 11:42PM

My observe is better and it may CAC'd ;)B)

• Options
    ilmcoinsilmcoins Posts: 525 ✭✭✭✭

@JonBrand83 said:
    Thanks for the shout! My avatar is by far my most valuable coin I own.

Did you slab that one? The highest sale on PCGS is showing as an mS66 and I only see yours in the population report.

• Options
    amwldcoinamwldcoin Posts: 11,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

Let's see it and let us be the judge! >:)

@Paradisefound said:
    My observe is better and it may CAC'd ;)B)

• Options
    LedZeppelinLedZeppelin Posts: 59 ✭✭✭

Just a huge fan of the band.

Saw them live in 1977.

There are 3 bad things in the world today - Death, Taxes, and the cover 2. Norm Parker, Iowa football defensive coordinator 1999-2011.
  • Options
    JonBrand83JonBrand83 Posts: 453 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ilmcoins said:

@JonBrand83 said:
    Thanks for the shout! My avatar is by far my most valuable coin I own.

Did you slab that one? The highest sale on PCGS is showing as an mS66 and I only see yours in the population report.

I bought it as is. Not sure of its history before I got it except that it was trueviewed as a 66 or 66+

Jbknifeandcoin.com
    IG: jb_rarities

• Options
    WalkerfanWalkerfan Posts: 8,991 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Justacommeman said:

m

I don't think we should try to scare anyone or anything LOL.

“I may not believe in myself but I believe in what I’m doing” ~Jimmy Page~

My Full Walker Registry Set (1916-1947)

https://www.ngccoin.com/registry/competitive-sets/16292/

• Options
    SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,889 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 15, 2019 10:42AM

When the new forum software debuted it offered a profile pic/avatar/icon featuring the likeness of a younger me.
    I added the grey hair and that's my tune.

• Options
    LanceNewmanOCCLanceNewmanOCC Posts: 19,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

someone here ordered this and had hoped for an original or a better quality or something and before i found out the details i asked if i could use the image. turns out the person was unhappy as it wasn't what it was purported to be and thus returned it. i did not rescind my asking to use the image nonetheless. quite beautiful imho.

i'd be pretty psyched if we could get some inspired designs like this on some of our newer coinage. i do like the classic looks and even a lot of the coins/designs that even inspired some of our coinage

<--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

• Options
    Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,312 ✭✭✭✭✭

My avatar is from the Marillion album "Seasons End"

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• Options
    moursundmoursund Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭✭✭

Old thread alert!

My avatar is myself looking a bit drawn in the face.

100th pint of blood donated 7/19/2022 B) . Transactions with WilliamF, Relaxn, LukeMarshal, jclovescoins, braddick, JWP, Weather11am, Fairlaneman, Dscoins, lordmarcovan, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, JimW. God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that who so believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life.
  • Options
    Mr_SpudMr_Spud Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mr_Spud

• Options
    BaronVonBaughBaronVonBaugh Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 8, 2022 5:52AM

@3stars said:
    Alaska's friendly rivalry with Texas makes up mine. We are 2.6x bigger than them...

How much is left after all the ice and snow melts?

The ones that stand out to me are all the banned ones. Not because they are interesting but because they are reminders of friends that are no longer here.

Smaller coins are easier to make out what it is since they are not shrunk so much. So a 3CS, $1 gold or half dime should work very well.

Mine is a 1937 PR67+ CAC Buffalo nickel. The colors are not so vivid in hand.

• Options
    JimTylerJimTyler Posts: 3,083 ✭✭✭✭✭

I got a couple I’d like to use but I would get kicked off. Maybe as part of my goodbye someday.

• Options
    jesbrokenjesbroken Posts: 9,369 ✭✭✭✭✭

Name dropper.
    Jim

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.....Mark Twain
  • Options
    OldhoopsterOldhoopster Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 8, 2022 8:41AM

Mine is Jr Hoopster. Green screen promo pic for his University basketball team (division 3). Finished the current season averaging 15.6 pts and 9.5 rebounds

Member of the ANA since 1982
  • Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,773 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ricko said:

. I suppose I should have a set of grips made with inlaid coins... ;) Cheers, RickO

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@1630Boston .... Nice.... I do not put fancy grips on my firearms... they are purely functional for tactical purposes. Working at the range, I see a lot of fancy grips.... but not practical. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    ChrisH821ChrisH821 Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭✭✭

I missed this post the first time around.
    My avatar is one of my early Peace Dollar purchases, a 1928 in an old ANACS 64 holder. It has very strong luster.
    I'll have to get a more recent photo, I think this one is from 2016

Collector, occasional seller

• Options
    kazkaz Posts: 9,074 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Justacommeman said:

m

Like Mine!

• Options
    DisneyFanDisneyFan Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭✭✭

I never realized what an interesting group of avatars we have here. Most of them are too small for me to even see. How about suggesting PCGS make avatars larger. Guess that's why I always carry a 5X magnifying glass with me.

• Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,938 ✭✭✭✭✭

@WAYNEAS said:

I just plain like it and it represents what I collect.

Wayne

Nice Kennedy, great year!

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options
    goodmoney4badmoneygoodmoney4badmoney Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭✭

Someone out there has this tattoo, but I have none.

• Options
    WAYNEASWAYNEAS Posts: 6,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 10, 2022 12:24PM

@oih82w8 said:
    Nice Kennedy, great year!

Thanks for the compliment.
    I currently have 22 active Kennedy sets.
    There are many many coins that I could choose from but this one always calls out to me.
    Wayne

Kennedys are my quest...

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file