Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

2019 Apollo 11 50th Anniversary Commemoratives (19C[A-H], B49296, B49297, B15054, 19XA1, 19XA2)

Comments

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 31,952 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Sweetpie said:
    Something doesn't add up here...

It said updated at 2/18/10 but FS 70s are still showing at 19 pop. Now, either PCGS truly hasn't update their pop database or...1 of the biggest online seller is in trouble, as they presold over 50 of these...

There is always a lag in the pop data. I would pay it no mind.

• Options
    GluggoGluggo Posts: 3,566 ✭✭✭✭✭

@GRANDAM said:

@raja said:
    I saw a few pages back I saw entries to this thread about delays in submissions to our host not being entered into the system. Mine is not yet in there even though it was received from USPS last Monday (4th). Are others seeing similar delays? Thanks.

Yes, my order was received last Monday (4th) and still no confirmation of PCGS receiving it. :/

Yes still mine was received on the 7th still nothing on my orders as being the start to work on. Of course today is a Federal Holiday maybe PCGS is closed. But now on 11 day's. 8 more days if they don't start on it I will MISS the First Strike Date. That will really make me sad. :(:(:(:(:(

• Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,693 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks fine. I don’t see a problem.

Wondercoin.

Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options

@Sweetpie said:
    Something doesn't add up here...

It said updated at 2/18/10 but FS 70s are still showing at 19 pop. Now, either PCGS truly hasn't update their pop database or...1 of the biggest online seller is in trouble, as they presold over 50 of these...

you aren't looking at all the data. There's another 86 70s in that holder

• Options
    BigABigA Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭✭

@Gluggo said:

@GRANDAM said:

@raja said:
    I saw a few pages back I saw entries to this thread about delays in submissions to our host not being entered into the system. Mine is not yet in there even though it was received from USPS last Monday (4th). Are others seeing similar delays? Thanks.

Yes, my order was received last Monday (4th) and still no confirmation of PCGS receiving it. :/

Yes still mine was received on the 7th still nothing on my orders as being the start to work on. Of course today is a Federal Holiday maybe PCGS is closed. But now on 11 day's. 8 more days if they don't start on it I will MISS the First Strike Date. That will really make me sad. :(:(:(:(:(

You have evidence of when it was delivered by the USPS or whomever and that should be all you need. I'm in the same boat but with ATS

I guess that's what happens when a crapload if items are released on the same day

• Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Gluggo said:

@GRANDAM said:

@raja said:

Not to worry....your "received date" dictates if it qualifies for f.s. designation

"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    jabbajabba Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭✭✭

So I sent two orders a few days apart the order that got there first my proof dollar for the special astronaut label are still in pending order
    The second order that got there the next week 2 coin set for the two holder earth rise is in process so maybe it depends on the label?

• Options
    TetromibiTetromibi Posts: 944 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sent one order to PCGS and one order ATS. Almost identical. Arrived to each company on Friday. So far PCGS is ahead having it marked as a pending order in their system already.

It's a race now. Hey PCGS, if you wanna cheat, just PM me and i'll give you my submission number so you can get them done real fast to show those other guys who's boss!

• Options

Thank you BigA and OPS, yes I do have proof it was received on the 7th. I will call them sometime today and talk with the nice people there and who knows maybe they might have a different list that shows it on the assembly line for grading. These were the 2 halfs set and I wanted to make sure they get graded in the 2 slab in one special. Not sure how I will store them after but thats my story! Everybody have a great Monday!

• Options
    BigABigA Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭✭

Holiday...maybe tomorrow

• Options
    rajaraja Posts: 65 ✭✭

My puck order sent on Feb 2nd, reached our host on the 4th. Went into pending order on the 12th and showed up on 'My Orders' on 18th but everything is "In Process". Seems like a lot of coins have been submitted.

Colonials and Post-Colonials
  • Options
    1northcoin1northcoin Posts: 3,828 ✭✭✭✭✭

For those referencing recent receipt of the 5 oz pucks. Were any of those initially identified as a backorder with an anticipated availability date of May 1st?

(Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe all of the initial backorders for the pucks specified an availability date of May 1st, and nothing earlier.)

• Options

@1northcoin said:
    For those referencing recent receipt of the 5 oz pucks. Were any of those initially identified as a backorder with an anticipated availability date of May 1st?

(Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe all of the initial backorders for the pucks specified an availability date of May 1st, and nothing earlier.)

I haven't noticed anyone saying they recently got pucks from the MInt.

• Options
    KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just checked my order at the Mint. Shows the Puck "Back Ordered" with $0 charges. No date for estimated shipping date. Ordered in the first aprox. 12 minutes or so....not later than 14-15 minutes.
    The rest of the order (golds and Kennedy set) shipped and received in the week following the January release date. Those amounts show and my credit card billed me and I paid for those.

• Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,310 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 18, 2019 7:37PM

Where they on back order when you ordered them? I did the same thing and mine were shipped, that’s why I asked a question.

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options

No, not noted as back ordered. Not in confirmation email. Possibly in the shipped email...I deleted it upon receipt of the rest of the order.
    I confident I will get the one I ordered. When is the question. Can't do anything about it so I wait patiently.

• Options
    edited February 18, 2019 8:36PM

@Kudbegud said:
    No, not noted as back ordered. Not in confirmation email. Possibly in the shipped email...I deleted it upon receipt of the rest of the order.
    I confident I will get the one I ordered. When is the question. Can't do anything about it so I wait patiently.

We’re you planning on sending it for grading? I am now on day 11 waiting for PCGS to show they receipted it even though it shows delivered back on the 7th. First Strike I believe is good till the 25th of this month. That is 7 days from now.

• Options
    SweetpieSweetpie Posts: 466 ✭✭✭

FWIW
    I just checked my 2 orders of pucks:

The first order was done at 12:04 for 2 pucks and it got shipped. My second order of 3 pucks was confirmed at 12:07 but that was backordered.

• Options

No Gluggo, I wasn't planning on sending it in. But who knows once I have it in hand.

• Options
    BackroadJunkieBackroadJunkie Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭✭✭

@1northcoin said:

USM063158xx: 12:05, 2 pucks, shipped.
    USM063198xx: 12:08, 1 puck, backordered.

The backordered puck was not indicated as backordered when I ordered, on my acknowledgement or order confirmation. It was flipped from "processing" to "backordered" sometime before 12:50pm in my order history, with absolutely no notification from the Mint.

On Jan 25 at around noon, the status was flipped from backordered to processing, but by 12:05, it was back to backordered. It's been that way ever since.

• Options

@Sweetpie said:
    FWIW
    I just checked my 2 orders of pucks:

The first order was done at 12:04 for 2 pucks and it got shipped. My second order of 3 pucks was confirmed at 12:07 but that was backordered.

Based on the people I've talked to 12:06 was the time it went to backorder.

• Options
    JimTylerJimTyler Posts: 3,059 ✭✭✭✭✭

Backorder must have something to do with minus signs not unpopularity

• Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,310 ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree, Jim. I would think many people are canceling because they weren’t part of the first 60,000 or so First Strikers.

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options
    BackroadJunkieBackroadJunkie Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭✭✭

Bye, bye!

• Options
    JimTylerJimTyler Posts: 3,059 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 19, 2019 9:09AM

That sell out was listed quicker than I can remember. It usually takes a month or more
    Now that I think about it, it has almost been a month since these went on sale.

• Options

@JimTyler said:
    That sell out was listed quicker than I can remember. It usually takes a month or more

yes, they aren't usually in such a hurry to sell it. I have 100 arriving today! I'm so excited!

• Options
    planetsteveplanetsteve Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭✭

I wonder if a very long backorder period will depress interest and overall sales.

• Options
    fox9487fox9487 Posts: 282 ✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

@JimTyler said:

yes, they aren't usually in such a hurry to sell it. I have 100 arriving today! I'm so excited!

& with the 8% ebay bucks that just popped you might move a good amount quickly.

Successful Transactions: Coinflip, bp777, firstspousecoins, Akbeez, jmlanzaf, JWP
  • Options
    jabbajabba Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

@JimTyler said:

Want to sell some?

• Options

@jabba said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@JimTyler said:

Want to sell some?

I intend to sell all of them.

• Options
    edited February 19, 2019 1:25PM

Wooo hoooo They got my order in now To have to call them for my double coin holder! First Strike baby!
    I am on hold waiting for one of the nice PCGS attendee’s. :)

Done the nice Lady is sending me a confirmation email for me requesting the * Special double (2) two coin holder set on the Apollo 11 two coin set.

• Options
    dmwestdmwest Posts: 947 ✭✭✭✭

Heard the pucks that are back ordered are gonna be flown to the moon and returned....fast sellout after that.

soundslegit

Don't quote me on that.

• Options

Backordered 5 ouncer (May 1st) is being sent by the Mint today. Did not have to wait 3 months!

• Options

@Ka1956 said:
    Backordered 5 ouncer (May 1st) is being sent by the Mint today. Did not have to wait 3 months!

I have been putting off cancelling my back ordered pucks. Was going to do it today. I will hold off until the 24th if there are members here wanting them at my cost + shipping. 15 or 20 I have in that status. The quantity ranges from 1-5 per box.

Successful Transactions: Coinflip, bp777, firstspousecoins, Akbeez, jmlanzaf, JWP
  • Options

@fox9487 said:

@Ka1956 said:

I have been putting off cancelling my back ordered pucks. Was going to do it today. I will hold off until the 24th if there are members here wanting them at my cost + shipping. 15 or 20 I have in that status. The quantity ranges from 1-5 per box.

Ooops, I meant to say I will still cancel today but the First Strike is still good as long as mint ships by the 24th.

• Options
    HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

Processing!

• Options

@jabba said:
    I ordered my puck on 1/31 still on back order 😥

I ordered one on 1/29 and it is still backordered

• Options
    edited February 19, 2019 7:49PM

Are the 5 Ounce pucks available to buy?
    Are they sold out or just back ordered?

I guess I was wondering if backordered is the wait back to December 25th or now to 2020?

• Options
    edited February 19, 2019 8:03PM

@jabba said:
    They are available on back orders if you load it in the cart it will give you an available date

Thank you I just checked October 25th is their promise date.
    The mint issued my refund today on the 5 ounce coin that had a visible blemish, and PCGS logged my coins in for submission today strange how today turned out.

• Options
    GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,376 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Sweetpie said:
    :o:o:o
    (speechless...)

Weigh that sucker and calculate the weight of a box of 20. :o

GrandAm :)
  • Options

@Sweetpie said:
    :o:o:o
    (speechless...)

Ohhh my!

• Options
    alohagaryalohagary Posts: 2,764 ✭✭✭✭

I ordered early on January 24 within 10 minutes of start and still show back ordered. Has anyone received notice that their backorder is being mailed

• Options

@alohagary said:
    I ordered early on January 24 within 10 minutes of start and still show back ordered. Has anyone received notice that their backorder is being mailed

In a word "No". There are a lot unsold and the cancellations are mounting up. I'm not worried just dissapointed I'll have to wait.

• Options
    GoldminersGoldminers Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 20, 2019 7:52AM

We now have proof that bigfoot exists, not in the forests but on the moon. Where can I get a special bigfoot label? They have one for everything else.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file