Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

2019 Apollo 11 50th Anniversary Commemoratives (19C[A-H], B49296, B49297, B15054, 19XA1, 19XA2)

Comments

• Options
    HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 20, 2019 10:11AM

@jabba said:

@Gluggo said:

@Sweetpie said:
    :o:o:o
    (speechless...)

Ohhh my!

Trump voice “it’s huge” so the 5oz are $1 coins?

Yes.

A wee bit more than the 25C ATB 5ozers.

• Options
    GluggoGluggo Posts: 3,566 ✭✭✭✭✭

PCGS is SLAMMED with the Apollo 11 coins that is why they are a bit behind. I just got off the phone with them and they told me that.

• Options

@Goldminers said:
    This is a copy I have of the Apollo US Treasury and Customs certificate for the Moon landing when they arrived in Hawaii.

Must have been eye opening when the customs inspector signed that document.

• Options
    GoldminersGoldminers Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like the part where it asks if there anything on board which may lead to the spread of disease: and the answer is,
    "To be determined".

• Options
    nurmalernurmaler Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭

@Gluggo said:
    PCGS is SLAMMED with the Apollo 11 coins that is why they are a bit behind. I just got off the phone with them and they told me that.

+44% YTD!

• Options
    JaLPJaLP Posts: 199 ✭✭✭

• Options

Buy low, sell high.

• Options
    BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,399 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 20, 2019 2:00PM

Got the Silver Dollars in today, they look great with the Earth Rising Labels.
    Notice anything about the Proof?

• Options
    edited February 20, 2019 2:16PM

Hmmm Looks Proofy? :*:*:*:*:*
    But they look sharp!

• Options
    dmwestdmwest Posts: 957 ✭✭✭✭

@Bullsitter said:
    Got the Silver Dollars in today, they look great with the Earth Rising Labels.
    Notice anything about the Proof?

It’s popped out of the ring?

Don't quote me on that.

• Options
    alohagaryalohagary Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone receive the 5 oz recently that was on back order

• Options

@alohagary said:

Received one that showed backorder of May 1st.

• Options

I feel like my 5ozer is on backorder, sometimes. Bought, received, sent for slabbing and still not in my possession.

;)

• Options
    bigolebigole Posts: 385 ✭✭✭

I sent in my two Apollo gold coins a couple of weeks ago, and just got the email that the grades are in and both are 70s.
    So they're making progress. All in all that's pretty quick.
    The only downer was I sent in my second proof Palladium and got another 69. Fortunately the price of palladium keeps going up and lifting all boats......

• Options
    smokincoinsmokincoin Posts: 2,631 ✭✭✭

@Bullsitter
    Serious question... Is it really a 69 or is it a 70? An intriguing error for sure. Was it your submission?

• Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,111 ✭✭✭✭✭

@smokincoin said:
    @Bullsitter
    Serious question... Is it really a 69 or is it a 70? An intriguing error for sure. Was it your submission?

Agree. To many dark shadows to be a 70

"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    edited February 20, 2019 6:07PM

@Bullsitter 698153.69 Oops!

• Options
    edited February 20, 2019 7:29PM

@Hemispherical said:
    @Bullsitter 698153.69 Oops!

I see now wow is that not a great error? But then again which one is the real error?
    But then again I thought I seen some not sure what to call it but was not sure if it was the plastic. Is the field the clear shiny part. Almost like some smudges when you expand it. Only Bull could be blessed with that type of error! If it is the latter.

• Options
    jabbajabba Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    AkbeezAkbeez Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭✭✭

@OPA said:

@smokincoin said:
    @Bullsitter

Agree. To many dark shadows to be a 70

How in the world can you see too many shadows? Da whole freakin' coin is full of them -- :#

Looks like Hemi took the cake!

Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS
  • Options
    GoldminersGoldminers Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 20, 2019 7:38PM

Does the bar code also say 69 like the coin numbers on the reverse or does it say 70 like the front of the coin? I tried scanning it, but too much glare.

• Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Sweetpie said:
    :o:o:o
    (speechless...)

Still, speechless.

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options
    BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,399 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good eyes y'all. It was not my submission, I bought them graded. I'm sending it back for a replacement.

• Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,812 ✭✭✭✭✭

My pleasure Sweetpie!

Wondercoin.

Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options

Normally, when our hosts sends an entomed coin back it is returned in a PCGS plastic storage box. In the case of the 5ozers, are they sending them back in the “Storage Box II?”

https://www.pcgs.com/mobilestore/p-39-pcgs-storage-box-ii.aspx

• Options

@Bullsitter said:
    Good eyes y'all. It was not my submission, I bought them graded. I'm sending it back for a replacement.

It was not me Bull it was Hemispherical who planted the seed. That went right by me. ;)

• Options
    matt_dacmatt_dac Posts: 961 ✭✭✭✭✭

I bought the gold within 30 min of going on sale and submitted for grading the day after I received it (NGC). It's enroute back to me as PF70UC. Yeah! I wonder how many will earn PF69?

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,933 ✭✭✭✭✭

I just had a customer buy the 2 coin set from me. [I've sold 20 this week at $75 shipping included, for those who care to track such things.] He told me that he also ordered a puck directly from the Mint. The reason he found out about these issues is HSN where they are selling the pucks for $1000. So, HSN does help promote the hobby.

• Options
    TetromibiTetromibi Posts: 947 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Tetromibi said:
    Sent one order to PCGS and one order ATS. Almost identical. Arrived to each company on Friday. So far PCGS is ahead having it marked as a pending order in their system already.

It's a race now. Hey PCGS, if you wanna cheat, just PM me and i'll give you my submission number so you can get them done real fast to show those other guys who's boss!

Uh oh, the other guys are making moves and trying to catch up. Still open to letting you cheat to ensure the victory!

PCGS - in system as received 2/19
    ATS - in system as received on 2/21

• Options

I got both my submissions in to PCGS and just confirmed at. NGC.

Smooth sailing from here. Both seem to have competent people.

• Options
    ECHOESECHOES Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭✭✭

TTT

~HABE FIDUCIAM IN DOMINO III V VI / III XVI~
    POST NUBILA PHOEBUS / AFTER CLOUDS, SUN
    Love for Music / Collector of Dreck
  • Options
    1northcoin1northcoin Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Ka1956 said:

@alohagary said:

Is this still the only forum member whose back ordered puck shipped early?

Anyone else?

• Options

@1northcoin said:

@Ka1956 said:

@alohagary said:

Anyone else?

It's not really "early". Those dates are the estimated "safe" date for them. They will ship them as they become available. And, if they have production problems, they will push them out or cancel them if it gets to the end of the year.

• Options
    1northcoin1northcoin Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

@1northcoin said:

@Ka1956 said:

@alohagary said:

Anyone else?

It's not really "early". Those dates are the estimated "safe" date for them. They will ship them as they become available. And, if they have production problems, they will push them out or cancel them if it gets to the end of the year.

OK - “early” as in a notification of shipping any time prior to the May 1st back order availability estimate that many of us got minutes after the back order status alert went into effect.

Again, I take it only one person here has learned of a back ordered puck getting shipped to date?

• Options
    chesterbchesterb Posts: 961 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm late to the party and ordered a 5oz. puck today. The US mint site confirmed the order with a ship date of October. Does that mean that I didn't miss the sell out and it will definitely be shipped out to me?

I'm not concerned about getting it first just want one for my collection.

• Options

@chesterb said:
    I'm late to the party and ordered a 5oz. puck today. The US mint site confirmed the order with a ship date of October. Does that mean that I didn't miss the sell out and it will definitely be shipped out to me?

This puck is no where near sell out. My guess is that it never sells out. The only thing that will keep you from getting it is production failure

• Options
    chesterbchesterb Posts: 961 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

@chesterb said:

This puck is no where near sell out. My guess is that it never sells out. The only thing that will keep you from getting it is production failure

Thanks for the reply. I mentioned I was late to the party. I started reading this thread and made it a couple pages in and everyone was all into projecting a sell-out of the pucks in 5 minutes of going on sale! I should have at least checked out pages 20-22 haha! In any event I like the design. :)

• Options
    AkbeezAkbeez Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭✭✭

For all practical purposes, it DID sell out for those wanting FS/ER slabs. They are SOL when this Monday passes...

Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS
  • Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭✭✭

Exactly, Akbeez!
    The first true first strike released from the Mint in a beautiful and meaningful design couldn’t have been better planned and executed.
    Now, for those that just want one and don’t care about the grading it is a win-win.

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options

@jabba said:
    I think a sellout might have been possible if they had all the coin ready to go.

I doubt it. 100,000 is just way too many pucks. Look at the ATB sales. Yes, yes, yes, it's space. But it's a $225 space commemorative. You are not going to get mass purchasing of them.

• Options

Cut-off for the first strike/release designation is 25 Feb 2018 (Monday).

• Options
    JimTylerJimTyler Posts: 3,179 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 23, 2019 6:23AM

@jmlanzaf said:

@jabba said:
    I think a sellout might have been possible if they had all the coin ready to go.

I doubt it. 100,000 is just way too many pucks. Look at the ATB sales. Yes, yes, yes, it's space. But it's a $225 space commemorative. You are not going to get mass purchasing of them.

The
    High relief gold sold over 100,000. I don't remember the mint price but I'm sure it was at least $225 over melt and no one thought they had a hope in hell of going anywhere ( I know the giant increase in gold had a lot to do with it but there is no giant increase anymore). The greed factor is always in play and this coins availability has messed with the greed factor not it's mintage or price.
    BTW they had no trouble selling 100k 2 coin sets, greed factor in play.

• Options

@JimTyler said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@jabba said:

The
    High relief gold sold over 100,000. I don't remember the mint price but I'm sure it was at least $225 over melt and no one thought they had a hope in hell of going anywhere ( I know the giant increase in gold had a lot to do with it but there is no giant increase anymore). The greed factor is always in play and this coins availability has messed with the greed factor not it's mintage or price.

You're comparing apples and oranges. The are a lot of Kennedy collectors and 100k mintage puts this near the bottom for kennedy. On the other hands, pucks sell in the 25k range for other issues. At 60k sold the Apollo puck has already sold twice as many as normal.

• Options
    edited February 23, 2019 7:15AM

@jmlanzaf said:

@JimTyler said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@jabba said:

The

You're comparing apples and oranges. The are a lot of Kennedy collectors and 100k mintage puts this near the bottom for kennedy. On the other hands, pucks sell in the 25k range for other issues. At 60k sold the Apollo puck has already sold twice as many as normal.

You're comparing apples and oranges. The 5oz 25c bullion pucks and the unique Apollo $1 commemorative

• Options
    jabbajabba Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭✭✭

Doesn’t matter with the mint not having them ready to go. I think they will be sought after and we may have a sell out when the mint does get it together. There is the possibility they won’t be able to complete production with the other products they need to mint. Correct me if I’m wrong but I don’t know if they can strike these past 2019 they have to be done by the end of the year.

• Options

@jabba said:
    Doesn’t matter with the mint not having them ready to go. I think they will be sought after and we may have a sell out when the mint does get it together. There is the possibility they won’t be able to complete production with the other products they need to mint. Correct me if I’m wrong but I don’t know if they can strike these past 2019 they have to be done by the end of the year.

Don't think they strike them in the next year but many issues have been available for sale into the next year.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file