Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

What's your most valuable card in your collection ...and #2 your most favorite card?

MLBdaysMLBdays Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've got to take some pics to answer this myself..... but I've been reading about non-card stuff this past couple weeks so why not cards??

Comments

• BriYo79BriYo79 Posts: 150 ✭✭✭

@akuracy503 said:

I'm done. Beautiful cards.

• jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,508 ✭✭✭✭

Nice mantles
    BD card would be my fav also.
    My fav is a Nolan Ryan RC closely by a Bobbby Mucer RC

Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets
  • Love the captain comeback cards. The 79 is sweet!

• Kid4hof03Kid4hof03 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭✭✭

@PopeyesSpinach said:
    Love the captain comeback cards. The 79 is sweet!

Thanks! I started collecting in 1979, that's the first card I ever remember really wanting and making a trade for. I love his rookie, but my favorite Staubach card is definitely the 79.

Collecting anything and everything relating to Roger Staubach
  • UFFDAHUFFDAH Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭✭✭

@brian48 AWESOME Brady Rookies!! A Championship Ticket in PSA 8 is a BEAST OF A CARD....SWEET!!! Consecutive Cert #'s on the pair to boot - You the Man!!! Congratz!!

• bruin805bruin805 Posts: 50 ✭✭✭

Most expensive - Michael Jordan 1986 Fleer
    Favorite - 1991 Topps Archives 1953 Mickey Mantle. It was my "good luck" card on tests through high school, college, and graduate school. Always had it in my pocket (in a case, of course)

• ahopkinsahopkins Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭✭✭

Love the rough cut on that '73 OPC Garvey.

Andy

• Kid4hof03Kid4hof03 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭✭✭

Those are some beautiful Garvey's! I always loved his cards.

Collecting anything and everything relating to Roger Staubach
  • craig44craig44 Posts: 10,385 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very nice group of griffeys. I especially like the bowman tiffany

George Brett, Bobby Orr and Terry Bradshaw.

• stwainfanstwainfan Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭✭✭

Some great cards.
    Here is my favorite card in my collection.

I chose this for my most expensive.

I collect hall of fame rookie cards, https://www.instagram.com/stwainfan/

• stevegarveyfanstevegarveyfan Posts: 578 ✭✭✭✭✭

@NGS428 said:
    Here are some solid rookie cards in my collection. Nice cards everyone!

I've never been particularly fond of most post-1986 cards, but I'll make an exception for yours. Those are GORRRR-JIST!

• NGS428NGS428 Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭✭✭

@craig44 said:
    Very nice group of griffeys. I especially like the bowman tiffany

Thanks! When I saw it come up, it screamed solid 9 at a great price. I could not hit buy fast enough! Tough to find these centered.

• soxaddictsoxaddict Posts: 256 ✭✭✭

These are two of my most expensive cards.

This is probably my favorite.

• JKTJKT Posts: 492 ✭✭✭
    edited February 11, 2019 9:53AM

Most expensive (I think...?)

Co-favorites (I was this guys’ high school coach. Awesome kid. He loves to laugh at me for spending money on his autograph these days when he’d of course be happy to sign anything I want. Doesn’t quite get the “certified auto” concept I guess. Really hoping he gets “the call” this year!)

Always looking for tougher PSA 10's of Nolan Arenado, Alex Bregman, Mookie Betts, Francisco Lindor, and Mike Trout.

• markj111markj111 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭

My favorite card is my 61 Killebrew PSA 8. It’s the first card I bought raw on eBay that graded as an 8. Most valuable is either Rose rookie, or 59 Mantle. Both PSA 8.

• olb31olb31 Posts: 2,898 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have a 1982 topps Shooty Babbitt rookie graded psa 9 as most valuable. My favorite card is the 1964 Pete Rose.

Work hard and you will succeed!!
  • akuracy503akuracy503 Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭

@Brian48 said:
    Most expensive, the one on the left.

Favorite? Probably this one. It's a PSA 10 actually.

Wow
    Can you get that championship version in a BGS 9 holder?
    PWCC just auctioned one hammered at $401,000
    https://www.pwccmarketplace.com/items/1921857

CU Ancient Members badge member.

Collection: https://flickr.com/photos/185200668@N06/albums

• Brian48Brian48 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭

Actually, I've been thinking of submitting it for review for a possible half point bump, but it's really expensive now. I was convinced this card was a 9 when I submitted it, but was disappointed when it came back as an 8. My submission was just one month prior to PSA implementing their new half point grading scale. Note, the regular Contender was submitted at the same time. Comparing the two, the Championship Tix is noticeably nicer by a lot.

• krisd3279krisd3279 Posts: 808 ✭✭✭✭

I'm still not sure which is my favorite or which is most valuable, but I think these two are pretty cool. It's hard to put a price on the 1 of 1.

Kris

My 1971 Topps adventure - Davis Men in Black

• akuracy503akuracy503 Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭

@Brian48 said:
    Actually, I've been thinking of submitting it for review for a possible half point bump, but it's really expensive now. I was convinced this card was a 9 when I submitted it, but was disappointed when it came back as an 8. My submission was just one month prior to PSA implementing their new half point grading scale. Note, the regular Contender was submitted at the same time. Comparing the two, the Championship Tix is noticeably nicer by a lot.

Timing is everything! I would most definitely get that reviewed. Amazing card. Congratulations on owning it. I’m fascinated by the prices of our modern day sports GOAT’s!

CU Ancient Members badge member.

Collection: https://flickr.com/photos/185200668@N06/albums

• BishtwBishtw Posts: 181 ✭✭✭

Ive just started collecting in September of last year so i don't have a ton of inventory to choose from. My most valuable card in almost certainly the most boring card posted in this thread. Its a PSA 8 1957 Topps Bazooka seried 1/2 checklist.
    Its a Pop 20 with only 1 graded higher (Pop 9).

I can't post a picture of my favorite card because its on a 4+ month vacation in Newport Beach but its a 1948 Leaf Slinging Sammy Baugh. If i remember this thread in the summer when it returns home ill come back and post a pic of it.

1954 Football Bowman
    1956 Topps
    1957 Topps
    Redskins HOF Rookies
    Redskins Ring of Fame Rookies
    Slinging Sammy Baugh
    Redskins Tickets (Stubs)
    Redskins Matchbooks

• krisd3279krisd3279 Posts: 808 ✭✭✭✭

@Bishtw Any unmarked checklist that old and in that condition is great in my book!

Kris

My 1971 Topps adventure - Davis Men in Black

• TiborTibor Posts: 3,197 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Bishtw I see a really nice Hi-grade unmarked checklist
    from a difficult year. All early checklists that are unmarked
    are true treasures. I don't see the boring card, you may need
    to re-post it. :):):)

• KendallCatKendallCat Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭✭✭

Most valuable now is probably my 15 CJ Cobb below, and funny thing is the other day i said something to my wife about selling it because i have had 3-4 REALLY good offers on it. She said why sell it - that is such a sweet card. Not many wives say that.

I would say it right now it is favorite 1A along with these two at 1B and 1C. Mainly because they are popular cards and what I paid for them versus what it would cost me to find an 8/8.5 to replace the eye appeal would be $$$. Have thought about getting a Ryan 8/8.5 but can’t justify it when the below example looks like an 8/8.5 with no flaws.

• Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

She said why sell it - that is such a sweet card. Not many wives say that.

So true Keith.

Talked with your wife at the National and she had very flattering things to say about the joy collecting gave you - overall impression emoted? Total support in what you were doing. And yes, rare.

My wife? Supportive but thinks I'm nuts!

Mike
  • KendallCatKendallCat Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the note Mike. She enjoys collecting with us, and will crack open modern stuff with us at home. She has been to about 7-8 Nationals with me along with Jr - she might have to miss Chicago this year and ruin her streak. We are already booked for the Doubletree and plenty of Gibson’s and cookies. 😄

KC

• BishtwBishtw Posts: 181 ✭✭✭

@Tibor said:
    @Bishtw I see a really nice Hi-grade unmarked checklist
    from a difficult year. All early checklists that are unmarked
    are true treasures. I don't see the boring card, you may need
    to re-post it. :):):)

@krisd3279 said:
    @Bishtw Any unmarked checklist that old and in that condition is great in my book!

Appreciate the love fella's. I've just started collecting in Aug of last year and that checklist was one of the 15 cards I submitted using the 15 free vouchers you get with the membership. I was a pleasantly surprised when i got that one back.

1954 Football Bowman
    1956 Topps
    1957 Topps
    Redskins HOF Rookies
    Redskins Ring of Fame Rookies
    Slinging Sammy Baugh
    Redskins Tickets (Stubs)
    Redskins Matchbooks

• TiborTibor Posts: 3,197 ✭✭✭✭✭

You did well ! I'm a big fan of the 1957 set.

• addicted2ebayaddicted2ebay Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 1, 2019 11:24AM

My best card... psa 3 nq

My favorite ones... I’d like to start a Jim Abbott registry set but he’s not on the list of players.

Kendallcat that CJ Cobb is beautiful... probably a 20k card.

• amp0909amp0909 Posts: 80 ✭✭✭

Most valuable

Favorites

• My favorite

• @vintagecard said:
    My favorite

• orioles93orioles93 Posts: 3,463 ✭✭✭✭✭

Most valuable:

Favorites:

What I Collect:

PSA HOF Baseball Postwar Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 77.97% Complete)

PSA Pro Football HOF Rookie Players Set Registry- (Currently 19.26% Complete)

PSA Basketball HOF Players Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 6.02% Complete)
  • rdeffleyrdeffley Posts: 85 ✭✭

This qualifies as my most valuable and favorite. 71 PSA9 Nolan Ryan. Out of all the PSA9's I've seen for this card, this is the nicest one I've ever laid eyes on.

For the 71 Topps, there are no 10's and only 31 9's. So less than 1% of submissions.

• LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

@addicted2ebay said:
    My favorite ones... I’d like to start a Jim Abbott registry set but he’s not on the list of players.

Get 5 different ones graded and you can request it here: https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/mysetregistry/newsetrequest

• hyperchipper09hyperchipper09 Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭✭✭

Some good stuff in this thread. Nothing in the real high rent district, Alworth & Rickey rookie. and Alworth is my overall favorite.

• AFLfanAFLfan Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice Alworth rookie. Centering is such a tough issue for that card (and set). I'm a Alworth huge fan, though I mostly collect autographed cards.

Todd Tobias - Grateful Collector - I focus on autographed American Football League sets, Fleer & Topps, 1960-1969, and lacrosse cards.
  • addicted2ebayaddicted2ebay Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭✭

@LarkinCollector said:

@addicted2ebay said:

Get 5 different ones graded and you can request it here: https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/mysetregistry/newsetrequest

Okay thank you! I’m gonna get on that.

• rdeffleyrdeffley Posts: 85 ✭✭

@hyperchipper09 said:
    Some good stuff in this thread. Nothing in the real high rent district, Alworth & Rickey rookie. and Alworth is my overall favorite.

Man..centering on the Rickey is FANTASTIC all around. Have you thought about resubbing for a minimum 10 grade review?

What's the back look like?

• fiveninerfiveniner Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭

I WOULD SAY MY 55 Clemente RC
    Favorite 1959 Topps Mickey Mantle.

Tony(AN ANGEL WATCHES OVER ME)
  • LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

@addicted2ebay said:

@LarkinCollector said:

@addicted2ebay said:

Okay thank you! I’m gonna get on that.

Be prepared for a long wait, but I know they're cranking through a healthy batch at regular intervals: https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/news

• bishopbishop Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭

As someone who is obsessive about master set the two 52 Mantles were a major problem

but my favorites are

Topps Baseball-1948, 1951 to 2017
    Bowman Baseball -1948-1955
    Fleer Baseball-1923, 1959-2007

Al