Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

What's your most valuable card in your collection ...and #2 your most favorite card?

2»

Comments

• hyperchipper09hyperchipper09 Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭✭✭

@rdeffley said:

@hyperchipper09 said:
    Some good stuff in this thread. Nothing in the real high rent district, Alworth & Rickey rookie. and Alworth is my overall favorite.

Man..centering on the Rickey is FANTASTIC all around. Have you thought about resubbing for a minimum 10 grade review?

What's the back look like?

@rdeffley said:

@hyperchipper09 said:
    Some good stuff in this thread. Nothing in the real high rent district, Alworth & Rickey rookie. and Alworth is my overall favorite.

Man..centering on the Rickey is FANTASTIC all around. Have you thought about resubbing for a minimum 10 grade review?

What's the back look like?

Back wouldn't be a problem but at the very top edge of the card above the er in henderson is enough small damage to keep out of a 10.

• frankhardyfrankhardy Posts: 8,044 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 6, 2019 5:07PM

Ok, I am joining in. I can't touch what some of you guys have posted, but I like my mix of rarity and value.

Up first is my most valuable. It is my most valuable because it is my most rare. I honestly can't put a price on it. There are only 2 known examples of this card. The owner of the other one has already chimed in with some other cards....if he wants to "fess up" he can. Up until a few years ago it was unknown to the hobby who #19 in this set even was. To me, it is priceless, because I would never be able to replace it in my Cardinals collection. As for market value, I really don't know.

1955 Topps Hocus Focus #19 Wally Moon (next to a nearly as rare Harvey Haddix)

001-1955-Topps-Hocus-Focus

As for my favorite cards, I had a hard time deciding, so I chose to include all three.

1986 Fleer Michael Jordan PSA 8

2001 Topps Traded Albert Pujols Signed JSA (these are much more scarce than most think....I have seen a total of 3 signed)

1968 Topps 3D Curt Flood PSA 5

004-1986-Fleer-Jordan-PSA-8

005-2001-Topps-Trade-Pujols-Signed-JSA

006-1968-Topps-3-D-Flood-PSA-5

Shane

• BunchOBullBunchOBull Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭

Most valuable and one of my favorites:

Favorites:

Collector of most things Frank Thomas. www.BigHurtHOF.com
  • DM23HOFDM23HOF Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭✭✭

That Wilt brightened my morning coffee break. The pack, too. And the no name. Great stuff.

Instagram: mattyc_collection

• CenteredMantlesCenteredMantles Posts: 164 ✭✭✭

The 52 Topps is my most expensive, the Jordan is my favorite, especially when displayed alongside my game used concords. Now, if I can ever score something game used from the Mick... Oh boy!

• CenteredMantlesCenteredMantles Posts: 164 ✭✭✭

That Wilt is STUNNING!

So many gorgeous cards here fellas.

• dan89dan89 Posts: 484 ✭✭✭✭✭

Favorite is either the Jordan or 75 Ryan. Most expensive is the Mick rookie

• LOTSOSLOTSOS Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 8, 2019 2:13PM

The Gretzky is most likely the most valuable to everyone else resale wise. The French Connection is my favorite.

Kevin

• frankhardyfrankhardy Posts: 8,044 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow! Those Jordan PSA 9's make my 8....well....look like an 8! Those Jordan 11's.....I would just love to own a pair of retro's!

Shane

• craig44craig44 Posts: 10,384 ✭✭✭✭✭

Love that Yaz pack!!!

George Brett, Bobby Orr and Terry Bradshaw.

• 1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 9, 2019 12:26PM

@MLBdays said:
    @lotsos....Your Gretzky is a poetry in motion 9....stunning....I think you have motivated me to land one b4 my cremation. I actually prefer the Topps issue for its cleaner, smoother edges.

I think the hardest thing about this thread is avoiding ‘inspiration’; I want everything in this thread.

Frank Thomas - what a beast he was.

Griffey Jr - The kid! The smile! The swing!

Jordan’s, Gretzky’s, The Motherfunking French Connection!?!?!!

How many 52T311’s?

WHAT A THREAD!

Can I have s’more, please, sir?

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• psychumppsychump Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭

OK here's mine... I would like to upgrade the Rose. That was upgraded from a 7OC. The Mays was from a fanfest signing and he couldn't sign my Giants cap so I asked (yelled) if anybody had something to sign and this was handed up!

Tallulah Bankhead — 'There have been only two geniuses in the world. Willie Mays and Willie Shakespeare.'