• ilikemonstersilikemonsters Posts: 767 ✭✭✭✭

How’s the fun show? Wish I could’ve made it

• onlyroosiesonlyroosies Posts: 3,281 ✭✭✭✭

@ilikemonsters said:
    How’s the fun show? Wish I could’ve made it

You are here. I saw you yesterday

• rainbowroosierainbowroosie Posts: 4,874 ✭✭✭✭

No new Roosies for me, but I bought a toy.

"You keep your 1804 dollar and 1822 half eagle -- give me rainbow roosies in MS68."
    rainbowroosie April 1, 2003
  • MistercoinmanMistercoinman Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭

Hello all of my Roosevelt buddies through the years. I had to sign in to wish the greatest Roosevelt dime collector of all time farewell. Nick you are a inspiration to all collector of coins to achieve prefection. You will be surely missed. Ps Hi Paul and Jon!

• labloverlablover Posts: 3,590 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Mistercoinman said:
    Hello all of my Roosevelt buddies through the years. I had to sign in to wish the greatest Roosevelt dime collector of all time farewell. Nick you are a inspiration to all collector of coins to achieve prefection. You will be surely missed. Ps Hi Paul and Jon!

Just spent time with Nick (and other Roosie buddies) at FUN. Did he go somewhere today?

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
    edited January 14, 2019 6:14AM

Left to right:

Rainbowroosie
    I can't tell you, but heck of a nice guy
    ilikemonsters, a real cool young Roosie Collector
    Onlyroosies,
    Kit, Nick's Brother-in-Law
    John, friend of Nick's
    (Nick has to bring friends, he has no Roosie friends) ;)
    Lablover, yep that's me...not much to look at. How big can my nose get? Must have been a wide angle lens.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
  • MistercoinmanMistercoinman Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭

Let’s go with the wide angle lens on that photo. Lablover you are another long time Roosie collector and have put together some great sets. I was a long time collector of Roosie but gave up because I just could not keep up with Nick. I sold off most of my Roosie sets to peruse bust dimes, but still remember my Roosie friends. Thanks for the photos. Mistercoinman

Free alas!

@ilikemonsters said:
    Free alas!

Someone got a much better deal than I did... :o

edited February 1, 2019 8:09PM

The first 1955-S Roosevelt Dime in MS67+FB has been graded at PCGS. This is a pop 1/0 coin. I believe this opens up the door for a second to be made.

If anybody knows where this coin is, please forward me a message.

• erwindocerwindoc Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭✭✭

@lablover said:

Left to right:

Rainbowroosie
    I can't tell you, but heck of a nice guy
    ilikemonsters, a real cool young Roosie Collector
    Onlyroosies,
    Kit, Nick's Brother-in-Law
    John, friend of Nick's
    (Nick has to bring friends, he has no Roosie friends) ;)
    Lablover, yep that's me...not much to look at. How big can my nose get? Must have been a wide angle lens.

Good to put faces with all the names/avatars!

edited February 3, 2019 8:59PM

@ilikemonsters said:
    The first 1955-S Roosevelt Dime in MS67+FB has been graded at PCGS. This is a pop 1/0 coin. I believe this opens up the door for a second to be made.

If anybody knows where this coin is, please forward me a message.

Based on the pic that is one of the nicest 55S FB dimes I’ve seen. I’m a buyer PM me

• StoogeStooge Posts: 4,639 ✭✭✭✭✭

Is it me, or does this '55-S seam a bit worn in the hair lines and at the bottom of the torch above the bottom bands?

Later, Paul.

meh coin.

"You keep your 1804 dollar and 1822 half eagle -- give me rainbow roosies in MS68."

@Stooge said:
    Is it me, or does this '55-S seam a bit worn in the hair lines and at the bottom of the torch above the bottom bands?

A bit weak in the strike on the torch but that's better than a weakly struck rim. The hair looks fine, I think what you see is lighting. I like the coin. But seeing it in hand may prove different

edited February 3, 2019 10:09PM

Frankly I was surprised when @onlyroosies told me that this was one of the best 55-S Roosevelt's he's ever seen. Although I suppose that strike-wise it is the best I've ever seen. Though, I will choose @rainbowroosie example any day of the week.

The thing I love about this 67+FB is all the die polishing. I can only imagine how proof-like this coin appears in hand (heart-eyes emoji).

I can't believe I spelled seem wrong! :#

Later, Paul.

I spelled nicest wrong then edited it :D:D

@ilikemonsters said:
    Frankly I was surprised when @onlyroosies told me that this was one of the best 55-S Roosevelt's he's ever seen. Although I suppose that strike-wise it is the best I've ever seen. Though, I will choose @rainbowroosie example any day of the week.

The thing I love about this 67+FB is all the die polishing. I can only imagine how proof-like this coin appears in hand (heart-eyes emoji).

I said it was the nicest FB 55S I have seen. Rainbowroosie doesn't have an FB example.

edited February 4, 2019 5:33PM

The 1955-S is one of the dates I really like since they come so nicely toned. Not FB, but pretty cool to me...here's my small hoard:

• KhaymanKhayman Posts: 71 ✭✭✭

Beautiful coins, Jim! Love the green Rev on the first one - such a rare toning in large amounts.

@Khayman said:
    Beautiful coins, Jim! Love the green Rev on the first one - such a rare toning in large amounts.

Here is a photo of it when it was raw. The days when I didn’t know how to grade, the good ol’ days

Love the coin Billy, but something about it does not look natural. Perhaps in-hand he's much different. Or, maybe it's just the image. Either way, he's graded and PCGS thinks it's all good!!!!

edited February 6, 2019 8:28PM

Your right the photo is dull. Looks far more lustrous and vibrant in real life.

A 1969D MS68FB just showed up in the pop report. Wow! I'd like to see that coin. If anyone knows who made it I'm a buyer

Onlyroosies

@onlyroosies said:
    A 1969D MS68FB just showed up in the pop report. Wow! I'd like to see that coin. If anyone knows who made it I'm a buyer

Onlyroosies

Obviously with the edition of the '75-D in 8FB, '74-7FB, and several others, there is some serious roll and mint set searching going on by either 1 individual or several guys. Anyone have a clue as to whom these slabbers could be?

Later, Paul.
  • KhaymanKhayman Posts: 71 ✭✭✭

Paul - Great point. I wish I knew who they were - hiring them might save me some money!!!

This 1951-S Rattler Roosevelt is a NewP. It is a dupe, i already have one in the same grade, but I will always welcome dupes. I have 13 total so far, with two dupes.

@ilikemonsters You keep ur dimes in the bathroom?

Later, Paul.

@Stooge said:
    @ilikemonsters You keep ur dimes in the bathroom?

Shhh!! Keep it a secret