Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Anyone up for some Roosie Talk? - Thread #5

Comments

• Options
    StoogeStooge Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭

@lablover said:

@rainbowroosie said:
    Not too early to start FUN planning for Roosie guys. Thursday evening at my room, bring your best red wine. Jim has earmarked an Opus One, Nick is a Caymus Select, and I have something very special planned. Then we stagger across the street to the Capital Grille to eat like kings. Sound like a plan? Anyone else want to join in?

2009 Opus One from me and can't wait to see my roosie friends. I might even bring a Caymus 40th Anniversary bottle. If you like Pinot Noir, how about a #1 Evening Land? Hope I can make it back to my room... :o

Can't find ur room if ya don't tell us where ur staying?

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    rainbowroosierainbowroosie Posts: 4,874 ✭✭✭✭

Nick and I are planning the details. Will finalize for all well before the show.

"You keep your 1804 dollar and 1822 half eagle -- give me rainbow roosies in MS68."
    rainbowroosie April 1, 2003
  • Options
    SiriusBlackSiriusBlack Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭✭✭

This is a raw coin I picked up for my 7070 type set, but I wanted to share it since it's the best roosie I have. Hope you enjoy! I'm still a little shady on photos, but I'm learning more and more each time I set up to take new photos.

Collector of randomness. Photographer at PCGS. Lover of Harry Potter.

• Options
    KhaymanKhayman Posts: 71 ✭✭✭

I can't believe the 1975-P 68FB just went for $6,366! That is mad money, and yes it's a Pop 1/0 but. . . wow. :#

• Options

1975-DDDDD.

• Options

@Khayman said:
    I can't believe the 1975-P 68FB just went for $6,366! That is mad money, and yes it's a Pop 1/0 but. . . wow. :#

Well did ya get it???

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    onlyroosiesonlyroosies Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭✭

John, That just means all your pop 1/0 clads just went way up in value.

• Options

@Stooge said:

@Khayman said:

Well did ya get it???

I'm not the type of person to self-advertise a win like that, though I wish like hell I had won it! The value's just not there at that price point, IMHO - the person who got it obviously thinks differently.

• Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,706 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 8, 2018 12:48AM

John. you the underbidder?

Wondercoin

Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options

Not me, Mitch. If anybody finds out where it lands please let the rest of us know.

• Options
    edited October 8, 2018 8:25PM

Seeing as this is a Roosie string, does anyone remember a very early graded 59p in 68, I keep thinking Teketrade sold it a long time ago. If so, does it still exist? Also, was there a 57d in a 68 rattler holder? Again, if so, does anyone know where it is? A picture of either would be wonderful.

"You keep your 1804 dollar and 1822 half eagle -- give me rainbow roosies in MS68."
  • Options
    QBertQBert Posts: 311 ✭✭✭

@Khayman said:

The searches will be super charged👍

• Options
    labloverlablover Posts: 3,603 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 12, 2018 4:01PM

We need some pictures to spice it up some. So, show off your BLUE Roosies, just love the blue's:

!

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
  • Options

Jim, If I remember right your 47S pic above was graded NGC MS68+

• Options
    AlongAlong Posts: 466 ✭✭✭✭

Picked this one up earlier in the week

• Options
    robecrobec Posts: 6,606 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options

@onlyroosies said:

Nick,

Not the coin you're thinking about. This one is in an NGC old holder graded MS67. Planning on submitting...hope it hits 68+*

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
  • Options

Nice Roosies guy's!!!

• Options
    edited October 16, 2018 5:00PM

@lablover said:

@onlyroosies said:

Nick,

Not the coin you're thinking about. This one is in an NGC old holder graded MS67. Planning on submitting...hope it hits 68+*

Nick, I think this is the coin you're thinking about?

• Options

@robec said:

Those are some sweet Roosies!!!

• Options
    BGBG Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭✭✭

Can't even touch the Roosies you all have in your set's. Here is my newest:

photo eBay 1957 NGC Roosie in 67 Slab Obv  2.jpg
    Seller's Image

photo thumbnail Roosie Combo 5  AA.png

Bob Campbell's Image

• Options

Been looking at a lot of Roosies & can’t help but notice there seems to be a lot of 46-S in 67FB & 67+FB with attractive color.

Anyone know why this year and mintmark seems to be plentiful in high grade color?

• Options

It’s location in albums. That corner usually toned very nicely.

• Options

@rainbowroosie said:
    It’s location in albums. That corner usually toned very nicely.

Say what?

• Options

Very interesting - thanks

• Options

Given how many are on eBay and DLR, etc...it seems like seller asking prices are a little high at $300+?

• Options

@Along said:
    Been looking at a lot of Roosies & can’t help but notice there seems to be a lot of 46-S in 67FB & 67+FB with attractive color.

Anyone know why this year and mintmark seems to be plentiful in high grade color?

I'm not really sure what the answer is, but I can tell you it is one of the most plentiful dates/MM's in the entire silver series bursting with vivid colors. I personally now own 12 of these in 66FB and higher, all wonderfully toned. Here are 2 that I really like.

MS66FB

MS67FB FS-502

Later, Paul.
  • Options

Someone just made a 1947P MS68FB pop 1/0. Anyone know who or where the coin is.

• Options

@onlyroosies said:
    Someone just made a 1947P MS68FB pop 1/0. Anyone know who or where the coin is.

I still can't believe not a single MS69FB has been made in the silver series, let alone not another 8+FB. I thought by now we'd see 1 of these hit.

Later, Paul.
  • Options

Now a pop 1/0 1062D just got made too. Paul I would bet a couple more 68+FB's get made with in a few months.

• Options

@onlyroosies said:
    Now a pop 1/0 1062D just got made too. Paul I would bet a couple more 68+FB's get made with in a few months.

How often do you check the pop reports? Is it every day?

Later, Paul.
  • Options

@Stooge said:

@onlyroosies said:

How often do you check the pop reports? Is it every day?

No..... Come on. I check them at least 3 times a day😉

• Options

Big difference in images from GC auction last night

• Options

The other image is a true view, but keeps saying the host needs to approve the post first

• Options

Decent price for 55-sFb? Thoughts

• Options

@QBert said:

What did it sell for? I missed it

• Options

Here is the true view from my previous post

• Options

@onlyroosies said:

@QBert said:

What did it sell for? I missed it

Not sure , I thought the asking prices was high though. ~1500

• Options

Since some of you have inquired beforehand, a quick heads up that I've decided to break apart my 'Stellar' collection (#7, '46-'64) and the first batch (including the rainbow '57-P 66+FB) is available on Justin's site:

https://www.ebay.com/str/monstercoinmart/Roosevelt-1946-Now/_i.html?_sacat=39458&_sop=16&rt=nc

-John

• Options

Just realized that should have gone on the BST board - sorry!!! :#

• Options
    ilikemonstersilikemonsters Posts: 767 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 4, 2018 11:21PM

@Khayman said:

• Options
    edited November 4, 2018 10:31PM

I like monsters...

Just curious since I do no shipping myself and you appear to be familiar with this area...

If a coin sells for, say, $850 on eBay and seller ships it to you priority mail insured for $850... what is the cost of that shipping?

Wondercoin.

Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options
    edited November 4, 2018 10:50PM

Oh... I was just made aware of this table...

UNITED STATES POSTAL SERVICE

INSURANCE FEE RATES

Fee . . . . . . . . . . Insurance Coverage
    $1.65 ................ $0.01 to $50
    $2.05 ................ $50.01 to $100
    $2.45 ................ $100.01 to $200
    $4.60 ................ $200.01 to $300
    $5.50 ................ $300.01 to $400
    $6.40 ................ $400.01 to $500
    $7.30……………$500.01 to $600
    $7.30 plus $0.90 per $100 or fraction thereof over $600 to $5,000.

So, insurance would cost about $10.00. Plus about $7.50 or so for a priority mail shipment- yes? So, the $18.00 fee appears “spot on” if the coin sells for over $801. The shipping cost would be higher or lower if the coin sells for more or less than the $801-$900 range. Agreed? I think I understand the rates now.

So, I like monsters... it appears you calling out Justin on the $18 shipping fee is based upon your belief that the coin is worth substantially less than $800? Yes?

Wondercoin.

Edited to add... oops ..
    It appears rates on insurance may have recently gone up. It now costs $11.75 to insure $801+. Looks like Justin can only cover $700 or so in insurance for that $18 shipping fee.

• Options
    ilikemonstersilikemonsters Posts: 767 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 4, 2018 11:22PM

@wondercoin said:
    I like monsters...

Just curious since I do no shipping myself and you appear to be familiar with this area...

If a coin sells for, say, $850 on eBay and seller ships it to you priority mail insured for $850... what is the cost of that shipping?

Wondercoin.

• Options
    edited November 5, 2018 3:09PM

Some very nice MS67+ coins in the set as well.

Wondercoin.

• Options

@Khayman said:

John, it's OK to offer coins here on the registry forum if they are registry quality and yours definitely qualify as quality.

• Options

@onlyroosies said:

@Khayman said:

John, it's OK to offer coins here on the registry forum if they are registry quality and yours definitely qualify as quality.

Congrats Nick on your 3,000 post! I have a riddle for you.

"Then there was one"

Post your answer here.

Later, Paul.
  • Options

stooge,
    “Bottle of wine left out of the case after Jim showed up.”

• Options

Speaking of wine, the official Roosie dinner at FUN will be Thursday night. If you plan to attend, PM either Nick >:) or Me o:)