Anyone up for some Roosie Talk? - Thread #5

Comments

• Options
    onlyroosiesonlyroosies Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭✭

@Stooge said:

@onlyroosies said:

@Khayman said:
    Just realized that should have gone on the BST board - sorry!!! :#

John, it's OK to offer coins here on the registry forum if they are registry quality and yours definitely qualify as quality.

Congrats Nick on your 3,000 post! I have a riddle for you.

"Then there was one"

Post your answer here.

You just made the first and only MS69FB Silver Roosie?

• Options
    StoogeStooge Posts: 4,646 ✭✭✭✭✭

@onlyroosies said:

@Stooge said:

@onlyroosies said:

@Khayman said:
    Just realized that should have gone on the BST board - sorry!!! :#

John, it's OK to offer coins here on the registry forum if they are registry quality and yours definitely qualify as quality.

Congrats Nick on your 3,000 post! I have a riddle for you.

"Then there was one"

Post your answer here.

You just made the first and only MS69FB Silver Roosie?

Nice try. No. The answer is on this website...that's ur 1st clue.

Later, Paul.
  • Options

Lablover hasn't hit 3000 post yet ;);)

• Options

@onlyroosies said:

Nope,

You one time asked me if I had a 1958 Roosie. I still don't.

Later, Paul.
  • Options

• Options

Paul, You only need the 58P in FB to complete your silver set all FB.

• Options

@onlyroosies said:
    Paul, You only need the 58P in FB to complete your silver set all FB.

You got it.

I'm needing just the '58 in 66FB or higher. Now that John is breaking up his #7 set, I may go after his '58, then the upgrading begins....+ more work on the clad set.

Funny how you asked me I had 1 could part with.

Later, Paul.
  • Options

Paul you are out of luck. The 58P in Johns Steller set is just a lowly 66.

• Options
    ilikemonstersilikemonsters Posts: 767 ✭✭✭✭

The first 1974 FB Dime has been graded 67FB.

• Options

Yep, I saw it on the pop report. If anyone knows who made it I'd be interested in the coin.

• Options

@ilikemonsters said:

Looks like someone is busy with the '70's Roosies. Anyone hear where the '75-D 8FB went to?

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    labloverlablover Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Stooge said:

@ilikemonsters said:

Looks like someone is busy with the '70's Roosies. Anyone hear where the '75-D 8FB went to?

I'll confess...

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
  • Options

@onlyroosies said:
    Yep, I saw it on the pop report. If anyone knows who made it I'd be interested in the coin.

You know my number...

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
  • Options

@lablover said:

@onlyroosies said:

You know my number...

I'll trade you a bottle of screaming eagle for it.

• Options
    rainbowroosierainbowroosie Posts: 4,874 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 19, 2018 8:05PM

Bring that bottle of Screaming Eagle to FUN! >:)

"You keep your 1804 dollar and 1822 half eagle -- give me rainbow roosies in MS68."
    rainbowroosie April 1, 2003
  • Options

Attention golfers. We have one foursome already and interest in a second one. if you would like to play, please state so and maybe we can get that second Roosie group.

"You keep your 1804 dollar and 1822 half eagle -- give me rainbow roosies in MS68."
  • Options
    erwindocerwindoc Posts: 4,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 22, 2018 5:26PM

You guys have fun at FUN! Ill be in the trenches at work! Here are a couple of blue roosies for your approval!

Also have a nice 52P MS67FT that Jim might remember, but cannot find the images.... :'(

• Options

I'll take the 47S, thank you very much!!!

• Options

Can you believe this coin did not Star (*) at NGC when resubmitted.

• Options
    davids5104davids5104 Posts: 805 ✭✭✭✭

you all put my dimes to shame. i have some truly terrific ones, but all these are magical. this may sound dumb, but i do not appreciate painting, but coins that are great generate emotion in me. i get excited looking at them!

[Ebay Store - Come Visit]

Roosevelt Registry

transactions with cucamongacoin, FHC, mtinis, bigjpst, Rob41281, toyz4geo, erwindoc, add your name here!!!

• Options
    edited December 23, 2018 6:10AM

Jim, Im shocked that one didn't star! Maybe they didn't like the spot on the cheek?? You may need to get in line to ask the man in person at the FUN show! You could just sell it to me since it didn't make the cut! ;)

• Options
    edited December 23, 2018 6:08AM

@lablover said:

Which one? I posted two!

• Options

@erwindoc said:
    Jim, Im shocked that one didn't star! Maybe they didn't like the spot on the cheek?? You may need to get in line to ask the man in person at the FUN show! You could just sell it to me since it didn't make the cut! ;)

Yep, plan on asking with a few examples to show of ones with Stars that don't/didn't deserve.

• Options

@erwindoc said:

@lablover said:

Which one? I posted two!

The first one...

• Options

My recent pickup, care to GTG??? Merry Christmas everyone, may your Roosies be plentiful.

Later, Paul.
  • Options

Stooge,
    67FT

• Options

Paul, It looks 66+FB to me.

• Options
    edited December 23, 2018 6:32PM

The lone 1947 MS68 FB sold on GreatCollections tonight for a staggering and record breaking $8,719.88 all-in.

• Options

Wow!

• Options

That coin is pretty! For the money though, Ill keep mine(67*FT).

• Options

@onlyroosies said:
    Paul, It looks 66+FB to me.

You haven't lost your touch my friend. Merry Christmas Nick.

Later, Paul.
  • Options

@ilikemonsters said:
    The lone 1947 MS68 FB sold on GreatCollections tonight for a staggering and record breaking $8,719.88 all-in.

Hansen has it of course.

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    KhaymanKhayman Posts: 71 ✭✭✭

I'd like to know that same thing!> @Stooge said:

Great find, Paul. Love that coin, but at nowhere close to that price!

• Options
    KhaymanKhayman Posts: 71 ✭✭✭

@Stooge said:

@ilikemonsters said:

Hansen has it of course.

Don’t be so sure he got that one ;)

• Options

@Khayman said:

@Stooge said:

@ilikemonsters said:

Hansen has it of course.

Don’t be so sure he got that one ;)

Or, another...

@Stooge said:
    My recent pickup, care to GTG??? Merry Christmas everyone, may your Roosies be plentiful.

Paul,

Yours has similar color to my 47S 67+:

• Options

Later, Paul.
  • Options

@onlyroosies said:
    Now a pop 1/0 1062D just got made too. Paul I would bet a couple more 68+FB's get made with in a few months.

I thought the same thing around the time you said this. We'll see what happens at FUN....

• Options

Thanks to @mas3387 a.k.a. tazmicenterprises on eBay I have managed to complete my 12 coin run in the 2005-2010 Satin Finish Dimes all in MS69FB. I have to admit that I don't agree with PCGS's grading on a couple of these and will likely upgrade a few with the same grades until I'm happy with all of them. I actually haver a few dimes in my clad set especially that don't make the grade.

PCGS, please get better at grading bands!

Later, Paul.
  • Options

A funny thing happened on the way to the "registry sets" the other day..... I noticed that Hansen's Silver Roosie
    set included the 1947P MS68FB pop 1/0. Nothing unusual here as we would all expect him to outbid everyone else for a
    pop 1/0. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary except that I did notice that the coin was added to his set several hours
    before the auction ended. Hmmmm I thought, The owner must have pulled it and sold it direct. But the auction for the
    1947P 68FB continued. Could a second have been made and that was the coin Hansen added. No, the pic of the coin
    in his set was the coin in the GC auction. He must have put in a bid so high that (my guess was $12K) that he expected
    to win the coin. Maybe then he went to bed and never gave it another thought.Then several days after the auction closed the coin vanished from Hansen's set and show's up in the Halcyon set. Did Hansen hate the coin and sell it to John? Another Hmmmmm. Hansen couldn't have added it to his set before he actually owned it, Could he? Again Hmmmmm.

I'd sure like DL to chime in and tell us what exactly happened.

What say you all????

Onlyroosies

• Options
    cointimecointime Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭✭✭

@AllCoinsRule said:
    Hansen's been adding coins in live auctions to his registry set for years, old news. I outbid him on one coin recently and it was removed promptly. The previous coin where that happened I never registered and then I resold it but noticed it was still in Hansen's set when I sold it (like a year after I bought it).

That is very interesting.... If I recall the rules of the Registry state...…. ;)

• Options

Jaime is 100% correct. I have been following the Hansen thread from it's inception and it is an absolutely amazing thread. One of the best I've seen in my 16yrs on this forum. That said, Hansen takes the cert #'s from auctions and adds them to his set to see what it does for said set. He has been asked to use the "What if" function but doesn't. He has literally 100's of sets and he is adding coins so fast he just can't keep up with all of it. He actually has hired help to add and subtract coins in his registry, including he has multiple sets within a certain catagory because he buys entire complete top tier sets just to obtain a few coins. It's maddning, not to mention totally amazing to see the growth of his sets. He has 3 Roosie silver sets. #1, #4, & #73.

He is about 26 coins, all of the exceedingly rare to complete the entire 1792-1964 basic U.S. Coin set. :o:o:o

Nick, I wasn't surprised at all to see it in his set and then a couple of days ago....BAM!!! It's in Halcyons set. I was confused for a brief moment, then realized it's Hansen were dealing with. IMHO, it's a big mistake that he passed on it. He has passed on some very obvious choices for upgrades.

Later, Paul.
  • Options

Paul, You and Jaime answered a lot of questions about Hansen. I never realized Hansen did this on such a regular basis. I haven't followed the Hansen Thread. Do you have a link to it.

Nick

• Options

@onlyroosies said:
    Paul, You and Jaime answered a lot of questions about Hansen. I never realized Hansen did this on such a regular basis. I haven't followed the Hansen Thread. Do you have a link to it.

Nick

Nick,

I can understand you not following this thread...after all you are "Only"Roosies! LOL Here is the link. Try and free up about a week so you can read it all.

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/997819/hansen-watch/p1

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    edited January 6, 2019 7:25PM

@onlyroosies said:

Nick

Nick,

I can understand you not following this thread...after all you are "Only"Roosies! LOL Here is the link. Try and free up about a week so you can read it all.

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/997819/hansen-watch/p1

I'm sure all the talk of Hansen (whoever he is) just sends his juices flowing. Really, this is like those who Keep Up With The Kardashian's.

• Options
    edited January 6, 2019 9:53PM

FUN is here. The Roosie dinner is 7:30 on Thursday. Please PM either Nick or me if you want to attend. We will need a reservation.

• Options
    edited January 6, 2019 9:59PM

@rainbowroosie said:
    FUN is here. The Roosie dinner is 7:30 on Thursday. Please PM either Nick or me if you want to attend. We will need a reservation.

Will be there.