Anyone up for some Roosie Talk? - Thread #5

1246710

Comments

  • MACGE1MACGE1 Posts: 262 ✭✭✭

    @Stooge said:

    @MACGE1 said:

    @Stooge said:
    Have you received the '08-D yet? Is it a true 8FB or is it getting your 90FB label?

    Not yet, I should have it in a few days.

    There’s a very nice group of clad roosies this week at GC, please post if you win anything cool.

    I see the coin is listed on eBay now for 3xs what you paid for it. I guess I don't get an answer to my question.
    Lately there has been a serious rash on Roosies selling for moderate prices on Great Collections, only to be listed on eBay the very next week at bloated prices. I've unfortunately been an under bidder on a few of these dimes, and unbelievably they have been selling.
    Flippers are really hammering the Roosies and collectors are just not doing their homework. Essentially giving their money away.
    Enjoy you huge profit as I'm sure someone will buy it.

    You’re referring to the 2008d, correct?
    There’s a BO on it, so I’m willing to take less. I should clarify that while I am a dealer, I’m prefectly happy owning rare moderns as I do enjoy them immensely. Hence the price, as I’m in no rush to get rid of it.

    I completely agree with you that roosie’s are slipping through the cracks. The 1970 in 65FB basically went for free.

    Which question are you referring to please?

  • MACGE1MACGE1 Posts: 262 ✭✭✭

    @Stooge said:

    @MACGE1 said:
    Not yet, I should have it in a few days.

    There’s a very nice group of clad roosies this week at GC, please post if you win anything cool.

    I would love to know who "The Centurian collection" is? He or she has some incredible Roosies.

    I don’t think it’s fair of me to announce his name publicly. I’d have to ask him and Ian First probably.

  • MACGE1MACGE1 Posts: 262 ✭✭✭

    @onlyroosies said:

    @Stooge said:

    I see the coin is listed on eBay now for 3xs what you paid for it. I guess I don't get an answer to my question.
    Lately there has been a serious rash on Roosies selling for moderate prices on Great Collections, only to be listed on eBay the very next week at bloated prices. I've unfortunately been an under bidder on a few of these dimes, and unbelievably they have been selling.
    Flippers are really hammering the Roosies and collectors are just not doing their homework. Essentially giving their money away.
    Enjoy you huge profit as I'm sure someone will buy it.

    Paul,

    I don't think this is a fair poke at Eli. The coin sold way below what I even think it is worth. It's not his fault it hammered so cheap. Had I not missed the auction I would have bid upwards of $750 for the coin. Eli is a dealer and has the right to ask whatever he wants. He, as we all know it's a pop 2/0 with the other one residing in John's set and not going anywhere. So why not take a stab knowing there just might be another collector out there that doesn't really look on GC but does buy off eBay. I think it's a pretty smart move myself. If I had won the coin for $750 I would have just held onto if for future trading for a coin that could be used in John's set. If I had an interested party with cash I would have been asking $1000. So I don't see where Eli is that far off. He may even have it consigned and there's another cut. I'm sure he's taken losses in the past but we don't hear about those.

    Thanks Nick. I definitely don’t go around announcing my losses, they’re way too embarrassing. I should also mention that my max bid on the coin was $800ish if I’m not mistaken.

  • StoogeStooge Posts: 4,190 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @onlyroosies said:

    @Stooge said:

    I see the coin is listed on eBay now for 3xs what you paid for it. I guess I don't get an answer to my question.
    Lately there has been a serious rash on Roosies selling for moderate prices on Great Collections, only to be listed on eBay the very next week at bloated prices. I've unfortunately been an under bidder on a few of these dimes, and unbelievably they have been selling.
    Flippers are really hammering the Roosies and collectors are just not doing their homework. Essentially giving their money away.
    Enjoy your huge profit as I'm sure someone will buy it.

    Paul,

    I don't think this is a fair poke at Eli. The coin sold way below what I even think it is worth. It's not his fault it hammered so cheap. Had I not missed the auction I would have bid upwards of $750 for the coin. Eli is a dealer and has the right to ask whatever he wants. He, as we all know it's a pop 2/0 with the other one residing in John's set and not going anywhere. So why not take a stab knowing there just might be another collector out there that doesn't really look on GC but does buy off eBay. I think it's a pretty smart move myself. If I had won the coin for $750 I would have just held onto if for future trading for a coin that could be used in John's set. If I had an interested party with cash I would have been asking $1000. So I don't see where Eli is that far off. He may even have it consigned and there's another cut. I'm sure he's taken losses in the past but we don't hear about those.

    Nick, I hear you loud and clear. All I asked was a simple question as to whether the coin was all there. The dime looks as if it has some very mild chatter on the cheek and I couldn't really see the lower bands from GC's pics. I never got an answer which is fine. I'm not interested in the dime now. I made 1 and can certainly make another.
    I'm attempting to build a set as cheap as possible. Something that most or all collectors attempt to do, but it's quite irritating that some just buy to flip and really don't care about owning the coin. I'm all about making a profit myself and have done so with said coin selling to you 10yrs ago, but again after being outbid on at least a half dozen key Roosies in the past few weeks just to see them on eBay with bloated prices, makes me just a little sour.
    Am I right in stating this here...I feel that it should be said, but again, like you said, he has every right to sell at whatever he asks. I also have a right to move along and not buy it.
    BTW, it's good to hear from you Nick.


    Later, Paul.
  • StoogeStooge Posts: 4,190 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @MACGE1 said:
    You’re referring to the 2008d, correct?
    There’s a BO on it, so I’m willing to take less. I should clarify that while I am a dealer, I’m prefectly happy owning rare moderns as I do enjoy them immensely. Hence the price, as I’m in no rush to get rid of it.

    I completely agree with you that roosie’s are slipping through the cracks. The 1970 in 65FB basically went for free.

    Which question are you referring to please?

    My initial question was how does the '08-D look? Are the bands all there and also how much chatter was on the cheek. I really would like to know.


    Later, Paul.
  • StoogeStooge Posts: 4,190 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @MACGE1 said:
    I don’t think it’s fair of me to announce his name publicly. I’d have to ask him and Ian First probably.

    I know exactly who it is. Thanks anyways.


    Later, Paul.
  • MACGE1MACGE1 Posts: 262 ✭✭✭

    @Stooge said:

    @MACGE1 said:
    You’re referring to the 2008d, correct?
    There’s a BO on it, so I’m willing to take less. I should clarify that while I am a dealer, I’m prefectly happy owning rare moderns as I do enjoy them immensely. Hence the price, as I’m in no rush to get rid of it.

    I completely agree with you that roosie’s are slipping through the cracks. The 1970 in 65FB basically went for free.

    Which question are you referring to please?

    My initial question was how does the '08-D look? Are the bands all there and also how much chatter was on the cheek. I really would like to know.

    To answer your question, I haven’t seen the coin in hand or I would’ve responded. My mom has the eBay store, so anything destined for eBay gets sent directly to her. She lives about 1.5 hrs from where I do, next time I’m there I’ll take a look and report back.

  • MACGE1MACGE1 Posts: 262 ✭✭✭
    edited May 29, 2018 7:16PM

    @Stooge said:

    @onlyroosies said:

    @Stooge said:

    I see the coin is listed on eBay now for 3xs what you paid for it. I guess I don't get an answer to my question.
    Lately there has been a serious rash on Roosies selling for moderate prices on Great Collections, only to be listed on eBay the very next week at bloated prices. I've unfortunately been an under bidder on a few of these dimes, and unbelievably they have been selling.
    Flippers are really hammering the Roosies and collectors are just not doing their homework. Essentially giving their money away.
    Enjoy your huge profit as I'm sure someone will buy it.

    Paul,

    I don't think this is a fair poke at Eli. The coin sold way below what I even think it is worth. It's not his fault it hammered so cheap. Had I not missed the auction I would have bid upwards of $750 for the coin. Eli is a dealer and has the right to ask whatever he wants. He, as we all know it's a pop 2/0 with the other one residing in John's set and not going anywhere. So why not take a stab knowing there just might be another collector out there that doesn't really look on GC but does buy off eBay. I think it's a pretty smart move myself. If I had won the coin for $750 I would have just held onto if for future trading for a coin that could be used in John's set. If I had an interested party with cash I would have been asking $1000. So I don't see where Eli is that far off. He may even have it consigned and there's another cut. I'm sure he's taken losses in the past but we don't hear about those.

    Nick, I hear you loud and clear. All I asked was a simple question as to whether the coin was all there. The dime looks as if it has some very mild chatter on the cheek and I couldn't really see the lower bands from GC's pics. I never got an answer which is fine. I'm not interested in the dime now. I made 1 and can certainly make another.
    I'm attempting to build a set as cheap as possible. Something that most or all collectors attempt to do, but it's quite irritating that some just buy to flip and really don't care about owning the coin. I'm all about making a profit myself and have done so with said coin selling to you 10yrs ago, but again after being outbid on at least a half dozen key Roosies in the past few weeks just to see them on eBay with bloated prices, makes me just a little sour.
    Am I right in stating this here...I feel that it should be said, but again, like you said, he has every right to sell at whatever he asks. I also have a right to move along and not buy it.
    BTW, it's good to hear from you Nick.

    As I stated earlier, I’m not just someone who “doesn’t really care”. I enjoy collecting moderns as much as the next guy. Numismatics isn’t where I make my living, it’s a side hobby/job.

    Edited to add:

    Moderns and clad roosies in particular have a small following, as such I don’t want anyone in this limited space on bad terms with each other. Therefore I’ll propose the following, if the coin doesn’t sell in the next 2 months I’ll sell it to you if you’d like for $700. Nick just publicly stated that he’s willing to pay more then that for it, and my max bid was more then that as well.

  • ilikemonstersilikemonsters Posts: 406 ✭✭✭

    @MACGE1 said:

    @Stooge said:

    @MACGE1 said:

    @Stooge said:
    Have you received the '08-D yet? Is it a true 8FB or is it getting your 90FB label?

    Not yet, I should have it in a few days.

    There’s a very nice group of clad roosies this week at GC, please post if you win anything cool.

    I see the coin is listed on eBay now for 3xs what you paid for it. I guess I don't get an answer to my question.
    Lately there has been a serious rash on Roosies selling for moderate prices on Great Collections, only to be listed on eBay the very next week at bloated prices. I've unfortunately been an under bidder on a few of these dimes, and unbelievably they have been selling.
    Flippers are really hammering the Roosies and collectors are just not doing their homework. Essentially giving their money away.
    Enjoy you huge profit as I'm sure someone will buy it.

    You’re referring to the 2008d, correct?
    There’s a BO on it, so I’m willing to take less. I should clarify that while I am a dealer, I’m prefectly happy owning rare moderns as I do enjoy them immensely. Hence the price, as I’m in no rush to get rid of it.

    I completely agree with you that roosie’s are slipping through the cracks. The 1970 in 65FB basically went for free.

    Which question are you referring to please?

    I didn't think the 70P's bands were all there. I have seen 1974's with just as nice bands, which aren't in FB holders.

  • MACGE1MACGE1 Posts: 262 ✭✭✭

    @ilikemonsters said:

    @MACGE1 said:

    @Stooge said:

    @MACGE1 said:

    @Stooge said:
    Have you received the '08-D yet? Is it a true 8FB or is it getting your 90FB label?

    Not yet, I should have it in a few days.

    There’s a very nice group of clad roosies this week at GC, please post if you win anything cool.

    I see the coin is listed on eBay now for 3xs what you paid for it. I guess I don't get an answer to my question.
    Lately there has been a serious rash on Roosies selling for moderate prices on Great Collections, only to be listed on eBay the very next week at bloated prices. I've unfortunately been an under bidder on a few of these dimes, and unbelievably they have been selling.
    Flippers are really hammering the Roosies and collectors are just not doing their homework. Essentially giving their money away.
    Enjoy you huge profit as I'm sure someone will buy it.

    You’re referring to the 2008d, correct?
    There’s a BO on it, so I’m willing to take less. I should clarify that while I am a dealer, I’m prefectly happy owning rare moderns as I do enjoy them immensely. Hence the price, as I’m in no rush to get rid of it.

    I completely agree with you that roosie’s are slipping through the cracks. The 1970 in 65FB basically went for free.

    Which question are you referring to please?

    I didn't think the 70P's bands were all there. I have seen 1974's with just as nice bands, which aren't in FB holders.

    I bought that coin from Nick when it was in an older 64FB holder. They looked all there to me, I’d be curious for Nick to post his opinion.

  • StoogeStooge Posts: 4,190 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @MACGE1 said:

    @ilikemonsters said:
    I didn't think the 70P's bands were all there. I have seen 1974's with just as nice bands, which aren't in FB holders.

    I bought that coin from Nick when it was in an older 64FB holder. They looked all there to me, I’d be curious for Nick to post his opinion.

    If Nick owned this coin in a 4FB holder, it was my old coin. I paid $500 for it off of eBay and the coins top bands are all there, but I would say the bottom bands are about 90-95%, but that is just my opinion.


    Later, Paul.
  • StoogeStooge Posts: 4,190 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @MACGE1 said:
    Moderns and clad roosies in particular have a small following, as such I don’t want anyone in this limited space on bad terms with each other. Therefore I’ll propose the following, if the coin doesn’t sell in the next 2 months I’ll sell it to you if you’d like for $700. Nick just publicly stated that he’s willing to pay more then that for it, and my max bid was more then that as well.

    I tell you what...if you don't sell it by Aug. 1st, I'll take your offer for the coin @ $700.


    Later, Paul.
  • onlyroosiesonlyroosies Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭

    The 70P is Paul’s old 64FB coin. I agree that the bands are as close as can be. PC has seen the coin several times and must feel good that the bands are ok since they upgraded it. On a scale of 1-10 are they a 10. No there a 2 but still there.

  • ilikemonstersilikemonsters Posts: 406 ✭✭✭

    @onlyroosies said:
    The 70P is Paul’s old 64FB coin. I agree that the bands are as close as can be. PC has seen the coin several times and must feel good that the bands are ok since they upgraded it. On a scale of 1-10 are they a 10. No there a 2 but still there.

    Was this for sale here late last year?

  • onlyroosiesonlyroosies Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭

    @ilikemonsters said:

    I didn't think the 70P's bands were all there. I have seen 1974's with just as nice bands, which aren't in FB holders

    Yes. These are called liners. They can fall on either side of the line and are usually sent in multiple times until they fall on the side you want.

  • onlyroosiesonlyroosies Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭

    I had the 70P listed on BST a year or 2 ago

  • StoogeStooge Posts: 4,190 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @onlyroosies said:

    @ilikemonsters said:

    I didn't think the 70P's bands were all there. I have seen 1974's with just as nice bands, which aren't in FB holders

    Yes. These are called liners. They can fall on either side of the line and are usually sent in multiple times until they fall on the side you want.

    They're called "Liners"? Who came up with this title?


    Later, Paul.
  • onlyroosiesonlyroosies Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭

    I've heard that word used for as long as I can remember.

  • MercuryBenMercuryBen Posts: 51 ✭✭

    Hey everyone, my Digital Album of toned proof Roosevelt's was just nominated for Digital Album of the year. You can see my album here: https://pcgs.com/SetRegistry/album/141743. As many of you know, I have worked towards completing this album for years.

    Please vote for me if you like the album and like Roosevelts! It was the only Roosevelt album nominated and I think we need to show our love for Roosevelts!!!

    You can vote here: https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/999989/2018-pcgs-set-registry-awards-vote-for-your-favorite-digital-album

  • rainbowroosierainbowroosie Posts: 4,729 ✭✭✭✭

    Finally some real Roosies with color! MB has listed a great set, check it out.

    "You keep your 1804 dollar and 1822 half eagle -- give me rainbow roosies in MS68."
    rainbowroosie April 1, 2003
  • onlyroosiesonlyroosies Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭

    Another Roosie bites the dust on GC. A PCGS 2012-D MS68FB pop 3/0 hammers for $275. I'm not seeing where GC is the right venue for Roosies. The other 2 are locked up in collections. This was a pop 2/0 for years so this one was recently slabbed. So after 6 years with no 12-D 68FB's available when a new one is finally made it goes by un-noticed. Come on I know of 4 collectors that should have been bidding on this coin. I put my money on Paul winning this coin with a smile from ear to ear.

  • And on the flip side the 89-P 68FB (admittedly a 1/0) goes for $2,600 + fee! I have the lone 67+FB from Nick but was going to at least lay down a respectable bid to try to nab it. It was blown out of the water by someone.

  • StoogeStooge Posts: 4,190 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @onlyroosies said:
    Another Roosie bites the dust on GC. A PCGS 2012-D MS68FB pop 3/0 hammers for $275. I'm not seeing where GC is the right venue for Roosies. The other 2 are locked up in collections. This was a pop 2/0 for years so this one was recently slabbed. So after 6 years with no 12-D 68FB's available when a new one is finally made it goes by un-noticed. Come on I know of 4 collectors that should have been bidding on this coin. I put my money on Paul winning this coin with a smile from ear to ear.

    I wasn't home unfortunately. I had prior commitments.


    Later, Paul.
  • wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 15,406 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 4, 2018 5:12AM

    Justin (www.monstercoinmart.com) got strong money overall on the 7 or 8 clad Roosies he sold this weekend on eBay in the $300-$2,200/coin range. I know he plans to post a bunch more beginning this coming weekend.

    Wondercoin

    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • onlyroosiesonlyroosies Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭

    @wondercoin said:
    Justin (www.monstercoinmart.com) got strong money overall on the 7 or 8 clad Roosies he sold this weekend on eBay in the $300-$2,200/coin range. I know he plans to post a bunch more beginning this coming weekend.

    Wondercoin

    I saw these and was happy with the way they went. I thought the starting numbers were right on. that 79P was a fantastic coin, one of only 2 graded FB in all grades by PCGS. I'll be watching for others.

    Onlyroosies

  • onlyroosiesonlyroosies Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭

    @Khayman said:
    And on the flip side the 89-P 68FB (admittedly a 1/0) goes for $2,600 + fee! I have the lone 67+FB from Nick but was going to at least lay down a respectable bid to try to nab it. It was blown out of the water by someone.

    I would have been at $2K for that coin. Glad to see it did well.

  • onlyroosiesonlyroosies Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭

    @Stooge said:

    @onlyroosies said:
    Another Roosie bites the dust on GC. A PCGS 2012-D MS68FB pop 3/0 hammers for $275. I'm not seeing where GC is the right venue for Roosies. The other 2 are locked up in collections. This was a pop 2/0 for years so this one was recently slabbed. So after 6 years with no 12-D 68FB's available when a new one is finally made it goes by un-noticed. Come on I know of 4 collectors that should have been bidding on this coin. I put my money on Paul winning this coin with a smile from ear to ear.

    I wasn't home unfortunately. I had prior commitments.

    Paul, another miss. I figured you were all over that coin

  • MACGE1MACGE1 Posts: 262 ✭✭✭

    I missed the auction as well last night. I had the 2012 D in my watchlist, it’s obviously worth a lot more then what it sold for.

  • onlyroosiesonlyroosies Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭

    2 of the 4 collectors I mentioned missed the auction. Jaime did you win the 12D 68FB?

  • onlyroosiesonlyroosies Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭

    The PCGS price guide just updated for some Roosies and it's totally ridiculous. They valued a 1947 MS67+ at $800 and a 1947 MS67+FB at $700 and the punch line is, the 47 in 67+ is even a higher pop than the 47 67+FB. How does a non-FB coin in the exact same grade value higher? but the real kicker is the 47D 67+FB pop 10/1 just got bumped up to $2150... while the 47 67+FB pop 6/0 was pushed down to $700. the 47P 67+FB with no over grade is a far more valuable coin than the 47D 67+FB. Why the huge spread?, and why the bump up for the 49P 68FB to $10,800. the auctions haven't seen one for years.....

    Lets keep an eye on the auctions and see if the lone 49P 68FB shows up now that it's "Value" has been bumped up.

  • StoogeStooge Posts: 4,190 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @onlyroosies said:

    @Stooge said:

    @onlyroosies said:
    Another Roosie bites the dust on GC. A PCGS 2012-D MS68FB pop 3/0 hammers for $275. I'm not seeing where GC is the right venue for Roosies. The other 2 are locked up in collections. This was a pop 2/0 for years so this one was recently slabbed. So after 6 years with no 12-D 68FB's available when a new one is finally made it goes by un-noticed. Come on I know of 4 collectors that should have been bidding on this coin. I put my money on Paul winning this coin with a smile from ear to ear.

    I wasn't home unfortunately. I had prior commitments.

    Paul, another miss. I figured you were all over that coin

    Well I just assumed it was going for around $700-$800 and I didn't bid. I just cannot justify spending that kinda scratch on a very common high grade dime. If I had won it, the pop would be 30 by yrs end and it'll be on eBay for $75. That seems to be my luck.

    I bought an 1882-S Morgan dollar yesterday evening when I got home. I'm happy with that for now. B)


    Later, Paul.
  • labloverlablover Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭✭

    @onlyroosies said:

    Lets keep an eye on the auctions and see if the lone 49P 68FB shows up now that it's "Value" has been bumped up.

    And we thought the Russia/Trump thing was big...

    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
  • wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 15,406 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 4, 2018 6:27PM

    Nick. The information contained in your last post is unusual to say the least. You know Justin is now on the PCGS writing team (no compensation) and will come out with an article every month on US coins starting on June 12. He has already written the articles he plans to release in June and July, but perhaps the August article could be on Roosies, including properly valuing high grade Roosie dimes. Up to 1,500 words. If you want to send over to Justin a draft of what you would want to say about the subject, including examples of perfectly valued silver and clad dimes and dimes you believe are over or undervalued in today’s Market, he can include you as a guest contributor to the article. Let me know if you like the idea of a Roosie article for August and if you would like to contribute. Wondercoin.

    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • ilikemonstersilikemonsters Posts: 406 ✭✭✭

    I do not understand why the 1947 in 67+ went up in price. I sold one last December(?) for $200. The dealer I sold it to, then sold it for $250. The link below is where the coin is now. It is overgraded by a half point.

    https://www.ebay.com/itm/1947-10c-Roosevelt-Silver-Dime-PCGS-MS-67-Super-Nice/302646724816?hash=item46772688d0:g:6TwAAOSwvFhajcG-

  • rainbowroosierainbowroosie Posts: 4,729 ✭✭✭✭

    It has great eye appeal, think Stevie Wonder first owned it.

    "You keep your 1804 dollar and 1822 half eagle -- give me rainbow roosies in MS68."
    rainbowroosie April 1, 2003
  • rainbowroosierainbowroosie Posts: 4,729 ✭✭✭✭

    This does not fit in the string but I just want to show it off....perfectly toned!


    "You keep your 1804 dollar and 1822 half eagle -- give me rainbow roosies in MS68."
    rainbowroosie April 1, 2003
  • Bringing it back on topic, I might trade one of my Roosies for that!

  • StoogeStooge Posts: 4,190 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Has anyone seen the condition of the 2018's yet? I was wondering if we'll have a decent amount of 68FB's or maybe another 9FB.


    Later, Paul.
  • TetromibiTetromibi Posts: 446 ✭✭✭
    edited June 12, 2018 6:55AM

    @Stooge said:
    Has anyone seen the condition of the 2018's yet? I was wondering if we'll have a decent amount of 68FB's or maybe another 9FB.

    I went through a very large number of mint sets, and I only sent one P & one D. Grades should be posting in the next week or so.

    I might have just had a bad luck batch, but overall the 2018 coins from the mint sets that I went through were terrible.

  • labloverlablover Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 14, 2018 12:36PM

    @rainbowroosie said:
    This does not fit in the string but I just want to show it off....perfectly toned!


    I'm offended. As a member of PETA, I'd expect some vegies on the plate. Oh, PETA is: People Eating Tasty Animals.

    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
  • onlyroosiesonlyroosies Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭

    Did anyone notice that the #5 46 - 64 Silver Roosie set is up for sale on eBay. Some of my old coins are in that set.
    I see a few x-Lablover coins in there too. Wow!! you can have a top 5 set for under $10K. I think it would cost more than
    That to assemble the set from scratch. That's right around $200 per coin.

  • labloverlablover Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 24, 2018 2:27PM

    @onlyroosies said:
    Did anyone notice that the #5 46 - 64 Silver Roosie set is up for sale on eBay. Some of my old coins are in that set.
    I see a few x-Lablover coins in there too. Wow!! you can have a top 5 set for under $10K. I think it would cost more than
    That to assemble the set from scratch. That's right around $200 per coin.

    Oh my, that does not help the resell market. You got a link to the listing?

    x-Lablover...now that's quite the pedigree. Think it's also akc registered? :)

    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
  • StoogeStooge Posts: 4,190 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Later, Paul.
  • CurrinCurrin Posts: 602 ✭✭✭✭

    Anyone do the PCGS individual price guide? I wonder how it would compare to break up sell.

    My 20th Century Type Set, With Type Variations---started : 9/22/1997 ---- completed : 1/7/2004

    My 20th Century Gold Major Design Type Set ---started : 11/17/1997 ---- completed : 1/21/2004
  • onlyroosiesonlyroosies Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭

    PCGS Individual price guide total for the set is $11K.

  • labloverlablover Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭✭

    @onlyroosies said:
    PCGS Individual price guide total for the set is $11K.

    But the most important price guide is the Onlyroosies Guide. What say it?

    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
  • rainbowroosierainbowroosie Posts: 4,729 ✭✭✭✭

    The 63d is nice.

    "You keep your 1804 dollar and 1822 half eagle -- give me rainbow roosies in MS68."
    rainbowroosie April 1, 2003
  • StoogeStooge Posts: 4,190 ✭✭✭✭✭

    There are about 6 select dates/MM's that are in that particular set I need to complete my set, then upgrades will begin.

    Would love to have the '57 MS66+FB & the '60-D MS66+FB.


    Later, Paul.
  • labloverlablover Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 25, 2018 3:56PM

    @Stooge said:
    There are about 6 select dates/MM's that are in that particular set I need to complete my set, then upgrades will begin.

    Would love to have the '57 MS66+FB & the '60-D MS66+FB.

    Paul, send me a PM with the dates/MM you need and I'll see if I have any. Oh, that 57 was my coin I bought on GreatCollections as MS66FB, and if memory serves me right I got the + added then sold it to Nick, had it listed on the BST. Guess he sold it to Monster. Here's my poor image of the coin:

    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
  • StoogeStooge Posts: 4,190 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @lablover said:

    @Stooge said:
    There are about 6 select dates/MM's that are in that particular set I need to complete my set, then upgrades will begin.

    Would love to have the '57 MS66+FB & the '60-D MS66+FB.

    Paul, send me a PM with the dates/MM you need and I'll see if I have any. Oh, that 57 was my coin I bought on GreatCollections as MS66FB, and if memory serves me right I got the + added then sold it to Nick, had it listed on the BST. Guess he sold it to Monster. Here's my poor image of the coin:

    Thanks Lablover, but I'm going to take a rain check on that offer. I have a 49-S to buy from @AllCoinsRule and I'm saving up for that.


    Later, Paul.
Sign In or Register to comment.