Home Sports Talk
Options

Well the Cowboys season is over at 11-7.......not bad for the start we had......GO COWBOYS!!!

Comments

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ok how many are rooting like me to see a drop kick FG or PAT?

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,538 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Justacommeman said:

m

Yes, LOL...Flutie did it years ago. that was first time in decades I believe.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,495 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DIMEMAN said:
    Cowboys are running too much.

So is Seattle. Pete Carol’s strategy seems to be, “I’m calling a conservative game so that I won’t lose this game by too much.”

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options

@grote15 said:

@Justacommeman said:

m

Yes, LOL...Flutie did it years ago. that was first time in decades I believe.

I saw Suh attempt a PAT when the Lions kicker was hurt. Wide right ( he kicked in normal). It was entertaining

m

Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    edited January 5, 2019 8:26PM

The good news is that I was able to descale my coffee maker in the first half. Need to find another boring project to combat this second half punting

m

• Options

Must have been luck on that one, too, LOL..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

Things are heating up.

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

I hope they call that back so we can chew some more clock.

• Options

Darn I was wanting to use more time.

• Options
    edited January 5, 2019 8:52PM

Seattle is going to run their way out of this game with Carson getting the ball too much.

Pete Carol is coaching the way he used to in New England. Play not to lose which means you usually do lose.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options

@BillJones said:
    Seattle is going to run their way out of this game with Carson getting the ball too much.

I hope so. :)B)

• Options

Seattle gets away with a PI and gets a pick.

• Options
    edited January 5, 2019 9:01PM

Second and 22 so little Pete calls another conservative play. Don’t lose by too much Pettie. That’s how he’s playing it now.

Don’t worry Dimeman. Dallas has this game in the bag because Pete Carol has come up a loser game plan, plus the Seattle place kicker is injuried.

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:
    Seattle gets away with a PI and gets a pick.

Good non-call.

• Options

Bogus PI call. So you got it right back.

• Options

Refs trying their best to get Cowboys to cover now..

• Options

Prescott makes the play. That was a backbreaker.

• Options

Game over. Seattle gives up the quarterback draw.

• Options

Now that’s it’s a two score game, Pettie can call Carson’s number all he wants for his one yard runs. The game is over.

• Options

Congrats DM. The Cowboys played well

m

• Options

Didn't Seattle recover an onsides kick to beat GB in a playoff game?

• Options
    erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,306 ✭✭✭✭✭

Someone should check to see if Dime is still breathing?

• Options

What the heck was that?? LOL..

• Options

Why did he not use a tee?

• Options

When Seattle opened up the offense they moved the ball. When they played Pettie’s “conservative-a-ball,” they did very little. Credit this loss the Pete Carol.

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,799 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congrats to Cowboys fans, wherever you are. ;)

• Options
  • Options

@erikthredd said:
    Someone should check to see if Dime is still breathing?

My heart fluttered on that blown coverage.

• Options

Prescott is improving, but is still not where he needs to be.

• Options

The Dallas fans had better hope that the Eagles win tomorrow because if the Cowboys have to play the Bears in Chicago, they will be toast. This team is not that good. They caught a break with Pete Carol’s loser of a game plan tonight.

• Options

Bring on the Bears. ;)

• Options
    edited January 5, 2019 9:47PM

@BillJones said:
    The Dallas fans had better hope that the Eagles win tomorrow because if the Cowboys have to play the Bears in Chicago, they will be toast. This team is not that good. They caught a break with Pete Carol’s loser of a game plan tonight.

Dallas will play either New Orleans or Los Angeles next

If the Bears beat the Eagles win it will be NO vs Dallas and Chicago vs the Rams

If the Eagles win it will be Philly vs NO and LA vs Dallas

m

• Options

Well Seattle covered. Oh Las Vegas

m

• Options

@Justacommeman said:

m

All I care about is the W! ;)

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hawks limited to 73 on the ground. Dallas' rush D was money

congrats Dime..........fire up the daiquiri machine!

• Options

@galaxy27 said:

Thanks man....it feels great to finally get out of the Romo era!

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:

@Justacommeman said:

m

All I care about is the W! ;)

Of course. I was just commenting on all the bettors who lost a lot of dough on that last 2 pt conversion

m

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:

@galaxy27 said:

You still need to get past the Divisional Round for a clean break.

• Options

@grote15 said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@galaxy27 said:

Yep if Dez doesn’t drop that pass Romo would have had the win and playing for a bid to the Super Bowl.

m

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,552 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congrats Jon! Dallas is a contender, I was rotting for them to win, I’m not a Pete Carroll fan

• Options

@perkdog said:
    Congrats Jon! Dallas is a contender, I was rotting for them to win, I’m not a Pete Carroll fan

@perkdog said:

Many Patriot fans are not Pete Carrol fans. When he was the Patriots’ coach, they got worse every year that he held the position.

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,799 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry Dimeman - the Cowboys are going down. Their season will be over by the end of today's game.

It pains me to be the one who has to tell you this bad news. >:)

• Options

@grote15 said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@galaxy27 said:

That will be a task. But if I remember correctly we NEVER beat Seattle when it counted with Romo.

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:

@grote15 said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@galaxy27 said:

That will be a task. But if I remember correctly we NEVER beat Seattle when it counted with Romo.

To be fair, Seattle was a lot better in those playoff games than they were this season. Apples and oranges.

• Options

@grote15 said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@grote15 said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@galaxy27 said:

To be fair, Seattle was a lot better in those playoff games than they were this season. Apples and oranges.

I expected that. But they still have a lot of those same players including the most important....Wilson.

• Options
    edited January 12, 2019 6:06PM

@DIMEMAN said:

@grote15 said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@grote15 said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@galaxy27 said:

I expected that. But they still have a lot of those same players including the most important....Wilson.

They have no one left from the Legion of Boom, actually. Or beast mode, for that matter.

• Options
    edited January 12, 2019 6:11PM

@grote15 said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@grote15 said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@grote15 said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@galaxy27 said:

They have no one left from the Legion of Boom, actually. Or beast mode, for that matter.

I don’t think Wilson ever played Dallas in the playoffs before last week right?

m

• Options

@Justacommeman said:

@grote15 said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@grote15 said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@grote15 said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@galaxy27 said:

I don’t think Wilson ever played Dallas in the playoffs right?

m

Pretty sure he did. But I'm not going to argue about it. This game tonight is all that matters now. Win or lose I think we took a big step in the right direction this year.

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:

@Justacommeman said:

@grote15 said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@grote15 said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@grote15 said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@galaxy27 said:

m

Pretty sure he did. But I'm not going to argue about it. This game tonight is all that matters now. Win or lose I think we took a big step in the right direction this year.

@DIMEMAN said:

@Justacommeman said:

@grote15 said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@grote15 said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@grote15 said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@galaxy27 said:

m

No need to argue about it. Wilson never played against Dallas before in the playoffs.

m

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:

@Justacommeman said:

@grote15 said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@grote15 said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@grote15 said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@galaxy27 said:

m

hopefully the Dallas defense brings it today.