Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

**Post your Vintage Basketball here**

Would love to see other members' vintage basketball collections. High end and low end are more than welcome there are no discrepancies!!

I'll start off!

Comments

• JBrulesJBrules Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭✭✭

Always like to see some vintage basketball. Here are a couple of mine. One high-grade and a mid-grade.

• Kid4hof03Kid4hof03 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭✭✭

I love hoops! Especially 70's, here are a few of my favorites

Collecting anything and everything relating to Roger Staubach
  • rtimmerrtimmer Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭✭

Follow me at LinkedIn & Instagram: @ryanscard
    Join the Rookie stars on top PSA registry today:
    1980-1989 Cello Packs - Rookies
  • ahopkinsahopkins Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭✭✭

Gotta get me one of those '72 Julius Eeeeeeeeeerviiiiings. Many fond memories of watching him at the Spectrum and hearing Zink call his name.

Andy

• Bear48Bear48 Posts: 239 ✭✭✭

• @rtimmer said:

I should send my Dr J to SGC as a crossover

• Some beauties in here already!!

• vintagefunvintagefun Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭

Great stuff! Love the odd balls. I had some of the RC and Pepsi stuff as a kid.

Here’s my contribution.

52-90 All Sports, Mostly Topps, Mostly HOF, and some assorted wax.
  • BriYo79BriYo79 Posts: 150 ✭✭✭

Beautiful cards so far. What are we considering vintage here?

• slum22slum22 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭✭

Great cards so far. Thanks for starting this thread OP. I love basketball cards. This card marked my return to vintage collecting. Here is a 1957 HOF RC.

Steve
  • @BriYo79 said:
    Beautiful cards so far. What are we considering vintage here?

Well, it's 2018

So let's say 30 yr back? Puts it at 1988.

Sad to say that.

Makes me feel older lmao. Ugh.

• @Kid4hof03 said:
    I love hoops! Especially 70's, here are a few of my favorites

Man...nice stuff!!

I think my PSA 4 looks better than your PSA 7?

• ReggieClevelandReggieCleveland Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭✭✭

Abe taunting me with his '70s rookies. Great stuff, everybody!

Arthur

• Sportscards1086Sportscards1086 Posts: 168 ✭✭✭
    edited November 27, 2018 12:09PM

Nice "little" RC

Just picked this up in a trade.

• rtimmerrtimmer Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭✭

Follow me at LinkedIn & Instagram: @ryanscard
    Join the Rookie stars on top PSA registry today:
    1980-1989 Cello Packs - Rookies
  • @BPorter26 said:
    I absolutely love this page. I truly believe vintage basketball is very underrated in the hobby. There's a lot of good looking card so far. Here's a few of mine

The Wilt is my newly added basketball card in which I purchased it at the National this summer.

Stunning Sir...absolutley beautiful cards.

• @Ozceltics said:

1971 Celtics team set #1 on the registry

Awesome and very bad ass at the same time.

That Tatum is great! Nice find!

• miwlvrnmiwlvrn Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Kid4hof03 said:
    That Tatum is great! Nice find!

Thanks! Here is the back:

• I have sold almost of my basketball, I still have a few left though.

My new website www.lowgradegems.com

Tim
  • UFFDAHUFFDAH Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭✭✭

One of my favorite cards from my collection

• georgebailey2georgebailey2 Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭

Appears as though Topps only had the player's association license 69-71.

edited November 28, 2018 3:08PM

There is some great stuff in this thread!

I got this Malone rookie yesterday as a birthday present from my wife and sons
    I just saw the stain on the scan, looks like it's time to clean my scanner!

• ssdawg77ssdawg77 Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭✭✭

Here is a Jordan pulled from a CU group rip several years back. It graded an 8.5 but I can't find the graded scan. I ended up selling thinking I would use the funds toward a 9 but still haven't to this day. <-- I should kick myself for not doing it then.

• dan89dan89 Posts: 484 ✭✭✭✭✭

I miss my 57 Cousy 8. Uffdah that 8.5 is ridiculously nice. Did we decide what vintage basketball is . Same as baseball. A couple of my favorites . Yes, that is the 86 Fleer whole set in 9. Vintage ???? Not sure. ....

![](https://us.v-cdn.net/6027503/uploads/

• Once again...

Well, it's 2018

So let's say 30 yr back? Puts it at 1988.

Sad to say that.

Makes me feel older now.

• Tecmo BoilTecmo Boil Posts: 259 ✭✭✭

Yep. This thread is awesome.

A few more

edited November 29, 2018 8:50PM

@Kid4hof03 said:
    A few more

>
    Those 76's are sweet. That 64 Kahn's West is awesome. Great looking card. Speaking of 76's here is my one and only 76.

A few of my favorite Alcindor/Jabbar cards.

imageimage

imageimage

Your Kareem's are outstanding!

• Todsys additions...

@Kid4hof03 said:
    Your Kareem's are outstanding!

Thanks.

• HighGradeLegendsHighGradeLegends Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭✭

@JBrules said:
    Always like to see some vintage basketball. Here are a couple of mine. One high-grade and a mid-grade.

Holy centering on west!

• UFFDAHUFFDAH Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jbrules Those Kareem cards are all elite examples - congrats and hats off!!

• PatsGuy5000PatsGuy5000 Posts: 671 ✭✭✭

@BPorter26 said:
    I absolutely love this page. I truly believe vintage basketball is very underrated in the hobby. There's a lot of good looking cards so far. Here's a few of mine

The Wilt is my newly added basketball card in which I purchased it at the National this summer.

totally agree with you - basketball is undervalued. The sport is getting more popular globally so interest should continue to grow. NBA greats are far below MLB greats ( stock up on Chamberlain, Jabbar, Russell, West, Robertson, Magic, Bird, Jordan, 86 Fleer Rookies, Erving, Cousy, etc., should continue to move up as more collectors enter the hobby, plus far less produced than baseball)

@PatsGuy5000 said:

@BPorter26 said:
    I absolutely love this page. I truly believe vintage basketball is very underrated in the hobby. There's a lot of good looking cards so far. Here's a few of mine

totally agree with you - basketball is undervalued. The sport is getting more popular globally so interest should continue to grow. NBA greats are far below MLB greats ( stock up on Chamberlain, Jabbar, Russell, West, Robertson, Magic, Bird, Jordan, 86 Fleer Rookies, Erving, Cousy, etc., should continue to move up as more collectors enter the hobby, plus far less produced than baseball)

Basketball certainly has room to grow and you have summed it up pretty well. I am glad to have have landed a couple of key rookie cards (Chamberlain and Robertson) at a reasonable price several years ago. Also just landed a couple of more of the "Big O". The Robertson at a POP 50 for 1973 and POP 46 for the 74 are hard to find in high grade very happy to add these two now only need the 71 to complete my Robertson run.

imageimage

imageimage

More great cards. The Robertson's are really strong.

@BPorter26 said:

![]

The centering on your Wilt is off the charts. Not sure I have seen a Wilt rookie with better centering. Great looking card.

@Stone193 said:

Not a Bkb collector but do have a few older cards - posted before - picked up from Rotman Auctions for 30 bucks.

Mike what year did you pick it up? Nice ROI on that card.

• PatsGuy5000PatsGuy5000 Posts: 671 ✭✭✭

@JBrules said:

@PatsGuy5000 said:

@BPorter26 said:

Basketball certainly has room to grow and you have summed it up pretty well. I am glad to have have landed a couple of key rookie cards (Chamberlain and Robertson) at a reasonable price several years ago. Also just landed a couple of more of the "Big O". The Robertson at a POP 50 for 1973 and POP 46 for the 74 are hard to find in high grade very happy to add these two now only need the 71 to complete my Robertson run.

imageimage

imageimage

Those cards are nice! I have them, but at the PSA 8 grade, still somewhat low. My bucket list: 1961 Fleer Chamberlain, Robertson, West, & Baylor (I have their IA cards). Have a nice run of Abdul Jabbar except for 1975 Topps, and need a few more 1986 Fleer HOF Rookies at PSA 9 grade.

Wow, Mike, that Baylor is beautiful!