Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

The Official PCGS White Label Rattler Census --- 71 listed as of 11/22/19

Comments

• Options
    LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,331 ✭✭✭✭✭

Oops - didn't recognize it the 1st time posted...... :#

"My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.
  • Options
    ilikemonstersilikemonsters Posts: 767 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 23, 2018 8:16AM

Not my coin, but check out this earlier 1.2 holder!

• Options

Do we think 1.0 and 1.1 holders are still somewhere in the wild waiting to be found?

• Options
    ms70ms70 Posts: 13,951 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wasn't there previously a debate as to both labels being green but it was a matter of fading?

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

• Options
    Sandman70gtSandman70gt Posts: 981 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 23, 2018 10:51PM

@ms70 said:
    Wasn't there previously a debate as to both labels being green but it was a matter of fading?

Not fading. They are white, I own both 1.0 and 1.1, I assure you they are white.

@ilikemonsters said:
    Do we think 1.0 and 1.1 holders are still somewhere in the wild waiting to be found?

I have found 2 in the wild. It is a needle in a haystack. Approx 2300 made out of the over 38,000,000 graded pcgs coins!

Bst transactions with: dimeman, oih82w8, mercurydimeguy, dunerlaw, Lakesammman, 2ltdjorn, MattTheRiley, dpvilla, drddm, CommemKing, Relaxn, Yorkshireman, Cucamongacoin, jtlee321, greencopper, coin22lover, coinfolio, lindedad, spummybum, Leeroybrown, flackthat, BryceM, Surfinxhi, VanHalen, astrorat, robkool, Wingsrule, PennyGuy, al410, Ilikecolor, Southcounty, Namvet69, Commemdude, oreville, Leebone

• Options

How many early 1.2 holders were made? From 1083-1090?

• Options
    AzurescensAzurescens Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm eyeing a string of coins right now with OGH. It looks like this collector did mass submissions since the numbers are all relatively close. There's quite a few. Another string of a different denomination starts with 3. No 1s. Yet, anyway. The old holders are for coins I really don't like except for a 4 coin string. I want them all regardless. Tbh, they seem to be, as a whole, 1-2 points "lower" than what grades are like today. Will post when I win them all.

• Options
    AzurescensAzurescens Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭✭✭

Love this thread btw. And perfect timing.

• Options

New 1.0 - 1837 10C MS64 cert # 1080410

• Options

Bst transactions with: dimeman, oih82w8, mercurydimeguy, dunerlaw, Lakesammman, 2ltdjorn, MattTheRiley, dpvilla, drddm, CommemKing, Relaxn, Yorkshireman, Cucamongacoin, jtlee321, greencopper, coin22lover, coinfolio, lindedad, spummybum, Leeroybrown, flackthat, BryceM, Surfinxhi, VanHalen, astrorat, robkool, Wingsrule, PennyGuy, al410, Ilikecolor, Southcounty, Namvet69, Commemdude, oreville, Leebone

• Options
    morgandollar1878morgandollar1878 Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 1, 2018 9:13AM

@illini420 here is another one for the list.

Instagram: nomad_numismatics
  • Options

New one for the census.

1882 CC $1 MS64 PL
    Cert # 1082007

• Options
    edited November 13, 2018 2:17AM

Another 1.0. Ebay sale tonight.

Not mine

• Options

@Sandman70gt said:
    Another 1.0. Ebay sale tonight.

I was bidding, but fell asleep and missed the ending. If you won, send me a PM! I am interested in this.

• Options

Wanted to bid on that but couldn't figure out what was up in front of Frankies face....

"My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.
  • Options
    JasonGamingJasonGaming Posts: 926 ✭✭✭✭

@Lakesammman how much did it end for? I’m pretty sure you’re buying the holder, not the coin!

Always buying nice toned coins! Searching for a low grade 1873 Arrows DDO Dime and 1842-O Small Date Quarter.

• Options
    edited November 14, 2018 7:10PM

The frankie sold for 640.
    I didnt bid on it either, for that green smudge of God only knows what on the obverse.
    The 35 Connecticut sold for 1061.00. That was a nice score, anybody here get either of these?

• Options

I asked the seller and got a vague reply - already have a P67 Franky in a 1.0

• Options
    thefinnthefinn Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Lakesammman said:
    Wanted to bid on that but couldn't figure out what was up in front of Frankies face....

Greasy thumb smudge.

thefinn
  • Options
    thefinnthefinn Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Sandman70gt said:
    The frankie sold for 610.
    I didnt bid on it either, for that green smudge of God only knows what on the obverse.
    The 35 Connecticut sold for 1061.00. That was a nice score, anybody here get either of these?

I was bidding on the Maryland, but stopped short.

thefinn
  • Options
    mustanggtmustanggt Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Connecticut must be one of the last of the white labels with a 2370 number

• Options
    jtlee321jtlee321 Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭✭✭

@morgandollar1878 said:

So jealous here! Is that one yours?

• Options

@jtlee321 said:

@morgandollar1878 said:

Yes, I found it at the St. Charles show a couple weeks ago.

• Options
    fiftysevenerfiftysevener Posts: 904 ✭✭✭✭

Isn't there somebody that can slab these rattlers to preserve the preserved ?

• Options

@fiftysevener said:
    Isn't there somebody that can slab these rattlers to preserve the preserved ?

If they get slabbed...they gotta grade 'em too!! B)

• Options

@morgandollar1878 said:

@jtlee321 said:

@morgandollar1878 said:

Nice find. I collect '38-D Buffalos in different holders. A PCGS 1.0 and 1.1 are on my hunt list. :)

• Options
    HighReliefHighRelief Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options

@HighRelief that isn’t a white label holder, white label holders start with “108” on the second part of the serial # and they have a different font

Always buying nice toned coins! Searching for a low grade 1873 Arrows DDO Dime and 1842-O Small Date Quarter.

• Options
    HighReliefHighRelief Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JasonGaming said:
    @HighRelief that isn’t a white label holder, white label holders start with “108” on the second part of the serial # and they have a different font

Looks like a white label to me but then again I am color blind.

• Options
    edited November 14, 2018 9:13PM

@HighRelief your coin has a white label due to the green label fading. Yours doesn’t add hundreds in extra value, sadly.

• Options

I wish "almost" counted....

• Options

I need a 38-D MS66 in a 1.1 holder - willing to pay a reward! :D

• Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭✭

@mustanggt said:
    The Connecticut must be one of the last of the white labels with a 2370 number

It was mine, congrats to the new owner.

• Options

@Lakesammman said:
    I need a 38-D MS66 in a 1.1 holder - willing to pay a reward! :D

I called it first!! :p But I will settle for a 64 or a 65. ;)

• Options

@jtlee321 said:

@morgandollar1878 said:

@jtlee321 said:

@morgandollar1878 said:

Nice find. I collect '38-D Buffalos in different holders. A PCGS 1.0 and 1.1 are on my hunt list. :)

If I happen to come across another 38 D Buffalo I will let you know. When you go to a show almost every other week, you never know what you are going to find.

• Options
    KindaNewishKindaNewish Posts: 827 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was wasting time on ebay today and came across this white rattler that sold a month ago for a song.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/1892-Columbian-Commemorative-Half-Dollar-MS65-Rattler-Holder-/153314790245
    It was from a seller that I've bought from before and saved as a favorite. I can't believe that I missed it.

• Options
    U1chicagoU1chicago Posts: 5,775 ✭✭✭✭✭

@KindaNewish said:
    I was wasting time on ebay today and came across this white rattler that sold a month ago for a song.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/1892-Columbian-Commemorative-Half-Dollar-MS65-Rattler-Holder-/153314790245
    It was from a seller that I've bought from before and saved as a favorite. I can't believe that I missed it.

According to watchcount, it didn't last long (~10 minutes). There was almost no chance unless one saw it right as it was listed.
    Start Time:
    Sunday, 23-Dec-18 16:54:40 UTC
    End Time:
    Sunday, 23-Dec-18 17:04:47 UTC

• Options

$302.74 , good deal for a 1.0 .

How much rarer are the 1.0 compared to the 1.1 ?

Census should show 18 1.0 and 31 1.1 after its updated

• Options
    illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭

Been awhile since I've updated the census, sorry about that!!!

Should all be updated now through today, and we're up to 56 white label rattlers that have been seen out there somewhere since the start of this thread.

Was thinking a little more about the numbering of these and when they may have transitioned from the white label to the green label rattlers.

The more I think about it, the more I am convinced that the coin showed earlier in this thread, 1082093 - 1924 $20 St. Gaudens Double Eagle MS63 with the green label, is most likely a regrade/reholder. Remember that anytime from March 1986 or so until sometime in 1989 when the rattlers were phased out, any of the white label rattlers could have been reholdered with the green label and would have retained their original certification number. Given that possibility, I would take great caution in thinking about calling that one the first green label rattler.

Even now, you could submit one of your white label rattlers for reholdering into the latest blue label secure plus holder and it would retain it's original certification number... but does that mean you would have the first graded secure plus coin? Of course not.

Keep them white labels coming and I promise to not wait more than a year before updating again!

:+1:

• Options

Posted the other day but don't see it - picked up a very late 1.1 this week - 1082378 - looks to be the latest posted 1.1

• Options
    illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Lakesammman said:
    Posted the other day but don't see it - picked up a very late 1.1 this week - 1082378 - looks to be the latest posted 1.1

Looks like you posted it in the 30th anniversary thread I did a few years ago... added it to the census.

Cool!

:+1:

• Options
    edited February 10, 2019 6:46PM

Very interesting comments @illini420

I did not know regrades/reholdering was being done back in the day.

• Options
    smallchangesmallchange Posts: 194 ✭✭✭

I gave up on those and moved on to the green label 1.2 and the doily's. They are still affordable, I would like to have one of the 1.0's who knows maybe I will get lucky one of these days.

Successful BST transactions with lkenefic, AnkurJ, ajia, stephunter, No lawyer
  • Options
    ECHOESECHOES Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Lakesammman said:
    :D:D:D Mike, can't believe it was posted there instead!

Arrived today - the seller, who is a friend, included a nice box with it as well. Very nice gesture. :+1:

Love it! :#

~HABE FIDUCIAM IN DOMINO III V VI / III XVI~
    POST NUBILA PHOEBUS / AFTER CLOUDS, SUN
    Love for Music / Collector of Dreck
  • Options

Man - If I could get that price over the value of the coin for mine, I'd sell them all! :D

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file