Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Post 1956 coin in honor for my Dad journey to Heaven

Comments

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very sorry to hear this... My sympathies are with you in this painful time. Remember all the good times, it is how he would want you to continue - thinking of the happiness you had together. RickO

• Options
    marcmoishmarcmoish Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭✭✭

@OldEastside said:
    These times are the most difficult but he will always and forever reside in your heart, I am sending prayers your way

Steve

what he said, so sorry for you!

• Options
    NVUNVU Posts: 284 ✭✭✭

So sorry to hear about your dad :'( . You and your loved ones will be in my thoughts and prayers

• Options
    ModCrewmanModCrewman Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭✭✭

It was my own father's passing after a brief battle with lung cancer in 2009 that reignited my interest in coin collecting and led me here. Here's my favorite 1956, may his white robe in heaven be even whiter.

• Options
    ParadisefoundParadisefound Posts: 8,588 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 9, 2018 10:36AM

Thank you ALL from the bottom of my heart .... for kind words and your prayers <3

• Options
    TwobitcollectorTwobitcollector Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭✭✭

Positive BST Transactions with:
    INYNWHWeTrust-TexasNationals,ajaan,blu62vette
    coinJP, Outhaul ,illini420,MICHAELDIXON, Fade to Black,epcjimi1,19Lyds,SNMAN,JerseyJoe, bigjpst, DMWJR , lordmarcovan, Weiss,Mfriday4962,UtahCoin,Downtown1974,pitboss,RichieURich,Bullsitter,JDsCoins,toyz4geo,jshaulis, mustanggt, SNMAN
  • Options
    SoldiSoldi Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am sorry for your loss
    I have no 56 to share just my condolences, Warm Regards, Michael

• Options
    PocketArtPocketArt Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry to hear of this grief, and transition for you PF. I hope, and pray for peace during this time for you, and your family.

• Options
    bigmarty58bigmarty58 Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 9, 2018 4:42PM

Sometimes it doesn't seem fair getting sick at an early age.

Enthusiastic collector of British pre-decimal and Canadian decimal circulation coins.
  • Options
    BuffaloIronTailBuffaloIronTail Posts: 7,415 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Bullsitter said:
    My prayers to you and your family.

Don't have a 1956 coin but in 1956 you could ride to the coin shop in your new Caddy.... B)

That one big Buffalo Ke Mo Sabe. I also pray for you, PF.

Pete

"I tell them there's no problems.....only solutions" - John Lennon
  • Options
    WalkerfanWalkerfan Posts: 8,976 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 9, 2018 5:13PM

So sorry for your loss and glad to have you back. <3<3<3

“I may not believe in myself but I believe in what I’m doing” ~Jimmy Page~

My Full Walker Registry Set (1916-1947)

https://www.ngccoin.com/registry/competitive-sets/16292/

• Options
    santinidollarsantinidollar Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 9, 2018 6:00PM

My best thoughts for you and your family.

• Options
    astroratastrorat Posts: 9,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 10, 2018 6:30AM

Here is a love token (on a twenty-cent piece) as a marker of your love for your dad.

Numismatist Ordinaire
    See http://www.doubledimes.com for a free online reference for US twenty-cent pieces
  • Options
    OKCCOKCC Posts: 521 ✭✭✭

Here's my 2 cents. Also my condolences, and so sorry for your big and untimely loss. You'll do great carrying the torch. Keep up the good work!

• Options
    jtlee321jtlee321 Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭✭✭

My deepest condolences.. I thankfully have yet to experience the loss of a parent. I can only imagine how tough that will be.

• Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,305 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thoughts and prayers go to you and your family.
    Even knowing it is coming, it just doesn't seem easy. Last year for me, with my mother, due to cancer issues and COPD.

There have been excellent "tribute" coins posted. I don't have many, slabbed, 1956 coins, and even less that I have good pics of (I stopped taking pics years ago), but, from an old pic, I hope you don't mind part of a 1956 double mint set (the philly board)....

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    CommemDudeCommemDude Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭✭✭

My prayers for your father's peaceful passing. I hope that you have the help of hospice, they are wonderful.
    I lost both parents to this disease. Here is a coin in his honor, perhaps the ray of sunlight coming from the clouds is welcoming him home

Dr Mikey
    Commems and Early Type
  • Options
    WingedLiberty1957WingedLiberty1957 Posts: 2,961 ✭✭✭✭✭

1956 Chrysler Imperial. Ready for launch. Always check the bench seats for loose change!

• Options
    cameonut2011cameonut2011 Posts: 10,062 ✭✭✭✭✭

I just saw this. I am so sorry. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Since I don't have a coin from 1956, I borrowed this one from Coin Facts:

• Options
    ctf_error_coinsctf_error_coins Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am sorry for your loss.

I missed this thread earlier as I was out of town.

We have spoken in PM's about this since my return but I never saw this thread until now.

I know he is proud of you and you should cherish his inspirational life, Chris

• Options
    ChangeInHistoryChangeInHistory Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very sorry to hear this.

• Options
    jonrunsjonruns Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry to hear of your loss...my thoughts and prayers are with your family...this one is Top Pop in memory of your father...

• Options
    edited November 13, 2018 7:27PM
  • Options
    GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,378 ✭✭✭✭✭

Paradise,,,,, very sorry to hear about the loss of your Father.

My slightly older sister was also born in 1956 and she also passed from lung cancer this past April. She fought it for 7 years but ultimately lost her battle.

I don't have a photo of a 1956 coin on file but here is a 1938-D/S PCGS MS67 Buffalo that I have.

GrandAm :)
  • Options

I am sorry for your lost .... may her Rest In Peace free of pain and suffering o:)

Thank you for your kind words <3

• Options
    jedmjedm Posts: 2,946 ✭✭✭✭✭

Dear lady, my condolences on your loss. When I lost my dad back in '96 the words that follow were a great comfort to me. From "Lone Pilgrim":
    Go tell my companion and children most dear
    To weep not for me now I'm gone
    The same hand that led me through seas most severe
    Has kindly assisted me home.

It's amazing to see what a gorgeous sky you were able to see this morning, and that you took time and effort to share it with all of us is proof of your generous spirit.

• Options
    edited November 13, 2018 9:04PM

Your kinds words through the poem mean more than I can express in words <3

• Options
    renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭

Shoots. Sorry Sis.
    Sobering.

• Options
    Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,367 ✭✭✭✭✭

So very, very sorry to hear about your great loss. This one hits home with me, as I lost my Father to lung cancer as well. I would not wish this terrible disease on anyone. Bless his heart, and may he now rest in peace. Too young. :(

Take care, and remember the good times; I know he'll watch over you.

Dave

Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.
  • Options
    KkathylKkathyl Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry for your loss. He sailed to greener pastors to be seen at another day.

Best place to buy !
    Bronze Associate member

• Options
    NVUNVU Posts: 284 ✭✭✭

My condonlences @Paradisefound and @GRANDAM. It's never easy to say good bye to loved ones :'(
    My cousin also lost her 9 years battle with lung cancer. She passed away a couple months ago and she was 41

• Options

My deepest condolences for your cousin <3 RIP <3 and thank you for your kind words o:)

• Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,919 ✭✭✭✭✭

I used to own this Roosevelt Dime. Kinda reminds me of when my father passed, I too was blue. I am sorry for your loss.

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options
    goldengolden Posts: 9,072 ✭✭✭✭✭

So very sorry for your loss.

• Options
    northcoinnorthcoin Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 15, 2018 3:16AM

I don't have a coin to post, but I took this photo of another monetary instrument two weeks ago. The bill is a Ten Yuan denomination and the depicted scene on it is of the same Yangtze River Gorge seen in the background. The peaceful serenity of the scene hopefully offers some measure of comfort.

FWIW, the now peaceful flow of the river as pictured was once a treacherous and turbulent place before the Three Gorges Dam raised the water level. Analogously peace can replace life's turbulence as one goes from one stage of existence to another.

• Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,737 ✭✭✭✭✭

No photo of a coin from 1956.

However here is a photo of a Lincoln cent bracelet I found in my dad's belongings after he passed in 2014.

Do not know when or where he acquired it. When I see it I am reminded of my dad.

• Options
    alohagaryalohagary Posts: 2,764 ✭✭✭✭

Sorry for your loss, may your dad rest in peace

• Options
    carabonnaircarabonnair Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 15, 2018 2:02PM

I'm really sorry to hear this. My dad died earlier this year, also from cancer. He loved poetry, especially Keats -

Can death be sleep, when life is but a dream,
    And scenes of bliss pass as a phantom by?
    The transient pleasures as a vision seem,
    And yet we think the greatest pain's to die.

How strange it is that man on earth should roam,
    And lead a life of woe, but not forsake
    His rugged path; nor dare he view alone
    His future doom which is but to awake.

John Keats

• Options
    edited November 24, 2018 8:42PM

My Dad finally passed on Thanksgiving day :'(

Thank you ALL for your kind words and the love I feel being part of CU family.

PS: I am glad I was able to post a closure for my own in this thread .... Thank you @Bigpoppas for resurrected it up for me to come to resolve.

• Options
    edited November 24, 2018 8:43PM

BIG <3 for @Bigpoppas for your rare appearance on my thread ....... and a sweet one that is o:)

Your love for your Dad shows through your thoughtful words and may you always live knowing how much you're loved too.
    I love the HAKA ..... will bookmark this forever.

• Options
    AlexinPAAlexinPA Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm so sorry about your dad. Hope you can find peace in the memory of him.

• Options
    cameonut2011cameonut2011 Posts: 10,062 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Paradisefound said:
    My Dad finally passed on Thanksgiving day :'(

I'm so sorry.

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,383 ✭✭✭✭✭

Paradise found, I can only surmise that you are a lasting reflection of your dad, and that he raised a wonderful gal to follow in his footsteps. My condolences and best wishes.

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,530 ✭✭✭✭✭

Even though we think we are prepared, nothing really prepares us for the passing of a loved one.
    I hope you can take solace in the time you spent with him and the memories that you made together.

My deepest condolences to you and your family.

Donato

Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file