Home U.S. Coin Forum

Post 1956 coin in honor for my Dad journey to Heaven

ParadisefoundParadisefound Posts: 8,588 ✭✭✭✭✭

Please post a 1956 coin or anything to honor my Dad ....... surrendering to dreaded lung cancer :'(
He will check in to the other side any day now and I am at peace with that <3

_borrowed pictures from @Batman23 ;) _

I've come to realize this is the best forum for coin collectors and I hope @Coinstartled & @Raybo would return soon too.
We had fun together for a few >:)

PEACE & LOVE

Comments

• ParadisefoundParadisefound Posts: 8,588 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you @HeatherBoyd for being here <3

• KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

We are all here for you

• BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry to hear about your Dad :'(

To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • BlindedByEgoBlindedByEgo Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭✭

No coin, just best wishes.

• ChrisH821ChrisH821 Posts: 6,442 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry to hear about that. My father was also born in 1956. I'll have to get back to you with a coin picture since I am at work and don't have them handy.

Collector, occasional seller

• HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hope the best for your dad, yourself, and entire family.

• Bigbuck1975Bigbuck1975 Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 8, 2018 11:43AM

Going through the same thing with my grandpa right now so I feel your pain. We are all at peace and he is ready to go. Prayers sent your way @Paradisefound

• SmudgeSmudge Posts: 9,474 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry to hear about your dad. Much too young. Glad to hear you are around and hopefully back for good. We have missed you.

• ParadisefoundParadisefound Posts: 8,588 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Bigbuck1975
    I'll have you in my prayers too <3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3
    It's life and the delta cards we have to deal with .......

• coinhackcoinhack Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭✭

I am sorry to hear of your dad's cancer. I hope you, your dad, and your family will be blessed and comforted.

No 1956 but this in honor of your dad.

• I don’t have any coins to post because I am not at home, but my heart goes out to you. Cancer is never easy. I hope you and your family find peace ♥️ Love from California, Paradise

• JeffnluJeffnlu Posts: 284 ✭✭✭✭

Best wishes for you and your Father. Losing a parent is hard.

• messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,879 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome back. Sorry to hear about your father. I'll try and find a '56 coin to post tonight.

• thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am sorry to hear about your Dad. Best wishes..

• jesbrokenjesbroken Posts: 9,907 ✭✭✭✭✭

Bless you and your father. I thank you for your return to our forum and wish it could be under a less somber occurrence.
    Jim

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.....Mark Twain
  • topstuftopstuf Posts: 14,803 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry to hear :'( , but now it makes me feel REALLY old.
    In 1956 I got my first driver's license. Actually had a learner's permit 6 mos. earlier and managed to get a ticket on the same day.

Beginner's luck. :|

• CatbertCatbert Posts: 6,969 ✭✭✭✭✭

Gosh - I know what you're going through since my parents died awfully. Cherish that you are his legacy and know he is so very proud of what you've become. My best to you through this trying time in your life. <3

"Got a flaming heart, can't get my fill"
  • RegulatedRegulated Posts: 2,992 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm sorry to hear about your father - there are many, many people here who are thinking of your family right now.

What is now proved was once only imagined. - William Blake
  • AotearoaAotearoa Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭✭✭

Best wishes to both you and your father.

Smitten with DBLCs.

• BryceMBryceM Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh, @Paradisefound, so good to have you back! I lost my dad less than 2 weeks ago - also to cancer. He was born in 1948, but it doesn’t really matter - you’re never ready. The two of us were fast friends & we did EVERYTHING together. I’m still trying to wrap my head around it.

Enjoy him as much as you can. I wish for you a lifetime of the best memories. You’re in our thoughts.

• ashelandasheland Posts: 23,039 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm so sorry to read this. :( I am glad to see you posting again. :)

• ashelandasheland Posts: 23,039 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • BillDugan1959BillDugan1959 Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭✭✭

Best wishes to you and your family. I hope that the MDs will give him the meds that will keep your Dad comfortable. 1956 is not old!

• OldEastsideOldEastside Posts: 4,602 ✭✭✭✭✭

These times are the most difficult but he will always and forever reside in your heart, I am sending prayers your way

Steve

Promote the Hobby
  • CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,966 ✭✭✭✭✭

Don't have anything to post, but please accept my condolences. 62 is way too young. Lost my Mom in January but she was 98.

Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • EXOJUNKIEEXOJUNKIE Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭✭✭

Best wishes to you and your dad. :)

I'm addicted to exonumia ... it is numismatic crack!

ANA LM

USAF Retired — 34 years of active military service! 🇺🇸
  • JBKJBK Posts: 15,301 ✭✭✭✭✭

So happy to have you back :) , so sad about the news. :'(

This sort of news is always too soon, but your father will obviously be remembered fondly by his family, and we can all thank him for what he is leaving behind. ;) Legacies live on...

• GluggoGluggo Posts: 3,566 ✭✭✭✭✭

My heart is heavy for you and keeping you and your family close with prayers! Really sorry. Glen

• slider23slider23 Posts: 647 ✭✭✭✭

I lost my dad when he was 53. My payers are with you and your family.
    Welcome Back

• AkbeezAkbeez Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭✭✭

My sincere condolences to you and your family. A heart-wrenching time for sure. My folks are long gone but their memories are part of my soul. Don't have any '56 coins but I'll share one of my favorite ladies -- I recall seeing somewhere you like her too!

Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS
  • SmudgeSmudge Posts: 9,474 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome back to you too @Coinstartled .

• MonsterCoinzMonsterCoinz Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭✭✭

www.MonsterCoinz.com | My Toned Showcase

Check out my iPhone app SlabReader!
  • SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 12,003 ✭✭✭✭✭

My sympathies and condolences to you on the loss of your father. Not a fun thing to lose one's parents. 62 years of age is way to young of an age for someone to pass away. I can say this with credibility because 1956 is my birth year and I can not imagine not being around for another 20+ years.

• DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

So glad to see you back PF....you are the bright star of our forum. So sorry to hear about your father. Remember the good times. My thoughts are with you and your family.

• logger7logger7 Posts: 8,434 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Paradisefound; great to hear from you, and sorry to hear about your loss. St Gaudens for me is something of a patron saint of numismatics.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file