Home U.S. Coin Forum

Post 1956 coin in honor for my Dad journey to Heaven

124»

Comments

• JBKJBK Posts: 15,301 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Paradisefound : sincerest condolences to you and your family.

There is never a good time for this sort of news, but at least the suffering is over. He now belongs to the ages, and his legacy lives on. A lot of people he never even met are very happy for what he left behind. ;)

After the tears :'( there can be many happy memories. :):):):):)

• 1940coupe1940coupe Posts: 661 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 25, 2018 11:29AM

I'm so sorry about your dad! I was born in 1956 I had to stop smoking last year after years of smoking ! I know your Dad was very proud of you !

• kazkaz Posts: 9,137 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sometimes a poem helps at times like this. Tennyson's "Crossing the Bar" (the bar is a sandbar separating the shore from the ocean , "moaning" is the sound of waves crashing against it.)

Sunset and evening star
    And one clear call for me!
    And may there be no moaning of the bar,
    When I put out to sea,

But such a tide as moving seems asleep,
    Too full for sound and foam,
    When that which drew from out the boundless deep
    Turns again home.

Twilight and evening bell,
    And after that the dark!
    And may there be no sadness of farewell,
    When I embark;

For though from out our bourne of Time and Place
    The flood may bear me far,
    I hope to see my Pilot face to face
    When I have crossed the bar.

• AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 25, 2018 12:29PM

So sorry for you Paradise.
    When we sit down, as a family, we always say a prayer. Thanksgiving we let the youngest say it for us. My granddaughter Sam said "please, Lord, bless all those that have gone before us".
    That knocked my socks off to hear that from a 7 year old. Sunday school must have been the inspiration for that prayer. Or she was somehow in your heart.

bob

Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • ParadisefoundParadisefound Posts: 8,588 ✭✭✭✭✭

You've made me smile <3

@JBK said:
    @Paradisefound : sincerest condolences to you and your family.

There is never a good time for this sort of news, but at least the suffering is over. He now belongs to the ages, and his legacy lives on. A lot of people he never even met are very happy for what he left behind. ;)

After the tears :'( there can be many happy memories. :):):):):)

• BillDugan1959BillDugan1959 Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭✭✭

My deepest condolences. Sad that it occurred on Thansgiving Day, you will never quite forget the connection.

• SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,941 ✭✭✭✭✭

My Mom was brought to and from her last Thanksgiving dinner by an ambulance from the hospital where she lay dying from lung cancer.
    A sad day but always a day of remembrance to be thankful for having her in my life.
    Just my thought for you PF.

The entertainment can never be overdressed....except in burlesque

• ashelandasheland Posts: 23,039 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’m so sorry PF! I remember writing to you on Thanksgiving day. I had no idea you had lost him that same day... I’m so very sorry! :(

• 1Mike11Mike1 Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Paradisefound said:

My Dad finally passed on Thanksgiving day :'(

Thank you ALL for your kind words and the love I feel being part of CU family.

PS: I am glad I was able to post a closure for my own in this thread .... Thank you @Bigpoppas for resurrected it up for me to come to resolve.

Oh no, I'm sorry for your loss. I know you were expecting it but that doesn't make it easier. Its terrible when things like this happen on a holiday as it always refreshes things in your mind. I hope you and your family are doing well.

"May the silver waves that bear you heavenward be filled with love’s whisperings"

"A dog breaks your heart only one time and that is when they pass on". Unknown

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file