Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

American Eagle 2018 One Ounce Palladium Proof Coin (18EK) (Sold out...)

Comments

• Options
    VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭✭✭

Your recent order USM0601796x has shipped!

• Options
    morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 6, 2018 6:09PM

:How is it possible so many by one dealer got graded when the Mint released them today?:

I wonder the same thing must have a serious connection. How is it one seller has 20 available?

World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO
  • Options
    KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 6, 2018 6:14PM

@morgansforever
    See my reply two posts above to @Bikingnut & @Elemint

• Options
    GluggoGluggo Posts: 3,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 6, 2018 6:26PM

@morgansforever said:
    Anyone know if PCGS will offer the generic FS Black label?

Looks like that is an EXCLUSIVE to APMEX and not to the general public unless they decide to do a SPECIAL LABEL like they did with the Breast Cancer Awareness coins.

I just looked nothing yet.

https://www.pcgs.com/labels

Question is how much will APMEX charge when theirs come in $3900? $4100? 4500? What ever it is I am getting one!

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,538 ✭✭✭✭✭

Got email my order has shipped.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    SweetpieSweetpie Posts: 466 ✭✭✭

@morgansforever said:
    :How is it possible so many by one dealer got graded when the Mint released them today?:

I wonder the same thing must have a serious connection. How is it one seller has 20 available?

Simple.
    Have 20 friends, family members and or co-workers stand in line at the 3 mint gift shops right before the "opening bell (noon)". I called the DC mint today and was told all 100 vouchers for the PD Eagle coins were distributed by 11am.

• Options
    ParadisefoundParadisefound Posts: 8,588 ✭✭✭✭✭

Did they possibly made the promise ahead of the fact? :#

@morgansforever said:

• Options
    CoinPhysicistCoinPhysicist Posts: 597 ✭✭✭✭

If one really wanted the first actually graded one, they could have bought it at a mint gift shop, hopped a plane to long beach and gotten it show graded. Isn't that a possibility? Highly doubt anyone did that. But still.

Successful transactions with: wondercoin, Tetromibi, PerryHall, PlatinumDuck, JohnMaben/Pegasus Coin & Jewelry, CoinFlip, and coinlieutenant.

• Options

@Elemint
    Thanks, solves the mystery, at least for me. It could be possible to pick one (Some?) up at the Mint gift shop in Phillie and fly to Sarasota and have it graded by NGC. That would be some trip!

Possible. Or FedX Overnight
    The slab pix? Photoshop

• Options

HAPPY BIRTHDAY <3

@jmlanzaf said:
    Here's the dilemma: September 6th is my birthday.

• Options
    CoinCrazyPACoinCrazyPA Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭✭

Not as many as I would have thought.

Positive BST transactions: agentjim007, cohodk, CharlieC, Chrischampeon, DRG, 3 x delistamps, djdilliodon, gmherps13, jmski52, Meltdown, Mesquite, 2 x nibanny, themaster, 2 x segoja, Timbuk3, ve3rules, jom, Blackhawk, hchcoin, Relaxn, pitboss, blu62vette, Jfoot13, Jinx86, jfoot13,Ronb

Successful Trades: Swampboy,
  • Options
    RarityRarity Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭✭

I had the coin in my bag but at check out, the screen stopped moving. I tried to refresh a few times but then I saw “your item is no longer available”. It was 9:04am.
    It was unbelievable. How could 15,000 transactions go through in 4 minutes?

• Options

@Rarity said:
    I had the coin in my bag but at check out, the screen stopped moving. I tried to refresh a few times but then I saw “your item is no longer available”. It was 9:04am.

I agree something is not right.

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,538 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 6, 2018 9:55PM

15,000 is a low number when you consider how many people nationwide were logged on waiting for this one. I recall something similar with the silver Peace medals a couple of years ago.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

In the old days it would have taken 20 minutes to sell 15,000.

Positive BST transactions: agentjim007, cohodk, CharlieC, Chrischampeon, DRG, 3 x delistamps, djdilliodon, gmherps13, jmski52, Meltdown, Mesquite, 2 x nibanny, themaster, 2 x segoja, Timbuk3, ve3rules, jom, Blackhawk, hchcoin, Relaxn, pitboss, blu62vette, Jfoot13, Jinx86, jfoot13,Ronb

• Options
    AkbeezAkbeez Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭✭✭

Everyone complained about the Mints ability to process orders faster with issues like this. Looks like they may have acted. Will be interesting to see what first day sales are.

Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS
  • Options
    Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭

I bet they go back on tomorrow for all the CC that did not go and over the HHL but don't know what time. Last time it was like 3AM or4AM or was it 6AM Pacific time.

Hoard the keys.
  • Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,079 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Paradisefound said:
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY <3

@jmlanzaf said:
    Here's the dilemma: September 6th is my birthday.

Thanks!

• Options
    OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭✭✭

I believe it was UNAVAILABLE at the 4.5 minute mark. That's 270 seconds. The mint was selling them at about fifty five coins per second. The site was definitely being choked and despite long pauses and frozen screens, the sales chugged along processing the first 15000. I was logged in at noon, dropped the coin into my cart, went through the payment pages, and had the purchase in around 90 seconds. There wasn't much time for any mistakes or refreshing key strokes. Congrats to all the successful collectors that picked one up, sorry if your connection failed you.

• Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

Did it just go back up for a few seconds? I refreshed at 07:30. Looked like it was there for a few seconds. Gone before I checked out.

Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,504 ✭✭✭
    edited September 7, 2018 6:56AM

I relapsed and bought one this morning. I tried to beat my addiction but couldn't. It was already in my bag from yesterday, so exactly at 7:30 AM everything was lined up and hit the button and got my order in.

• Options

Nice job. I tried to do the same but they were gone before I got through.

• Options
    jwittenjwitten Posts: 5,077 ✭✭✭✭✭

I too saw them for a few seconds. Of course, the site froze up for me again, lol.

• Options
    dmwestdmwest Posts: 947 ✭✭✭✭

@jwitten said:
    I too saw them for a few seconds. Of course, the site froze up for me again, lol.

I bet tomorrow of early next week there will be a slightly larger window to grab one....

Don't quote me on that.

• Options

@dmwest said:

@jwitten said:

I bet tomorrow of early next week there will be a slightly larger window to grab one....

It's been awhile, but thinking back on the Eisenhower or one of the chronicle issues that was extremely high demand it was only the first day post sellout that any went back up. I could be wrong.

• Options
    bigolebigole Posts: 385 ✭✭✭

My son got one this morning. FYI.

• Options

@Rarity said:

Are you familiar with Amazon? They processed 600 items per second at the peak on Amazon Prime Day. That's 36,000 items per minute.

They don't swipe the credit cards by hand.

• Options

@jmlanzaf said:

@Rarity said:

Are you familiar with Amazon? They processed 600 items per second at the peak on Amazon Prime Day. That's 36,000 items per minute.

They don't swipe the credit cards by hand.

Wow that is interesting thank you a-lot of transactions per second!

• Options

Add my name to the SHIPPED list.

• Options
    Bigbuck1975Bigbuck1975 Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not shipped yet for me.

• Options

@Kudbegud said:
    Add my name to the SHIPPED list.

+1

• Options
    CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

3D printing!

;)

• Options
    ajmanajman Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭

You would think though that the mint would have fancied up the packaging a little more for such a anticipated debut for a coin but, if they do well with the quality control problems that they have had in the past then this to me is shaping up to be something along the lines of the 2009 $20 UHR.

Beer is Proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy -Benjamin Franklin-
  • Options
    HATTRICKHATTRICK Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭✭✭

In the old days:
    How is it possible when Toys R Us got 15 cases of Pokemon cards 5 went on the shelf and 10 went to somebody else ?
    Was it magic ? No It was the power of the dollar. Money talks and product walks. Out the back door.

" If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 7, 2018 11:57AM

I was logged in before noon (ET), as was a sister and a brother. The wife was on the phone with a mint employee at one minute before "sales opened". She processed the order in 45 seconds by phone ( I heard it).
    But somehow, none of us were able to get a coin. I think there's a scam. I did order one on the BST from a member for $1800. for a collector who called me at the shop a day earlier asking if I could get one.

So, before you all condemn us dealers, try to remember we are trying to "fill orders" for true collectors, in spite of the "mark-up" and greed surrounding these stupid orbs.

• Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,869 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ajman said:
    You would think though that the mint would have fancied up the packaging a little more for such a anticipated debut for a coin but, if they do well with the quality control problems that they have had in the past then this to me is shaping up to be something along the lines of the 2009 $20 UHR.

Yes. I've experienced the rise and fall of that one, too.

• Options
    WALLEWALLE Posts: 234 ✭✭✭✭

The United States Mint is in the process of producing additional 2018 American Silver Eagle bullion coins. They will make these coins available for sale shortly.

As for the 2018 American Palladium Eagle one-ounce Proof coins, coins may be made available later, and so potential buyers are advised to click the “Remind Me” button on the product’s page on the Mint’s website. For more information_,** please visit the website of the United States Mint.

Do you think they will make more??

• Options
    BigABigA Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 7, 2018 12:14PM

If there were near 15,000 sold the answer is no way

ASE's have no mintage limit

• Options

In the old days it would have taken 20 minutes to sell 15,000.> @WALLE said:

The United States Mint is in the process of producing additional 2018 American Silver Eagle bullion coins. They will make these coins available for sale shortly.

As for the 2018 American Palladium Eagle one-ounce Proof coins, coins may be made available later, and so potential buyers are advised to click the “Remind Me” button on the product’s page on the Mint’s website. For more information_,** please visit the website of the United States Mint.

Do you think they will make more??

No

• Options
    BigABigA Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭✭

I will admit I do enjoy the drama of trying to get this kind of limited mintage product.

• Options
    SweetpieSweetpie Posts: 466 ✭✭✭

Read that the Mint may produce a 2018 Uncirulated Palladium version. Same question: is it true
    ??

• Options
    RichRRichR Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭✭✭

Random question re shipping...mine hasn't shipped yet, but seems pegged for UPS Ground which is usually snail mail. I thought higher priced bullion items usually were upgraded to faster options.

Did that policy change or am I imagining that was the case in the past?

• Options

@RichR It kinda says that. They have not upgraded their wording to include Palladium.
    https://catalog.usmint.gov/customer-service/shipping.html

• Options
    edited September 7, 2018 2:06PM

@RichR said:
    Random question re shipping...mine hasn't shipped yet, but seems pegged for UPS Ground which is usually snail mail. I thought higher priced bullion items usually were upgraded to faster options.

Did that policy change or am I imagining that was the case in the past?

You are imagining it. LOL. You can upgrade to faster option, but the default is the slow boat except for certain bullion items. This oddball stuff doesn't seem to qualify.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file