Home PCGS Set Registry Forum

Anyone up for some Roosie Talk? - Thread #5

Comments

• labloverlablover Posts: 3,590 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 10, 2018 5:16AM

@ilikemonsters said:

@rainbowroosie said:
    An unnamed but very generous board member just sent me this to me for free. A wonderful gesture. I really like the coin, but I’m thinking of continuing the Roosie gifting. I’ll probably pass this to a very young numismatist walking the floor at FUN in January. While I greatly appreciate this gift, I think it’s better to make a young person happy than keep it for myself. Think about doing the same at the next show. Again, to this board member, very cool gesture. I like the way you roll.

I was bidding, eBay pictures looked nice. The prettiest MS64 I have ever seen. I know the man who found these interesting neon 1953-D Dimes. They all came from rolls. I bought a few when he just got them slabbed last year. He got one MS67+FB I believe****.** I saw that a fellow forum member was selling an MS65FB for $80 or something.****** Which means selling the MS65FB I had for $25 was a bad choice :#

I like your idea of gifting the coin forward. For the sake of the younger generation lacking a presence in the coin collecting world, I too will donate a coin to a very young numismatist at FUN in January. I would love to see other people also gift their coins forward to young young numismatists.

That's me with the MS65FB. I also have this one in MS66FB that I'm keeping:

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
  • rainbowroosierainbowroosie Posts: 4,874 ✭✭✭✭

I’d keep that 66 too! ;)

"You keep your 1804 dollar and 1822 half eagle -- give me rainbow roosies in MS68."
    rainbowroosie April 1, 2003
    edited August 10, 2018 4:46PM

@lablover said:

@ilikemonsters said:

@rainbowroosie said:
    An unnamed but very generous board member just sent me this to me for free. A wonderful gesture. I really like the coin, but I’m thinking of continuing the Roosie gifting. I’ll probably pass this to a very young numismatist walking the floor at FUN in January. While I greatly appreciate this gift, I think it’s better to make a young person happy than keep it for myself. Think about doing the same at the next show. Again, to this board member, very cool gesture. I like the way you roll.

I was bidding, eBay pictures looked nice. The prettiest MS64 I have ever seen. I know the man who found these interesting neon 1953-D Dimes. They all came from rolls. I bought a few when he just got them slabbed last year. He got one MS67+FB I believe****.** I saw that a fellow forum member was selling an MS65FB for $80 or something.****** Which means selling the MS65FB I had for $25 was a bad choice :#

I like your idea of gifting the coin forward. For the sake of the younger generation lacking a presence in the coin collecting world, I too will donate a coin to a very young numismatist at FUN in January. I would love to see other people also gift their coins forward to young young numismatists.

That's me with the MS65FB. I also have this one in MS66FB that I'm keeping:

Oh, here's that MS65FB listed on the BST...Interested? There's TrueView, and now you have GemView (Jim) B)

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
  • ilikemonstersilikemonsters Posts: 767 ✭✭✭✭

@AllCoinsRule said:
    Is anyone at the show and able to look at the SB dimes in person? (and doesn't mind sharing their opinions with me?).

PM me, I am able to do that.

• StoogeStooge Posts: 4,639 ✭✭✭✭✭

@AllCoinsRule said:
    Is anyone at the show and able to look at the SB dimes in person? (and doesn't mind sharing their opinions with me?).

I have to ask since It's just not clicking....what are "SB Dimes"?

Later, Paul.
  • david3142david3142 Posts: 3,388 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Stooge said:

@AllCoinsRule said:

Stacks Bowers

@david3142 said:

@Stooge said:

@AllCoinsRule said:

Stacks Bowers

Thanks!

Later, Paul.
  • onlyroosiesonlyroosies Posts: 3,281 ✭✭✭✭

Wow! The 1949P MS68FB hammers at $13,200 with BP. Does someone think that coin is a 68+FB or 69FB. I never expected that.

@AllCoinsRule said:
    Is that a record price for a regular issue Roosie or did you value your 47-s at an even higher price when coming up with the number for your complete set?

I can only comment on that in a PM

@onlyroosies said:
    Wow! The 1949P MS68FB hammers at $13,200 with BP. Does someone think that coin is a 68+FB or 69FB. I never expected that.

How high would a stack of 132,000 dimes be? Congrats to the winner!

Later, Paul.
    edited August 16, 2018 10:17AM

Went to the bank. Wish I could take good photos. Enjoy.

"You keep your 1804 dollar and 1822 half eagle -- give me rainbow roosies in MS68."
    edited August 16, 2018 10:21AM

A couple of non Roosies

Plus one

Nice Billy, very nice!!!

@onlyroosies said:

I saw it during lot viewing. 67+FB at best!

There was a 1949 D 68FB which was a high end 68, that was a whole lot nicer than the 49P.

• BGBG Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow!! Very Nice Roosies all!!

These two are in my Birth Year Set:

photo eBay - NGC MS-67 FT Lg Obv  Combo B.jpg

photo 1957 NGC Roosie in 67 Obv Combo 2.jpg

The 1946P MS68FB was a pop 2/0 coin for years. Within the past 60 days it becomes a pop 4/0. PC price guide is over $10K for the coin. Should the price guide be changed now that the pop had doubled. I understand it's a first year type But!!!! so is the 46D & 46S and they add another 16 68FB's. Hmmmmm

• wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭✭

As you know, I just paid under $3,000 for a nice pop 4/0 MS68FB from the 1940’s. Of course, the 46-P never was worth $10,000 even as the pop 1/0 I sold a decade ago. It is obviously worth closer to 1/2 that amount now as a pop 4/0. As always, just my 2 cents. Wondercoin.

Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.

The pop report for MS68FB silver Roosies was 113 last week. It is now 112. That means someone sent one back for a shot at 68+FB. Who ever it is and if you hit let me know, I might have a home for it. I know of 5 silver Roosies Currently sitting in MS68FB holders that I grade MS68+FB. I'm feeling another silver 68+FB will soon be graded.

I will pay $20,000 for any MS68+FB Roosevelt Dime if I feel it is accurately graded.

@ilikemonsters said:
    I will pay $20,000 for any MS68+FB Roosevelt Dime if I feel it is accurately graded.

I think I can get you the 2011P MS68+FB for $20K

• KhaymanKhayman Posts: 71 ✭✭✭

@ilikemonsters said:

And right there, everyone, is the nexus of Gradeflation & Price Inflation.

If you'll pay $20k for a 68+FB then surely you'll pay $40k for my 69FB 17-P. PM me.

• erwindocerwindoc Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 27, 2018 6:45PM

Does anyone have a lead on a 57P in MS67FT in an NGC holder? I know someone looking for one.

@AllCoinsRule said:
    There's never been an ms68fb white (silver) Roosie, correct? What's the finest white silver Roosie you all have seen? My 54-p is my nicest, no marks whatsoever, super luster, just a couple hidden milk spots.

>

I made a 50D MS68FB blast white dripping with luster about 15 years ago. Mitch, You remember that coin.

Still have it for sale Nick. I recently asked John if he needed a 50-D but did not mention to him that it is blast white.

Wondercoin

Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
    edited August 29, 2018 1:19PM

@wondercoin said:
    Still have it for sale Nick. I recently asked John if he needed a 50-D but did not mention to him that it is blast white.

Wondercoin

Jaime is the one asking, I believe John already has a 50D 68FB. Here is a pic of John's 50D 67+FB. Now that he upgraded
    this date his 67+FB just might be for sale.

@onlyroosies said:

@wondercoin said:

Wondercoin

Jaime is the one asking, I believe John already has a 50D 68FB. Here is a pic of John's 50D 67+FB. Now that he upgraded
    this date his 67+FB just might be for sale.

And just where, and who did you steal this coin from Nick? :)

• KccoinKccoin Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭✭✭

Beautiful 50-d @onlyroosies

Not Mine, It belongs to John, Also X-Lablover

@onlyroosies said:

Here's an X-@lablover I just bought recently...

MS67FB

Later, Paul.

@Stooge said:

@onlyroosies said:

Here's an X-@lablover I just bought recently...

MS67FB

Also X-Onlyroosies...they do get around.

• MonsterCoinzMonsterCoinz Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭✭✭

These were posted a while back on the forum and I managed to pick them up.

www.MonsterCoinz.com | My Toned Showcase

Check out my iPhone app SlabReader!
  • KhaymanKhayman Posts: 71 ✭✭✭

Wow, Mach1ne - those are simply stunning.

Those 1962's are beautiful. I would bet that as quick as you posted pics of them you equally as quick got Pm'd offers for them. Tell me Mach1 do you still own them?

edited August 31, 2018 4:58PM

@mach1ne said:
    These were posted a while back on the forum and I managed to pick them up.

Nice, I could use one of those...please?

Just a little something new, a lowly MS67...

Any reverse pictures for those 3 dimes?

Later, Paul.

@Stooge said:

Since you received no reply, I'll show you one of another date. There's something that draws me to nicely toned reverse roosies. Graded NGC MS66*. How this did not make 67* or better is beyond me...

@lablover said:
    Since you received no reply, I'll show you one of another date.

That's par for the course.

Later, Paul.
  • MonsterCoinzMonsterCoinz Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Stooge said:

www.MonsterCoinz.com | My Toned Showcase

Check out my iPhone app SlabReader!
    edited September 5, 2018 5:36PM

1964-D just sold on eBay
    1976-P just sold on eBay
    A number of other clad dimes just sold on eBay

Justin (monstercoinmart) is doing a super great job selling Roosies! I don’t see anyone pulling down the $$$ on Roosies that Justin is. But, I am his father. Lol.

Wondercoin.

@wondercoin said:
    1964-D just sold on eBay
    1976-P just sold on eBay
    A number of other clad dimes just sold on eBay

Justin (monstercoinmart) is doing a super great job selling Roosies! I don’t see anyone pulling down the $$$ on Roosies that Justin is. But, I am his father. Lol.

Wondercoin.

That's great Mitch, but how many has he sold vs. how many went to DLH?

Later, Paul.

Stooge. I can’t reveal who bought what of course. But, I can tell you Justin received a fair number of formal and informal offers on the 1976-P dime. Obviously, it is a great date in FB.

Wondercoin

@wondercoin said:
    Stooge. I can’t reveal who bought what of course. But, I can tell you Justin received a fair number of formal and informal offers on the 1976-P dime. Obviously, it is a great date in FB.

Wondercoin

Of course Mitch. I always do my own research.

Thanks!

Later, Paul.