Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

March 2018 Pickups...LET'S SEE THEM!

Comments

• Options
    jfkheatjfkheat Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭✭✭

I received these in the last few days. With the addition of the Pinson Stand-up I now need five cards to finish the set. The two Red Heart cards are upgraded for my set. The PSA 9 Hegan is a tough one. There are only four 9s and no 10s.
    James

• Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,355 ✭✭✭✭✭

On the Red Hearts - really nice James!

That's a set I wished I had done years ago.

Mike
  • Options
    justrun7justrun7 Posts: 33 ✭✭✭

My favorite pickups from the Philly Show.

• Options
    HalonutHalonut Posts: 78 ✭✭

Picked this up for $17.95 Dlvd from 4SC

• Options
    JBrulesJBrules Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Frozencaribou said:
    Got some great bumps in my most recent submissions, which is just like getting brand new cards. Very pleased with the Yzerman especially.

>
    That Yzerman is outstanding. Congrats on all of those.

• Options
    slum22slum22 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭✭

Wow! A bump to a 10? Congrats. The Yzerman RC is probably my favorite card from that decade.

Steve
  • Options
    FrozencaribouFrozencaribou Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the props, jbrules and slum22. One of my favourite cards from the 80's as well. I always liked in action over posed or standing shots and when Yzerman was ripping it up in the late 80's and early 90's this card was gold.

-Nathanael

• Options
    miwlvrnmiwlvrn Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Frozencaribou said:
    Thanks for the props, jbrules and slum22. One of my favourite cards from the 80's as well. I always liked in action over posed or standing shots and when Yzerman was ripping it up in the late 80's and early 90's this card was gold.

-Nathanael

He's always been my favorite player. Sometimes I wonder if he drew a hooking call on that play pictured in the RC.

• Options
    FrozencaribouFrozencaribou Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd say the Caps player in the photo would have to have Yzerman in a headlock to get the refs attention in the 80's. "Water skiing" was pretty common. If you go back and watch 80's hockey, its incredible how much interference, holding, and stick work was allowed. No matter, that hockey was so entertaining.

@miwlvrn said:

He's always been my favorite player. Sometimes I wonder if he drew a hooking call on that play pictured in the RC.

• Options
    pjb103183pjb103183 Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭

This classic arrived in today’s mail

• Options
    JKTJKT Posts: 492 ✭✭✭

I like this kid and his potential:

And another one for the stash:

Always looking for tougher PSA 10's of Nolan Arenado, Alex Bregman, Mookie Betts, Francisco Lindor, and Mike Trout.

• Options
    Kid4hof03Kid4hof03 Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭✭✭

Today's mail

Collecting anything and everything relating to Roger Staubach
  • Options
    erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,349 ✭✭✭✭✭

Purchased these all in the past couple weeks and finally got them all in hand for my future sub pile.

• Options
    JKTJKT Posts: 492 ✭✭✭

A short print rookie card of the world's best all around SS (IMHO).

One of the last 80's Eddie Murray cards I needed for my Basic Set. Not a tough card at all on any level, just a card I hadn't gotten around to adding until now:

Always looking for tougher PSA 10's of Nolan Arenado, Alex Bregman, Mookie Betts, Francisco Lindor, and Mike Trout.

• Options

• Options

• Options
    1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 12, 2018 6:08AM

After scooping the 'solo' version, I decided to splurge on the rookie and manager version:

1936 Goudey Premium - DiMaggio - McCarthy
    updated high res scans!!!

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• Options
    KendallCatKendallCat Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭✭✭

Beautiful Satch card there!

KC

• Options
    yoda99yoda99 Posts: 184 ✭✭✭

Another card for my 1958 Colts team set.

• Options
    PiggsPiggs Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭✭

Love the Red Hearts and the '65 Howard cards.

• Options

I’ve wanted this card for quite some time...it’s a beast to find in high grade, and it’s 1 of 9 that psa has deemed worthy of calling “mint”...totally jazzed to land this one!

• Options
    JBrulesJBrules Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭✭✭

@pjb103183 said:
    I’ve wanted this card for quite some time...it’s a beast to find in high grade, and it’s 1 of 9 that psa has deemed worthy of calling “mint”...totally jazzed to land this one!

Congrats on landing the Henderson that is a sweet looking card. OPC is very underrated in my book.

• Options
    OdessafileOdessafile Posts: 440 ✭✭✭

Opeechee is so undervalued in mlb card collecting that is ... vintage especially .. I love the gorgeous black bordered ‘71 opeechee issue .. the backs are yellow with a photo ... one day I think they head way higher IMO.

• Options

More for my player sets

• Options
    IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,434 ✭✭✭✭

Off eBay I picked up this Dugout Lineup card (written in manager Earl Weaver's hand) from Cal Ripken Jr.'s rookie season of 1982...I had to do a little research to determine it was from the game of 08/02/82 vs. Boston

IMF

Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Options
    Gemyanks10Gemyanks10 Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭

Picked this up last week as an addition to my 1986 Donruss Highlights PSA 10 set. I thought this would make a nice addition to the set, and thought the card presented beautifully.

Always looking for OPC "tape intact" baseball wax boxes, and 1984 OPC baseball PSA 10's for my set. Please PM or email me if you have any available.
  • Options
    edited March 10, 2018 1:27PM

@Gemyanks10 that card is something special ... the wonderful thing about baseball is time will forgive and he will be appreciated for what and where he fits in the game ... his place will be understood. Baseball is a great game for that ... villains are humanized over time.

• Options
    Gemyanks10Gemyanks10 Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭

@Odessafile said:
    @Gemyanks10 that card is something special ... the wonderful thing about baseball is time will forgive and he will be appreciated for what and where he fits in the game ... his place will be understood. Baseball is a great game for that ... villains are humanized over time.

Thank you! I can’t help but forgive them. I grew up watching these guys, and the memories I had watching these guys play, and collecting their cards as a kid outweighs the negativity surrounding them.

Always looking for OPC "tape intact" baseball wax boxes, and 1984 OPC baseball PSA 10's for my set. Please PM or email me if you have any available.
  • Options

@Kid4hof03 ... that photo of Tony is a little alarming to me as he is going thru some serious post career mental health issues ...it’s kinda like watching him deteriorate in front of me ... I remember that 99 yarder he ran Against Minnesota on Monday night like it was yesterday ... he was splendid indeed.

• Options

You guys have been busy. A lot of really nice cards have been posted in the last few days.

This 63 Fleer is an upgrade for my set.

James

• Options
    PaulMaulPaulMaul Posts: 4,721 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 10, 2018 6:40PM

Picked up a nice '64 FB wrapper...three 5 cent wrappers away from a high grade 1956-80 run...

Also, saw this card in White Plains today and had to buy it because it's literally the nicest '73 I have ever seen, and a Met to boot...

• Options

Picked up these type 1's

• Options
    Dand522612Dand522612 Posts: 417 ✭✭✭

Twins both FASC

really appear to be case fresh

• Options
    sinoth23sinoth23 Posts: 152 ✭✭

Nice pair of 85 boxes. Brings back good memories- first box I ripped as a kid. You storing or opening?

• Options
    ghooper33ghooper33 Posts: 309 ✭✭✭✭

I picked up this guy for my 48 Bowman set. It has been tough finding one decently centered.

“We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act but a habit.” -Aristotle
  • Options
    Dand522612Dand522612 Posts: 417 ✭✭✭

Thanks, definitely storing on a shelf. Like the FASC

@sinoth23 said:
    Nice pair of 85 boxes. Brings back good memories- first box I ripped as a kid. You storing or opening?

• Options
    edited March 14, 2018 9:00AM

It’s not possible to have enough Aaron judge RCs. If you ever get stuck somewhere or lost .. having a judge with you can come in handy

• Options
    brad31brad31 Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭✭✭

Need to get myself a quality scanner but very pleased with these three purchases.

• Options
    brad31brad31 Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭✭✭

I love the Paige and the Bowman Aaron. Thanks to everyone who has shared.

• Options

Two more 1963 Fleer cards were delivered today, one new addition to my set and one upgrade.
    James

• Options

Got another Munson today

• Options
    DM23HOFDM23HOF Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 12, 2018 2:11PM

I see many of us have the imminent mlb season card fever!

Added two /5 Judges for the collection. Flip Stock and Gold Refractor.

Instagram: mattyc_collection

• Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,355 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow Jaylen - is that a signed Robinson?

Would really like to have his sig.

Mike