Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

March 2018 Pickups...LET'S SEE THEM!

Comments

• Options
    fergie23fergie23 Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭✭

Addition to my Brady RC collection. Photo from eBay. I spent $1200 more than it is realistically worth but in the end would rather have the card than the money. Down to 3 cards left for my Brady RC collection -- numbered #/50 or higher -- that are not pop 0 though one of them may be out of my price range (2000 Fleer Autographics gold #/50). The gold Autographics was a pop 2 but looks like someone sent one of the 9s into PSA for review.

• Options
    OdessafileOdessafile Posts: 440 ✭✭✭
    edited March 17, 2018 2:27PM

a touch of Moncada~

• Options
    edited March 12, 2018 6:07PM

@DM23HOF ~ did you pull those yourself? I’ll bet the red backs look awesome with that gold refractor..

• Options
    edited March 17, 2018 2:28PM

Boston too.

• Options
    tigerdeantigerdean Posts: 904 ✭✭✭

I was happy to nab this sweetie.

• Options
    yoda99yoda99 Posts: 184 ✭✭✭
    edited March 13, 2018 5:52AM

I just recently picked up a 1959 Mantle (using the 20 percent special) and a player from the 1969 Miracle Mets.

• Options

Neon Cleon !

• Options
    UFFDAHUFFDAH Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭✭✭

Picked up this Beauty Brees Rookie thanks to the heads up from shu4040 on the 20% off Coupon.

POP 5 - PSA 10

• Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭

Just won these, does anyone have an idea what the Pro Set Jordan might be worth??

• Options
    dictoresnodictoresno Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭✭✭

just picked these two up. I plan on crossing the BGS one to PSA.

myslabs.to/smzcards

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,336 ✭✭✭✭✭

That Killebrew Stand-Up is SWEET!

Took forever (it seemed) for PSA to reholder the Killebrew Team Issue. Highest graded so far.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    Kid4hof03Kid4hof03 Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭✭✭

Bill, your collection is always incredible but that Ripken check is one of the coolest things you've shared.

Collecting anything and everything relating to Roger Staubach
  • Options

mailday. picked this up with the ebay 20% off promo.

myslabs.to/smzcards

• Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,359 ✭✭✭✭✭

Some really great stuff guys.

Hiya Bill - that Ripken check is just plain gold! That's truly something special buddy.

Mike
  • Options
    edited March 15, 2018 11:18AM

Limited print run Brady Rookie pickup.

• Options
    edited March 15, 2018 8:29PM

@mintonlypls said:
    Just won this McGwire on PWCC...

that centering is absolutely killer. I miss my pack pulled PSA 10 that I posted here a few times. ended up trading/selling it for a PSA 8 Jeter SP Foil, PSA 10 Jeter Murphy and $100 cash. mine was a little tilted. this one is phenomenal.

myslabs.to/smzcards

• Options

Geez Monte - that's perfection buddy.

I have to say - I've got a few raw - but nothing like that.

I wonder what he'd say if he could just go back to '85 and do it all over again?

Mike
  • Options
    rmh111985rmh111985 Posts: 392 ✭✭✭✭

For the hockey fans, this just came in. Really love the chrome reprint autos, and Roy is my all time favorite.

Main collecting focus is Patrick Roy playing days 85/86-02/03, expect 1/1, National/All-Star stamped cards.PC Completion: 2,548/2,952; 86.31% My Patrick Roy PC Website:https://proy33collector.weebly.com

• Options
    LOTSOSLOTSOS Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭✭✭

@rmh111985 said:
    For the hockey fans, this just came in. Really love the chrome reprint autos, and Roy is my all time favorite.

Very cool card. What year is it from?

Kevin

Kevin

• Options
    rexvosrexvos Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭✭✭

Don’t post many pickups anymore due
    to the bulk of my $$ going to grading fees. This will fit in nicely to the mid low grade Hank Aaron run I am working on

Looking for FB HOF Rookies
  • Options
    rmh111985rmh111985 Posts: 392 ✭✭✭✭

@LOTSOS said:

@rmh111985 said:

Very cool card. What year is it from?

Kevin

The Roy's are from 02/03 Topps Chrome.

Main collecting focus is Patrick Roy playing days 85/86-02/03, expect 1/1, National/All-Star stamped cards.PC Completion: 2,548/2,952; 86.31% My Patrick Roy PC Website:https://proy33collector.weebly.com

• Options
    1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,270 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm pretty excited to have completed the pair (along with the SGC original below, their highest graded) in high grade to add to my collection. Of the 21 ever graded by PSA, only the 2 6s are higher...

1955-57 NY Yankee Picture Pack - Mickey Mantle - Batting

1955-57 NY Yankee Picture Pack - Mickey Mantle - Portrait

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• Options

This is one of the rarest PM10 pins I've ever picked up - have never seen one with "Braves Field" on it before.

Mike
  • Options
    mintonlyplsmintonlypls Posts: 1,779 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mike...Nice pins! They appear to be in outstanding condition. Thx too for the comments about the McGwire RC!

Monte

mint_only_pls
  • Options
    prgsdwprgsdw Posts: 503 ✭✭✭✭

Those 1986 Donruss are beautiful cards - they really pop in gem mint. Remember well opening those that year.

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,228 ✭✭✭✭✭

have always found 86D to be aesthetically pleasing ^

purchased this super short print King raw hoping for a prodigious hit (<6% of Lustrous cards have come back dimes), but nueve will suffice. presents infinitely better in hand.

• Options
    prgsdwprgsdw Posts: 503 ✭✭✭✭

While there are definitely varying opinions of this man, having been inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame this past summer, I believe once his son Stephen takes over, he'll be added to the Dallas Cowboys RIng of Honor. So getting ready to add this item to that set when the time comes:

I used to have one of these in a screw down holder connected to a lanyard hanging in my car from the rear view mirror. LOL. I finally got around to buying a graded one (still have the other...).

Steve

• Options
    PROMETHIUS88PROMETHIUS88 Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not a pickup but fresh back from PSA today

Promethius881969@yahoo.com
  • Options

What a spring training this lad is having..... The hitting coach of the Braves and former player Ralph Garr compared him to Hank Aaron and called him a HOF'er ..... caveat being his health.

• Options
    1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,270 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Odessafile said:
    What a spring training this lad is having..... The hitting coach of the Braves and former player Ralph Garr compared him to Hank Aaron and called him a HOF'er ..... caveat being his health.

I have heard he is the real deal - we'll see.

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• Options

@PROMETHIUS88 ~ something about him landing on 3000 on the dot is significant.....3001 is just not the same.

• Options
    Dand522612Dand522612 Posts: 417 ✭✭✭

For those not on the FB group. Like I said there, it’s not perfect, but presents well. Unbelievable to think a Mantle, Mays, Aaron or Banks ETC may be lurking inside, if it is it may be a 10 or it might be completely wrecked and everything in between.

• Options
    hyperchipper09hyperchipper09 Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭✭✭

Only March pickups barring a RC pickup of Alworth or Patrick Roy. If I had a mission statement attached to my collection cards like this would be perfect examples of it:

• Options

@Odessafile said:
    @PROMETHIUS88 ~ something about him landing on 3000 on the dot is significant.....3001 is just not the same.

Such an iconic figure in baseball, wish I could have seen him play. I do still remember the day that Thurman Munson died in his plane crash. I was 8 years old and as I stated before, a fan of the Yankees in the postseason. I imagine the shock had to have been similar for Clemente fans when his fate was publicized.

• Options
    edited March 17, 2018 4:39PM

@dictoresno ...this year coming should be an absolute monster for this guy....thats why I think the Astros are still the team to beat even tho Im a Yankee. Good pitching defeats good hitting..... Astros are loaded in both aspects and have yet to feel the full healthy force of Mr. Correa.

• Options

Non-sport just back from PSA today. So tough to get these in 8 or higher. Ended up with 15 8's and these two beauties.

• Options
    edited March 19, 2018 6:47AM

Recent pickup - currently a POP 1 PSA 10 Brady.

• Options
    LittletweedLittletweed Posts: 623 ✭✭✭

@hyperchipper09 said:
    Only March pickups barring a RC pickup of Alworth or Patrick Roy. If I had a mission statement attached to my collection cards like this would be perfect examples of it:

That is a beautiful card, I'm glad you like it!

Matt

• Options
    Kid4hof03Kid4hof03 Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭✭✭

Made a trade for this 1967 Alcindor original Malcolm Emmons photo last week, really happy with it!

Collecting anything and everything relating to Roger Staubach
  • Options
    jfkheatjfkheat Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭✭✭

All these were bought during the eBay 20% off promotion. The 63 Fleer and 64 Stand-up cards are for my sets. My 63 Fleer set is now complete but I will continue to upgrade cards as I find nicer ones.

James

• Options

Eddie Matthews was known to hit the whiskey bottle pre-lunch..... he was an old school masher.

• Options
    brad31brad31 Posts: 2,595 ✭✭✭✭✭

Love that Fence Busters

• Options

@Chughes1 said:

Picked this up with the 20% discount. Rare to see them centered this well.

The Ozzie really is well centered, I have one I really like but this one is much better!!!