Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

March 2018 Pickups...LET'S SEE THEM!

Comments

• Options

@graygator said:

pretty nice Koufax, probably would have been in a 7 holder 10 years ago!

• Options
    yoda99yoda99 Posts: 184 ✭✭✭

• Options
    PaulMaulPaulMaul Posts: 4,729 ✭✭✭✭✭

All very nice for the grades, Yoda!

• Options
    Kid4hof03Kid4hof03 Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭✭✭

James Worthy master set addition

Collecting anything and everything relating to Roger Staubach
  • Options
    Chughes1Chughes1 Posts: 17 ✭✭

@CocoaBeachDodgers said:

@Chughes1 said:

Picked this up with the 20% discount. Rare to see them centered this well.

The Ozzie really is well centered, I have one I really like but this one is much better!!!

@CocoaBeachDodgers said:

@Chughes1 said:

Picked this up with the 20% discount. Rare to see them centered this well.

The Ozzie really is well centered, I have one I really like but this one is much better!!!

• Options

Thanks. Been looking for awhile and this was the best I’ve seen in years. Any chance it could get bumped?

• Options

Best 7 I have seen and overpayed a bit but got the 15% off. Going in for a re-grade.

• Options
    1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,270 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 20, 2018 7:01PM

Pretty pumped to continue to add the early Joe D stuff at reasonable prices...

1936 National Chicle Fine Pens - Joe DiMaggio Slams it...Erickson catching

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• Options
    slimiesslimies Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 20, 2018 8:36PM

great looking cards.. didnt pick any cards up in the last few days but found a signed Dave Dravecky book for 3.99 at goodwill

• Options
    ssdawg77ssdawg77 Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭✭✭

Picked up a couple HOFER's for one my Heritage auto sets. The Robinson is pop1 with none higher and the Banks is a pop2 with 1 higher.

• Options
    OdessafileOdessafile Posts: 440 ✭✭✭
    edited March 21, 2018 3:41PM

@slimies — put that in PSA’s “one armed autographed book” Master Set- you’ll have a leg up

• Options
    hyperchipper09hyperchipper09 Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭✭✭

Broke my rule Alworth/Roy rule , but had to get this. This is just a awesome RC of a generational talent from a difficult set. Satisfied doesn't begin to describe how happy I am to have this.

• Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,359 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very, very Nice Mike!

I got a lot of Sammy Baugh items for 144 bucks - very happy

Mike
  • Options

Paul..... sweet Pops!!! Chipper09.... The 77 Dantley’s are notorious for centering issues and yours is splendid. It’s nice to see the card love.

“Everybody love Everybody” - Jackie Moon.

• Options
    Arsenal83Arsenal83 Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭
    edited March 22, 2018 8:43PM

Sorry for the lousy picture. I'll update it when in hand.

• Options
    slum22slum22 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭✭

Just got these in. The Towns is an upgrade on a PSA 9 I have had as a place holder. The Jordans are all great additions to my growing 90's MJ collection. Hard to say which MJ I am more excited about. The Electrifying comes from one of the best looking inserts sets of the 90's. The Hooperstars is a die-cut and I love die-cuts, lol. I believe the MJ GU Warm Up Jersey is one of his earliest jersey cards and is a Pop 4 in the grade and serial numbered to /230.

Steve
  • Options
    brad31brad31 Posts: 2,595 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice Yaz

• Options
    PROMETHIUS88PROMETHIUS88 Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭✭✭

Neat Ruth pick up today!!

Promethius881969@yahoo.com
  • Options

Also picked up a couple unopened 70's baseball wax packs for grading. Couldn't come to terms on the 1974 cello pack, but I'm not giving up on it yet!

• Options

And finally some unopened 70's football wax!

• Options
    OdessafileOdessafile Posts: 440 ✭✭✭

The Heritage sets are fun for their variety of variations....anybody seen any other "Player Sample" autos other than Andrew Benintendi's? Ive been looking but not finding....

• Options
    ahopkinsahopkins Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭✭✭

^ Great looking Benny. The look in his eyes says confidence. I hope he's a legit player for a long time. Nice pickup.

Andy

• Options
    BPorter26BPorter26 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 27, 2018 4:43AM

Picked these two up the other day. I love the 75's, even though the Wilkes in a mid grade, the WIlkes card is super tough to find centered. The card does have some wax on the back of the card which knocked down the grade. ROY in 74 Barnes was a beast in ABA as well with Providence College.

"Everybody Love Everybody" - Jackie Moon

"EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY IT SAYS IT RIGHT THERE ON THE WALL" - JACKIE MOON
  • Options
    JBrulesJBrules Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Largentcollector said:
    Super cards all around! I finally added a Ryan / Koosman RC.

Sweet looking Ryan. Congrats Tim well done.

• Options

Awesome Ryan for the grade.

• Options
    LOTSOSLOTSOS Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Kid4hof03 said:
    Another Kareem today

Love the Rec-specs!

Kevin

• Options

I'm jealous of that Ryan rookie. It looks nicer than my 6.5. I don't have many basketball cards at all, but that Kareem would look nice in any collection.

I picked up a few 1954 Topps mid-level cards.

• Options

Just scooped this one last night; looks to be a pretty decent example...

1956 Topps #31 Hank Aaron

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• Options

Really good looking card Yoda.

I don't know your first name?

The Mathews jumped out of the screen at me. Nice going.

Mike
  • Options

@Stone193 said:
    Really good looking card Yoda.

I don't know your first name? - Micky or "The Mick" (Unlike Mantle or the mouse, I don't have an "e" in the spelling of my first name)

The Mathews jumped out of the screen at me. Nice going. - Thank You, it had the same effect on me.

• Options

Thanx Micky.

You hit the jackpot on centering also.

Mike
  • Options
    erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,395 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Dand522612 that is a great looking MJ and i would definitely try crossing at least a couple times. Good luck!

• Options
    Dand522612Dand522612 Posts: 417 ✭✭✭

@erikthredd Thanks, I think I have to try!!!

• Options

I think it's sweet Dan.

Couldn't ya send it in with the holder with instructions not to touch it unless it'll cross?

Mike
  • Options
    Dand522612Dand522612 Posts: 417 ✭✭✭

I think I have to put a minimum grade and naturally that would be 9. That makes it tough on a cross as they can’t determine necessarily if it is that quality I believe they will just pass. Not a crack out candidate!! Don’t believe they will mess with the holder otherwise

@Stone193 said:
    I think it's sweet Dan.

Couldn't ya send it in with the holder with instructions not to touch it unless it'll cross?

• Options

I feel like this is a good grab - more off center than I'd like but still a pretty decent looking card:

1955 Bowman #202 Mickey Mantle

• Options
    edited March 28, 2018 7:32AM

1951Wheaties - That Mantle is a good grab. The TV screen portion of the card looks very clean.

I picked up a couple of 1957 cards last night.

• Options

@yoda99 said:
    1951Wheaties - That Mantle is a good grab. The TV screen portion of the card looks very clean.

I picked up a couple of 1957 cards last night.

Thanks, man. Love that Frank Robinson.

As for that 1955 Bowman, there's a whole bunch of issues with them off the print line. This one has a nice clear image on the TV, good dark coloring and is centered enough to be fairly pleasing to the ee overall. The price pushed me over the edge.

• Options

Hiya Tim

I agree - the Mantle's a nice pickup - the centering T/B doesn't bother me with this issue.

Are you going to send it in for grading?

Mike
  • Options

The Robinson is a sweet card Micky.

And really nice centering.

Mike
  • Options

@Stone193 said:
    Hiya Tim

I agree - the Mantle's a nice pickup - the centering T/B doesn't bother me with this issue.

Are you going to send it in for grading?

I think so, yes. I think it falls into the range of 3-5. I don't go to the loupe or card measure route when buying raw. Always just the naked eye at a reasonable price. Thanks for the look.

I sold many of my favorites last summer to help pay off my young sons broken arm repair. My wife was between jobs and she's the source of benefits. Bad timings and I wasn't doing loans. So, most of my favorites went. Reloading now.

I collect Mickey, Lou, Joe and George Herman...

You, Mike? Besides 63 Fleer?