Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

225th Anniversary Enhanced Uncirculated Coin Set (17XC) (SOLD OUT! )

Comments

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,086 ✭✭✭✭✭

Any number less than 224,500 is going to allow us all to keep speculating on when and if the "missing" show up for sale.

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,273 ✭✭✭✭✭

posted

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    edited September 19, 2017 12:49PM

Special Collectibles
    17XC
    2017 225TH ANN ENHANCED UNC SET
    09/17/2017

Special Collectibles
    17XC
    2017 225TH ANN ENHANCED UNC SET
    09/10/2017

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

Special Collectibles 17XC 2017 225TH ANN ENHANCED UNC SET 193573 09/17/2017

LMAO! What does that mean?!?!?!?

• Options
    dmwestdmwest Posts: 947 ✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

LMAO! What does that mean?!?!?!?

they went backwards again?

D2

Don't quote me on that.

• Options

???????

Special Collectibles 17XC 2017 225TH ANN ENHANCED UNC SET 189816 09/04/2017
    Special Collectibles 17XC 2017 225TH ANN ENHANCED UNC SET 191206 09/10/2017

• Options

So, how did we go from 191,206 with over 7,000 available last week to 193,573 this week with NONE available??? Either they are pulling all returns and STILL getting thousands of them, or they just can't count!

• Options

I'm just going to throw this out there, if anyone knows. Is it possible that the Mint does NOT immediately book sales until payment clears or 15 days passes or some such nonsense?

• Options

I don't know whether to start selling my sets at $35 while they are pulling that or wait for them to declare a sell out at 193,000 - talk about a scarce Lincoln!

• Options

unless the inventory numbers posted here are wrong, this has no rational explanation. there cannot be 2k MORE sets """"destroyed(???)"""" in a week.

• Options

@jmlanzaf said:
    I'm just going to throw this out there, if anyone knows. Is it possible that the Mint does NOT immediately book sales until payment clears or 15 days passes or some such nonsense?

possible I suppose. unknown tho. maybe 1 week for returns?

• Options
    OverdateOverdate Posts: 6,945 ✭✭✭✭✭

However this sorts out, it's looking likely that final mintage will be under 200k.

My Adolph A. Weinman signature :)

• Options

known - no backorder
    known - unavailable for past few days with none reappearing in the a.m.

• Options

@MsMorrisine said:
    unless the inventory numbers posted here are wrong, this has no rational explanation. there cannot be 2k MORE sets """"destroyed(???)"""" in a week.

It's more like 5,000 sets. Nurmaler posted the sets available last Monday and it was over 7,000. We all watched it go to zero. So they sold 7,000 sets but only 2,000 NET sets were booked.

I can think of 3 possibilities:
    1. The Mint can't count
    2. The Mint has a pile of 32,000 returns that it doesn't know what to do with. Which also means 5000 returns this week, which seems unlikely.
    3. The Mint has a delay in booking sales. Either due to a return hold, waiting for credit card payment from their processor, or some other fancy governmental accounting lag.

Anyone else have any ideas?

• Options

Actually, I'm going to do some research. It should be easy for 1 day sellouts to see if they book all sales immediately.

• Options

For some reason, there is no 4/9/2017 report but here's 4/16

Special Collectibles 17RF 2017 CONGRATULATIONS SET 74497 04/16/2017

They almost fully booked sales within 12 days of purchase for the Congratulations set

• Options

@Overdate said:
    However this sorts out, it's looking likely that final mintage will be under 200k.

I wish we could conclude that. LOL. The numbers just don't add up. We KNOW they sold over 7,000 sets last week yet the sales number increased 2,000

• Options

@jmlanzaf said:

They almost fully booked sales within 12 days of purchase for the Congratulations set

what was on sale date?

• Options

@MsMorrisine said:

@jmlanzaf said:

what was on sale date?

April 4th. Which is why I wanted the report of the 9th?

Can anyone think of another one-day sell-out in the last couple years? What date did the Merc Dime go on sale?

• Options

@jmlanzaf said:

Can anyone think of another one-day sell-out in the last couple years? What date did the Merc Dime go on sale?

didn't the 225th Gold American Liberty sell out? jk.... :) I'm sure some folks on here recall some other sell outs....

Don't quote me on that.

• Options
    edited September 19, 2017 1:22PM

@jmlanzaf said:

what was on sale date?> @jmlanzaf said:

@MsMorrisine said:

@jmlanzaf said:

what was on sale date?

April 4th. Which is why I wanted the report of the 9th?

that one 2017 C Set is good enough for me

12 days = 1 week + (9th - 4th)

looks like a week delay

but

we were figuring about 400 net sales per day ... that's 2,800 + for a week and that has returns factored in already.

• Options

Precious Metal Products 16XB 2016 MERCURY DIME 24K GOLD .1OZ 122,510 04/24/2016
    Precious Metal Products 16XB 2016 MERCURY DIME 24K GOLD .1OZ 119,920 05/01/2016
    Precious Metal Products 16XB 2016 MERCURY DIME 24K GOLD .1OZ 118,741 05/08/2016
    Precious Metal Products 16XB 2016 MERCURY DIME 24K GOLD .1OZ 116096 12/11/2016
    Precious Metal Products 16XB 2016 MERCURY DIME 24K GOLD .1OZ 124915 12/26/2016

Same thing, smaller numbers, happened with the Merc Dime last year. They finally put it back on sale on December 21st - 8 months after it went unavailable. And notice the dropping sales numbers after the initial sale.

I think we should consider that it is LIKELY that 32,000 sets go on sale at some point later this year.

• Options

@dmwest said:

@jmlanzaf said:

didn't the 225th Gold American Liberty sell out? jk.... :) I'm sure some folks on here recall some other sell outs....

You're thinking of the 1 oz palladium coin

• Options
    edited September 19, 2017 1:54PM

@jmlanzaf said:

I think we should consider that it is LIKELY that 32,000 sets go on sale at some point later this year.

concur, extremely.

32,000 / 400 = ~80 days assuming no waning interest and 400 holds up.

• Options
    BigABigA Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭✭

I take the other side.....not worth the effort for a $30 set.

Done.....except for a few (less than 100) CC issues and returns

• Options
    edited September 19, 2017 2:17PM

Interesting

I say they see sales figures for other mint sets and decide to put the remaining back on sale for the duration.

perhaps they do a visual on the outside of the OGP, and anything without a crushed black box gets put back on sale. The rest are either reholdered or they fire up the presses again.

no way they have 30,000+ damaged sets.

• Options
    BackroadJunkieBackroadJunkie Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭✭✭

For the record...

225th Anniversary Enhanced Uncirculated Coin Set (17XC)
    Date Number sold Net Increase Comment
    8/6/2017 217,514 217,514
    8/13/2017 223,310 5,796
    8/20/2017 211,273 -12,037
    8/24/2017 189,089 coin world report
    8/27/2017 187,304 -23,969
    9/4/2017 189,816 2,512
    9/10/2017 191,206 1,390
    9/17/2017 193,573 2,367
  • Options

@MsMorrisine said:

@jmlanzaf said:

possible I suppose. unknown tho. maybe 1 week for returns?

Sales are immediate. Otherwise the number wouldn't go down after the CC's have been declined.

31K sets seems an excessive number of returns. Should they have gotten that number, then it might take them this long to go through that number of returns. (I assume they would open each set to make sure the contents is there, and that would take quite a long time.)

Only thing to do now is wait for an explanation from the Mint. We'll get one sooner or later.

• Options
    jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's a russian Conspiracy

• Options

@BigA said:
    I take the other side.....not worth the effort for a $30 set.

Done.....except for a few (less than 100) CC issues and returns

I agree. I am still suspicious of that huge gap in the product schedule between mid-October and the end of the year. I suspect there will be another mint product introduced.

But remember that producing 30K of these sets wouldn't be a problem. They're probably still making proof and silver proof sets, and production of these really aren't any different than those.

• Options
    KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MsMorrisine said:
    Interesting

The rest are either reholdered or they fire up the presses again.

I don't think there is any chance they mint any more.

• Options

What makes the LEAST sense is this week. How did they sell 7000 sets but only register 2000 sales? There CAN'T be that many returns at this point. We're outside of 30 days in the initial sale. How could more than half of last week's sales been offset by returns?

• Options

@jmlanzaf said:
    What makes the LEAST sense is this week. How did they sell 7000 sets but only register 2000 sales? There CAN'T be that many returns at this point. We're outside of 30 days in the initial sale. How could more than half of last week's sales been offset by returns?

They went unavailable on Saturday right? So the snapshot of sales was Sunday, so they should have shown all 7000 sets being sold.....but I did think the number went down too fast...maybe they withdrew several thousand for some reason?

D2

Don't quote me on that.

• Options

@dmwest said:

@jmlanzaf said:

They went unavailable on Saturday right? So the snapshot of sales was Sunday, so they should have shown all 7000 sets being sold.....but I did think the number went down too fast...maybe they withdrew several thousand for some reason?

D2

maybe. Although they also sent out an ad such seemed to boost the rate.

Time will tell

• Options
    FullStrikeFullStrike Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭

There's always room for a Silver Mickey Mouse Medal. Maybe even a Gold one. The Mint has GOT to know they'd sell a bunch. So when do those stoned Ponies put those out?

• Options

@FullStrike said:
    There's always room for a Silver Mickey Mouse Medal. Maybe even a Gold one. The Mint has GOT to know they'd sell a bunch. So when do those stoned Ponies put those out?

You must be talking about the Perth Mint. They have the contract to do Mickey Mouse. (No seriously, they do.)

• Options

@dmwest said:

@jmlanzaf said:

D2

No, nurmaler's posts showed steady sales of several hundred per day.

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,538 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm amazed at how much interest surrounds this issue. Would seem to bode well for the long term in terms of its popularity.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭✭

@grote15 said:
    I'm amazed at how much interest surrounds this issue. Would seem to bode well for the long term in terms of its popularity.

That's a stretch imho! Three or four posters are responsible for this thread getting constantly bumped.

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,538 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 19, 2017 4:40PM

@Manorcourtman said:

@grote15 said:

That's a stretch imho! Three or four posters are responsible for this thread getting constantly bumped.

I was being partly facetious, but there's almost 2,000 posts already and this remains one of the most frequently viewed threads on the forum. Usually, these threads that discuss Mint products are done & gone within a couple of weeks of issue.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

@Manorcourtman said:

@grote15 said:

Yes, I should spend more time explaining to WatchBelieve how his latest greatest find is just a scratch on a nickel.

• Options

@Manorcourtman said:

@grote15 said:

who do you mean?

• Options

@MsMorrisine said:

@Manorcourtman said:

@grote15 said:

who do you mean?

LOL. It was me. Definitely me. :wink:

• Options

@jmlanzaf said:

@MsMorrisine said:

@Manorcourtman said:

@grote15 said:

who do you mean?

are you sure??

• Options

@MsMorrisine said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@MsMorrisine said:

@Manorcourtman said:

@grote15 said:

who do you mean?

are you sure??

Me...or BestDay...we're kind of interchangeable.

• Options
    GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,379 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 19, 2017 6:00PM

@BackroadJunkie said:
    You must be talking about the Perth Mint. They have the contract to do Mickey Mouse. (No seriously, they do.)

You mean something like this?

GrandAm :)
  • Options
    HalfStrikeHalfStrike Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭

193,573 9/17/2017

• Options

@HalfStrike said:
    193,573 9/17/2017

Scroll back to the last page

• Options
    jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭✭✭

Human sacrifice, Dogs and cats living together, mass hysteria!! - ghost busters

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file