Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

So do you like the new forum better than the last one?

Comments

• Options
    jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will photos always have to open up in a new window to see at full resolution?
  • Options
    ms70ms70 Posts: 13,951 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think the purpose of this new forum is to make us all go away.

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

• Options
    lkeigwinlkeigwin Posts: 16,891 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    CuKevinCuKevin Posts: 1,694 ✭✭✭✭
    I posted in this thread last night, made sure it posted, and now it's gone. What gives?
    Zircon Cases - Protect Your Vintage Slabs www.ZirconCases.com
    Choice Numismatics www.ChoiceCoin.com

CN eBay

All of my collection is in a safe deposit box!
  • Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 17,145 ✭✭✭✭✭

No.

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options
    coindeucecoindeuce Posts: 13,472 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 12, 2016 7:57AM

1) The bright white background is very harsh and annoying.
    2) Every thread in the prior format had the author's ID posted with the thread title. Now MIA. How difficult would it be to migrate the code for keeping that feature ?
    3) The PM archives have been butchered. That will lead to a significant decline in participation for those who stored valuable information in the archive and have lost it.
    4) Why is there no advanced search function ?

"Everything is on its way to somewhere. Everything." - George Malley, Phenomenon
    http://www.americanlegacycoins.com

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 12, 2016 7:39AM

Aha.... I see my icon is back...just popped up.... HOORAY....maybe the post count and titles will also be corrected.....Cheers, RickO

• Options

@ricko said:
    Aha.... I see my icon is back...just popped up.... HOORAY....maybe the post count and titles will also be corrected.....Cheers, RickO

Not showing up on my end...

• Options

Looks like my icon has disappeared again..... oh well...lots of work being done...... I will not judge this format for a few days... or a week.... takes time to work things out. I have been through system transfers when I was in corporate life.... not simple. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,972 ✭✭✭✭✭

NONE of the icons above the reply block show up...not diggin' this at all!

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options
    DUIGUYDUIGUY Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭

Thank God I still have My foreskin! I'm done here. Goodbye My friends!

“A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly."

- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 106-43 BC
  • Options
    DNADaveDNADave Posts: 7,242 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 12, 2016 8:19AM

I really like the "Flag Quote Disagree Agree Like and LOL " feature.

You can click on someone's avatar, and then see under "REACTIONS" how many likes, LOL's, etc they've received. Click on those and see the particular posts that were liked, LOL'd etc.

• Options

My icon is back....second time..... who knows, might disappear again.... ah, but at least I know they are working on the system.....going fairly well so far...these system changeovers are NEVER easy.... Cheers, RickO

• Options
    DNADaveDNADave Posts: 7,242 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 12, 2016 8:37AM

It is really easy to change your Icon. When I click on yours, it is very pixilated, but you can easily load a new pic and crop the specific area that you want your thumbnail to show up as. Just click your icon at the very top of the page.

@ricko said:
    My icon is back....second time..... who knows, might disappear again.... ah, but at least I know they are working on the system.....going fairly well so far...these system changeovers are NEVER easy.... Cheers, RickO

• Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,747 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm going to see if it grows on me. Right now I'm unsure if I like it or not.

• Options

Why did a lot of users lose some of their post count?

• Options

Yes... I see what you mean... but I guess I will keep it... had it for sixteen years.... kind of fond of it now. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭

I cant figure it out!

• Options
    EagleEyeEagleEye Posts: 7,676 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like that we can see how many lookers have read a thread.

I also like the drag and drop image feature.

Here is the first mint c.1920's superimposed over the current building occupying the location.

Rick Snow, Eagle Eye Rare Coins, Inc.Check out my new web site:
  • Options
    CascadeChrisCascadeChris Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pic test
    The more you VAM..
  • Options
    Ok. Worked but as a clickable. Can they be put directly into the post on mobile?
    The more you VAM..
  • Options
    MonsterCoinzMonsterCoinz Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭✭✭

I posted this in the Announcement thread and it works great for those of you blinded by the background.

For those of you using the Chrome browser, you can install an extension called Dark Reader and enable it for this site.
    Firefox users: Color That Site
    Internet Explorer users: You're SOL. There are no add ons.

www.MonsterCoinz.com | My Toned Showcase

Check out my iPhone app SlabReader!
  • Options

Thanks mach1ne.

• Options
    EvilMCTEvilMCT Posts: 799 ✭✭✭

Didn't like the last upgrade at all. This one is better but I'm not a fan of the aesthetics; too cartoon like for my taste.

my knuckles, they bleed, on your front door
  • Options
    opportunityopportunity Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭✭

The eye appeal is terrible, honestly. The solid white color with no delineation has got to go.

Early American Copper, Bust and Seated.

• Options

It's growing on me. I love the feature of bringing you back to a thread where you left off! :)

• Options
    BoosibriBoosibri Posts: 11,916 ✭✭✭✭✭

Let's see if the filter accepts Atwater

• Options
    mrearlygoldmrearlygold Posts: 17,858 ✭✭✭

Not sure yet

• Options
    MICHAELDIXONMICHAELDIXON Posts: 6,418 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like the new forums. However, it will take some getting used to.

Spring National Battlefield Coin Show is September 5-7, 2024 at the Eisenhower Hotel in Gettysburg, PA. WWW.AmericasCoinShows.com
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,917 ✭✭✭✭✭

I love that I can just choose photos from my computer or phone to "drop" in here.

• Options

@mach1ne said:
    I posted this in the Announcement thread and it works great for those of you blinded by the background.

For those of you using the Chrome browser, you can install an extension called Dark Reader and enable it for this site.

I may have to give this a whirl back at the house...perhaps those "hidden" icons will appear with a dark background.

IE11 is not liking this new change at all!

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options

I dislike very much that the author of a topic is not named somewhere near the topic title on the page listing all of the current topics.

"Everything is on its way to somewhere. Everything." - George Malley, Phenomenon

• Options

@coindeuce That's one we're working on and should be fixable.

@oih82w8 What problem are you seeing in IE11?

• Options
    edited October 12, 2016 2:28PM

@oih82w8 said:

@mach1ne said:

I may have to give this a whirl back at the house...perhaps those "hidden" icons will appear with a dark background.

IE11 is not liking this new change at all!

The background color setting was a feature of the prior CU format software. Didn't require an app. or an extension.

• Options
    MonsterCoinzMonsterCoinz Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 12, 2016 2:44PM

@coindeuce said:
    The background color setting was a feature of the prior CU format software. Didn't require an app. or an extension.

I dislike very much that the author of a topic is not named somewhere near the topic title on the page listing all of the current topics.

Correct. This is just a (hopefully) temporary workaround.
    The author of the topic actually is named: "Started by XXXX". However, it is replaced by the last poster's name once someone comments on the thread.

www.MonsterCoinz.com | My Toned Showcase

Check out my iPhone app SlabReader!
  • Options

This forum software doesn't currently feature per-user styles, but I'll let the vendor know of the requests for that option. An extension is your best bet if you want to change the colors now.

• Options
    edited October 12, 2016 2:49PM

@John said:
    @coindeuce That's one we're working on and should be fixable.

@oih82w8 What problem are you seeing in IE11?

The bar above the reply block with the Bold, Italics, Strikethrough, Ordered List, etc... and the "gear" next to the time stamp are not showing up on my work computer which runs IE11. I can see them at the house using Firefox.

• Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 12, 2016 3:00PM

For those that exceeded 10,000 posts and selected their own ID "title," those are gone. But on the plus side, I've been promoted to "veteran" and "collector" status today (3 stars?). Collector appears higher than veteran, though I'd have figured just the opposite. I'd also like to be able to eliminate the non-coin forums from my list that I never visit.

Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options
    TwobitcollectorTwobitcollector Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like it

Positive BST Transactions with:
    INYNWHWeTrust-TexasNationals,ajaan,blu62vette
    coinJP, Outhaul ,illini420,MICHAELDIXON, Fade to Black,epcjimi1,19Lyds,SNMAN,JerseyJoe, bigjpst, DMWJR , lordmarcovan, Weiss,Mfriday4962,UtahCoin,Downtown1974,pitboss,RichieURich,Bullsitter,JDsCoins,toyz4geo,jshaulis, mustanggt, SNMAN
  • Options
    USMarine6USMarine6 Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems weird but my post count went up 15 or so. I like i so far but will take a little to get used to
  • Options
    PaleElfPaleElf Posts: 990 ✭✭✭
    I am only accessing the forum through mobile and when I try to quote a previous post "null" is all that shows up in my dialog box.
  • Options
    Is there a dark reader extension for mobile chrome?
    The more you VAM..
  • Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 12, 2016 5:04PM

My post count went up by 2 in the last 1 hour....and I didn't even post. And I got only 1 post credit for this one. I should not post more often. :s Fwiw the emoticon choices are pretty weak.

Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options
    clw54clw54 Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭

Is my post count finally down? That was embarrassing.

• Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,774 ✭✭✭✭✭

Watched the old forum...........joined the new forum.
    I like it

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• Options

It will take some getting used to but it seems like it is an improvement. Time will tell...

• Options
    3keepSECRETif2rDEAD3keepSECRETif2rDEAD Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like it also...did the Bamnisty Act of 2016 get signed into law???
  • Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

@roadrunner said:
    My post count went up by 2 in the last 1 hour....and I didn't even post. And I got only 1 post credit for this one. I should not post more often. :s Fwiw the emoticon choices are pretty weak.

I think everything is pretty weak.

• Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,461 ✭✭✭✭✭

I got a response to a PM that I never sent. YAY new forum!

• Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,461 ✭✭✭✭✭

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file