Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

So do you like the new forum better than the last one?

Comments

• Options
    spacehaydukespacehayduke Posts: 5,522 ✭✭✭✭✭

It is nice but there does not seem to be any way to edit a post after posting it...........

Best, SH

Successful transactions with-Boosibri,lkeigwin,TomB,Broadstruck,coinsarefun,Type2,jom,ProfLiz, UltraHighRelief,Barndog,EXOJUNKIE,ldhair,fivecents,paesan,Crusty...
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,564 ✭✭✭✭✭

@spacehayduke said:
    It is nice but there does not seem to be any way to edit a post after posting it...........

Best, SH

Click on the gear wheel to the right of the post to edit.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    RodebaughRodebaugh Posts: 304 ✭✭✭

@spacehayduke said:

Best, SH

Mouse over the gear icon beside the timestamp on your post. An "edit" option will appear.

• Options
    MrKelsoMrKelso Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭

:'(

"The silver is mine and the gold is mine,' declares the LORD GOD Almighty."
  • Options
    spacehaydukespacehayduke Posts: 5,522 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Rodebaugh said:

@spacehayduke said:

Best, SH

Mouse over the gear icon beside the timestamp on your post. An "edit" option will appear.

Well isn't that special! And high tech, we are in modern times. Thanks to both replies!

Best, SH

Successful transactions with-Boosibri,lkeigwin,TomB,Broadstruck,coinsarefun,Type2,jom,ProfLiz, UltraHighRelief,Barndog,EXOJUNKIE,ldhair,fivecents,paesan,Crusty...
  • Options
    HalfStrikeHalfStrike Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭

Reporting for duty.

• Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,919 ✭✭✭✭✭

Impressive so far......thank you PCGS.

• Options
    jedmjedm Posts: 2,961 ✭✭✭✭✭

Liking it!! Thank you.

• Options
    breakdownbreakdown Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭✭✭

Garth said, "We fear change." But I like the new look and am hopeful. mGlicker is back? Time for Coinguy1's return.

"Look up, old boy, and see what you get." -William Bonney.

• Options
    Aegis3Aegis3 Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭

It seems to have added a lot of white space to the forums. Could just be I'm not just used to it yet. I also would like better time marking of the posts in the forums. I like to start at a certain fixed time to be sure of not avoiding any posts, but now all I know is that posts posted yesterday were posted on Oct 10, but not what time yesterday. I'm sure I'll find new things to complain about later.

--

Ed. S.

(EJS)
  • Options
    foodudefoodude Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭

I like it B)

Greg Allen Coins, LLC Show Schedule: https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/573044/our-show-schedule-updated-10-2-16 Authorized dealer for NGC, PCGS, CAC, and QA. Member of PNG, RTT (Founding Platinum Member), FUN, MSNS, and NCBA (formerly ICTA); Life Member of ANA and CSNS. NCBA Board member. "GA3" on CCE.
  • Options
    TopographicOceansTopographicOceans Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭✭

It is easier to upload pictures now.

• Options
    robertprrobertpr Posts: 6,862 ✭✭✭

So far I really like it. Looks great on mobile, too.

• Options
    crazyhounddogcrazyhounddog Posts: 13,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 11, 2016 8:13PM

It's nice to be able to add images straight from your photo album on your computer using the "Choose Files" option. I very much like this. You can click one the small image at the bottom and make that image really big. Yes I like this much more.

The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
  • Options
    SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,894 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like it

• Options
    SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,894 ✭✭✭✭✭

@robertpr said:
    So far I really like it. Looks great on mobile, too.

I gotta go try that!

• Options
    CrackoutCrackout Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sure, I'll give it a whirl and adapt!

• Options
    illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just tried via mobile and is mostly the same. Can't see signature lines via mobile though.
  • Options
    HandHHandH Posts: 438 ✭✭✭

I don't like change. Period. No, comma. Wait, exclamation point. I don't have time for this. Eff it.

US Civil War coinage
    Historical Medals

• Options
    robertprrobertpr Posts: 6,862 ✭✭✭

And you can type peacock without getting censored. That's a plus! :D

• Options
    blu62vetteblu62vette Posts: 11,902 ✭✭✭✭✭

It will take some eye adjusting but I am sure long term this will be such a better forum!!

http://www.bluccphotos.com" target="new">BluCC Photos Shows for onsite imaging: Nov Baltimore, FUN, Long Beach http://www.facebook.com/bluccphotos" target="new">BluCC on Facebook
  • Options

sweet

B)

"A happy person is not a person in a certain set of circumstances, but rather a person with a certain set of attitudes"--Hugh Downs
  • Options
    braddickbraddick Posts: 23,281 ✭✭✭✭✭

Love it! User-friendly, easy to navigate. What's not to like?

peacockcoins

• Options
    ChrisRxChrisRx Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭✭

Test

• Options
    crazyhounddogcrazyhounddog Posts: 13,880 ✭✭✭✭✭

Its a heck of a lot easier to post images. Pretty nice :)

The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
  • Options
    renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭

The forum experience was better two iterations ago. This is not an improvement because gone are the old archives, pics, threads with history. The look is poor in comparison. More information was displayed in a handy way two times ago. This is not a reluctance to change. Heck, Change is my middle name, hahaha.

• Options
    RockyMtnProspectorRockyMtnProspector Posts: 754 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks good to me!

GSAs, OBW rolls, Seated, Walkers. Anything old and Colorado-focused, CO nationals.

Gonna get me a $50 Octagonal someday. Some. Day.
  • Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,648 ✭✭✭✭✭

@spacehayduke said:

Best, SH

Click on the little blue gear wheel to the right of the time check on your post.

Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    BoosibriBoosibri Posts: 11,937 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    opportunityopportunity Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭✭

The white space is killing me and the PM system is even worse than before. Hopefully these are 2 issues that can be addressed.

Early American Copper, Bust and Seated.

• Options
    OnedollarnohollarOnedollarnohollar Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭

I'll give it my stamp of approval

• Options
    NotSureNotSure Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭
    edited October 12, 2016 12:42AM

Gonna take some getting used to. As others have mentioned, the PM's (my in-box), hell, 3rd PM from the top was from 2014! I think it MAY chase some members away, unfortunately. I agree with the comment favoring the old forum, twice removed.

And, MGLICKER and TopographicOceans in the same room????

edited for spelling error

I'll come up with something.
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hope we get some kind of post/edit feature that is WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get), so we don't have to mess with HTML tags. Ugh.

But this comment may be premature. I just saw a jumble of HTML when I tried to edit the Bargain Bin on BST, is all.

This is my first post aboard the new ship. Too soon to have any firm opinions yet. Much learning to do.

I see I lost over 15K off my post count, but oh, well.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Definitely different... lost posts - over 4000..... no titles.... they were fun.....will have to explore more.... will take a lot more usage than the last change. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,978 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 12, 2016 5:16AM

Ok, I will bite...what "gear"? (editing)

After moving my mouse around the "time stamp", there is a "hidden" icon for editing, as demonstrated by the continuation of the "original" posting. It may be an IE11 issue?

What other "icons" are hiding?

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options
    gonzergonzer Posts: 2,995 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 12, 2016 6:02AM

Who turned on all the lights?

• Options
    thebeavthebeav Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭✭✭

I miss the "time of day" that used to indicate when the post was originated. It helped me to know what I've already seen.

• Options
    dbtunrdbtunr Posts: 614 ✭✭✭

@illini420 said:
    All looks acceptable so far... other than the private messages. I go to the inbox and there are messages, but they are not recent and no apparent way to sort through them. That's a bummer when I had probably 15000 private messages on the older version of the forum, hope they are not gone for good!

Why would you need to keep 15000 private PM's? That is an undue storage burden to put on CLCT. Maybe they should start charging for folks who do stuff like this.

I like the new boards, but they have now spent millions on collectors.com and the boards. Where is the payback?

• Options
    illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭

@dbtunr said:

@illini420 said:
    All looks acceptable so far... other than the private messages. I go to the inbox and there are messages, but they are not recent and no apparent way to sort through them. That's a bummer when I had probably 15000 private messages on the older version of the forum, hope they are not gone for good!

Why would you need to keep 15000 private PM's? That is an undue storage burden to put on CLCT. Maybe they should start charging for folks who do stuff like this.

I like the new boards, but they have now spent millions on collectors.com and the boards. Where is the payback?

@dbtunr I would be that storing text is most likely not much of a storage burden... even for all of the members who keep lots of messages. Not nearly as much of a storage concern as members uploading images which was not previously allowed but is something the new software seemingly can host for members.

But I would guess many of us keep many messages in our history as they are a record of past BST transactions and other conversations with friends and there is no real easy way to store them elsewhere and be able to read them.

If they are lost, I will live... but if they can be saved that would be preferred of course.

At a minimum, it would be nice to see recent messages in my inbox!!!

As many of you might know, I've been selling raffle tickets for my local coin club over on the BST for a raffle which is coming up in about 10 days. I've messaged back and forth with maybe 50 different members in the last couple of weeks about that and NONE of those messages show in my inbox right now... Although I keep written records of most of that and others are in my email, this is certainly making it much more difficult to communicate with other members.

And before @dbtunr comes back with another post about the forum being free and saying that CU should charge... most of us pay in a large amount of money to CU already and CU without question knows that this forum helps generate business, otherwise it would not be here and would have disappeared years ago.

• Options
    BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭

This is a pretty drastic change from the last one which I just started getting used to. I can't say I'm fan as appearance wise this new format seems much like Coin Talk's. We lost a lot of knowledgeable older posters with the last change and assume we'll loose even more with this? Time will tell however traffic here along with threads topic worthiness has diminished since the original forum format.

To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • Options
    gripgrip Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭✭✭

Like trying to figure out a new car.

• Options
    messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,739 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BackroadJunkie said:
    Badges? I don't need no stinkin' badges!

(Has anyone checked their profile?)

I'm going to print mine out and wear them at the next LB show.

• Options
    ms70ms70 Posts: 13,951 ✭✭✭✭✭

In a word no. It seems the things that made it easy to navigate have been severely reduced in size, such as the thread starter's name among other things.

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

• Options
    piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭

I'm getting alot of lines across the whole screen as I scroll. Hopefully that'll get fixed, can't read more than half the posts because of it.

To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.
  • Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,978 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 12, 2016 6:46AM

@grip said:
    Like trying to figure out a new car.

[b]How do I turn the damn wipers off???[/b]

Not diggin' it after the first couple of hours...only time will tell.

[I]Great (sarcasm)...another format to learn.[/I]

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options
    fishteethfishteeth Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭✭✭

trying to figure it out still, can't get it to post pictures, will not let me use any of the buttons to attach or link or anything

• Options
    fishteethfishteeth Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭✭✭

how can we tell who started a post without opening it, I usually look for post started by certain members and looks like all I can see now is who put the last post in the string. Really will be a pain when looking through BST postings, I usually just skip over ones by certain posters

• Options
    VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,833 ✭✭✭✭✭

Do we have a search function? Also, where is the icon/label to Mark All As Read?

• Options
    AblinkyAblinky Posts: 626 ✭✭✭

I think the new forum will take some getting used to, but overall it looks far more up to date tech wise than the prior platform.

Andrew Blinkiewicz-Heritage

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file