Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

So do you like the new forum better than the last one?

124»

Comments

• Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,466 ✭✭✭✭✭

but I do like how I can see post number 19,255, then 19,256, then this one. That's a nice feature.

• Options
    coinhackcoinhack Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭✭

So far, everything I have seen has been splendid. No complaints. I never posted a photo before. Now I will. This is going to make participation in various threads possible.

I did find out how to change your personal avatar. It was very easy, as well. Downloaded from my P.C. Never knew how to do that on the old system so I just kept one that I didn't really have an interest in. In this system it was a snap.

• Options
    CrackoutCrackout Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm starting to get the hang of it.

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,587 ✭✭✭✭✭

Huge upgrade, imo. In a month, even the doubters will be on board.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    morgandollar1878morgandollar1878 Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭✭✭

I can't really say that I have used it much yet, but I am hopeful that it is better.

Instagram: nomad_numismatics
  • Options
    LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,328 ✭✭✭✭✭

In a month or so we won't even recall what the old forum was like......

"My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.
  • Options
    renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭

NO!

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well...into day two... and this is the FOURTH forum format I have used here..... and so far, I would say, it is more
    technologically advanced, easy to use (as I get used to it) and with some unique adders. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 13, 2016 4:12AM

I like the new look and am hopeful. mGlicker is back? Time for Coinguy1's return.
    please, let's not dwell on banned members and plead for their return. they were banned for good reasons and things have been fine since they have been gone.
    let's work with what we have and not what we don't have.

• Options
    ldhairldhair Posts: 7,176 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options

Ok

Larry

• Options

Larry

• Options
    Bob1951Bob1951 Posts: 268 ✭✭
    edited October 13, 2016 6:22AM

"Garth said, "We fear change." " It;s not that I fear change, it is that I have to learn smoething new again. I do not know what half or those things that are right above the post display. Strikethrough? ordered list? unordered list? What do we need to format? and what in the world is markdown? I hope that this is the last major change. Hay fellows great job !! Best format ever!! NOW Please leave it alone!! THANKS !!!!!!!

I like it so far especially the magnifier. Just click on an image for instant magnification. Neat!!

Bob

• Options
    HoledandCreativeHoledandCreative Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would like to see the time of all posts on the initial page. I do not spend 24/7 on this, I would like to but sleep interferes. The time allows me to go to to the last post I looked at and then stat reading those of interest, no tedious searching. Pictures are easy to add now. Haven't quite got the edit function down yet.

• Options
    TopographicOceansTopographicOceans Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 14, 2016 6:00AM

I think it looks more modern than FuseTalk.
    And there aren't the massive number of issues the old forum had.
    There are still some minor issue that will be tweaked to get them right I'm sure.

It would be nice to have a link to go back to the top at the bottom of the page so you can jump up instead of scrolling

• Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,326 ✭✭✭✭✭

I miss having a link to the last page of a thread on the main forum pages, saves a click.

• Options
    dbtunrdbtunr Posts: 614 ✭✭✭

@roadrunner said:
    For those that exceeded 10,000 posts and selected their own ID "title," those are gone. But on the plus side, I've been promoted to "veteran" and "collector" status today (3 stars?). Collector appears higher than veteran, though I'd have figured just the opposite. I'd also like to be able to eliminate the non-coin forums from my list that I never visit.

hey RR I figured out how to do that sort of:

Goto the main "Discussion" screen. It will list all of the discussions you can possibly have which is all on by default.
    If there is an entire group you are not interested in, such as maybe the Stamps forums, you can eliminate it by hitting the "menu" button on the right of the bar for those forums. then hit "mute". that will eliminate ALL of the forums in that group
    If there is only one forum in a group, do the same for just that forum.
    Now when you click on that forum, only the unmuted forums will show up on the right under "Categories" rather than all the forums.

It is not a perfect answer as you will always get all the Forums on the main discussion page but if you are only interested in Coin and Coin BST, you could bookmark the Coin forum, and then you would only see Coin and BST forums under Categories.

FYI - my Masters Thesis 30+ years ago was in Human Factors and Interface Design

• Options
    OuthaulOuthaul Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not a fan yet.

• Options
    VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭✭✭

Now that I've gotten a few minor issues clarified, yes - much better.

• Options
    DNADaveDNADave Posts: 7,246 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DrBuster said:
    I miss having a link to the last page of a thread on the main forum pages, saves a click.

I'd like to see a "back to top" button somewhere. But that's a minor thing.
    Overall, this seem like quite an improvement.

• Options
    OverdateOverdate Posts: 6,963 ✭✭✭✭✭

@dbtunr said:
    if you are only interested in Coin and Coin BST, you could bookmark the Coin forum, and then you would only see Coin and BST forums under Categories.

I go to four forums regularly, so I bookmarked each one individually. I just click on the appropriate bookmark and it takes me to my desired forum immediately.

My Adolph A. Weinman signature :)

• Options

@Overdate said:

@dbtunr said:
    if you are only interested in Coin and Coin BST, you could bookmark the Coin forum, and then you would only see Coin and BST forums under Categories.

I go to four forums regularly, so I bookmarked each one individually. I just click on the appropriate bookmark and it takes me to my desired forum immediately.

but the question was, how do you mute boards you never want to see.

• Options
    TopographicOceansTopographicOceans Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 14, 2016 8:43AM

@dbtunr said:

@Overdate said:

@dbtunr said:

Instead of clicking on Discussions, just click on the Home / U.S. Coin Forum underneath.

• Options

@dbtunr said:

I don't need to. For example, I have a bookmark to U.S. Coin Forum. When I click on that bookmark, it takes me directly here and I never have to see the other boards.

• Options

@Overdate said:

@dbtunr said:

I don't need to. For example, I have a bookmark to U.S. Coin Forum. When I click on that bookmark, it takes me directly here and I never have to see the other boards.

you are still missing the point. On the right hand side of this thread is a large section called "Categories". If you don't "Mute" a category or group of categories, they all show up. Some posters wanted to know how to mute as it was annoying to have all of them show up

• Options

@dbtunr said:

On the right hand side of this thread is a large section called "Categories". If you don't "Mute" a category or group of categories, they all show up. Some posters wanted to know how to mute as it was annoying to have all of them show up

>

I missed that because on my screen the posts go all the way across and the categories show up at the bottom of the page. If I shrink the webpage, they suddenly move to the right. I generally ignore them in either case.

• Options
    mvs7mvs7 Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭✭✭

Definitely has many more 21st Century blog/post features than the last one. The image uploading alone gets my vote. I'm confident they'll work out the kinks to make the transition easier, but so far, great upgrade.

• Options
    illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DNADave said:

@DrBuster said:

I'd like to see a "back to top" button somewhere. But that's a minor thing.
    Overall, this seem like quite an improvement.

Look in the very bottom right corner of the page when viewing a thread... there's a small up arrow that takes you to the top. I think it was recently added.

• Options
    dbldie55dbldie55 Posts: 7,719 ✭✭✭✭✭

It was easier to browse thread topics on the previous forum's as it was just text in an orderly fashion. No real complaints, although I did lose some of my images, that were linked in my signature and on my registry sets. (Just need to upload a new copy of them since uploading images seems to work very well)

Collector and Researcher of Liberty Head Nickels. ANA LM-6053
  • Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭

@dbtunr said:

you are still missing the point. On the right hand side of this thread is a large section called "Categories". If you don't "Mute" a category or group of categories, they all show up. Some posters wanted to know how to mute as it was annoying to have all of them show up

Thanks. Just muted all the stuff I don't ever visit. Easy peasy. Though it might have taken me a few more weeks to run into that "mute" function.

Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options
    ponderitponderit Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭✭✭

yes

Successful BST transactions with Rob41281, crazyhounddog, Commoncents, CarlWohlford, blu62vette, Manofcoins, Monstarcoins, coinlietenant, iconbuster, RWW,Nolawyer, NewParadigm, Flatwoods, papabear, Yellowkid, Ankur, Pccoins, tlake22, drddm, Connecticoin, Cladiator, lkeigwin, pursuitofliberty
  • Options
    Insider2Insider2 Posts: 14,452 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like the options in blue at the bottom of the posts. Unfortunately, I cannot find the edit function that allowed me to change spelling and info for a short time after posting. I MISS it!!
    I liked the old light bulb too.
    The other thing I wish we had here is a notification when someone posts on a thread we are posting on.

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,530 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nope.

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options

@Insider2 said:
    I like the options in blue at the bottom of the posts. Unfortunately, I cannot find the edit function that allowed me to change spelling and info for a short time after posting. I MISS it!!
    I liked the old light bulb too.
    The other thing I wish we had here is a notification when someone posts on a thread we are posting on.

It is the little "gear" in the upper right of your post

There is a display issue if you are using IE 11 where the gear does not show. Try switching to another browser or configure IE to display complex fonts:

Tools, Internet Options, Security Tab, add this site as a trusted site

• Options
    Insider2Insider2 Posts: 14,452 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks...and I found that we do get notified...yeah!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file