Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

The Michael F. Hayes Barber Megathread

Comments

• Options
    barberkeysbarberkeys Posts: 4,154 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mike - I remember viewing Srotag's 97-O half in Baltimore when it still belonged to Dr Pete. It was such a stunner and had just the look I would want, that it stood out amongst the other beauties in Dr Pete's collection. Until reality set in, I had dreams of bidding seriously on it.

Jeff - I vote for the first one, too much stuff on the jaw/neck of #2.

Pics for this AM, newp (at least to me) into Paesan's Stash, PC64:

Vern
    l
    It's not having what you want, it's wanting what you've got.
  • Options
    daveyndaveyn Posts: 150 ✭✭
    Jeff - Like the coloring of the second coin, but the first is definitely the better coin.

Still more great pics, keep them coming, if I can't find one of my own it sure is good to at least see some nice ones.

Dave

• Options
    JeffMTampaJeffMTampa Posts: 3,271 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As always Lenny has a great looking Quarter. Imagine that.

Thanks for the feedback on my pair of AU 58 '00 Halves. I agree with everyone's thoughts and have decided to replace the existing coin #2 with the newly graded raw submission (coin #1).

There's not much of a market for AU Barber Half Dollars right now; I'll likely be sitting on the spare for a while.image

I love them Barber Halves.....
  • Options
    You've all heard of a rescue dog, how about a rescue coin?

I've purchased a few Barber Halves off eBay from bad photos; when they arrived I discovered they were coated with lacquer. With a little experimentation I found that acetone successfully removes the lacquer without damaging the coin.

A while back I spotted an auction on eBay for a Proof 1902 Liberty Nickel in a PCGS Details holder; it was encased in lacquer. I guess this was a fairly common practice at some time. I won the Auction for $151, cracked the coin out, gave it an acetone and flea bath, and sent it to California for a new outfit. It came back in a PR 66 holder:

There you go- a coin rescue story. Without a little help this coin was destined to live out its days in a dingy Details holder. image

• Options
    MFHMFH Posts: 11,720 ✭✭✭✭
    Jeff.... I would vote for the top picture of your 1911 Halves.
    I think the # 1 image should be in a 58+ holder.

Also, I never knew Acetone would remove Lacquer from coins;
    I've never dipped a coin, let alone use acetone or other cleaners.
    But, the net results of removing Lacquer off that Proof Nickel is
    flat out amazing. That's a beautiful Proof Nickel, Jeff. Congrats !!

Vern....Thanks for posting Paesan's 1911 Phila Quarter - nice golden toning
    and looks to be very lusterous as well. Nice coin, Len.

Hope everyone has a great Fourth of July !!

Mike Hayes
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Coin collecting is not a hobby, it's an obsession !

New Barber Purchases
  • Options
    Originally posted by: MFH

Mike- Valente 151 was right; you are a forgetful man. They were both 1900, not 1911!

As far as a 58+ goes, if the grading room thought the coin was worthy of the grade wouldn't they have assigned it when it went through the grading room last week? Or is the common opinion there are no more + grades assigned to raw coins; a second trip to the grading room is required to get a +?

My luck is if I send it in for a "+" grade it will come back in a "Cleaned" holder.

• Options
    paesanpaesan Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks on the 1911 quarter. I think I bought it about 8 years ago, and never had it photographed.

Happy Independence Day!

Paesan
    More coins, less government.
  • Options
    Something new about you..... Have you lost weight?
  • Options
    paesanpaesan Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dyed my hair yellow.
    More coins, less government.
  • Options
    amwldcoinamwldcoin Posts: 11,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jeff,Good score on that nickel.

Mike, acetone is a collector's best friend. Many times I acetone every coin before I send in to be graded. It removes PVC that may not be visible yet. Lacquer was used for many years to preserve coins. In fact when I collected world coins if a better grade copper was lacquered I would leave it alone.

How many have read Tom Bush's write up about Barber Half's? It's a very good article but I would like to point out an error for him. The 93-S is not the key date in XF! The 05-O is the king. It is also the king in VF-XF. The 97-O is also rarer than the 93-S in XF. I am using the pop reports here.

My personal experience places the 97-O over the 05-O in XF. When it comes to originality the 04-S is right their in the mix.
  • Options
    jedmjedm Posts: 2,976 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are both fantastic, but you asked; I would tip you off the fence in the direction of the first one posted. In my opinion a step above the other, only because of the cleaner neck and cheek.
  • Options
    Originally posted by: amwldcoin
    How many have read Tom Bush's write up about Barber Half's? It's a very good article but I would like to point out an error for him. The 93-S is not the key date in XF! The 05-O is the king. It is also the king in VF-XF. The 97-O is also rarer than the 93-S in XF. I am using the pop reports here.

My personal experience places the 97-O over the 05-O in XF. When it comes to originality the 04-S is right their in the mix.

Darrell- I agree with you. I see the '97 O in VF to AU as the toughest one, followed closely by the '05 O. I don't see the '93 S or '04 S tough to find, just pricey.
  • Options
    No HeadlightsNo Headlights Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Darrell and Jeff,

I also enjoyed Mr. Bush's article. I compliment him on a well written article that allows us to get our opinions flowing. A pretty obvious whiff on the 05-O, VERY difficult coin to locate. I also was quizzical as to his inclusion of the 92-O and 92-S with their counterparts from 1897. You can spend years literally finding a nice original 97-O while the 1892 coins are readily available with a modest amount of patience, in particular the O mint coin. I believe price can flush some coins into the market, I think that has happened with the 04-S to some degree. But still overall, overrated and overpriced in comparison to the entire series. I was in 100% agreement on his comments as to "original skin" coins. The truly original coins are few and far between. Always fun to get another person's opinion. Varied tastes and opinions are a major part of the enjoyment of this wonderful hobby, along with the relationships made. A happy 4th to all.

Jim

• Options
    Originally posted by: JeffMTampa
    Originally posted by: MFH

Mike- Valente 151 was right; you are a forgetful man. They were both 1900, not 1911!

As far as a 58+ goes, if the grading room thought the coin was worthy of the grade wouldn't they have assigned it when it went through the grading room last week? Or is the common opinion there are no more + grades assigned to raw coins; a second trip to the grading room is required to get a +?

My luck is if I send it in for a "+" grade it will come back in a "Cleaned" holder.

My mind was on the 1911 Quarter that Vern posted for the Trump Supporter !
    Yes... I meant to say 1900 .... Wait, kiddo, the older you get, the more info gets
    scrambled.

With regards to the "+" on that 58, I believe ( I could way off base here - Afterall, I am
    an Old Codger - as Valente refers me to. ) that Plusses are given out only to precertified
    PCGS coins. Not to worry, once graded numerically and resubmitted in the holder, your
    coin will never get slapped with any adverse commentary - ie: Cleaned.

EDIT:

My take on the toughest Half is hands down the 97-O ( VF 20 to AU 58 )
    Take both 92-O & S out of contention. They are not that scarce. The 93-S
    is a very tough coin in XF 40 to AU 58. Tougher than the 92's. Granted, the 04-S
    in VF - AU is expensive, but easily found if you have the finances. The 05-O is
    difficult, but not impossible. It's all a matter of patience.

Looking for an 1897-O to slide into my current collection has been a real
    challenge - especially since every Tom, Dick and Harry in the Barber Community
    knows exactly how scarce they are. My best set had a nice 55 - and I currently have
    a decent VF 30. It's also the lowest graded Half in my set.

Mike Hayes
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~

New Barber Purchases
  • Options
    Jeff - Great rescue of a really nice looking V Nick.

Paesan - Dyed your hair yellow? You're killing me.

Darrell - I thought Tom Bush's article in the Barber Coin Collectors' Society journal was well written and informative. I believe when he stated the 93-S in EF was the king of the circulated series, he was referring to problem free examples with original skin, not how many are certified. That's his opinion, based on his experience. Your opinion based on your extensive experience, gives the title to the 05-O. My experience is that the great majority of tougher date barber halves in slabs aren't problem free with original skin.

Pics for this AM, my 05-O (which used to belong to Jim, a few years before the No Headlight set came into existence), PC40:

Vern
    l
  • Options
    amwldcoinamwldcoin Posts: 11,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Verne,I also considered originality. Mike I agree it's a toss up between the 97-O and 05-O. I have sold 2 XF45's and 1 XF40 93-S and all 3 were nice original coins. I have sold 1 97-O in an old ANACS 40 holder I believe would have crossed to a VF35. It was previously owned by Cary so ya'll know it had the look! I have sold 1 NGC and 1 PCGS 05-O in XF40. Both were not nice. The person who bought the NGC tried to cross it but it would not cross. The 05-O was the toughest for me in my XF sets. One of these days maybe I can weasel that XF 05-O Mike sold to Cary from it's current owner 1 of these days! image

Noheadlights, Here is my comment on the 04-S. While there are more certified in VF+XF grades the majority of them are dipped out ugly coins and or/are overgraded in my opinion. Nice original 04'S's are right there at the top of the list!
  • Options

I remember that 1905-O Half I sold Cary - I was helping Glenn Holsonbake at his
    table at some show - probably a FUN show - and on opening day, Cary was at our
    table as soon as the show opened. He bought two Barber Halves from me. The 05-O
    and another tough one, that escapes me at the moment. Maybe a choice 01-S .... (?)

He left the show with out a Sous. Yup, I cleaned him out. I have no idea who he
    eventually sold that 05-O to.... if not to you Darrell, then I do not have a clue.
    My current 05-O in PC 45 & CAC has a great look - but not the Circulated Cameo Look
    that my old 05-O had. It was a special coin. Who ever owns it should hold onto it.
    They'll never find its like again !!

I'm still living the dream of locating a nice 97-O in 53.... Don't burst my bubble now !!

Mike Hayes
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~

New Barber Purchases
  • Options
    No HeadlightsNo Headlights Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Darrell,

I agree the 04-S is tough. I have owned two nice original coins, xf-40 and my current 53. But still more available than the 97-O or the 05-0. If market price is a consideration for availability, the 04-S is still overvalued in my opinion. Always dangerous to use PCGS pricing when talking about actual market value I understand completely. But that being said when using AU53 coins the 04-S is three times the 97-O value and SIX times the 05-O by PCGS pricing. That is where my comments were derived from. At best the 04-s should be only comparable to the other two coins. I appreciate your comments, you have certainly handled many more Barbers than I ever will. Have a great day.

Jim Merulla (No Headlights)
  • Options
    LogPotatoLogPotato Posts: 2,176 ✭✭✭✭
    I thought Tom's article was a great read, and it's even more fun to read all the other experiences here.

Well, since we are talking 05-O's here is my VF example. If I remember correctly, I believe it was once a Keith coin. I bought it from Vern last year.

PS: I know of an XF45 PC 05-O floating around on the web for sale. It's probably been overlooked since it isn't on any well publicized coin site. If anyone is interested, PM me.
  • Options

Log - You must have sold off the other 05-O I sold you -
    I remember it was a choice VF - I no longer have its images,
    as all my pics were wiped out a year ago when the lap top
    was serviced. image

I like your new one though.

Here's my 45 from JJ Teaparty - That I bought in May, 2013; it CAC'd since then.

My more recent upgrade is selling at the Heritage ANA Anaheim sale - MS 63

[ unabashed plug... ]

Mike Hayes
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~

New Barber Purchases
  • Options

I just went onto my friend { Srotag } V Nickel set looking for his true views.
    I only found one - an 1891 MS 66 :

I'm really hoping that Valente was able to image the rest of his set.
    The Srotag set is listed as # 50 here - Its a partial set - but based
    on the coins listed [ without any images ] there must be some wowsers !!

Mike Hayes
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~

New Barber Purchases
  • Options

I found this and decided to use my eBay Bucks to buy it.
    I have a decent AU 58 in my Everyman set - and an error
    [O/C] in MS 63 - but wanted a MS normal strike as well:

Mike Hayes
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~

New Barber Purchases
  • Options
    Nice pickup Mike!
  • Options
    Interesting information on which half dates have been toughest to find. Of the 15 or so dates I look for in 40 or 45, I've had (or have) a 96-O, 97-O, 97-S and 05-O. I've yet to find a 93-S, 96-S or 01-O that meets my personal requirements in 40-45. A lot of this is the luck of the draw more than overall scarcity, I'm sure.

Justin - Yes, yours is a Keith coin, and a beauty IMO.

Mike - Your 05-O in 58 (now Cornhusker's 58+) from your Aug 2011 sale is still the best one I've ever seen.

Pics for this AM, my 97-S, still one of my favorites. Bought raw in 1999, now PC40:

Vern
    l
  • Options
    Justin, Mike - Real nice 05'Os haven't gotten there yet.

Vern - Like the 97S, guess it will be a little while until I pick up some of these toughie's. I have been putting aside $100 in my tough coin account each time I add a new coin to my registry should be able to buy a nice AU soon.

I finally broke my drought, not a tough date but a nice 1906P that fits well in my set.

Dave
  • Options
    A great looking coin, Dave!
  • Options
    A great looking coin, Dave!

+1

Harder to locate even the most common Dime dates
    lately - especially in 58 - I grabbed this on eBay at
    auction.

Yes, I overpaid -but not enough to "Break The Bank" !!'

I have had the experience recently, that all terrible images produce a wonderful
    coin in hand. I'm hoping this is also the case, here.

Mike Hayes
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~

New Barber Purchases
  • Options

I never - or should I say, hardly ever buy raw coins - but, I took my chances
    on this 1911 Dime. It arrived today - and its off to PCGS Grading room with
    some odds and ends. I thought there was enough chatter on the cheek and
    in the REV fields to insure the coin wouldn't be graded MS. Its far too nice for
    a 55 grade. My fingers are crossed for an AU 58 [ which I need for the Everyman
    Set.

The images are terrible...the coin in hand is absolutely beautiful !!

I hope to have it imaged upon its return.
    Mike Hayes
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~

New Barber Purchases
  • Options

Vern...I like the 97-S a lot - it reminds me of the one I once had
    in a set I put together after my 8/11 auction. Strong VF/XF coins
    in medium grey are very attractive. As your's is.

Here's the one from my better set - sold 8/11:

Here is the AU 50 in my latest set - EX: Stacks Bowers sale in January, 2012.
    The images are not that great - as the coin has had its share of dips:

Stacks images:
    imageimage

These are Valente151's images.

Mike Hayes
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~

New Barber Purchases
  • Options
    Dave - Congratulations on breaking the drought. Nice coin.

Mike - Hope both dimes turn out well for you.

Pics for this AM, from Milo's collection, PC55:

Vern
    l
  • Options
    Mike - I too hope the dimes work out well for you, I haven't been buying off of EBAY much until I started my Barber Registry set, but I'm getting better at seeing nice coins from crappie scans.

Vern - another nice coin you posted, I'm amazed at the amount of pics you have, any room left on your hard drive?

Dave
  • Options
    Dave - My PC is old and there's still a lot of room. Guess pics don't take up much room, relatively speaking.

Pics for this AM, colorful selection from Paesan's Stash, PC55:

Vern
    l
  • Options
    Pics for this AM, from Milo's collection, PC45:

Vern
    l
  • Options
    I was "Fit to be Tied" yesterday.

Yes I was called when my favoritie lot was about to be put on the block.
    We chatted - then the opening bid was not the $1500 I was expecting, but
    $1800 - then it rose to $2200 - before I could breathe... "Are you bidding"
    ...heard somewhere in my head.... "yes, yes, please...." Okay...Its now at
    $2400 with your bid ...Oh, wait, its now $2600..." Are you bidding ? " Again.
    I was numb ... Yes... I said ...bring up the bid to.... "

"Too late, the bidding closed at $2600...Better Luck Next Time.... "

There won't be a next time... I was after the Eliasberg Dime 1903-S PCGS 64+ CAC...
    the images were terrible, yes, I know, but a friend shot me some Apple IPhone
    pics and the coin was fabulous.

Friends said "just as well...the coin had a bunch of white spots on the obverse
    and they couldn't figure it out. Looks like soap stuck to the recesses." OMG !!!

If there was another Dime - I forgot about it immediately.

I hope that my two AU Quarter Bids pan out. I'm maxed out on these two
    "spares" - { The Heir and the Spare collections hard at work !! } Internet only
    auction tomorrow - I won't be looking again until Monday. At this point, I don't
    care if I win or not. Loosing out on the Eliasberg 03-S Dime put me in a tailspin...

On a brighter note, My friend Srotag did locate a wonderful Dime for his set,
    an 1892-O PCGS 66+ which he found [ at my suggestion ] at Ben Todd's table:

He picked up a few other amazing coins - but only one other Barber { Half } -
    but no images yet....
    Mike Hayes
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~

New Barber Purchases
  • Options
    Too bad on the bidding, Mike. It's better to miss out on a coin than make a mistake, however. Soap?

I purchased several more common date raw Barber Dimes from eBay. I know I should be buying the tough dates first, but it's way too much fun to buy raw ones!

One that came in the mail today was a 1915:

The coin looks like 58 to me; it has nice toning. The reverse has something I haven't seen- extreme doubling at the perimeter. I looked in Coinfacts; no mention of a variety.

Is this shelf doubling or a double die reverse? I'm guessing Shelf Doubling, but why no signs of doubling in the text "ONE DIME"?

• Options
    All SwedeAll Swede Posts: 85 ✭✭
    Mike - I'm sorry to hear about the Eliasberg dime. I know how it feels to think I wasn't proactive enough on a coin. A wise man once told me that he never regrets not getting a coin ... sound wisdom. I will say that when I thought one got away, a better one came back up in time that I was able to get. Good luck on the two AU quarters.

Jeff - keep after those common Barber dimes. They can be more of a challenge than one thinks in the long haul and nice images!!

All - Just terrific Barber half images. It makes me think I need to get in the game. The Barbers - what a tough trifecta!!
    Milo

What?!?! No Barber quarters in the mail today!?!? ... "heavy sigh" ...
  • Options
    Thanks for the condolences, guys. I'll find another MS example -
    but I also wanted that Pedigree too...oh, well.

Jeff... you have a "shelf doubled Die REV" - and a nice 1915 Dime
    that I know you paid a song for... LOL...Its fun getting something
    you like for next to nothing.

I await my raw Dimes coming back from the Mother Ship with lots of 58's !!

I forgot that I had put in a few bids in on a couple of V Nickels.
    I have mentioned that I am working on three sets, PR, MS & AU 58.
    I won an 1892 in MS 63 and a 1899 in AU 58.

The images are weak and fuzzy - but - I think I'll be ok.

imageimage

Mike Hayes
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~

New Barber Purchases
  • Options
    Mike - Probably just as well on the Eliasberg 1903-S. Good luck on the qtrs and congrats on the Nickels.

Jeff - I'll vote for shelf doubling on your 1915 dime.

Pics for this AM, recent cross into Paesan's Stash. Put him at 100% complete in the registry, PC58:

Vern
    l
  • Options
    Mike - I too agree it's probably best you missed out on what sounds to be a slightly flawed coin, doesn't sound like it would have met with your standards. Your nickels are just beautiful, good luck on your submissions.

Jeff - your dime looks real nice hope it comes back in that 58 holder. I envy you and Mike, I just don't have that good feeling about buying raw coins.

Vern - nice pic as always, you need to post a few more of your own stash.

Dave

• Options
    Yes, I do agree that the '15 reverse looks like it has "Shelf" doubling. As I understand it the cause is a loose die that "chatters" upon striking, causing the shifted image. Since the shift happens in a singular direction it's understandable why it's only visible on one side (similar to a shadow). What I don't understand is why it's not visible on "One Dime" in the center? It was subject to the same shift in the die. Any thoughts?

Here's another dime that arrived in the mail this week- a simple 1914:

I'm guessing this will come back as a 58; but I suppose it's possible it will come back as a MS 63. Although there are numerous small marks a scratches, it doesn't appear there's a break in the luster. We'll see.

• Options
    Jeff.... Very nice 1914 Dime - it's not as easy as many think it is to find choice AU-58/64's.
    It's taken me what seems like forever to locate PCGS holdered common dated Dimes.

I'm still missing a whole bunch of common dates in 58. I guess, I should follow your lead, Jeff
    and start looking at raw coins. [ My new 1911 Dime that I recently bought raw is flat out
    breathtaking and a shoe-in for a 58 (+?) ] ....we'll see.

Yes, I think I'll be ok with the new 1892 and 1899 Nickels. The surfaces look clean
    without any disturbing ticks, etc. Although the images are plain lousy, I think the
    coins should be just fine.

Edit: Thursday 7/14/16:
    The nickels arrived and both are Hammered !!
    The AU 58 ( 1899 ) has a tick on the Lips. Looks like a
    Moustache ... it's otherwise a breathtaking coin. As we
    say, it's an AU 64 !! It's also not worth the bother of returning.
    One of these days, should I run across another 1899 in AU 58 (+)
    I'll spring for that. Until then, this one is just fine. It's a good thing
    it's so well struck ( corn is so well defined, you'd think it was struck
    from Proof dies !! ).

The 1892 in PCGS 63 is a very nice coin and is extremely well struck too.
    There is a small patch of something or other on ST of States. YN Valente
    might have to give me his opinion when he has a free moment.

Mike Hayes
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~

New Barber Purchases
  • Options
    Mike-

I'm glad your new raw purchase turned out well; I've seen listings from the seller before but not purchased from them. The 2 Liberty Nickels look good in the photos. The coins are in PCGS holders, how can you go wrong?

Another raw dime that arrived this week, a 1905:

This one has nice toning and color with great surfaces. The marks on the cheek are a bit of a concern, but I think it should still be a 58. We'll see......

• Options
    Yes, I do agree that the '15 reverse looks like it has "Shelf" doubling. As I understand it the cause is a loose die that "chatters" upon striking, causing the shifted image. Since the shift happens in a singular direction it's understandable why it's only visible on one side (similar to a shadow). What I don't understand is why it's not visible on "One Dime" in the center? It was subject to the same shift in the die. Any thoughts?

Geometry. Sort of like gears with longer radiuses go farther for every turn. The shift is minimal near the center of the coin and spreads the farther out you go. Another possibility is lettering was applied to hub/master dies separate from wreath.
    I bring the brutal honest truth, you bring the tissues. Circa 2015.
  • Options
    Funny how things work out. I placed odd ball max bids on two Heritage Auction
    Barber Quarters. My odd ball, i.e.: Max Bids, were the actual bids I won with. It
    seems as though I was the high bidder by $3.00 on each coin. Go figure. Lol

imageimage

imageimage

It seems as though I have a few very attractive 1892 Quarters ... Ty 1 & Ty 2's
    ...it has to be because more people saved the new issue in 1892. Seems they're
    as common as any date. Regardless - they make a great display.

Mike Hayes
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~

New Barber Purchases
  • Options
    Great looking pickups. Mike! I really wish there were both Type I & II Quarters recognized in the Registry set; I think it's a significant design change. To me it's much more dramatic than a 1C coin with or without the designers initials......
  • Options
    Welcome, "TheTruthHurts".... And I amoungst many others appreciate
    your interperation of the reason for Die Doubling. Very interesting.

Jeff...thanks, and, I agree, I also wish they would include Ty 1 & Ty 2's
    ...but in the Barber Quarter with varieties.

Edit to add:

Received the latest CAC submission results:

1911 V Nickel - OGH - PCGS MS 63 : Exceeded !!
    1903-O Dime - PCGS MS 62 : Passed
    1908- D Quarter - PCGS AU 58 : Passed
    1909-S Quarter - PCGS AU 55 : Passed

Sadly ( but no surprise ) the 1900 Phila Quarter in PCGS AU 58 : Did Not Pass.
    Images are in previous posts. I'm pleased with these results.

Mike Hayes
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~

New Barber Purchases
  • Options
    Jeff - Congrats on the new raw dimes. Also, your point is well taken on the Type I & II design changes. Are you listening PCGS?

TheTruthHurts - Welcome to the PCGS forum and the Barber Mega-thread.

Mike - Congratulations on your strategic bids with HA. And on a 07-S qtr besides. Looks like you did very well with CAC. Congratulations again.

Pics for this AM, per your request Dave, three raw spares from the back of my safe. Anyone care to offer grading opinions?

Vern
    l
  • Options

Vern....love V Nickels ...

My take:
    AU 53 - Top
    AU 50 - Middle
    XF 45 - Bottom

Mike Hayes
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~

New Barber Purchases
  • Options
    All SwedeAll Swede Posts: 85 ✭✭
    Vern,

It's great to see some of your solid examples of raw coins. I'm right there with Mike, but I will dare to be different:

Top - 53

Mid - 45

Bot - 40

Milo

What?!?! No Barber quarters in the mail today!?!? ... "heavy sigh" ...
  • Options
    rheddenrhedden Posts: 6,621 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's one of my Barber dimes I didn't sell back in 2014 because I think it's undergraded. 1912-D, PCGS MS63 (blue holder). Please tell me where I can buy more MS63 Barber dimes like this one. image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file